All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

This time tomorrow evening we should be there. We don't stay on site, but we enjoy every minute of our vacation. Doing the Hoop-de-doo review on Thursday evening. Our first Disney dinner show.

OMG....someone from here is there right now.... :cheer2:

Its awesome to read the posts on this board...warms my heart to think how happy Disney makes people feel!! After all, you only live once and if Disney can put smiles on people's faces, life's worth living :o) (oh gees, doesn't that sound like a Hallmark Greeting card lol)

Seriously though...I look forward to all positive and exciting posts. Have a great vacation you guys!

I am Paula and I have lived in PEI for the last 19 years but my heart will always be in Pictou County. My extended family and inlaws live there. Spent many summers lazing at The Merb. I really miss Pictou County pizza (Sam's, Ted's and Acropole). I am sure that anyone originally from the county who has moved away can relate.

I am somewhat of a Disney nut, always planning my next vacation. I had been down 5 times as a teenager (only MK then) and have taken my DH, DD17, DD14 and DS4 3 times. Our last trip was Dec 11/2008 to Jan 11/2009. Oh yeah, and we always drive, Actually, I do all the driving as DH thinks the traffic is too busy.

We are hoping to get back in Dec 2011 for another month.

Paula

We are hoping to get back in Dec 2011 for another month.

Paula

A month!!! Lucky stiff!

Nice to see all the Islanders on here too....though I'm in the Annapolis Valley I was actually born in Summerside and lived in Travellers Rest for a short time (military dad) and spent a week nearly every summer with a cousin in Stanley Bridge.

By the way spring is officially here....got my first burn in the orchard today....getting a good start on this year's Farmers Tan :)

I'm Jen from Cape Breton! My DH & I love Disney! We try to go at least once a year (I would love to go more- but money always seems to be an issue- lol) We are heading to Florida in 12 days, it will be my DS(6.5 months) first visit!! Can't wait!

As for the school board giving the 2 weeks off at the end of Feb. I am pretty sure the CBVRSB is considering it. I am a teacher, so I would love to have 2 weeks off in February!

Hi, I'm Tina from Charlottetown. I think my username says it all, I am a Disney Freak (or Disney obsessed...). Single, but I have a huge family. In about a month, I'll be very depressed as three of my sisters (2 with their families, the other single) will be heading to Orlando. It's been my dream to go with my family, and they never want to travel when I can. "March Break is too busy, it's too cold... Summer's too hot"... etc. So now three of them are travelling without me! It's been tough to help them plan, as they keep coming to me to ask questions. Oh well, what can I do?

Welcome Jen from another Cape Bretoner! I'm in Halifax now but my parents still live down home.

We are leaving in 7 days for a Wonder cruise followed by Disney World. Staying at Saratoga Springs this year with our friends.

Hope you have a great trip!

I'm Jen from Cape Breton! My DH & I love Disney! We try to go at least once a year (I would love to go more- but money always seems to be an issue- lol) We are heading to Florida in 12 days, it will be my DS(6.5 months) first visit!! Can't wait!

As for the school board giving the 2 weeks off at the end of Feb. I am pretty sure the CBVRSB is considering it. I am a teacher, so I would love to have 2 weeks off in February!

We certainly can't complain about the weather this wekend, can we???:cool1: Don't know about the rest of you, but I am taking great delight in the fact that I can wear shorts on Easter Sunday in Halifax and again in Nov... in WDW!

Hope you are all enjoying the holiday in ways that make you and your families most happy.

We certainly can't complain about the weather this wekend, can we???:cool1: Don't know about the rest of you, but I am taking great delight in the fact that I can wear shorts on Easter Sunday in Halifax and again in Nov... in WDW!

Hope you are all enjoying the holiday in ways that make you and your families most happy.

We'll be there at about the same time! I'm hoping to pull together some kind of Dis-meet while we're down there!

We'll be there at about the same time! I'm hoping to pull together some kind of Dis-meet while we're down there!

Hi there, looks like we'll be arriving a day later than you. I'm Vicki from Shediac, New Brunswick and since my first official on-site honeymoon trip last year, we're hooked. So we're heading back this year for our 1st year anniversary.

Oh my heavens! There is an Atlantic thread and I'm only finding it NOW? Never mind the fact that I'm not the most overly active poster outside of the Creative board.

I'm Tara from Halifax! I'll be 27 until the end of next month (at which time I celebrate my Third Anniversary of being 25!), and I have one adorable - and slightly hyper - seven year old little boy.

Even when I was a little girl, I used to dream of Disney. The family across the street from me had grandparents who lived RIGHT outside of the World; and they would all traipse down there for two weeks every single year! So I grew up watching Disney home movies, and planning my own trip.

And did I EVER plan! 27 whole years of it :rotfl:My boy and I took our first trip to Disney (and both of our first trips EVER) last September with my then 18 year old sister. I'm a compulsive planner, which paid off, since we got to do every single things we wanted with little to no waits.

My boy and I are getting all booked up and reserved for another trip this September - I got all my dining reservations DONE and got everything I wanted....now I just have to actually book the trip itself :goodvibes Which I'll be doing tomorrow evening after work!!

Erugh - sorry for the rant!!! It's just so exciting to see people in Atlantic Canada who actually LOVE DISNEY! I swear, no one I've ever met face to face can stand to listen to me talk about it for more then five minutes...so I've been deprived!

Going to San Antonio TX in may :goodvibes DH just suggested that we make a detour and stop in WDW for a few days. :cool1: Keep your fingers crossed that it's not just talk and actually going to happen.
Going to be flying out of Bangor. $1100 price difference between Delta and Air Canada.

Disney_Mama:

That's what I'm doing .... Driving from Halifax to Bangor May 22, then next day to Portland to fly to MCO (may 23). 1 week at ALLstars ... then its from MCO to DFW (through Houston) (may 30) ... 8 nights in Abilene ... then its DFW to PWM (June 7). Drive home on June 8th.

I would love to join this thread even though I technically don't live in Atlantic Canada any more.

I was born and raised in Halifax as was my wife and our daughter was 2 when we moved to the US. I am still a Maritimer at heart and we make the drive back to Dartmouth every year, this year for Natal Day.

We are heading back to WDW in December, booked at Saratoga right now but am going to try Beach Club at the 7 month mark. We just booked a 4 day on the Dream in August 2011 and are going to do 3-4 days at WDW around that trip as well.

Going to San Antonio TX in may :goodvibes DH just suggested that we make a detour and stop in WDW for a few days. :cool1: Keep your fingers crossed that it's not just talk and actually going to happen.
Going to be flying out of Bangor. $1100 price difference between Delta and Air Canada.

AirTran also has good deals, some times cheaper than the other airlines. If you haven't already booked that is. :)

I booked Airtran from PWM to MCO for less than $400 .. $336 plus taxes and fees for 4 people (one way)

I used Continental for MCO to DFW and DFW to PWM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter