Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I am leaning towards booking a regular room at the poly for our next trip..we stayed in tokaleu before and LOVED it for its location and size of room…can anyone suggest longhouses similar to this location we should ask for??? are all standard rooms the same size as tokaleu's rooms used to be? I thought I remembered reading before our last trip that they were the biggest ones.

Getting ready to jump in the car in just a few hours! Calling for rain almost every day of our trip and the resort is a hot mess! Packing a sense of humor and money for booze and ponchos!! Gonna get my Disney on! Woot!!

Oh, and I'm still working on my Touring Plans. Oops! LOL!

So did you plan to meet up when you read each other's dates? Because there's a thread that's posting that very thing!

Yes there is, but I am horribly behind at the moment!! I am SO sorry and hope to get caught up by this weekend!

Okay so I am leaning towards booking a regular room at the poly for our next trip..we stayed in tokaleu before and LOVED it for its location and size of room…can anyone suggest longhouses similar to this location we should ask for??? are all standard rooms the same size as tokaleu's rooms used to be? I thought I remembered reading before our last trip that they were the biggest ones.
I believe Tokelau, pago Pago, and moorea are the longhouses with the larger size rooms and they are all now DVC-I think the remaining longhouses at the resort are all the same size (415 Sq Ft vs 465 in Tokelau)
As for best alternate location you might want to check out this website to help you decide
http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/the-resort/longhouses

Chicago?? I am in Central IL. Used to live in Plainfield :-)

This really is a fabulous place to meet people! I just found out that @princessap lives 20 mins away from me!!! What are the odds of that??!! And it took the wonderful world of Disney for us to find that out! :chat: So cool!!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
This really is a fabulous place to meet people! I just found out that @princessap lives 20 mins away from me!!! What are the odds of that??!! And it took the wonderful world of Disney for us to find that out! :chat: So cool!!!

I agree! The love of Disney is something other people don't get if you don't love it :)

When is your next trip planned?? Would be crazy if we were at the poly at same time!

Does anyone know if any of the gift shops at the Poly sell Disney ponchos?

I don't know 100% but I would guess so. When we stayed at BLT last year the gift shop at contemporary sold them. They weren't out so I didn't wasn't sure, but when I asked the CM working there she pulled a bunch from behind the counter and asked what sizes! So if you don't see them out somewhere just ask a CM.

Does anyone know if any of the gift shops at the Poly sell Disney ponchos?

I don't think I've found a gift shop anywhere on property, resorts or parks, that doesn't sell Disney ponchos.

If it's a bright sunny day, you might have to ask the CM working behind the counter for them as they aren't always out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter