Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the map with the red hatched areas to show fenced off areas. This is very helpful as I am planning our trip which starts in 20 days. We are staying in a deluxe villa and I am trying to see the best way to walk to the lava pool. I would like to walk along the beach, but it looks like the past across the point where the bungalows are is closed and we would have to walk the long way up and back down the point. What do you think is the best route to the pool from the villas?

Thank you for the update and the map with the fenced areas. I'm assuming fenced also means construction behind it. Not horrible but really not wanting a construction view.

Thank you for the map with the red hatched areas to show fenced off areas. This is very helpful as I am planning our trip which starts in 20 days. We are staying in a deluxe villa and I am trying to see the best way to walk to the lava pool. I would like to walk along the beach, but it looks like the past across the point where the bungalows are is closed and we would have to walk the long way up and back down the point. What do you think is the best route to the pool from the villas?
I stayed in Moorea end of April and there is an open path along the beach. The fence surrounds Tokelau but ends at the sidewalk. We will see you there! 18 days for us! :wave2:

By the way, I found a cool channel on Pandora - Disney (Children's) Radio. Classic Disney songs form movies
Thanks so much, RRB! So do you think the quiet pool was just open because it's a holiday weekend, or has it not officially closed yet? Thanks again for the construction pic update!
Not officially closed yet. It looks like to me that they are doing improvements to the surrounding areas before shutting the pool. Pics coming next!

where are the deluxe villas?

Standing on the 3rd floor of the north end of the Samoa Building, looking at the Quiet Pool

from our balcony of the Bungalow. I seemed like it was 50 feet away!

Awesome view! Spectacular. Easily the best view in Disney. I would love to stay in a bungalow someday!
Thanks for posting all of the great information. Have a great trip!

Quiet pools this monring

Well the quiet pool certainly is quiet, I guess even with it open people just flock to the main pool. Wonder when they are going to start work on it, be interesting to see what it looks like when it's all new and if more people use it then.

That picture from your bungalow of the EWP is amazing, I can see why people would love the bungalows for such an amazing view just hope it doesn't take away to much of the amazing view from the beach.

Thanks for all the photos and info! Hope your having an great trip!

Yes I think once the pool is replaced and bar and grill added, it will divide the crowds between the two pools and be very pleasant at both. We shall see!

I stayed in Moorea end of April and there is an open path along the beach. The fence surrounds Tokelau but ends at the sidewalk. We will see you there! 18 days for us! :wave2:
Thank you, that is great to know! It feels more like a vacation if I can walk along the beach rather than a parking lot of construction.

RRB, thanks for the updates. Bungalow 6 looks like the perfect location. I can't wait to read about your stay there!

Well the quiet pool certainly is quiet, I guess even with it open people just flock to the main pool. Wonder when they are going to start work on it, be interesting to see what it looks like when it's all new and if more people use it then.

On my last 2 Poly stays (early May and early Dec), the quiet pool was barely used, and on that fairly warm December trip, the main pool was closed. I've been the lone swimmer at the quiet pool a few times on those trips, or one of only 3 or 4 people. It's a nice break from the crowds, so I'm not sure how I feel about this rehab. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they do.

I sometimes read people worrying that the quiet pool closure will make the main pool more crowded, but I don't see that being a problem.

RRB, thanks for the updates. Bungalow 6 looks like the perfect location. I can't wait to read about your stay there!
We requested 6, 7 or 8. Those 3 are on the point and furthest out into the water.

1-5 have a great view of the GF, MK and west side of the Poly but not so much of the east side of the Seven Seas Lagoon
6 has a great view of the GF, MK and CR/east side of the SSL
7 has the best views as it is on the tip of the point
8-20 have great views of the MK, CR and the east side of the SSL

Now that I have stayed here, 6 or 7 are be the best (for us). There are other considerations such as distance to the Main Building and distance to the TTC that are a consideration. I will take a video from our balcony and post it with the room report.

I have to agree with previous poster, the quiet pool had never seemed busy when we are there, just a few families at most, usually empty or just us in the pool, so I can't imagine it's closure causing a huge impact to the lava pool.

We are staying garden view club level in October. We are not nap takers with teenage kids, so I'm not worried about facing quiet pool construction. Our resort time will be spent in the lounge, the lobby, lava pool, beaches, and bar areas. Our room time will include sleeping and showering. There is a good sized green space between the gv cl rooms so that is another positive. I understand the concern about these rooms from guests that have little ones that nap or if you spend afternoons on your balcony. I hope everyone can enjoy their stay, we can't wait!

Thank you for the update and the map with the fenced areas. I'm assuming fenced also means construction behind it. Not horrible but really not wanting a construction view.
Correct. There is construction going on behind the fencing. Some areas more than others.

Thanks, RRB, for your live updates. The view of the EWP from your bungalow is awesome! Are you hearing any rumblings of when the quiet pool will be closing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter