ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Fall 2010 Edition

Ah, more fuel for the fire! I've gotta stop coming by these wonderful Poly threads -- getting so excited I can't sleep at night. :surfweb:

(Thanks for keeping it going! :goodvibes )

Thanks so much for the new thread!!!! I have loved checking in here daily as I planned our first WDW vacation. I can't believe we are only 12 days away now!!!!

Having a stressful day with our move ... but with the Poly loop playing in the background with some of these fantastic pictures blown up to full screen somehow the day seems less frantic. :cloud9:

I moved this from a post i put up on the spring edition thread.

Here are a couple of pictures of the view of the fireworks from room 2516 in the Hawaii building.

OMG!!!! I can't wait to see this myself. 12 more days.....12 more days.....:cool1:

just wanted to share a photo of my husband enjoying a lapu lapu. It is 102 degrees here in DC. It would be a relief to be in WDW today!

3587187293_b2aeb380a1.jpg

Same here, a balmy 95 with heat indices of 105. . .the lapu lapu sounds good as long as there is a pool to go with it! :cool1:

:goodvibes

So I originally had CSR booked with FD last Sept then a few months ago I changed to Poly with Room Only paid that off earlier this month than DH said Hey I want to try CL so we added that and just now I paid off the extra from adding CL! I am so excited! cant wait for my mickey mail in a few weeks and my email letter for CL check in..

The waiting is sooooo HARD! :banana:

:goodvibes

So I originally had CSR booked with FD last Sept then a few months ago I changed to Poly with Room Only paid that off earlier this month than DH said Hey I want to try CL so we added that and just now I paid off the extra from adding CL! I am so excited! cant wait for my mickey mail in a few weeks and my email letter for CL check in..

The waiting is sooooo HARD! :banana:

Hooray! Paying off = the best feeling!

We did a bit of upgrading on our last trip (5 days @ POR changed to 6 @ WL changed to GF then to the Poly! Whew!) and I have to say, even the little upgrades along the way added to the thrill of the trip. Every little step in the process, like the Mickey Mail and the email, is one step closer!

Waiting is hard, isn't it? But I have to say, listening to the Poly loop has completely changed my day. Already considering downloading it to my ipod and playing it in our room when we go! :rotfl:

just wanted to share a photo of my husband enjoying a lapu lapu. It is 102 degrees here in DC. It would be a relief to be in WDW today!

3587187293_b2aeb380a1.jpg

Oh, that looks good. I swear before you all, I will have a Lapu Lapu on my upcoming trip. Have still managed to go without one and I feel as though I need to experience it. ;)

Oh you have to have at least one!

My favorite Poly thing to do is order one at the Tambu Lounge and then watch and see all the other people looking at you and saying, "what the heck is that? I need one!". and then all of a sudden the whole bar is drinking out of pineapples!

Jennifer

The new thread looks great guitarob! And a huge thank you to BreezysMom and SeaSpray for the previous ones - all of your hard work is appreciated by all of us Poly-addicts! :worship:

OMGoodness, yes, and BreezysMom! (How could I have forgotten? :sad2:) My apologies for my forgetfulness. :rolleyes1

Can't wait for our first Poly stay - thanks for the great info, pictures and music!!!!!

Just booked my little one's 1st haircut at Main Street Barber Shop. Have to call to request a "full" balcony or patio since the CM I spoke with yesterday told me that my room category was defined with a balcony or patio guarantee. I didn't argue. I'll just call back.

We leave in 56 days and we'll be at the Poly in 57!!!

Eeek! I can't wait!

The fireworks and lagoon parade pictures are fantastic. I hope to take some like that we are there. We will make our first stay at the Poly in 25 days. I hate to wish away time but our vacation can't come soon enough.

Hi again. Our family of five have a garden view room at the Poly from Aug 17 to Aug 27 for the first time. Is there any particular request(s) that we should make? I'm hoping that some of the Poly veterans on here can help me out. Thanks.

A great big MAHALO to everyone for all of the compliments on the new thread! :goodvibes Much love to all of you!

It is truly amazing how long this tread has been rolling along, from edition to edition and no one ever seems to get bored. I know I never do!

Hopefully we will have a ton of new pictures and updated information when we return at the end of September so that I can continue to grow and update the available information.

Hi again. Our family of five have a garden view room at the Poly from Aug 17 to Aug 27 for the first time. Is there any particular request(s) that we should make? I'm hoping that some of the Poly veterans on here can help me out. Thanks.

If you give us a bit more information, we would be more than happy to help.

What are your primary wishes when it comes to room location, e.g., close to pools, close to GCH, quiet room away from the action, more central to the action, near the quiet pool or more active volcano pool, balcony, patio or neither are important, etc. Let us know and we'll suggest away! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter