Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

All the rooms have a hair dryer and a small refrigerator. There are no coffee makers in the rooms, nor can they be requested.

All rooms have hair dryers and fridges. Coffee makers are not available in the rooms, but coffee is available in the food court.

Ok, Thank you.
That's odd. Most hotels don't have fidges in the rooms but do have coffee pots.
I don't want coffee, but want the hot water for oatmeal and my herbal tea and a fridge for my juice and water.

Ok, Thank you.
I don't want coffee, but want the hot water for oatmeal and my herbal tea and a fridge for my juice and water.

I believe you can get hot water at the beverage area of the food court.

Ok, Thank you.

Regular rooms at Disney value resorts such as All-Star Movies don't include coffee makers. Suites at value resorts (At Art of Animation and All-Star Music) do include coffee makers.

Disney's moderate resorts and above do include coffee makers in all the rooms.

Disney started adding refrigerators to the value rooms within the last few years. Previously they weren't included.

I believe you can get hot water at the beverage area of the food court.

That's correct. You can get hot water in the food court for free.

This may have been answered and I overlooked it,I was wondering if All Star Movies or any of the Value resorts have the new mug design yet?....

Yes they have the new mugs but during our trip a few weeks ago they didn't have any purple tops when we bought ours. A few days later they had tons of purple but no red.

Yes they have the new mugs but during our trip a few weeks ago they didn't have any purple tops when we bought ours. A few days later they had tons of purple but no red.

When we were there all they had was teal, black, and pink tops/handles.

When we were there all they had was teal, black, and pink tops/handles.

In February 2014 the pool scene with the teal (blue), black, and pink colors was replaced with a new hotel scene and red, yellow, blue, and purple colors.

DSC_0824.jpg

So since it's only DH and myself this year we definitely want a King Room, I have 2 questions.
1. Since I booked through Orbitz can I still call the resort a week in advance to request this room or do I need to go through Orbitz to do this?
2. Are King Rooms only located on the bottom floors or is there a chance we can get 3rd floor away from hustle and bustle of traffic?
Thanks to all of you experts on here!
:)

I can answer part 2 -

2. Are King Rooms only located on the bottom floors or is there a chance we can get 3rd floor away from hustle and bustle of traffic?
Thanks to all of you experts on here!
:)

I had a room with a king bed on the third floor in one of the Mighty Duck buildings.

Keep in mind that most, if not all, of the rooms in the All Stars with king beds, have roll-in showers, not tubs. Some people don't like those, and all the water that gets on the floor, but I just used a towel to wipe up the floor when I was done.

I can answer part 2 -

I had a room with a king bed on the third floor in one of the Mighty Duck buildings.

Keep in mind that most, if not all, of the rooms in the All Stars with king beds, have roll-in showers, not tubs. Some people don't like those, and all the water that gets on the floor, but I just used a towel to wipe up the floor when I was done.

Thanks!
I have seen the pics of the showers and we are fine with that, we don't take tub baths on vacation anyway. Glad to know we can possibly get top floor!

DH and I had a standard King room on the second or third floor in the Mighty Ducks section last Sept. It had a regular tub.

We did not book a king we were assigned it because it was just the 2 of us.

Is there any chance that wifi has been added to the rooms or is it still land line only? I was just wondering since they encourage you to do so much online now with the My Disney Experience site and app. I was thinking of bringing our laptop so we can review our plans and what not each night for the following day while in our room and give our phones a chance to charge. I just want to make sure if this is something I do that I have the cord necessary and budget the fees associated with using the internet. Thank you in advance

Is there any chance that wifi has been added to the rooms or is it still land line only? I was just wondering since they encourage you to do so much online now with the My Disney Experience site and app. I was thinking of bringing our laptop so we can review our plans and what not each night for the following day while in our room and give our phones a chance to charge. I just want to make sure if this is something I do that I have the cord necessary and budget the fees associated with using the internet. Thank you in advance

Complimentary wifi is now available across all of WDW, in the parks and at the resorts.

Any chance you can answer another question? What exactly is the difference between a regular room and a preferred room? Is it worth the $10 a night price difference?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter