All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

John here from Riverview. I'm the certified Disney junkie of the family...hard to believe I never wanted to go at all before 2007 - now I've been there 5 times since.

Just got back from our 1st solo trip back in January - so unsure when the wife will want to go back again.

DD is going to be 16 in may and DS will be 15 in November.

We'll probably consider another family vacation away from Disney next time - but if the deal is right and the airfare not too expensive....you never know :thumbsup2

Seems to be a real Pictou connection here on the Dis! My great -aunt has a cottage in Caribou River, as does my hubby's god father....plus my uncle lives in Pictou.

John - we try and do a non Disney family vacation every second year. Hubby isn't a Disney person or we'd be there every year if it were up to me! Other wise he stays home and I take the girls to go play :)

Great thread. We live in Pictou County as well. My DW and I are raising our DS 14 and DD11 to be Disney lovers...people usually roll their eyes when we say we are going AGAIN, but we all enjoy Disney so much:goodvibes....even had fun during the 10 straight days of record rainfall last May. We have gone every spring since 2005....BUT NOT THIS YEAR!! It's quite devastating!:sad2:

We are actually hoping for free dining in August. Our DS does not want to miss school time, now that he is in high school. We usually stay at a Value resort, because we spend so little time in our room, but this year we may try CSR.

Hoping for some cheap flights out of Halifax:laughing:..but we are not holding our breath. We are debating the drive to Portland.

On a side note, Melmerby Beach in Pictou County is the one you all need to visit. DW and kids spend most days there in the summer. Decent sand and big sandbars when the tide is low. That is why we love to go to Disney, rather than the beach, when we go to Florida. We already visit a fabulous beach on most nice summer days...only a 15 minute drive from our house!:)

Nice to hear from all you Atlantic Canadian DISers!

Hi, we are a family of five, me , DH, DD(15), DD(14), and DS(11). I went to WDW for the first time in 1999 and have been hooked ever since. We began taking our children in 2003. We have spent the last six Christmas/New Years breaks at Fort Wilderness in our travel trailer. Yes we are that obsessed that we tow 30 plus hours each was to spend three weeks at the happiest place on earth. DH and I are planning on spending five days solo at the end of April at WDW to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and my graduation from UNB with my Bach. of Nursing degree.
We always enjoy reading the experiences of other Disers and are happy to hear from fellow Atlantic Canadians that share our love of the Mouse.

. . . even had fun during the 10 straight days of record rainfall last May.

OMG! That's when we went!! Orlando had flash flooding .... we did have fun but I was devastated , after having planned that trip for over a year (and paying for 4 people by myself). I got SOOO sick on my last two days after spending 5 days soaking wet and in airconditioned restaurants.

Anyways, it's funny to know that other maritimers were there at that same week.

I live in Pictou County too!!!!! We are going to the WL on Apr. 24 to May 1 !!Then on to the POP for 3 nights! This is the 1st split stay we have done! My family has 5 members. DH, me, DD 21, DD 16 and DS 10. Also DD's cousin 20 is travelling with us! We are getting more excited every day!:goodvibes My DH is not a big traveler but loves disney as much as me! My kids love it too! Its great for DD 16 as she is in a wheelchair and can take part too!!!!:thumbsup2

Wishing everyone a wonderful vacation!:wizard:

2011 Canada Winter Games break

Just curious,

Have any Nova Scotia Disers (outside of Halifax) contacted their local school board rep requesting they reconsider giving the 2 week break in Feb (instead of 1 week in March) to ALL school boards, not just Halifax? :confused3

Just curious,

Have any Nova Scotia Disers (outside of Halifax) contacted their local school board rep requesting they reconsider giving the 2 week break in Feb (instead of 1 week in March) to ALL school boards, not just Halifax? :confused3

The Annapolis Valley Board did poll the schools and I believe the PTA's and SAC's about it because there would be some overlap here because some of our venues would be used and possibly some from here would be more able to volunteer. I know they didn't receive enough support for it so they decided to stay with the regular break.

I know a big issue for some families would have been child care for that extra week. Regular March Break is tough enough and costly enough for some families that doubling it would hurt. Plus I know a lot of parents weren't too sold on the idea of a shortend Christmas Break.

Wheezynm - We have one more sleep then 12 days in hopefully sunny weather. I bet you are counting the days as well. I'll tell Mickey to expect a wild crowd from NS. Just kidding.

Thanks Dennise! 1 more sleep, that is exciting.:cool1: It is forecasting 23 and sun for tomorrow and the ten day forecast shows tomorrow as the lowest temp., it is up to 28 by the weekend and sun right through til next week and then some showers for Mon & Tues but still warm. So I think you picked the right time to go. It was nice seeing you last weekend. Have a great trip and can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

Hi all! We live in Dieppe. Been to Disney World the past 2 Decembers. Each time we come home saying we won't go back for a cpl years, cpl months later Im planning our next vacation. We have hopes to go back this September (so not even a year!). Usually we drive and then fly out of portland. But it is such a long drive with a 4 and 5 year old (they were even younger the first vacation!). I do enjoy the shopping and such, but makes for such a long trip. So fingers crossed that we find a cheap airfare out of Moncton. We live less than a 3 min drive fromthe airport. I keep teasing the kids that next time we will just walk to the airport to leave for Disney. ;)
I am a stay at home Mom, and we don't smoke, drink, or do anything much really. Disney is our addiction. ;)
I'm ready for some warm weather... snow is almost gone here... Every day I wish I was in Florida. Sigh.:lovestruc

Hello from Fredericton. Wife and I have been to WDW twice so far, April 2007 for 10 days and December 2009 for 12 days. I can say that i am much more addicted then the wife, so it's hard to convince her to do on another trip anytime soon :( boo for me.

Just on a side note, in December 2009, wife took 11,700 photos in our 12 days at WDW and i took about 25h of HD video footage.

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to ask/write.

Hi all!!:wave2: I'm Barb and I'm from Cape Breton. We just got back last week and I'm still in my post-vacation depression :(. Yesterday, my husband looked up the dates and gave me a countdown for next year so the planning begins again!! We have been to Disney seven times since 2004 and we absolutely love it. We have two children, 23 and 20. Currently they are both in university but one will be graduating in May. They are also huge Disney addicts. Since we had to go on March break, they couldn't come with us this year so it was a couples only trip which was very nice! We stayed at POFQ and loved it. We have also stayed at Pop, POR, CBR, and AKL. I would love to try all resorts but the deluxe prices are really over the top, especially when you add our airfare. I agree that the Halifax prices are too high, but we don't have a lot of options. It is a 12 hour drive to go to Maine and that is a lot of time, especially for winter driving.

Next year we will likely go in February so hopefully, it won't be as busy as it was this year. We have done March break a few times and it has never been as busy as it was this year. We were fine because, of course, we had a plan, lol, but there were many frustrated families waiting in long lineups. I love the disboards and I have learned so many tips and tricks. Now to start planning...hmmmm....where should we stay?? :rotfl:

Hi all!!:wave2: I'm Barb and I'm from Cape Breton. We just got back last week and I'm still in my post-vacation depression :(. Yesterday, my husband looked up the dates and gave me a countdown for next year so the planning begins again!! We have been to Disney seven times since 2004 and we absolutely love it. We have two children, 23 and 20. Currently they are both in university but one will be graduating in May. They are also huge Disney addicts. Since we had to go on March break, they couldn't come with us this year so it was a couples only trip which was very nice! We stayed at POFQ and loved it. We have also stayed at Pop, POR, CBR, and AKL. I would love to try all resorts but the deluxe prices are really over the top, especially when you add our airfare. I agree that the Halifax prices are too high, but we don't have a lot of options. It is a 12 hour drive to go to Maine and that is a lot of time, especially for winter driving.

Next year we will likely go in February so hopefully, it won't be as busy as it was this year. We have done March break a few times and it has never been as busy as it was this year. We were fine because, of course, we had a plan, lol, but there were many frustrated families waiting in long lineups. I love the disboards and I have learned so many tips and tricks. Now to start planning...hmmmm....where should we stay?? :rotfl:

You get me very excited just reading your post. :) Doesn't matter how many times, I get palpatations just thinking about going again. We do All Star Movies and LOVE IT! We have 2 small children (4 and 5) and it's SO Disney. They just loved the Toy Story section the first year, and Herbie Love Bug Section last Dec. This year we are just doing whatever is closest. It's all good. They would like 101 Dalmations though.
We thought about some moderate resorts, but we are so firmiliar with ASmo that it's like our 2nd home. So we are going to stick with that until the kids outgrow it and want something different.
We can't wait to go alone, but I can't imagine going without the kids. That being said, at this age, we do everything with them. We love doing things with them. :)

Just curious,

I haven't with Strait School Board. I don't think they'd listen anyway. After they said they weren't extending for 2 weeks, I chose to book in May 2011 instead and just pull DD from school. She's small, it won't hurt. :)

This time tomorrow evening we should be there. We don't stay on site, but we enjoy every minute of our vacation. Doing the Hoop-de-doo review on Thursday evening. Our first Disney dinner show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter