ALOHA! Sept. 2015 PTR! * Updated 11/3 - p. 11*

Hi Katie!! Oooh, I'm getting so excited. Only 73 days to go.:cheer2: I couldn't leave well enough alone and I've added two more ADR's and changed our Le Cellier to the Yachtsman. I'm sure you are more than ready for your trip, too. I'm staring to get a little nervous about the FP + reservations since this will be the first time I've done them. :drinking1Just need to take a drink, calm my nerves and hope for the best. PS. I'm reading your trip report for your 2014 trip. Hilarious and my son loves the pictures.

Hi everyone!

I'm so sorry it took me SO long to reply to these comments. I am a poor excuse for a Dis-er :sad2:
In my free time I'm trying to write updates for my current trip report and keep that moving so that it gets finished before I go on this year's trip!
But I love you all and I love reading your comments :lovestruc
So I set some time aside today to catch up with you all and post a new update over here :goodvibes

I'm a bit late to the party but joining in!!! Your trip(s) sound so fantastic! I was at DLP in 2012 and boy was it packed!!! I hope that since you are going in Sept and weekdays it won't be so bad. How fun though!!! I will have to go back and re-read to see where you are staying at DLP. We had a great time there...but I have to say it's good that you are staying at DLP before WDW...because the rooms are rather cramped in comparison to what you find at WDW. And the POLY!! I'm sooo jealous!! What a fantastic trip!! You will just have enough time to get back from DLP to unpack and wash laundry and repack!! I look forward to following along!

Hi Kathy! I'm really glad you're here, even though I've been terrible at keeping on top of this thread :sad2: That's so cool that you've been to DLP! I've found that not many people here on the Dis have ever been, but for us here in the UK, it's our 'local' park! My family are a little disheartened because Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World AND Crush's Coaster are all down for refurbishment when we're there (and they LOVE Crush's Coaster). I'll miss Crush Coaster for sure, but at least I'll be heading straight to WDW to do Pirates and IASW :thumbsup2 And incase you didn't find it in this PTR, we are staying at the Disneyland Hotel at DLP! We usually stay off-site, but we've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel once before and LOVED it, so my dad decided to book it for us! Me and my friends stayed at the Sequoia Lodge in December 2013 and we loved it there too. I think it's the same architect / designers as the Wilderness Lodge - so it was a great place to be around Christmas :goodvibes Where did you stay?
Haha I know, I've been a little worried for the turn-over, and having to unpack, do laundry, and repack in 2 days, but I'm sure I'll be up at the crack of dawn with excitement anyway, so I'll hopefully have enough time to do it :goodvibes

That's so awesome that you got your brer gang! They are very cute! Glad they get along with other studies so well!

How you get the vitamin D thing all worked out and feel better soon--get to Florida ASAP! :smooth:

Thanks Lori! I've been taking vitamin supplements which have been making me feel much better :goodvibes I do take it as a sign that I should spend a lot more time in Florida in the future though :thumbsup2

:rotfl: I do tend to quote random movies that no one seems to get! It's like a whole genre of movies that are made just for me :happytv:popcorn::
Or many I just watch weird movies! :lmao:
When we were booked for the trip we meant to be taking this year (we should actually be there now :sad1:) It took me a whole WEEK to get the number for DME :mad: And many phone calls to people who just did not get it :sad2:
I know, how in the heck did we miss F&W! Honestly we were like the worst newbies on our last trip even though we had been like 15 times before! :blush: Noobs! We must redeem yourself!! :cool2:
Okay seriously this is the best idea ever! I have already picked my new house (Cinderella's Castle...or if not available the Gingerbread house at GF...both very likely house choices don't you think??) :rotfl:
Do it!!! :banana::banana:

OMG this is THE BEST! :cool1:
And Br'er Bear STILL has no pants on! :rotfl: Dude. :hippie:
Broccoli plush is amazeballs! Making veggies look cool! :cool2:
Well clearly you had better get to Florida stat! Doctors orders! :thumbsup2
The weather here right now. :sad2:
It SNOWED the other morning. In April. Snow. Where actually is this "Global warming" thing any way?? I don't see any evidence at all! :cold:
:rotfl:

Hello Dear! It's good to see you over here, even if I have been neglectful of this thread.

YAY that you'll be able to do Food and Wine in 2016 :goodvibes Unless you end up changing your entire trip - I wouldn't be surprised at the rate you're going..!!
Hahaha you can live in Cinderella Castle - and the gingerbread house at the GF seasonally :thumbsup2 hmmm, I'll join you there in Cinderella Castle, but I think the hustle and bustle would be a bit too much for me. I might take set up camp in the Swiss Family treehouse. :hyper:

Haha I know! Br'er Bear is so cute, he just hasn't got a clue.
And the Broccoli plush IS SO COOL. He's only £7 from Ikea!!!! They do a Carrot also!

IKEA-Plush.jpg

Hi Katie! Followed you over from your TR.
I had no idea you had a PTR going as well!
Be forwarned, I don't comment too much on PTRs.
But I am here, following along.... and completely thrilled with what you've planned so far...
and totally jealous of those plans too! :laughing:

Hello friend! Oh don't worry, apparently I don't post on here often either :laughing: There's not much to this PTR, but there'll probably be a couple more posts before we go :goodvibes Glad you're here anyway!

Katie, that is some serious pixiedust:. Bill and Mandy are examples that there are still really good people out there. Enjoy those stuffies! :goodvibes

Aren't they just! Random acts of kindness are what keeps the world going around :goodvibes

Hi everyone!

I'm so sorry it took me SO long to reply to these comments. I am a poor excuse for a Dis-er :sad2:
In my free time I'm trying to write updates for my current trip report and keep that moving so that it gets finished before I go on this year's trip!
So I set some time aside today to catch up with you all and post a new update over here :goodvibes

That's so kind about the gift!! There are some really awesome people out there!

There really are! Acts like this really restore your faith in people! :goodvibes

Excellent choice going with Kona for breakfast. The tonga toast is to die for, but I would suggest splitting and getting something else too. The sugar combined with the heat made everyone a bit nauseas for a good portion of the day. :worried: Can't wait to read this next report!

That's great advice, thank you! I'd hate to feel nauseous on a precious Disney day. Also, when I'm at Disney I start to think, "So much food to eat, too little time to eat it all!" So even without the excess sugar/heat problem, splitting two breakfasts at Kona sounds like a good plan for me :thumbsup2 Is there anything else you can recommend?

Hi Katie

They won't gang up on him - they're not those sort of chaps!! I'd keep broccoli away from Br'er Rabbit though - he might eat him:)

Hi Bill! You'll be pleased to know that Br'er Rabbit has done well to restrain himself, and the Broccoli is still in one piece! Also, I've sent you an email today :goodvibes

Hi! Following along on this and your last TR, sounds so exciting! My BF and I are contemplating which Deluxe to stay at for our next trip too! They're all so enticing

Hey! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I've really been neglecting this thread :sad2: But I'm so glad to hear you've been following along with both! Did you guys manage to chose a Deluxe to stay at yet? It's such a hard decision!

Those plushies are so awesome! Disney friends really are some of the best, nobody can understand your obsessions quite like them.

I know! Disney friends are the best friends :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

STOP IT!!! This is so freakin' amazing!!! What awesome people they are to send those to you as gifts. Those are really cool!:goodvibes

Is the broccoli from a movie or show?! It's actually really cute!

"STOP IT!!!" - Haha! :rotfl2: I know, they're amazing! And the broccoli isn't from anything, I just found him from Ikea a few years ago!! He was only £7 ($10/11) and I thought he was funny, then Jamie fell in love with it as well, so I bought him his own :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: We're a weird couple. I've just shown Lu above too, but incase you missed it, they also do a carrot :rotfl::rotfl:

IKEA-Plush.jpg

Your new plushies are AMAZING :lovestruc, but can we just talk about that equally amazing broccoli for a hot second? :shamrock::shamrock: <-- NOT QUITE a broccoli, but close enough :P

Hahah isn't it great!! It's from Ikea, and they do a carrot too (see above) !!!

:love:Can't believe I've only just found you're ptr. I can't wait to hear your review of POR club level.

I'm thinking of starting a ptr myself for our 2016 visit, having booked our stay at 512 :rainbow:days out

I haven't ventured into this arena yet, just enjoyed everyone else's:hyper:

Kind of feel an obligation to try::yes::

Hey, sorry it's taken me so long to reply! But at least you'll be into the 400-something days now right?! Exciting! Did you start a PTR yet?!

Hi everyone!

okay! I am all caught up and so excited because we'll be at disney at the same time!!!

Ive been having a lot of 2nd thoughts and worries about going to Disney solo (the trip didnt start as a solo trip :/) and I kindve got away from the disboards because I felt my trip was in danger of not happening. Now that Im rebooked for a solo trip, Im trying to get myself pumped back up to visit the happiest place on earth and Ive been seeking out PTRs for people going the same time as me and Im so glad you guys are gonna be there!

are you planning on MNSSHP at all? I am BEYOND excited for F&W. :D

Yay for being there at the same time! What are your dates? That's awesome that you're still going solo, I fully anticipate going solo in the future, and I'm just as excited about it as going with someone! It sounds nice to go at your own pace :goodvibes YES we will be at MNSSHP October 1st! Are you going? And omg, me too, I'm saving up a substantial amount of money to spend solely at F&W!

All caught up and following along.
Those plushies are great, all of them!

Hey sorry this took me so long to reply to, but I'm really glad you're here! And I know, they're amazing! They're exactly what I was looking for at the parks :goodvibes

Joining in late, but all caught up :)
Your PTR is such fun!!

Hey, sorry I took so long to reply :sad2: But I'm really glad you're here, and that you're enjoying it! :goodvibes

Okay, I am officially the worst TR reader :sad2: I've been following along with your current TR, but of course I fell way behind, which also means that I somehow missed the beginning of this PTR! But I guess I made it here eventually :rotfl2:

I can't believe you are going to have a Theme Park View at the Poly...Jamie is the best! :banana: Dang, the hotel's going to be so nice that you might not even want to leave to go to the parks :laughing:

Your ADR list also looks great! I think you'll really enjoy Boma, especially since you're a picky eater. There are tons of options, some are pretty safe/traditional, and some are more adventurous if you're feeling up to it. I loved their coconut rice; I still dream about it :love:It's a major bummer about the BoG lunch on your first day, but I guess you live and you learn. And maybe you'll get lucky and be able to snag someone's cancelled reservation!

And that's some major pixie dust with the Br'er stuffed animals. The DIS community is pretty magical pixiedust:

Hey! No no it's totally fine! Obviously the fact that I'm only just replying to this suggests how bad I am at keeping on top of everything on the Dis..!!! Sorry about that.

Haha I know! I'm going to have to make sure I take some time to appreciate the hotel and the room itself :goodvibes

That's really good to know about Boma, I'm looking forward to being able to get a little bit of everything to see what I like. Then maybe next time I'll feel brave enough to visit Jiko or Sanaa :thumbsup2 And I'll be sure to try the coconut rice!

Yaaay, I actually DID snag a cancelled reservation for BOG on our first day!! I'm so happy :hyper:

Loving this PTR! I should have kept up, as I would have told you to not bother with Shula's. We have a Shula's here in Indy where we live. Nothing to write home about. Definitely not worth your time when you are visiting WDW! But, you didn't pick it anyway, so I am glad!

That gift is just so awesome! It is so refreshing to see random acts of kindness!

SOOOOO...I have fun news! We will be at Yacht Club for a long weekend September 25-28!!!!!! We had a Dismeet on our last trip, so if you guys are interested, we are lots of fun! :teeth::teeth::teeth: PM me if so! PTR on its way soon...once I finish that TR from LAST October. :fish:

Not to worry, I should've kept up with this thread too...!! Sorry it's taken me a while to reply!

Ah ok, I'm glad I chose the Yachtsman then!

YAY for a long weekend at the Yacht Club!! That's so cool, we'll have to get in touch closer to the time :goodvibes What are your plans so far? Will you be at F&W on the 25th for opening night?! Also, MK has EMH until midnight on Saturday 26th! Omg, it's getting so close, it's so real now!

Following because I LOVE your TR in progress from your last trip. I'm currently booked at Poly for 11/14-11/21 (super jealous of your two week trip) and it's going to be our first trip staying there. I've been so excited to stay there, you actually have me reconsidering and thinking about a split stay at GF or BC though! Decisions, decisions!!!

Hey thank you!! I'm glad you've been following along :goodvibes haha oh no, did you decide on a final plan yet?!

Okay, can I just say I know this feeling SO WELL right now? I got up at 5:55 a.m. yesterday to do our ADRs and BoG was full for dinner for the ENTIRE WEEK we're going to be there! I may or may not have looked like the saddest person in the world because, right then, I may have been. You know, #firstworldproblems and all. Guess I'll keep trying and hope for some pixie dust -- keep your fingers crossed! I made a Beaches & Cream ADR in lieu of BoG, but I'm pretty sure it's not a comparable substitution. More of a placeholder, really, until I Katiefy my ADRs in a few days and can get BoG. ;)

Did you find a BOG ADR yet?! Omg girl, I GOT ONE THIS MORNING. For our first day. I'm so happy. Keep checking!!! Also, have you been checking here?

http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-guidelines-november-cancelled-adr-thread-read-1st-post.3409711/

People post ADRs they're going to cancel, and you can sometimes PM them to coordinate so that you can snatch it up as soon as they cancel!

This trip sounds so amazing! I can't wait for it to happen for you so I can read about it.

Hey, I know I'm so excited! Thanks for reading :goodvibes

Katie I just have to say I am enjoying both your TR and PTR! You and Jamie are so cute, what a dream upgrading your room.

Hey thank you! I'm glad you've been reading along :goodvibes:goodvibes I'm so excited for this Poly stay, the room will be an absolute dream!

Yay! I love your trip reports! We are planning on going for the same dates (14 days) and at the Poly CL GV (wish we could do TPV) in 2016. Looking forward to living vicariously thru your trip reports until then. We were going to do 11 days but decided to make it a full 2 weeks. Hey, when your travelling over 4,700 miles you might as well stay awhile.:cool1: It is kinda funny that we are from Maui and staying at the Poly!:laughing:

Hey, thank you!! I'm glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes That's so cool that you're planning a similar trip the following year! Will you be writing a TR? I'm sure by that time I'll be missing the Poly terribly, and I'll be wanting to live vicariously through you! Wow that's so cool that you're from Maui! I'd love to go to Hawaii one day. Hopefully you'll love the Poly, and it wont remind you too much of home! :laughing:

Oh. My. Gosh. Those SplM plush friends are the best. How amazing you were able to get those! What a special treat!!!!! They look like the type of bunch that would fit in with everyone! :goodvibes

I know!! So cute! It was an amazing random act of kindness too, which makes them even more precious :goodvibes

Hi Katie!! Oooh, I'm getting so excited. Only 73 days to go.:cheer2: I couldn't leave well enough alone and I've added two more ADR's and changed our Le Cellier to the Yachtsman. I'm sure you are more than ready for your trip, too. I'm staring to get a little nervous about the FP + reservations since this will be the first time I've done them. :drinking1Just need to take a drink, calm my nerves and hope for the best. PS. I'm reading your trip report for your 2014 trip. Hilarious and my son loves the pictures.

Yay! :banana: Haha I do that too, I always fiddle with my plans/reservations up until the day we go! I think changing from Le Cellier to the Yachtsman is a good choice! I really liked them both, but the Yachtsman is just a little more open and airy.. Le Cellier was a little too dark and cramped for me. Aw don't be nervous about FP+! It's kinda fun to book them! But yeah I agree, maybe have a drink first... The website can be a little temperamental, which can be annoying. I hope it goes well for you! And I'm glad you're enjoying my current TR! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I'm so sorry a few of your fave rides will be closed when you are at DLP..that is sad...but I'm sure you will find lots to keep you busy!! Wow...you are going all out with the Disneyland Hotel...the location for that one is so fabulous...I can't imagine staying THAT close to the park...it's even closer than the CR is to MK!!

Where did you stay?

We stayed at the Hotel Cheyenne....I have to say...I wasn't impressed. I guess my expectations are more along the lines of what you find at WDW in the US....but we picked that hotel because it allowed us to have a bunk bed for the kids and a bed for the adults in the same room...but the bed was tiny for us...and ...the worst part was that there was no air conditioning...and it was the middle of a heat wave so ...we died...But I'm sure the DL hotel is much better lol...We did love staying on property though and being able to walk to the parks was awesome.

YAY

Hey friends! :wave2:

So, while I try desperately to finish writing updates for my current trip report, this pre-trip report is becoming increasingly neglected. It’s been much harder to keep on top of it than I thought! So today I’m taking some time to reply to all of your lovely comments and write an update. YAY.

We are currently 62 days away from DLP,
And 71 days away from WDW!
This is getting so real!
So here’s some ramblings about what’s been going on.

Mickey Mail!

First of all, the other day, I got some Mickey Mail from my good Dis-friend @blklotus :hyper:

Meredith sent me this adorable card, and a sheet of Disney stickers!
Girl, you are adorable.
THANK YOU!!!

kM4ueUz.jpg

Q1DmPhO.jpg

wRJwash.jpg

:lovestruc

We’re going to MICKEY’S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!!

YAY.

Jamie and I did the Halloween Party in 2012 and had a great time! We both absolutely LOVE the Boo To You Parade. It’s maybe our favourite parade at Disney. So we’re excited to go back this year! We have tickets for October 1st.

In terms of costume… I own this t-shirt (or a very similar variation), and I have absolutely no shame about it.

SGmzPDx.jpg

So I’m going to be Buzz Lightyear! I’ll probably just throw on some white jeans and see if I can find some cheap purple shoes too.

I told Jamie he could go as anything he wanted, but Woody would be the logical choice. He’s pretty keen, although he doesn't want to wear a hat! We haven’t sorted his costume yet, but we’ll probably just find him a yellow shirt and a red ascot to wear with some jeans.

Updated ADRs / Plans

The inevitable happened, and I fiddled around with our plans a little bit. But the best news is… (drumroll)

I got my Be Our Guest lunch ADR for our first day!

Since it was a while ago that I posted about it, here’s what I mentioned in a previous update:

I suddenly realized that the ADR I was probably looking forward to the most was lunch at Be Our Guest on our first full day (September 23rd), which might be a problem if the IPO hadn’t got around to booking anything for me yet.

I checked on the website, and sure enough,

BE OUR GUEST LUNCH WAS FULL.

Exactly 180 days before!

So GUYS. If you can’t book on the morning of your 180 days mark…

Just kidding. Luckily, I quickly snatched myself a reservation for a couple of days later instead, so it’s not the end of the world. It was just because we ate lunch at Be Our Guest on our first day last year, and it felt so special.. It was the perfect way to start the trip.

I had a little hope in the back of my mind that the IPO had already booked it and just hadn’t let me know yet, but the next morning they emailed me to say they hadn’t been able to get Be Our Guest for the first day.

I guess it’s partly my fault for assuming the IPO had nothing better to do than to book my ADRs the second they were released?!
Maybe I should have taken responsibility for the coveted reservations myself.
Anyway, I’m going to keep checking for cancellations!

Well since then, I’ve been stalking the September ADR cancellation thread. My date did actually come up a couple of times but someone had always jumped in there and grabbed it before me.

I also obsessively refreshed the Disney BOG reservation page, and completely unexpectedly, BAM! September 23rd – 12:45pm!!

NO MATTER HOW YOUR HEART IS GRIEVING, IF YOU KEEP ON BELIEVING, THE DREAMS THAT YOU WISH WILL COME TRUE.

I also moved our reservation at the Yachtsman Steakhouse from Friday 25th to Saturday 26th, because the Friday is the opening night for Food and Wine! I know it’s probably going to be crazy busy on the first night, but I’m really eager to be there.

I think that’s all that’s changed.

Here’s the updated ADR list!
9/23 – 12:45pm – Be Our Guest (yay!)
9/23 – 6:45pm – Kona Café
9/26 – 6:00pm – The Yachtsman Steakhouse
9/27 – 12:35pm – Be Our Guest (- not sure if we'll keep this, now that we have 9/23)
9/27 – 7:30pm – Boma
9/28 – 5:45pm – 1900 Park Fare
9/30 – 8:10am – Crystal Palace
9/30 – 7:00pm – Whispering Canyon Café
10/2 – 7:00pm – Ohana
10/3 – 8:45am – Kona Café
10/3 – 5:55pm – California Grill
10/6 – 12:05pm – Be Our Guest

Like I said, not a lot different, but I still thought I’d update.

I’m really excited for these ADRs.
I don’t know whether I’ve made this entirely obvious before, but I’m obsessed with Disney hotels. And of course, I love Disney food.
So what could be better than eating at restaurants AT the hotels?!?!

As you can see, we’ll be eating at The Polynesian, The Yacht Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, The Grand Floridian, The Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary!

YAY.

I’m really excited to arrive a little early and explore these resorts! I also plan on doing a little resort hop one day this trip, probably on a weekend because the parks are predicted to get quite busy.

I’d like to spend some time at the Beach Club and Boardwalk. I LOVE THE BEACH CLUB. We’re eating at the Yacht Club, but I’m pretty sure we won’t arrive with enough time to explore the whole Epcot resort area.

I’d also like to visit Coronado Springs and Art of Animation, as I’ve never been before and I think they both look amazing!

And finally, I’m hoping to get to Port Orleans Riverside. This is where I stayed every year as a kid so I loooove it there. I have so many great memories of this place. And while I’m there, why not check out Port Orleans French Quarter, since I’ve never visited there either?!

YAY.

A momentous occasion in the life of Katie...

Ok, before I wrap this up,

GUESS WHO FOLLOWED ME ON TWITTER.

36M08xr.jpg

QUEEN STACEY!!!

My excitement level on this evening was THROUGH THE ROOF.

Bp1AZJT.gif

!!!!!!

I love her.

(For anyone unfamiliar, she's the host of Must-Do Disney - the 20-something minute show they play over and over in all Disney hotels, all day and all night. And no one's mad, because it's hilarious.)

Ok, I think that's all I've got for you.

11 days until FP+ day!!

I'll leave you with a photo Jamie sent me the other day of what he called:

"HIDDEN MICKEY"

AqeBUwh.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Have a great week!

Click for next post!

Last edited:
It’s been much harder to keep on top of it than I thought!

OMG. You wrote that with Lou around???

This is getting so real!

::yes::

If you don't post copious amounts of photos...
I'll unfriend you from Facebook!
Wait... we're not friends on Facebook now...
I'll hold my breath until I pass out!
Hmmm.... not sure how that's going to be bad for you.

Just post lots!

In terms of costume… I own this t-shirt (or a very similar variation), and I have absolutely no shame about it.

:laughing: I like it!

I told Jamie he could go as anything he wanted, but Woody would be the logical choice.

::yes::

Way to go!!

Well since then, I’ve been stalking the September ADR cancellation thread. My date did actually come up a couple of times but someone had always jumped in there and grabbed it before me.

I'm doing the same with the August thread.

I also obsessively refreshed the Disney BOG reservation page, and completely unexpectedly, BAM! September 23rd – 12:45pm!!

Score!

QUEEN STACEY!!!

I love her.

Still have to watch that video you posted... so many things to do, so little time...

Okay these are awesome. But why is the carrot upside down? Or does he just talk out of his butt? :rotfl:

This is getting so real!

tumblr_mumepckU6B1sx7icyo1_500.gif

SO EXCITING!

Okay this is going to sound weird but can I just say how much I love @blklotus's handwriting! So pretty!

YAY.

tumblr_inline_mond6jYieK1qz4rgp.gif

I am so looking forward to seeing your photos! This is one of the things I am most excited about for our trip!

So I’m going to be Buzz Lightyear! I’ll probably just throw on some white jeans and see if I can find some cheap purple shoes too.

Good plan :thumbsup2

I told Jamie he could go as anything he wanted, but Woody would be the logical choice.

That's is a logical choice...but wouldn't it be hilarious if he went as Jessie?? Then you could have a couples outfit! :rotfl:

minionwoohoo_zps5ecbc298.gif

QUEEN STACEY!!!

OMG!!! :worship::worship::worship: Queen Stacey!!!

"HIDDEN MICKEY"

AqeBUwh.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

OMG. You wrote that with Lou around???

HEY! And...well yeah! :rotfl: I totally would have said something!

I'm so excited your doing MNSSHP!!!!! We loved it so much when we did it. Boo to you--I could listen to that music ALL DAY! I just live through you since I don't know when we'll be back for another party....

Yay!!! BoG ressie!! So yummy!

Love the hidden Mickey! We have fun finding those EVERYWHERE!

I feel like we definitely have similar tastes in food and activities :). Resort hopping is my all time favorite activity. With this being my first trip for Christmas in December, I have dedicated ridiculous amounts of time to look at decorations and shops around the resorts.

Also, I could praise whoever came up with 'Ohana. Amazing food and atmosphere and a must-do every visit. Sadly, I don't set an extreme amount of time aside for meals because I usually only go for short stays, so I have never been to a signature restaurant in my 20+ visits.:( Maybe now that we have just joined DVC, I will have a better shot at it! I can't wait to read about your meals because I am so so so jealous!

You will be there at the same time we are! Our dates are 9/26-10/3! We are not doing the Halloween party though.

Hey!!! That is so exciting you and Jamie are going to do MNSSHP! I have never gotten a chance to do it but it has always sounded like a blast. I LOVE your idea of being Buzz and Woody - so much fun! Also, YAY for BOG ADR reservations!!!! That's an accomplishment in itself when you get those for a trip as many days as you have left.

Resort hopping is always something I love to do on a Disney vacation. Definitely go to AoA - it is awesome and perfect for picture taking. When I get to my resort pics in my TR, you will see the fun my friends and I had with that! :rotfl:

Stacy followed you?!??! That is so exciting!!! She really is the greatest.

I am so excited to hear more of your plans - you are so close! :goodvibes

Mickey Mail!

First of all, the other day, I got some Mickey Mail from my good Dis-friend @blklotus :hyper:

Meredith sent me this adorable card, and a sheet of Disney stickers!
Girl, you are adorable.
THANK YOU!!!

YOU are adorable! Glad you liked the Mickey mail -- I feel like that's definitely the best kind of mail, for sure. :rotfl:

YAY.

Jamie and I did the Halloween Party in 2012 and had a great time! We both absolutely LOVE the Boo To You Parade. It’s maybe our favourite parade at Disney. So we’re excited to go back this year! We have tickets for October 1st.

YASSSSSSSSSSS! One million pictures will be required, of course. At least one million. Maybe two million. :goodvibes

Again, YASSSSSSSSSS! Have you done BOG for dinner? I feel like it's far superior to BOG lunch, but BOG lunch is leaps and bounds better than ANY normal day lunch. This is me at BOG lunch: :dancer:

Here’s the updated ADR list!
9/23 – 12:45pm – Be Our Guest (yay!)
9/23 – 6:45pm – Kona Café
9/26 – 6:00pm – The Yachtsman Steakhouse
9/27 – 12:35pm – Be Our Guest (- not sure if we'll keep this, now that we have 9/23)
9/27 – 7:30pm – Boma
9/28 – 5:45pm – 1900 Park Fare
9/30 – 8:10am – Crystal Palace
9/30 – 7:00pm – Whispering Canyon Café
10/2 – 7:00pm – Ohana
10/3 – 8:45am – Kona Café
10/3 – 5:55pm – California Grill
10/6 – 12:05pm – Be Our Guest

EXCELLENT ADRs!!! I've updated ours as well, and now we get to see Neil Patrick Harris narrate the Candlelight Processional on December 1 and I am totally over the moon! I'm secretly (okay, not so secretly) hoping to run into him and his family in line for a ride so I can fangirl and embarrass myself completely. His kids are THE CUTEST kids, possibly on the entire planet!

And while I’m there, why not check out Port Orleans French Quarter, since I’ve never visited there either?!

OMG POFQ! That's actually my preferred resort when I'm not, you know, living it up in Fancy Town and staying at the Poly. :jumping1:

Did you find a BOG ADR yet?! Omg girl, I GOT ONE THIS MORNING. For our first day. I'm so happy. Keep checking!!! Also, have you been checking here?

http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-guidelines-november-cancelled-adr-thread-read-1st-post.3409711/

People post ADRs they're going to cancel, and you can sometimes PM them to coordinate so that you can snatch it up as soon as they cancel!

BTW -- TOTALLY got a BOG dinner ADR on 11/30 at 7:45 p.m.! I may or may not have cried a little bit. :hyper:

And finally, I’m hoping to get to Port Orleans Riverside. This is where I stayed every year as a kid so I loooove it there. I have so many great memories of this place. And while I’m there, why not check out Port Orleans French Quarter, since I’ve never visited there either?!

YAY.

Definitely check out POFQ! I've never stayed anywhere else and absolutely love it there!
While you're there looking around, be sure to stop at the food court and get an order of beignets - they are a must have treat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter