Alaska Cruise for us DISers on RCCL Jewel of the Seas 6/12-19/2015 (Official Thread)

Getting really close. Val & I leave tomorrow for some pre-nights in Seattle. Excited. :Pinkbounc

Brenda, Renee, & I leave Wednesday morning for our own Seattle adventure before the cruise. :hippie::drinking::woohoo: We're staying at the Crowne Plaza

Last edited:

Checked in for our flights. Bags all packed except for the last-minute electronics stuff. Woo Hoo.

We get in late Wednesday night, also at the Inn at the Market.

Safe travels everyone!

Save travels to everyone this week. Temps were in the 80s today and over the weekend. Forecast is for the 80s again tomorrow and around the low to mid 70s the rest of the week.

Last edited:
Last minute shopping needs. Does anyone know if I can bring flax seed from Whole Foods Market on the ship?

Hello all,

Has anyone gone to Butchart Gardens on their own? Looking for recommendations for transportation or should we just book the ship excursion?

Alicia

Hello all,

Has anyone gone to Butchart Gardens on their own? Looking for recommendations for transportation or should we just book the ship excursion?

Alicia

First, do what Tracey says. But if you don't, when I first visited Victoria, we rented a car and drove to the Butchart Gardens. We were not with a cruise line, but with a clipper from Seattle which let us off within easy walking distance from downtown. Cruise ships dock a little ways outside of downtown. I wouldn't mind walking the distance (and may) to downtown but I don't know your situation or how feasible that might be. If you drive, be aware that they use (or at least used to) speed cameras.

But as I said, you'll have a more relaxed time doing what Tracey said.

We are enjoying our pre-cruise days in Seattle so much!!! What an incredible city.

Our hotel is located in the perfect location.

I am most impressed by the food. So far every meal has been incredible.

See you all tomorrow!!!!

Have you thrown or caught a fish yet?

Spaceweather.com says there may be auroras on the 12th. Might beat Chihuly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter