• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All the makings of a disaster… I’m bringing two reluctant teens and the in-laws!!

It's almost here!!!:banana::banana:

Well, now I'm almost down to my single digits:goodvibes

Now that I know DH isn't going to call his friend, I've been tweaking my final plans and eliminating some extra ADRs I had hanging around, so I will begin posting my final plans. The beginning of my trip will be the same whether or not MIL/FIL come with us, except I won't do any ADRs by myself, I'll just stick with counter service.

DAY 1
So, on Sunday, the 23rd, three of us will drive to philadelphia for our 11:15 flight on Southwest (if by some chance in-laws don't go, I will have DH drive me)

We'll arrive at MCO at 1:45, and take ME to POR. I hope to be checked in by 3:30, drop our stuff off, probably hit up the food court to get our mugs, then off to Epcot.

The first thing I do when I get to Epcot is spaceship earth, so I can email a pic to myself;). We'll check out soaring wait time, then probably go our separate ways, though I don't really care if they want to tag along for a bit. I would ideally like to get to Germany to see Snow white. I believe she is there around 5:30, and possibly 7:30, though I'll confirm this with wdwent before I go. I'd also like to see some other World showcase entertainment, like off kilter, and whatever else catches my fancy. I'll want to wander the countries by myself for a bit, probably get a gran marnier slushie:cool1:

We're not going to do an ADR this night. I was originally planning Biergarten, but figured we don't have a lot of time in Epcot this night, and the in-laws will already be over on their credits, so I'm thinking maybe Mexico for some tacos right before Illuminations, along with a margarita:smokin:(edited to add, I've now added Biergarten back in due to some extra credits, so Biergarten at 6p, but there will still be a margarita and illuminations in my future) I'm not sure in-laws will make it to the fireworks, as it's the season premier of House, and that's MILs favorite show, plus they'll be tired from the travel day. Somewhere in here I'll have to fit a cupcake, either from Caramel Kuche, or Sunshine seasons.

DAY 2
Monday, the 24th. Magic kingdom daypixiedust:
I want to get there for rope drop, nothing like the opening show to get me in the mood:lovestruc This is the day I have all the fastpasses from fastpass plus, since my family isn't with me this day. I got some extra for MIL to add to her group, but I'm not sure how this all works out, if there is one card, or will we get separate passes for each thing, or if I can even use the extra ones.

I'll check out some Main Street entertainment, the trolley show, Dapper dans, get some sorcerers cards, etc. I will have a fastpass to meet Mickey and Minnie sometime between 9 and 10:hyper: I'll get a cinnamon bun from the bakery:faint:, then mosey on over to adventureland and hit up Pirates, splash (with my fastpass:thumbsup2), I'll also have peter pan and haunted mansion fastpasses, and I'll probably go on small world. I've never done Hall of presidents, so I'll try that. I also want to meet the fairy Godmother, so I'll check the times for that. Then I'll probably head out to have lunch at AoA and have a looksee. I want to be back for the 3p Parade, I have a fastpass for the viewing area for this, not sure if I need it or not. I also have one for the princess meet/greet and Buzz lightyear. I want to see Dream along with Mickey at 4:15, then I'll probably wander the shops on main street, til I take the boat over to Narcoossees to meet the in-laws for our 5:30 ADR. If they don't come on the trip, I'll take the monorail over to the Poly for some CS. Then I'll head back in for Main Street Electrical Parade (have fastpasses for this) and Wishes. I would like to hang around for the kiss goodnight, but I'll see how tired I am.

With the addition of the fastpass plus, I probably have more rides than I would have originally added, but if I find I'm rushing around, I'll just skip a few. I'm not expecting the park to be crowded, so I don't know if the fastpasses will indeed save time, I'm sure some will (like peter pan, always a wait there)

I want to get there for rope drop, nothing like the opening show to get me in the mood:lovestruc

I love the opening show, I wish they still did them at the other parks (such as they were :p ).

I'm not expecting the park to be crowded, so I don't know if the fastpasses will indeed save time, I'm sure some will (like peter pan, always a wait there)

I would think the parade ones would, too, although I have also heard that the worst waiting time for the parades is on Main Street, and you can wait much longer if watching it from Liberty Square or Frontierland. All the horror stories I've heard about people squeezing in at the last minute or fighting over parade spaces, I'm liking the idea of being able to get a fastpass for that a lot. :)

Finally caught up, and just in time! I'm excited to hear the rest! The squirrels had me actually LOLing!

Oh my word, I was literally laughing out loud at the squirrels! My co-workers must think I'm nuts!

I love the opening show, I wish they still did them at the other parks (such as they were :p ).

I used to enjoy the one at Animal kingdom too, the one at DHS was always so crowded and everyone was jockeying for their spot to run for TSM, that I could give or take that one

I would think the parade ones would, too, although I have also heard that the worst waiting time for the parades is on Main Street, and you can wait much longer if watching it from Liberty Square or Frontierland. All the horror stories I've heard about people squeezing in at the last minute or fighting over parade spaces, I'm liking the idea of being able to get a fastpass for that a lot. :)

I've watched the parades from frontierland, but it just doesn't feel the same, so I'm curious to see how this is going to work out with the fastpass. I've had those scenarios lots of times with people squeezing in last minute, and it's extremely irritating after I've been waiting for 45min or so:scared:

Subscribing, just in time! ;)

Welcome to the partypirate: Lucky you, you got to miss the long drawn out babble and get right to the good stuff:thumbsup2

Finally caught up, and just in time! I'm excited to hear the rest! The squirrels had me actually LOLing! I'm excited to hear the rest too:rotfl2:

Oh my word, I was literally laughing out loud at the squirrels! My co-workers must think I'm nuts! :rotfl:Ah yes, stay tuned, as there's usually something spastic going on. Odd happenings just seem to find us, or maybe I'm just looking for them:confused3

Day 3 next...

*finally caught up*

Can't believe you got picked for FP+! So excited to hear how this works out.

Your first two days plans look great. Hope you know soon if MIL/FIL will be going.

So bummed that you arrive the day after we leave. :sad1: Would love to have crossed paths with you. ::yes::

So, on this morning I'm planning to be at the bus by 8am so I can get there before park opening. I'll still be solo this day.

I want to ride TSM, then get a fastpass for later, mainly so I can practice before the men get there. Those boys play a lot of video games and are some tough competition:sad2:.

My next goal is to do the Phineas and Furb meet and greet so I can text a photo to the boys with a gitchi gitchi goo, baby I love you attached. I'll just imagine that they'll be some eye rolling on the other end of the text:rolleyes2

I also want to do the little mermaid, great movie ride, animation academy (I absolutely love doing this, if you've never done it, make time in your next trip). I want to see Beauty and the beast, maybe Muppets though I know I'll definitely be doing this with the guys. I want to have lunch at Starring rolls so I can get one of those giant red velvet cupcakes.

I want to see American Idol and the Pixar parade. After the parade I'll hop a bus to Animal kingdom lodge to meet up with the in laws for our 4:30 Boma reservation. I'm very excited for this res, and I'm dying to try a Zebra dome (before they get rid of them like Cape May did to the Oreo BonBons) After dinner I'll probably wander around the lodge to check it out for future trips, then I'll hop a bus to DTD and do some shopping. I'm not sure what the in-laws will do, they might want to go back to DHS to see Fantasmic. When I'm done at DTD, I'll take the boat back to POR and wait for the men to arrive, probably around 10:30ish. I see that Tangled is playing at the outdoor movie at the resort, so if I get back in time, I might just mosey on over for that.

I haven't heard from MIL yet about her brother, I'm assuming she just hasn't heard yet and will know today.

My next goal is to do the Phineas and Furb meet and greet so I can text a photo to the boys with a gitchi gitchi goo, baby I love you attached. I'll just imagine that they'll be some eye rolling on the other end of the text

You're an evil mom. Just like me! :thumbsup2

I haven't heard from MIL yet about her brother, I'm assuming she just hasn't heard yet and will know today.

Fingers crossed for good news with your inlaws. :goodvibes

*finally caught up*

Can't believe you got picked for FP+! So excited to hear how this works out.

Your first two days plans look great. Hope you know soon if MIL/FIL will be going.

So bummed that you arrive the day after we leave. :sad1: Would love to have crossed paths with you. ::yes::

Pretty excited about the FP+:goodvibes Aww, that would have been awesome to meet up, and you're staying right next door:thumbsup2 And you'd be easy to spot with that that boot.

You're an evil mom. Just like me! :thumbsup2

Fingers crossed for good news with your inlaws. :goodvibes

Muah ahh ahh ahh ahh:stir:. For all the aggravation they cause, I gotta get my kicks when I can.

Gonna give MIL a call soon to see if they've heard anything yetpixiedust:

Well, not even two days later, and I already made a change to day 1. I just added Biergarten back in at 6p. It seems that I was going to have three credits left over, since DH and I can't make the coral reef res before MNSSHP, and I was already going to have one left anyway, so I planned this meal back in. MIL will be short 4 credits total now, but I figure breakfast at CP, and our lunch last day should take care of that.

I did hear back about her brother. It does seem that they saw a spot on Monday:(. He doesn't meet with the Dr. until this coming Monday, then I believe he's going to go for a second opinion. Not sure how serious, or what the plan of action will be, but it sounds like MIL will still go on the trip as nothing major is expected to be happening yet during that week. I guess we won't know for certain until he has his second opinion scheduled. I'll plan for her coming with us, like I've been doing. I think she'll really need the trip anyways, as I'm sure she'll be very busy with him when she returns. Very sad, he and his wife are just as sweet and adorable as MIL/FIL.

Magic kingdom day with all of us:crowded:

We will be going to Crystal Palace for an 8:05 ADR:cool1:. I plan to get some photos on main street along the way of course. I'm dying to try the Pooh's puffed french toast, and I just love these characters.

After that, whatever they all want to do is fine with me. I suspect the boys will want space mountain first (I'll skip this, so maybe I'll mosey on over to adventureland to get fp for splash mt), then buzz. Then I'm guessing we'll head over to adventureland for some pirates, junglecruise, thunder mtn. Then probably fantasyland by way of Haunted mansion.

I'm hoping Magic kingdom won't have any crowds on this day since it's the only day that there isn't a parade (with the exception of the two halloween parties). We'll go for maximum rides today. In the afternoon, we'll either head back to resort for a nap/swim, or head into carousel of progress for that. Kids might want to stay, which would be great.

In the evening, we have a res at Whispering Canyon at 6:15p. I've mentioned before that I'm not at all excited about this one, but FIL requested it, so I'm sure it will be ok. I've looked at the menu and there's stuff I'll eat, but nothing that "wows" me. Then we'll head back into MK and see Wishes and I'm sure the kids will try to squeeze in any rides they can.

Yay for single digits!!!!

We LOVE going to CP before the park opens....such a lovely way to start the day.

So sorry to hear of the test results coming back positive. :hug: Definitely a good idea to have a second opinion.

Won't be posting much more since we leave tomorrow and I'll be without internet access. Hope the rest of your planning goes smoothly and time flies by for you but crawls for me! :lmao:

Take care and TTYL! :wave2:

In the evening, we have a res at Whispering Canyon at 6:15p. I've mentioned before that I'm not at all excited about this one, but FIL requested it, so I'm sure it will be ok. I've looked at the menu and there's stuff I'll eat, but nothing that "wows" me.

I have a theory that half the reason some people get so wowed by some WDW food is that they go hard all day, so by the time the food shows up, they're starving. If so, then swimming a few lengths of the pool before you go might improve the food quality. ;)

Hoping everything works out well with the in-laws, and that, at the very least, MIL gets a good vacation in and is well-rested when she's called on to help. :goodvibes

Yay for single digits!!!!

We LOVE going to CP before the park opens....such a lovely way to start the day.

Very much looking forward to this! Wow, You're leaving tomorrow:cool1: Very exciting!

So sorry to hear of the test results coming back positive. :hug: Definitely a good idea to have a second opinion.

Won't be posting much more since we leave tomorrow and I'll be without internet access. Hope the rest of your planning goes smoothly and time flies by for you but crawls for me! :lmao:

Take care and TTYL! :wave2:

Hope you're having a great trip!

I have a theory that half the reason some people get so wowed by some WDW food is that they go hard all day, so by the time the food shows up, they're starving. If so, then swimming a few lengths of the pool before you go might improve the food quality. ;)

Hoping everything works out well with the in-laws, and that, at the very least, MIL gets a good vacation in and is well-rested when she's called on to help. :goodvibes

Yeah, I think you're right about the food thing:rolleyes1 And not for nothing, everything tastes better in Disney:goodvibes

and I'm still changing stuff:confused3

Yeah, I just keep flip flopping around that Biergarten res on our first night. Now I'm back to cancelling it. I was adding it because DH and I won't be able to attend our Coral reef res on Friday due to race packet pickup and MNSSHP, so we were going to have those two credits left over, but I just found a Liberty tree tavern res for two of us at 4:30 on party day, so we're using the credits again. I'm just "eh" about this res too, but I like that there are some salad and veggies in there, throw in some mashed potatoes and gravy and I"ll be just fine.

Anyways, back to day 4, that Magic kingdom day we are all together....I've mentioned several times about that Whispering canyon res not exciting me, and then yesterday I read on the restaurant board that they are changing the menu starting this Wednesday and there will no longer be a la carte items at dinner, just the skillet:sad2:. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. And I heard the salad will no longer be provided with the skillet...it will be considered a starter.. WHAT???? I know there are a couple of things on the skillet I will eat, but I'm just bloated thinking about it:crazy2: Well, maybe I'll just have to stop by roaring forks for a cupcake to make myself feel better:rolleyes:

Also, I wanted to report that I got my fastpas plus cards in the mail. They are like a credit card with our names on the back. I set MIL/FIL up with identical things, then I set up DH and DS14 with identical things and will give those to MIL to use, so MIL/FIL have 8 fastpasses each (two cards each). I set myself up separately, and DS17 separately, so I have 8 different fastpasses to use(2 cards also). If it seems like it's too much, I'll just skip some stuff.

Moving onto DAY 5, Thursday, Hollywood studios day with all of us.

So, obviously on this morning we need to get up and out early in order to ride TSM and get a fastpass for later. There will be some star wars, TOT, aerosmith, Muppets 3D, and whatever else they all want to do. For lunch, I was thinking we'd probably split up to get food from Starring rolls and Fairfax. We might fit in a rest somewhere if DH needs it, whether it's in a show or back at the room. We have a Cape May res at 5:20 this day. After dinner, I'm not sure what we will do. We can wander around the boardwalk area, or head to DTD, or back into DHS for Fantasmic.

and I'm still changing stuff:confused3

Yeah, I just keep flip flopping around that Biergarten res on our first night. Now I'm back to cancelling it. I was adding it because DH and I won't be able to attend our Coral reef res on Friday due to race packet pickup and MNSSHP, so we were going to have those two credits left over, but I just found a Liberty tree tavern res for two of us at 4:30 on party day, so we're using the credits again. I'm just "eh" about this res too, but I like that there are some salad and veggies in there, throw in some mashed potatoes and gravy and I"ll be just fine.

Anyways, back to day 4, that Magic kingdom day we are all together....I've mentioned several times about that Whispering canyon res not exciting me, and then yesterday I read on the restaurant board that they are changing the menu starting this Wednesday and there will no longer be a la carte items at dinner, just the skillet:sad2:. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. And I heard the salad will no longer be provided with the skillet...it will be considered a starter.. WHAT???? I know there are a couple of things on the skillet I will eat, but I'm just bloated thinking about it:crazy2: Well, maybe I'll just have to stop by roaring forks for a cupcake to make myself feel better:rolleyes:

Also, I wanted to report that I got my fastpas plus cards in the mail. They are like a credit card with our names on the back. I set MIL/FIL up with identical things, then I set up DH and DS14 with identical things and will give those to MIL to use, so MIL/FIL have 8 fastpasses each (two cards each). I set myself up separately, and DS17 separately, so I have 8 different fastpasses to use(2 cards also). If it seems like it's too much, I'll just skip some stuff.

Moving onto DAY 5, Thursday, Hollywood studios day with all of us.

So, obviously on this morning we need to get up and out early in order to ride TSM and get a fastpass for later. There will be some star wars, TOT, aerosmith, Muppets 3D, and whatever else they all want to do. For lunch, I was thinking we'd probably split up to get food from Starring rolls and Fairfax. We might fit in a rest somewhere if DH needs it, whether it's in a show or back at the room. We have a Cape May res at 5:20 this day. After dinner, I'm not sure what we will do. We can wander around the boardwalk area, or head to DTD, or back into DHS for Fantasmic.

I actually just made another big change:confused3

This morning I managed to get Cape May cafe on Saturday night(I've been trying to do this for weeks) so I am able to move coral reef, and switch my day 5 and 6 around.

So now it goes like this:
Day 5 will now be our Epcot day together.

We will get there around rope drop, but not manditory. Do everything in futureworld that they want to do, have lunch at Coral reef at noon, move into the countries, and do some food/wine sampling during the "soft" opening. I know DH would love to go into that wine cellar in Italy, I'll have to do some research on that now since I didn't think we'd get to it and don't have much info and of course we'll stay for Illuminations.

I'm extremely happy with the new plan as it takes some pressure off of Day 6, coming up

This day was going to be very stressful trying to do food/wine, packet pickup for the race, dinner and the halloween party.

Now it's going to be our DHS day. I think DH and I can be done with this park early.

It has early EMH, so we'll be there for 8a, do TSM and get a fastpass for later. There will be some star wars, TOT, aerosmith, Muppets 3D, and whatever else they all want to do. I just added a lunch res at 50's primetime at 12:20, but I'm going to try to switch that to Sci fi, since that's new for everyone but me and DS14. I do like 50s, so if I can't change it, I'm fine with this.

After lunch, I'm going to leave DHS, hopefully by 2-2:30, and if DH wants to go back to rest, he can come with me (although I might try to catch an all-stars bus to connect to WWOS, if that comes first). I'll leave him at POR while I go to WWOS to get the packets, then back to POR to drop them off and get DH, and change into my halloween garb. I would like to leave POR by 5 so we can be at the Dwarves by 6p. I'm assuming kids and in-laws will stay at DHS for a while, then kids will head to Disney Quest, and I'm not sure what in-laws will do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter