Alaska Cruise for us DISers on RCCL Jewel of the Seas 6/12-19/2015 (Official Thread)

After a long day of travel and sightseeing in Seattle, we are in our room. We are staying at the Mediterranean inn. The market was amazing. I loved riding the Disney-Esque monorail. Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow.

Today's the day!! Its a bit overcast this morning. We are catching a limo to the dock at 11:30 am, hope to be on board shortly after noon. Lets get this thing going!

Today's the day!! Its a bit overcast this morning. We are catching a limo to the dock at 11:30 am, hope to be on board shortly after noon. Lets get this thing going!

Yeah it's about 60 degrees right now but it will be around 70 when the ship leaves this afternoon.

Hope everyone is enjoying themselves! How's the condition of the Jewel? She's due for drydock and the "Oasis" style upgrades sometime in the next year ...

What an awesome cruise!!!!

Jewel is in great shape. Some minor issues (internet sucks) but other than that it is a great ship.

For those not following me on twitter (why the heck not by the way - @JohnMagi) - we raised $17,200 for Give Kids the World!!

So proud of our community.

We get back late tomorrow night.

WOW Great job on the money raised. Can you give some of sitting at home an idea on what the auction items were.

Thanks

Like John noted, we found the Jewel in great shape. Its apparently well cared for. I didn't buy the internet package but know of several that did and they all had the same comment that John did. Apparently the wifi only works in some areas, which doesn't include the staterooms.

It was a great time and was great to see this group come together to raise the amount that it did. Laura and I really enjoyed meeting all of those we did and look forward to the next time. Nothing better then DISer to hang out with for seven days. Thanks goes out to John, Kevin, Pete, and especially Tracey for all the hard work putting this together for us, you guys are wonderful!

Richard

Here is a crazy request -- When you are reviewing your pictures from the trip can you look to see if you took a picture of the ship in Skagway. I am trying to find a picture that shows the steep angle of the gangway from deck 5 to the the dock. If you happen to find a picture where the gangway is visible even in the background can you contact me.

The trip was great. Michael and I really enjoyed seeing old friends and making some new friends.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!

Here is a crazy request -- When you are reviewing your pictures from the trip can you look to see if you took a picture of the ship in Skagway. I am trying to find a picture that shows the steep angle of the gangway from deck 5 to the the dock. If you happen to find a picture where the gangway is visible even in the background can you contact me.

The trip was great. Michael and I really enjoyed seeing old friends and making some new friends.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!

I actually do have one showing the gangway in Skagway, but it was taken after our excursion, so it wasn't steep then. I don't have any from earlier in the day, but we came back on shortly before you got off and it was crazy!

It was great sailing with both of you again! :)

When you are reviewing your pictures from the trip can you look to see if you took a picture of the ship in Skagway. I am trying to find a picture that shows the steep angle of the gangway from deck 5 to the the dock. If you happen to find a picture where the gangway is visible even in the background can you contact me.
Just checked my pictures but unfortunately don't have one showing the gangway.

We had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones, winning the slot tournament also helps. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter