• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Are the bedspreads still the heavy one's or are they converted to the plain white covers with a runner like some of the other resorts are starting to do?

No more bedspreads at any of the WDW resorts. They have all gone to the triple sheeting with a runner.

I'm thinking of staying here in September...Also what's the best location to request. I know its not guaranteed but I think I'd like to request either Fantasia or Toy Story for the theming.

Did you book a preferred room? Both Fantasia and Toy Story are preferred sections. Fantasia would be "the best" in terms of proximity to the main pool, food court, and buses, but I'd pick Toy Story myself.

If you booked a standard room your section options are Love Bug or Mighty Ducks. I stayed in Mighty Ducks and I liked it due to the closeness to All-Star Music buses, food court, and main pool.

(I've read that some parts of Toy Story may be considered standard rooms, but I am not sure if that is still the case.)

No I have not booked yet but we will not be picking a preferred room rate. I am going to send in the request for which building we'd like to be in and hope we get it. I know its not guaranteed. Thanks for the suggestions. I've heard that the Mighty Duck can be a good spot because of the location to ASMusic.

Did you book a preferred room? Both Fantasia and Toy Story are preferred sections. Fantasia would be "the best" in terms of proximity to the main pool, food court, and buses, but I'd pick Toy Story myself.

If you booked a standard room your section options are Love Bug or Mighty Ducks. I stayed in Mighty Ducks and I liked it due to the closeness to All-Star Music buses, food court, and main pool.

(I've read that some parts of Toy Story may be considered standard rooms, but I am not sure if that is still the case.)

With an 11am check out and a 8:50 pm flight, is there a place to store luggage if we choose to go play at a park? Does it matter if we are using MDE or a Mears car service? TIA

Mike

With an 11am check out and a 8:50 pm flight, is there a place to store luggage if we choose to go play at a park? Does it matter if we are using MDE or a Mears car service? TIA

Mike

You have 2 options.

You can check your bags in for your flight with the Resort Airline Check in desk if your airline participates (most major carriers do). The next time you'll see your bags is at your home airport luggage claim so make sure there's nothing in there you need. If you go this route, you can leave your carry on bags with Luggage Services. You do NOT need to be using ME for this option.

You can leave all your luggage with Luggage Services. You will get a claim ticket when you drop it off. Then when you get back you can grab all your bags.

Do the All Stars have any way to take you to your room with your luggage upon check in? We wouldn't be getting in until 1:30am or so... :-/

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Do the All Stars have any way to take you to your room with your luggage upon check in? We wouldn't be getting in until 1:30am or so... :-/

The values don't have Bell Services, the have Luggage Services which is a bit different. It isn't the personalized service like Bell Services. When you check in, you could check your bags with the Bell Captain and head to your room. They will bring your bags to your room for you, but in my experience it might not be for an hour or so. Although, at that time of night you may get lucky.

About how long does it take to get to each of the parks via bus from ASMo?

Hey guys,

I'm staying here with my girlfriend in September and we got the standard room. Is there anyway to ensure we get one king size bed?

Hey guys,

I'm staying here with my girlfriend in September and we got the standard room. Is there anyway to ensure we get one king size bed?

There's no way to ensure that. King rooms are only a request. Your best bet is to make that your only room request.

Ok, thanks for your help!

Where should i make this request, when i do my online check in?

The best way to make a room request is still to call and have the request added to your reservation. There is a section for room requests during online check in but they are predetermined and very limited, king is not one of them. You can call anytime from the day your make your reservation until 4-5 days prior to your arrival. The room assigner gets the reservations 2-3 days prior.

If we want to stay in a toy story building should we book a preferred room or is there a chance we'll get it if we book standard and request the particular building?

With the most recent room discount offer being released and ASMo not being included in a room discount should I take that as a sneak peek at whats to come....we are staying the end of Sept into October and if ASMo is usually left out of deals/discounts I may change resorts
At this point I don't know what to do....maybe I am just stressing to soon:worried:
What do you think??:confused:....

If we want to stay in a toy story building should we book a preferred room or is there a chance we'll get it if we book standard and request the particular building?

If you want Toy Story, you should book preferred. I suppose there's a chance you could get assigned there if you book standard, but if you really want it you have a better chance by booking preferred.

With the most recent room discount offer being released and ASMo not being included in a room discount should I take that as a sneak peek at whats to come....we are staying the end of Sept into October and if ASMo is usually left out of deals/discounts I may change resorts
At this point I don't know what to do....maybe I am just stressing to soon:worried:
What do you think??:confused:....

Yes, All-Star Movies does tend to be excluded from special offers, or have a smaller percentage off room discounts, because it tends to be more popular and so they don't need to offer incentives.

If you've already booked ASMo, I'd say just keep it until/if discounts for your time frame are released and see what's available. There's no urgency to do anything now.

So the OP says that there are safes in all the rooms, but other things you have to ask for.

So to be clear, I have to ask for hair dryers, coffee makers and refrigerators?

:confused3

So the OP says that there are safes in all the rooms, but other things you have to ask for.

So to be clear, I have to ask for hair dryers, coffee makers and refrigerators?

All the rooms have a hair dryer and a small refrigerator. There are no coffee makers in the rooms, nor can they be requested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter