ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Fall 2010 Edition

The fireworks and lagoon parade pictures are fantastic. I hope to take some like that we are there. We will make our first stay at the Poly in 25 days. I hate to wish away time but our vacation can't come soon enough.

How exciting!!!! You're going to love it! :goodvibes

Hopefully we can all be some help to you - can't wait to hear more about you and your family and what you'd like to experience @ the Poly.

Look at our counter today!!!!! You like the way I added OUR!:woohoo:

Completely jealous of that counter! :thumbsup2

Any Tokelau enthusiasts here? I made a request with our reservation for top floor @ Tokelau if they had it available. It's only a garden view room and not sure if they'll grant it -- figured it was worth a shot in asking! It's our first time at Poly, first time at Disney for hubby and daughter. Would love to hear what others think about the longhouse... :goodvibes

Is this still the same loop that they play now??

Sadly, no it isn't. Apparently the resort went through a "Music Loop Overhaul" or something like that a little while ago.

I hear that the new music isn't bad. It's just not this, and this is what I've memorized and come to love. Hopefully the new stuff grows on me like this did. :goodvibes

Sadly, no it isn't. Apparently the resort went through a "Music Loop Overhaul" or something like that a little while ago.

I hear that the new music isn't bad. It's just not this, and this is what I've memorized and come to love. Hopefully the new stuff grows on me like this did. :goodvibes

I guess I am in the minority here...it's not that we didn't like the old music, we are just so glad that they have more than the eight or so original songs. For two years in a row we have had a ground floor room in the Hawaii building where you can hear the music constantly since it is piped into the grassy area/beach. DH is so tuned in to music (no pun intended) that he was nearly driven insane :scared1: by the constant repetition of songs. Maybe they should have just added more songs instead of getting rid of the old ones.

I guess I am in the minority here...it's not that we didn't like the old music, we are just so glad that they have more than the eight or so original songs. For two years in a row we have had a ground floor room in the Hawaii building where you can hear the music constantly since it is piped into the grassy area/beach. DH is so tuned in to music (no pun intended) that he was nearly driven insane :scared1: by the constant repetition of songs. Maybe they should have just added more songs instead of getting rid of the old ones.

Yes, please. . .keep the old and add some new. . .sounds like a win-win to me. Really, the new is definitely in keeping with the atmosphere--it would simply be nice to have the old and familiar alongside it. :yay:

Yes, please. . .keep the old and add some new. . .sounds like a win-win to me. Really, the new is definitely in keeping with the atmosphere--it would simply be nice to have the old and familiar alongside it. :yay:

This would have been a great way to go.

This would have been a great way to go.

I was just thinking the same thing, as I sit here listening (again and again) to the old loop. Yes, it's less than an hour of music, repeated over the entire day...it does get old after a while. I just really wish they hadn't completely gotten rid of the music which has become synonymous to the Polynesian experience for me. So a mixing of old+new would have been far preferable.

:)I leave for a day and a half and theres a whole new thread and 5 pages to read! The thread looks great. I love the pictures and the music loop made my day! :cloud9: Reading all about everyones plans and trips helps me from going crazy til our Poly vacation! :worship: :lmao:

45 days til our WDW vacation!!

Another questions (I'm full of them today). How about fishing for kids? DS7 seems to think he saw fishing on our trip in Feb and for the life of me I can't think of where, but now he really wants to go fishing off the dock of the Poly. Is there anything available at the resort or do you have some other suggestion? TIA!

Another questions (I'm full of them today). How about fishing for kids? DS7 seems to think he saw fishing on our trip in Feb and for the life of me I can't think of where, but now he really wants to go fishing off the dock of the Poly. Is there anything available at the resort or do you have some other suggestion? TIA!

I've never seen anyone fishing @ the Poly, but you can take the fishing tour thing where they take you out in the lake to catch & release.

I was just thinking the same thing, as I sit here listening (again and again) to the old loop. Yes, it's less than an hour of music, repeated over the entire day...it does get old after a while. I just really wish they hadn't completely gotten rid of the music which has become synonymous to the Polynesian experience for me. So a mixing of old+new would have been far preferable.

Maybe if enough of us wrote in our feedback they would add the other songs back in. Does anyone know how to get that information to the powers that be?

Just in time to enjoy a new thread....! We jump in the car exactly 7 days from now... but we don't get to the Poly until 2 days later....:-(

Still though...... I am SO excited.... and a bit nervous.... now that we are so close (I have been planning since January) I start to worry that something might happen that would prevent us from going!

Arriving August 1 for another great and much-needed week at the Poly.

This new thread is extremely well done!

Anyone have any Room Service pics they could post from the poly :D
I do! I do! Breakfast ...

4370109315_522773af4e.jpg

4370860100_bc303b71e2.jpg

Best day, mid-way through our trip. We slept in, had room service and visited the other monorail resorts for the day.

Thanks for including us in your ticker!! Can you believe how close it is??? I just spent the entire afternoon trying to do our park touring plans while listening to the Poly loop. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon, I think. :thumbsup2 Besides, it's 104 with the heat index here, so being inside it better. Though, maybe I should go outside to get myself ready for Florida. :rotfl:

Unfortunately, I broke my big toe 2 days ago. :mad: That's going to make park touring kind of hard. My DS says I should get a wheelchair so we can go to the front of the lines. LOL! Of course, I won't do that!!! We'll just have to take it a little slower....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter