Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

So I'm sorry if this is a repeat question but I just want to clarify.. If I don't spend another $10 per night for a preferred room then we will have a standard room. And the only standard rooms are herbie & mighty ducks?? Is that right?? My kids have no clue who they are but I REALLY don't want to spend another $80 just for a better themed room... Ugh

I know I've read that there is a microwave to use in the food court, but somehow I missed it last fall when we stayed. Can anyone tell me what area of the food court it's in? Can't believe I could've missed it. Thanks!

When we were there in September there were 2 microwaves...one near the bar closer to the pool area door, one back behind the ice cream area. Hope that makes sense!

So I'm sorry if this is a repeat question but I just want to clarify.. If I don't spend another $10 per night for a preferred room then we will have a standard room. And the only standard rooms are herbie & mighty ducks?? Is that right?? My kids have no clue who they are but I REALLY don't want to spend another $80 just for a better themed room... Ugh ��

To me that money is more than worth it to get closer to the main building and the theming,but that is just me.

We're staying at the All-Star Movies at the end of June and I'm not sure what I should put as my "preference" for when I do the online check-in. I'm thinking of doing Mighty Ducks because it is closest to All-Star Music, but should we be doing rooms at Toy Story or Fantasia instead if they are preferred? We're bringing my niece & nephew along, too, so themeing is definitely playing a part in our decision, but walking distance to the bus/quick service area is also a big deal!

We're staying at the All-Star Movies at the end of June and I'm not sure what I should put as my "preference" for when I do the online check-in. I'm thinking of doing Mighty Ducks because it is closest to All-Star Music, but should we be doing rooms at Toy Story or Fantasia instead if they are preferred? We're bringing my niece & nephew along, too, so themeing is definitely playing a part in our decision, but walking distance to the bus/quick service area is also a big deal!

If you're going preferred, go for Toy Story building 10! It's nice and quiet. Not near a pool, but close enough to get to it. I just stayed in TS 10 last week and loved the location.

If you reserved a standard room, then yes I'd choose Mighty Ducks because it's so close to Music too. (Love Bug is the other choice for standard rooms.)

If you're paying for preferred, then I'd also recommend Toy Story as above.

So this is my second time planning a Disney trip, last was in 2010 and we were in a moderate resort with less choices.

We are in ASM for November and got the reservation through a former student of mine who is now a Cast Member. They only had preferred rooms available for this resort, but as she did the reservation herself I am not sure what she put for a preference.

Should I call now to insure the preference is Toy Story (bldg. 10 if it gets that specific)? I don't see a way to check it online in my Disney experience. Should I wait until closer to the trip to call and request? In the past I have not had to make any requests of this nature so I'm not sure of the timing on it.

Should I call now to insure the preference is Toy Story (bldg. 10 if it gets that specific)? I don't see a way to check it online in my Disney experience. Should I wait until closer to the trip to call and request? In the past I have not had to make any requests of this nature so I'm not sure of the timing on it.

You can call to add your section or building request if you want, or you if you're able to use online check-in, you'll be able to select Toy Story as a section request at that time. Online check-in is available at 60 days prior to arrival.

Dont know why staying close to the All Star Music would be a preference, but can tell you I just got back from a week at the All-Star Movies (Herbie, Love Bug). It was at most a 5 minute walk to the pool, and dining building. Just a minute or 2 past that to catch the shuttles to the different parks.

My sister was staying across at the Fantasia themed building, and both our rooms where 100% identical. No difference in color or theme. Both has a border consisting of Mighty Ducks, Fantasia, Herbie, 101 Dalmations logos.

I was glad to be just far enough away from the pool, because I passed by a few times, and it was loaded with screaming teens on their school trips.

Dont know why staying close to the All Star Music would be a preference.

If they're not in a Preferred room it's better to be in some parts of Mighty Ducks because it's closer to Music's food court and bus stop than Herbie is to Movies food court and bus stop.

Sports food court remodel was last year. Music remodel is this year. Do you think that Movies will be next year? Plan on booking bounceback in Sept for next year (hoping they offer it) and may have to consider a different resort if the food court is closed.

I'm a little confused, are refrigerators in every room or must they be requested and do they come at an additional cost? I asked via the chat on the Disney site and the CM assured me repeatedly that every room of every Disney resort came with a refrigerator, even All Star Movies, but I see on the initial informational post of this thread it is at a charge and must be requested. Does anyone know the current cost of a refrigerator?

rKrispyt said:
I'm a little confused, are refrigerators in every room or must they be requested and do they come at an additional cost? I asked via the chat on the Disney site and the CM assured me repeatedly that every room of every Disney resort came with a refrigerator, even All Star Movies, but I see on the initial informational post of this thread it is at a charge and must be requested. Does anyone know the current cost of a refrigerator?

They added fridges to all resort rooms a couple yrs ago. So it is now included in the cost of the room. The first page was posted in 2004 at that time it was a fee. I know at pop it was $15 when they did charge. Glad its included now.

They added fridges to all resort rooms a couple yrs ago. So it is now included in the cost of the room. The first page was posted in 2004 at that time it was a fee. I know at pop it was $15 when they did charge. Glad its included now.

There was also an issue where the existing refrigerators were recalled, so during that time many rooms didn't have refrigerators, and if you needed one for medical needs you could request one. But at this point I believe all the recalled refrigerators have been replaced.

Does anyone know the June movie schedule?

Here's a link to the full activities listings as a PDF, including the movie schedule.

Sports food court remodel was last year. Music remodel is this year. Do you think that Movies will be next year? Plan on booking bounceback in Sept for next year (hoping they offer it) and may have to consider a different resort if the food court is closed.

Good question -- I found the Movies food court to be significantly different than the (old) Sports and current Music food courts, so I wonder if it's due for a refurb next year, and if so, how extensive it would be.

There was also an issue where the existing refrigerators were recalled, so during that time many rooms didn't have refrigerators, and if you needed one for medical needs you could request one. But at this point I believe all the recalled refrigerators have been replaced.

Thank you both so much! :)

Hi! I booked today for Nov. 15-22 and we are staying at ASMovies. We have only been once before and stayed at POP and wanted to stay there again but they had no more rooms let for the free dining promotion so we decided to stay here. It is me, my DH, DD14 and DD10 and we can't wait to go back to WDW so we aren't really too picky about where we stay. We are also traveling with another family and we all love Disney movies so we are sure we will love the theme of this resort. I am going to try to do all the research I can so that we are familiar with this resort before we go.
We have a standard room booked so which building should we ask for to be close to transportation/food court?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter