ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Fall 2010 Edition

It possible they thought they were 16. But before they let you on the dock they ask for state issued ID for minors.

I'm really not trying to be contrary with you :flower3:I'm just relating our recent experience. The sign said 12 years and a certain height. We conversed with the marina/rental CM about the requirements and she knew how old my kids were and that they were planning on driving/riding the boat themselves. It was a-ok according to her. :confused3

It is 16 to drive the boats alone...:thumbsup2 We get them every time we go..
My daughter just turned 16. She was very disappointed last year.

It possible they thought they were 16. But before they let you on the dock they ask for state issued ID for minors.

I'm really not trying to be contrary with you :flower3:I'm just relating our recent experience. The sign said 12 years and a certain height. We conversed with the marina/rental CM about the requirements and she knew how old my kids were and that they were planning on driving/riding the boat themselves. It was a-ok according to her. :confused3

Carl, your information has to do with personal watercraft (wave runners), the water mice are different. Personal watercraft does require a driver's license even in MI.

If you look at the new thread and see the picture of the water mice rental, it is age 12 and 5' tall to rent. Our kids drove these water mice years ago when they were young--granted we rode along (and maybe there is a change now and the signage hasn't been changed), but they drove us and we switched when they got tired of making waves.

mikala.jpg

As with all things Disney--you get a different answer from every CM.

Tess, thanks so much for the sign and the confirmation on the water mice info that the CM was giving us is correct...I started getting nervous that she was giving us the wrong info.?
My kids had their sights on riding together by themselves the next time we go, which will be over 16 for my DS, but not for DD, so she'll be happy~

Perhaps they changed the age limit? We were there 3 weeks ago and my DD13 and DS15 at the time (now 16) were wanting to rent them... the marina workers said, yep, they'd be good to go. They decided not to, they didn't want to spend their spending $ on them :confused3 but it seemed like they would be ok to go....?

Carl, your information has to do with personal watercraft (wave runners), the water mice are different. Personal watercraft does require a driver's license even in MI.

If you look at the new thread and see the picture of the water mice rental, it is age 12 and 5' tall to rent. Our kids drove these water mice years ago when they were young--granted we rode along (and maybe there is a change now and the signage hasn't been changed), but they drove us and we switched when they got tired of making waves.

mikala.jpg

As with all things Disney--you get a different answer from every CM.

I cannot believe we have not allowed our kids to drive the mice! And it goes soo slow with larger than normal me and a teen! I can send them out and say bye bye.. I know I asked last year and they said no. Fiddle faddle..
I get so indignant when I think I am right.:mad: sorry guys.:flower3:

Just wanted to say I love the new Aloha, Poly Winter thread!!!!Thanks Rob, and I didn't want to clutter it up,:thumbsup2

I cannot believe we have not allowed our kids to drive the mice! And it goes soo slow with larger than normal me and a teen! I can send them out and say bye bye.. I know I asked last year and they said no. Fiddle faddle..
I get so indignant when I think I am right.:mad: sorry guys.:flower3:

Hey, no problem!;) That's why I love the disboards, it's great discussion and really, there really is a lot of conflicting information out there, and sometimes we all get different information from different CMs.
Hope your kids can go back and enjoy the watermice sometime! :)

Is this where we can check in before we officially check in? :wave2:

My family is heading down to the Poly in June, and I can't wait! My husband and daughters have never stayed here (we've only done All Star Movies, and while I loved it, my husband made me swear to never do that to him again.), so for his birthday, I upgraded and booked a week during Star Wars Weekends. For me, it's a return trip almost 20 years too late. (I stayed at this particular hotel when I tagged along with my dad on a business trip while I was in high school.)

I loved it then and sure I will love it more. Thanks for all of the pictures. Seeing them makes a cold winter's day in Utah much more bearable . :beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter