Alaska Cruise for us DISers on RCCL Jewel of the Seas 6/12-19/2015 (Official Thread)

One week from now, first morning in Seattle.

Wonder where one gets a good cup of coffee in that town?

:rolleyes1

One week from now, first morning in Seattle.

Wonder where one gets a good cup of coffee in that town?

:rolleyes1

There seems to be Starbucks every where in this town. Go figure :coffee:. For those who don't care for Starbucks (Pete, etc) we also have Seattle.s Best, Tully's, Dunkin Donuts, Peet's and a few other places.

I'm really hoping I can get a photo of Pete outside of the original Starbucks, though I acknowledge I might have to use Photoshop to "get" the photo.

Tomorrow is our last day with students, Monday is the last day of school officially... Hubs and I will be going out to a drag bar to celebrate. Woohoo!

Then comes the frantic packing and leaving out of MCO on Wednesday morning!

I think this may have been discussed in the PCC6 thread, but I'm too lazy to scroll thru all those pages....what alcohol package would you recommend?

I think this may have been discussed in the PCC6 thread, but I'm too lazy to scroll thru all those pages....what alcohol package would you recommend?
It kind of depends on your drinking preferences/proclivities, and to a lesser extent the type of cabin you have.

If you're in a suite (above mini-suite level) you'll get a bottle of wine in your room and will have access to the concierge lounge where you can get drinks at certain times of day. In that case, buying an alcohol package might work against you as you'd really, really have to drink a lot at other times to make it pay off for you. So, suite passengers, especially those that aren't big drinkers, should probably just buy their drinks separately.

Those in other cabins (the majority) again need to think about how much they will normally drink on vacation. Divide the cost of the drink package by 7 days to figure out what you're paying per day and then think about how much you might drink in a day. Will you drink 5 drinks in a day? Every day? Even on port days? How about 3 drinks a day? Divide the cost per day by the number of drinks you'll realistically expect to consume in a day and see how that works out on a cost per drink basis. On board ship you'll find drinks to be priced anywhere from $5 to $15 (for real specialty drinks).

The forecast high for the first several days of the cruise is in the mid-50's to upper 60's. I'm leaning toward the hot beverage package.

Thanks for the link Jack. That looks very interesting and should be a spectacular place for pictures.

The Magic and Wonder had Chihuly sculptures in the atrium. I thought they were removed in a refit but am not sure. Chihuly's sculptures are spectacular at night but it looks like sunrise and sunset times in Seattle will preclude seeing them at that time. That takes some of the disappointment out of not doing the through the lens tour. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

When we were in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago there was a Chihuly exhibit at the Bellagio.

Reactions: jcb
The chandeliers in the atriums on both the Magic and Wonder were created by Dale Chihuly. The original chandelier on the Magic was, however, taken out when it went in for its refurb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter