All Star Music FAQ thread and tips

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by cstooge462, Aug 26, 2007.

1. dancin Disney style

dancin Disney style <font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa

I have no idea what you would want to request. That's a personal choice. I usually only request the building theme that I want to be in ie: Jazz or Broadway. When we book a preferred room I will request a non pool facing room.

You might want a room that is close to the parking lot (if you have a car) or you might want a quiet location. Maybe a certain floor in the building.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. susanrose73

susanrose73 Mouseketeer

Can anyone help with my following 2 questions, please?

1. Do any of the standard rooms have king size beds?

2. What would be the quietest area I should request, still being somewhat near the main building?

Thank you in advance for any help. :goodvibes

4. dancin Disney style

1. yes, there are a few.

2. the quietest place I have found is at the back of any building right near the parking lot, 2nd or 3rd floor.

The quietest room we have every had was in Jazz, 3rd floor, last room at the end of the walkway(parking lot end). We felt like we were the only people there. The closer you get to the elevator, vending machines or pools the more noise you will have. I think the fact that we were the last room made an enormous difference as no ever walked past. Also, the room beside us was a suite and that door was not beside ours.

5. Eeyore's My Favorite

Eeyore's My Favorite EW Disney Mom

I've used online check in the last 2 times we've gone & I won't use it again because of the preassignments. Neither time have we gotten what we paid for or requested. This last time was a POP & the treatment from the supervisor was so bad that I wrote WDW & got a written reply & a telephone call regarding my issues & what happened. The room location was not what we had paid for so I went back down & asked for it to be changed. Hotel wasn't packed so I couldn't understand her issues. I told the Rep that I won't use online check in again if that's whats going to continue to happen.

6. chloesmommy

chloesmommy Earning My Ears

Is there a diagram of the resort showing where the family suites are located?

7. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

They're in the first 2 buildings on each side

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards

8. dancin Disney style

ALL the family suites are located in the Calypso and Jazz buildings.

9. crusoe2

crusoe2 DIS Veteran

When I read the above post, I googled pictures of the family suites and found some that show several changes - new upholstery for all the furniture, different chairs at the table, different paint scheme, etc. It doesn't look like the suites have gotten a total refurb - more like they've been freshened up (very nicely too). Does anyone know if all the family suites have received this treatment?

10. stindall

stindall Congress Tart

Thinking of switching here instead of Art of Animation. It'll save me about $100 if I do!

11. alecshawn

alecshawn WDW Fanatic

IMHO, Music is the best value resort. It seems less "busy" and is more relaxed. It has the best landscaping and the best pool. I cant say anything negative about it. We love it.

12. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

Can anyone tell me if the rooms have a DVD player with the TV? TIA.

13. angwill

angwill I just want to live at WDW!

Nope

14. BlovesC

BlovesC home is where the Yeti is!

Our stay at ASMu is coming up in just over a week. It's our first value stay ever! I'm a little nervous about it, but excited! :yay:

15. Sparkly

Sparkly Starlight, starbright...

We're considering 2 nights here in Feb. Is it too late to book for the 13-14?

16. disneydiva16

disneydiva16 DIS Veteran

I stayed at AoA in September (Little Mermaid section) and the whole resort was just so CRAZY busy. Granted, it could have been because that section just opened, but it was just too busy for me. I have never stayed at ASMu and am looking forward to trying it here:)

17. stindall

stindall Congress Tart

I want to try something new and the shower looked so fun in the Little Mermaid room but I could use the extra money for my flight. I'm betting it'll stay fairly busy for a while. Plus ASMu is supposed to be smaller and quieter! Now if only I could get off hold with Disney (an hour and counting) I could make the switch!

I think the front of this thread needs to be updated with resort info like others! (eta I'm working on it!)

18. disneydiva16

disneydiva16 DIS Veteran

The shower is great!:goodvibes But you will be walking quite a distance to get to the food court and back again. Sometimes we drove. LOL:laughing:

19. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

Hi Robin!! :wave2: I booked my December trip afterall!!

20. stindall

stindall Congress Tart

Well I finally got through and was able to change my resort so I won't have to worry about that! :goodvibes

21. disneydiva16

disneydiva16 DIS Veteran

Whew!!! lol