All the makings of a disaster… I’m bringing two reluctant teens and the in-laws!!

Love the shirts! I ordered t-shirts for me and my DH the other day too. They'll be here by Thursday I think. Yay!! :cheer2: I know a lot of adults dress up for MNSSHP, but I'm afraid of the looks we'd get on the bus. We were able to get into the MK at 4pm with our party tickets last time and I don't want to walk around for 3 hours before the party starts with a costume on.

I love the shirts - so cute! Although now you had to do two trips to Wal-mart - and all for nothing:crazy2: But the shirts and ears will be really cute for pics:)

And I can totally relate about the picture sizes! Mine are always showing up in various sizes, even though I set them to the same size in Photobucket. If you ever figure this out, would you please let me know?:rotfl:

I so feel for you with the keys! Though not post-stroke, my DH is incredibly forgetful. I tell him he'd forget his head most mornings if it wasn't attached. We go through the "where's my keys" conversation at least twice a week. :sad2: Had to laugh though when you posted where they were found. :p

I LOVE THE T-SHIRTS! And I totally love the ears you got to go with yours. We are also totally over the "costume" thing. I'm gonna update in my PTR today because DH's T-shirt finally came in yesterday so I can take pics now. I just want to be comfy, ya know, and like you said, not creepy. :scared:

Too funny about your DH and his keys. Gotta love them!

I try to remember if mine was this bad before the stroke, and maybe I'm just noticing it more now since there's something to blame it on, and I honestly don't remember!

Love the shirts! I ordered t-shirts for me and my DH the other day too. They'll be here by Thursday I think. Yay!! :cheer2: I know a lot of adults dress up for MNSSHP, but I'm afraid of the looks we'd get on the bus. We were able to get into the MK at 4pm with our party tickets last time and I don't want to walk around for 3 hours before the party starts with a costume on.

Yeah, being on the bus, and the discomfort and clean up of the costumes was getting to me. Did you get the same ones? If not, make sure you post them so we can all oooohhh and aahhhhh over them.

I love the shirts - so cute! Although now you had to do two trips to Wal-mart - and all for nothing:crazy2: But the shirts and ears will be really cute for pics:)

And I can totally relate about the picture sizes! Mine are always showing up in various sizes, even though I set them to the same size in Photobucket. If you ever figure this out, would you please let me know?:rotfl:

Thanks, I love my shirt and ears. I'm also going to look for some purple and green striped longish socks so I have a complete matching ensemble. If it's too hot, I won't wear the socks, but I'll have them just in case. Can 't believe I subjected myself to Walmart for no good reason.

I don't have any idea what's going on with my photo sizes. It's only the t-shirt photos that are doing this. One time I log on and two are tiny one is medium and one is large, next time, three are large and one is medium, next time one is tiny two large and one medium. I copied those from the Disney shopping site. No idea if this has anything to do with it, but it's slightly entertaining me every time I scroll down this thread:thumbsup2

:lmao: I also have checked your PTR several times to see what size which photo will be! :laughing: Small minds, eh? :rotfl:

:lmao: I also have checked your PTR several times to see what size which photo will be! :laughing: Small minds, eh? :rotfl:

:rotfl2:thanks for the laugh. It's like a price is right game. Sometimes I think I'm so immature for 43:rolleyes1.

edited: now it's a new combination, three large and one medium!!! Haven't had that yet

Yeah, being on the bus, and the discomfort and clean up of the costumes was getting to me. Did you get the same ones? If not, make sure you post them so we can all oooohhh and aahhhhh over them.

I bought different ones....as soon as I have them in my hands I'll post pics on my PTR. I hate not having a Disney store in our area!

Ok, so the photos seem fairly consistent now (three large and one smallish, but not tiny), maybe I can focus on something else.

I'm at my 25 day mark:cool1::banana:

This weekend I'm planning to start packing the toiletries so I can see what else I need, because on Sunday it will be THREE WEEKS til I leave. Things are looking pretty busy til then also. Lots of parent responsiblities regarding football games and meetings, graduation meetings(already), serving pasta for football, cross country meets, hosting pasta party at my house for cross country, snack shack duty, carpools, and the list goes on. Time is just going to fly by!

I'm also startin my 6 day weekend at 3pm today. I was supposed to be off work Thurs, Fri, and Tues to just relax and enjoy the pool, etc, but now I'm taking DS17 to Washington DC tomorrow/Friday to see a couple of colleges. I'm kind of excited for it to be just the two of us, though God help the two that are staying home:lmao:

Tuesday I will probably go shopping for any last minute back to school stuff the boys need, since they start on Wednesday:cool1::woohoo:

So, I won't be on much, the hotel in DC doesn't have free Wifi, and it's a Marriott, come on Marriott, get with the times:worried: I'll have to lurk on my iphone, but I hate typing on that thing. I will catch up on the weekend though:thumbsup2

Wow! :scared1: Sounds like you do have a busy couple of weeks planned. You're right - it's going to speed by in no time flat with a schedule like that! :faint:

What is with Marriott? C'mon, even McD's has free Wi-Fi these days! ::yes::

Hope you enjoy the time with your son. Talk to you soon! :goodvibes

Haha, we had a similar library book situation. I actually paid for the missing book, then 6 months later I was clearing the shelf of books to donate to the library, and yup there it was. So I paid for it , and donated it back:confused3

I've lost track of the books we've done that with. Once, when the kids were little, I went on a cleaning frenzy and accidentally packed a library book in a box of books I was rotating out. :rolleyes: Only once, though... so far. :rolleyes1

This seems to be happening on every PTR I'm currently reading. We all get close, then something happens to throw a wrench into things.

Ack! Don't be saying that -- last I knew, you were reading my PTR, and you'll jinx me! :p

And of course we aren't begging for trouble by when we're going anyhow, let's not be silly. ;)

So, I won't be on much, the hotel in DC doesn't have free Wifi, and it's a Marriott, come on Marriott, get with the times:worried: I'll have to lurk on my iphone, but I hate typing on that thing.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Double thumbs up for keeping busy before you go (I thought I was good at that, but I'm realizing I'm not in your league!), and for the hating to type on a phone. Hubby got me this wide clunky phone I hate on the theory that I'd text to him; has yet to happen. Although I have noticed that, when we're traveling, sometimes texts go through when regular calls don't -- but I'm not about to admit that when he's around. :ssst: And, although it's not as bad as some phones, I cuss out the GPS every time I have to enter something in it; I should keep a stylus in the car for that thing, I swear.

Hope the weekend went well with your son. Look forward to catching up!

Subbing! I'm a big lurker, too, and I admit... you DID catch me with the title! :lmao:

I bought different ones....as soon as I have them in my hands I'll post pics on my PTR. I hate not having a Disney store in our area!

I'll have to get over there and check it out!

Double thumbs up for keeping busy before you go (I thought I was good at that, but I'm realizing I'm not in your league!), and for the hating to type on a phone. Hubby got me this wide clunky phone I hate on the theory that I'd text to him; has yet to happen. Although I have noticed that, when we're traveling, sometimes texts go through when regular calls don't -- but I'm not about to admit that when he's around. :ssst: And, although it's not as bad as some phones, I cuss out the GPS every time I have to enter something in it; I should keep a stylus in the car for that thing, I swear.

Come on, with all those kids you have, you have got to be busy:thumbsup2 I don't know what I will do when I don't have all their stuff to be involved in!! I'll have to plan more Disney trips;)

Hope the weekend went well with your son. Look forward to catching up!
The time with DS17 was great, schools were just ok according to him, we all fell in love with Boston, so that has first billing.

Subbing! I'm a big lurker, too, and I admit... you DID catch me with the title! :lmao:
Welcome aboard:cheer2: I love when lurkers out themselves! :cheer2: I see you've got quite the teen set yourself!

So, as you see, I've survived DC and the rest of the weekend. I don't have much Disney stuff to report except that I am 19 days away!!!

And a sincere thanks to you all for not letting me slip to page 9, whilst I was away.

DC was great, I love the Georgetown area, and we did find Georgetown Cupcakes, which were absolutely fantastic, though a bit small. We bought a half dozen, one for each of us for dessert, one for each of us for breakfast, and one for each DH and DS14. I am sorely disappointed to report that they melted before we got back to the hotel, so they looked absolutely disgusting and unphotographable. All this after I admitted to DS17 about my upcoming cupcake report, and that I was planning to photograph these and report about them. He thinks there is something wrong with me.

Anyways, we got home around 3:45 on Friday, and DS14 had a football game at 4, so I dropped my bags and ran out the door to watch him. We got home around 6:45 and had an adult night dinner at the pool we belong to at 7p. Needless to say, we were late, I was stressed, and in need of a relaxing adult night out with some drinks and good friends. Well, I got exactly that, and thanks to my kids for supplying the entertainment that had us laughing all weekend long. I swear since I started writing this PTR, the most bizarre things go on in my house to write about. I'm going to post this in a separate post since I don't want to lose what I've already typed as I'm using an old, unpredictable computer, but mostly because it really needs it's own post.

So, Friday night we are at the pool we belong to, with several of our friends, having dinner and some much needed drinks. Both DSs are out at various friends houses, but DS17 makes sure to pick up little bro and be home by 11.

At 11:15, I get a call from DS17 saying the following: "Mom, you're going to think I'm on drugs right now, but I cr@p you not, there are two squirrels in our kitchen":scared:. Apparently DS14 came out of the bathroom that's located in our kitchen, and a squirrel ran past his feet:faint: He ran out of the kitchen, closed the door (thankfully) and reported to DS17. Now both boys are apparently watching through the kitchen door (glass french door type), and both squirrels are staring back. I hear DS14 say "let's go all rambo on them, and ambush them with a blanket" NOOOOO, I yell into the phone, don't attack the squirrels, they might bite. Then I hear "holy xxxx, one just fell from the ceiling". I tell them that one of them needs to go into the kitchen and open the sliding glass door so they have a way out. This conversation goes on for 22 minutes, and still neither of them will go open the sliding door. DS14 decides this is getting boring and goes to play on his computer, abandoning DS17 with this ordeal. My BFF says she wants to put her shoes on and go to my house and do it herself, as this is getting painful to listen to.

I finally shout "one of you needs to grow (something undislike), and get in there and open the door to let them out" finally, DS17 goes all the way around the house(I was imagining him encountering a skunk on his way:lmao:, but thank goodness not)to open the door from the outside. He is terrified to open the door because both squirrels are right at the door watching him. Finally he flings the door open and runs. He only sees one leave the house. He goes back inside and lets the dog in the kitchen figuring he'll scare it outside, but no, the dog just walks right through the sliding glass door and goes outside to the bathroom. DS has finally had enough and tells me he's going to bed. We came home about 30 min later and the back door is wide open, but no squirrels are found. Surprisingly, there was no damage either. We aren't entirely sure how they got in the house, though we suspect the fireplace or basement window (small tear in the screen).

So, poor DS17 is a lifeguard at the pool, and had to work Saturday night, so of course, our friends changed his name on the board to "squirrel killer", and kept making squirrel faces at him all night, a story he won't soon live down.

I"ve started reading more PTR's and I have to say, Yes, you definately grabbed me with that title! It totally sounds like me trying to convince my family to travel to WDW. Looking forward to reading about your plans!

I"ve started reading more PTR's and I have to say, Yes, you definately grabbed me with that title! It totally sounds like me trying to convince my family to travel to WDW. Looking forward to reading about your plans!

Welcome aboardpixiedust:

We're 18 days out from our trip and I'm the only one excited!! The kids just roll their eyes at me, and DH tries to humor me. Eh, whatever, I'm getting to go, and they'll be fine once they are there:thumbsup2

18 days to go:cool1:

So, I dropped my baby off at the bus today for his first day of high school:( Actually felt a little weepy, didn't expect that!!! He seemed a little nervous, awkwardly looked at me as if he thought I might ask for a kiss (right there in front of everyone:lmao:, no way), grabbed his stuff, was about to close the door, looked back and said he loved me::yes::

Feeling very old today, how do I have kids this old?

Anyways, moving onto trip related stuff.

DH got his flights to the UK confirmed and he will be leaving from Orlando, which means I will cancel his flight home with us. I guess I'll have to do something about that today. I'll need to call Magic express too, so he gets his boarding passes printed and can check his luggage when we leave.

I got my shirts and minnie ears for the halloween party yesterday:banana:

I started packing. I brought one of the suitcases down and just started dumping things in, just so they'll be in a common spot for when I'm officially packing. I have most of the toiletries packed. I dug out some of my shirts. I'll have to take some photos and post them. Nothing spectacular, but I like visuals.

I also keep toying with getting hoppers. I generally don't need or want them, but I can think of two occasions where we might use them. I'll wait til next week to decide that, since I'll find out about DHs uncle next wednesday, and DH will need to make a decision if he's calling his friend. Part of me says don't get the hoppers, since it will make me rush to get stuff done so I can hop to another park (one reason I don't like them, besides the added expense). I'll just wait til next Thursday since I will know all by then, and will work out the final plan and decide if we really need them.

I'm definitely not going to on-line check in. I've been reading about how it's harder to get your rooms together if you do it this way, so I'll just go up to the counter with MIL and talk with someone. We don't need to be right next to each other, but at least near each other. Last trip we had a door between our rooms which was convenient when we were going to the parks early in the morning, so FIL wasn't outside shouting into our room(he's hard of hearing and has no idea how loud he is sometimes:confused3)

The last two times I did on-line check in, I didn't get any of my requests, and it didn't speed anything along either, so I'm not seeing the value of it. Of course this time there will be no line at on-line check in, and 30 ppl in the regular line.

It's unfortunate you didn't get to photograph the cupcakes. :( I have the visual in mind, though, of them all melted. :crazy2: My question is this ... did DS and DH go ahead and eat them? :teeth: My hubby would have! :laughing:

Squirrels? Seriously? :rotfl: LOL!! :lmao: Oh. My. I don't even know what to say to that! :rotfl2:

We've decided against online check-in as well. I've been reading reports of absolutely having to put a CC number in, and we didn't want to put one on our KTTW card ... so they'd have to remove it once we got there ... therefore requiring them to redo everything. Not worth it for us.

Kids grow up so fast, don't they? :hug: We don't have any, but watching our nieces/nephews all grow like weeds over the years ... it's just amazing how fast the time goes by.

I lost it at "squirrels..." :rotfl2:

I'm interested to see what you decide to do regarding the park-hoppers. We've always gotten park-hoppers, but I started questioning whether or not we want to add the extra cost onto our trip this time. I think I'll end up keeping the PH if they come out with FD for our travel dates... but if not, then I don't really see any reason to keep them. Then again, I want to be able to go to another park if we feel like it. Ugh- not an easy decision! :headache:

Come on, with all those kids you have, you have got to be busy:thumbsup2

IMHO, kids are like cats -- if you have a bunch of them about the same age, they keep each other entertained. :) Course, this also means that they tend to get into a lot more trouble when younger... :scared1:

I don't know what I will do when I don't have all their stuff to be involved in!! I'll have to plan more Disney trips;)

:rotfl: I always managed to keep myself entertained before we had kids (mostly wasn't working, and eldest was conceived on our fifth anniversary), and that was without planning Disney trips.

Actually I have plans for Disney trips well into the 2020s -- various birthdays and anniversaries in particular. :rolleyes1 At this rate, by the time I have much fewer kids underfoot, I'll still have to find other stuff to do. :p

All this after I admitted to DS17 about my upcoming cupcake report, and that I was planning to photograph these and report about them. He thinks there is something wrong with me.

My DS17 thinks there's something wrong with all of us on a right regular basis. :rolleyes: It's interesting what a conformist streak boys that age have -- they're not conforming to home family standards, but they're definitely worried about conforming!

At 11:15, I get a call from DS17 saying the following: "Mom, you're going to think I'm on drugs right now, but I cr@p you not, there are two squirrels in our kitchen":scared:.

:rotfl2:

This sounds like the time hubby tried to scare the racoons off the front porch and we ended up with one behind my desk in the living room (how do you scare a racoon into running past you through a narrow doorway? :confused3 ). Except hubby coped a bit better. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter