Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if we ask for a late check out what time it is, 12:00 or 1:00? We did this last year but I can't recall when he needed to be out of the room?

Thanks!!

Does anyone know if we ask for a late check out what time it is, 12:00 or 1:00? We did this last year but I can't recall when he needed to be out of the room?

Thanks!!
I was able to get a late checkout at 1pm last August when staying at the Poly.

Stayed at Moorea for 2 nights in a lake view studio and fell in love. The resort is amazing. The pool is perfect. The kids splash area was great! Construction- sure we saw some but it didn't ruin our trip. We couldn't turn the air down either and woke up a bit warm but- it didn't ruin the trip. I would absolutely recommend the poly to friends and family even with the growing pains. It's amazing. View attachment 98643
hi there!
was wondering if you could hear the noise from the horns from your room? we requested Moorea for our stay in August for ourselves and my in-laws so i am a little worried. Thanks!!

hi there!
was wondering if you could hear the noise from the horns from your room? we requested Moorea for our stay in August for ourselves and my in-laws so i am a little worried. Thanks!!
I've heard that from everyone I've read about on the DVC boards or DVC talk groups. And they started around 5:30AM.

Thanks!!
If you are staying in one of the new DVC villas, you cannot get late check out.

What I'm wondering is if the large back windows and doors on the lake side of the bungalows have curtains or blinds or something. Those ferries go right by with hundreds of people staring right into the bungalows. Yes I already know, no skinny dipping in the plunge pool, lol.
It's really small and not heated. And you cannot fish from the bungalows either. I asked that question when we toured.

this is a great post! Love the pics! Maybe someone has already asked this, but can an adult fit on the pull down bed in the studio villas? Thanks!
They call them bunk sized. Narrower than a twin and maybe a bit shorter, too. I thought I heard a 150 lb weight limit on them, too. But I can't confirm that.

What I'm wondering is if the large back windows and doors on the lake side of the bungalows have curtains or blinds or something. Those ferries go right by with hundreds of people staring right into the bungalows. Yes I already know, no skinny dipping in the plunge pool, lol.
Yes, the rear windows (as well as all the rest of the windows) have 2 sets of rolling window blinds. One allows light through and the other is much darker. Bungalows 7014 through 7020 are closer to the ferry and therefore more "exposed" to its sight and sound. Note - we saw all sorts of boats go by the back of the area and don't forget, the smaller ferry boats that dock at the Poly have horns too. Also, all the windows in the Bungalows are double pane insulated glass. It doesn't eliminate sound but helps.

Possibly a silly question, but with the construction and changes is there still a good area to watch the fireworks from the beach? We're staying there in October, and I would love to watch them and get a night cap at Sam's one evening! :)

Yes, the rear windows (as well as all the rest of the windows) have 2 sets of rolling window blinds. One allows light through and the other is much darker. Bungalows 7014 through 7020 are closer to the ferry and therefore more "exposed" to its sight and sound. Note - we saw all sorts of boats go by the back of the area and don't forget, the smaller ferry boats that dock at the Poly have horns too. Also, all the windows in the Bungalows are double pane insulated glass. It doesn't eliminate sound but helps.

Thank you, that's really good info! True, all the rental boats from the marina also might cruise by even closer than the ferries. I don't think the horns will bother me though. My brain kind of sees that as background noise and doesn't pay much attention, unless it were to get like jetliner going overhead loud, lol.

Possibly a silly question, but with the construction and changes is there still a good area to watch the fireworks from the beach? We're staying there in October, and I would love to watch them and get a night cap at Sam's one evening! :)
I'll check my pictures when I get home. There is a grass hill at the Point near the fist 13 Bungalows. I just don't remember if it is high enough to see over the Bungalows to see the fireworks. The beach by the main pool will have great views.

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I know the waterfall in the lobby was removed.

What about the water areas in the front, right outside the lobby?

I think Tikiman's Facebook page was showing pictures of workers still making changes to the water features out in front of the lobby, so they may not be done with that yet.

I'll check my pictures when I get home. There is a grass hill at the Point near the fist 134 Bungalows. I just don't remember if it is high enough to see over the Bungalows to see the fireworks. The beach by the main pool will have great views.

I think I remember someone saying the music is piped in at the beach, so if the view is still there then that may be our best best! Thank you! :)

OK, so I checked my pictures and it looks like the top of the hill at Sunset Point is high enough for a decent view of the fireworks. The best view would be from the beach near the main pool, the 3rd floor of the north facing buildings or the Bungalows

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter