AKV CL PTR/TR - taking practically first timers -TR starts on P. 17 (completed)

I think our low in the house today was 66, so not yet, but it should drop a little this evening.

We love when our house is about this temperature! That's about what our outside temp is, well I guess it gets down to about 50 at night.....

This is funny, I would choose January over September ANY DAY!! We can't stand the humidty that you folks put up with over there and find it absolutely stifiling (sp?). Since it never really gets cold where we live and I'm not a big pool person, I'm OK with having to put on a jacket occasionally.

Silly thing is that my trips this next year are Jan-Feb and Sept-Oct! :lmao:

The humidity is dreadful, no doubt about it. I guess I'm semi used to it, and on vacation I like hot rather than cold. I really don't like cold.

Oooohhh, what are your Sept-October plans? Doing the F & W?

We love when our house is about this temperature! That's about what our outside temp is, well I guess it gets down to about 50 at night.....

66 is amazing... At night it drops to 62, but warms up during the day.

Outside today the high was 45 and the low tonight is 32....

66 is amazing... At night it drops to 62, but warms up during the day.

Outside today the high was 45 and the low tonight is 32....

Love our daytime temps, but it was 28 when I got up this morning. Even with the heat set at 64 it came on! BLECH!

i slept fine last under the down comforter but the heat came on this morning... It was 58 inside the house.

Thanks again for your patience everybody. I'm sorry it's been so long between updates on this TR.

WDWSeptember2012834.jpg

I left off with us riding Winnie the Pooh and mom wanting to ride the train. From the above picture it was around 8:00. Sadly we never made it on the train this trip. I will have to make that up to her. The reason we got distracted is that R saw the teapcups right around the corner from Pooh and he really wanted to ride.

WDWSeptember2012837.jpg

Mom will not ride this ride usually because I like to spin and she gets sick so I jumped at this chance. R and I rode together and Mom and M rode together. At one point I looked over to Mom and M and they were having a nice calm ride whereas R and I were spinning until we could spin no more. I was so dizzy I can’t even tell you!

R then saw the Tomorrowland Speedway and wanted to ride. The last time I rode this was 23 years ago on our first trip and had no need to go again. Well neither did mom who sat it out. I figured I’d go with them just to experience it and I will be fine with waiting another 23 years. It was less than exhilarating. Definitely made for kids who I’m sure enjoy it very much. The pedal was so hard to push down my leg hurt at the end of it. I think we probably waited 15 minutes to get on, our longest of the day.

WDWSeptember2012842.jpg

After our ride we collected mom and R and M wanted to do Space Mountain again which was another walk-on. Mom and I sat it out, I was a little woozy from everything we’d already done and we’d done a lot! We ended up staying in Tomorrowland for the fireworks. I thought it was a perfect location, we had a seat and no crowds around us. Later on I discovered mom was a bit disappointed we didn’t watch them from in front of the castle, she thinks it’s more magical with the castle as a backdrop. Oh well, live and learn. I’d rather have a seat, she’d rather have a view. Right before the fireworks started R went to go find some popcorn, it was only 8:50 but all the concession stands had closed down. He was quite bummed he didn’t get any popcorn. Remember this for tomorrow’s drama.

After the fireworks we made our way out of the park. I suggested we walk through the shops since it’s usually less hectic that way. Not so that night. The throngs had come in to shop along with us. There were a few times we all got separated which stressed me to no end. No way to hear phones and with everyone moving no one was where we last saw them. We finally made it out with the group intact and I had decided I wanted that picture from Splash Mountain so I went to the Chamber of Commerce to see if they’d know where I could get my picture. I find all the CMs throwing pens at something. It ended up being a gorgeous, and huge, sphinx. I rescued it from the pen throwers and released it outside only for it to fly right back in. I think it liked all the lights in there. It had flown behind a roped off area and when I went to rescue it again the CM immediately opened the rope and let me back there. They just wanted it out of their building. This time I took it far enough away in some bushes around a lamp. Good deed done for the day. I’m a huge animal lover and couldn’t stomach the idea of them killing it.

They directed us across the way to the photo place where I stood in line for what felt like ages until I found out this place was only for photopass, not ride photos. Those you have to get at the actual ride. Ugh! I had 24 hours to collect it before it was deleted from their system, so if I wanted it tomorrow I could come back and get it. I found mom and M enjoying some rocking chairs and R had slipped off for a smoke break. Finally we were homeward bound. Thankfully there was a bus waiting at the bus stop and I can only wonder if it was the last bus for the night since it was 10:00. The driver waited for a bit longer for any more stragglers and we made it to the resort at 10:30. We went straight to the Zawadi Marketplace to grab some movies, we got National Treasure and R & M got Pirates 3. We took advantage of the free movies this trip, and it was so nice that we could take out two at a time so R & M could always get one too. Then down to the Mara to pick up some dinner which we ate in the room while watching the movie. I failed on food pictures, sorry guys. We had a delicious corn flat bread, fries, and mac/cheese. I think we lasted until midnight before I turned off the movie. We had not finished it but could last no longer.

Even with the drama around lunchtime it was a fabulous day. Except for the trainride we got to see and do everything we wanted at MK. This finally wraps up day 3.

I am back and all caught up.

Thank you :) This was the first time I'd seen the Halloween decorations and just loved them. My Disneyland trip next year will be right in the middle of the season so I'll be able to partake in all the festivities. Looking forward to that. Oh, the Christmas decorations are so beautiful.

Halloween time at Disneyland is amazing. There is a good chance that we will be at WDW during Halloween time next year, but I am worried that I will be disappointed after experiencing it at Disneyland.

All the money that is thrown in the water rides and any other water features at WDW is collected by cast members on a regularly basis and any money collected is donated to Give Kids The World.

I was amazed how much you managed to fit in.

Corinna

Day 4:

We had a 10:00 breakfast reservation at Boma. Mom woke up early and enjoyed the pool for a few hours, I slept in until 8:30 and then did some journaling before meeting everybody down at the restaurant.

I took pictures of every single thing, sorry if this is overload but I figured it might help somebody. I only had my phone so some of them are blurry.

WDWSeptember2012078.jpg

WDWSeptember2012077.jpg

WDWSeptember2012080.jpg

WDWSeptember2012079.jpg

WDWSeptember2012082.jpg

WDWSeptember2012081.jpg

WDWSeptember2012084.jpg

WDWSeptember2012083.jpg

WDWSeptember2012086.jpg

WDWSeptember2012085.jpg

WDWSeptember2012087.jpg

WDWSeptember2012088.jpg

WDWSeptember2012089.jpg

WDWSeptember2012090.jpg

WDWSeptember2012092.jpg

WDWSeptember2012091.jpg

WDWSeptember2012096.jpg

WDWSeptember2012095.jpg

WDWSeptember2012094.jpg

WDWSeptember2012093.jpg

WDWSeptember2012098.jpg

WDWSeptember2012097.jpg

WDWSeptember2012099.jpg

WDWSeptember2012101.jpg

WDWSeptember2012100.jpg

WDWSeptember2012103.jpg

WDWSeptember2012102.jpg

WDWSeptember2012105.jpg

WDWSeptember2012104.jpg

WDWSeptember2012107.jpg

WDWSeptember2012106.jpg

WDWSeptember2012112.jpg

WDWSeptember2012109.jpg

WDWSeptember2012111.jpg

WDWSeptember2012110.jpg

WDWSeptember2012114.jpg

WDWSeptember2012113.jpg

WDWSeptember2012116.jpg

WDWSeptember2012115.jpg

WDWSeptember2012118.jpg

WDWSeptember2012117.jpg

WDWSeptember2012120.jpg

WDWSeptember2012119.jpg

WDWSeptember2012121.jpg

onions, red and green peppers, cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, mushrooms, and you can also put meat in them.

WDWSeptember2012122.jpg

WDWSeptember2012124.jpg

WDWSeptember2012123.jpg

WDWSeptember2012126.jpg

WDWSeptember2012125.jpg

Glad your day overall was a success. and yeah for saving the sphinx

I was really unsure how things would go when R had his episode. I'm so glad he was able to turn things around. I know M was really glad he stayed.

I know if it had been a spider I would have been feeling the same way as the pen throwers, but I'm glad I happened to be in the right place at the right time.

This really looks like an amazing spread. I also love that everything seems to be clearly labelled.

Corinna

I am back and all caught up.

Welcome back :) How was your trip? I hope it was fabulous!

Halloween time at Disneyland is amazing. There is a good chance that we will be at WDW during Halloween time next year, but I am worried that I will be disappointed after experiencing it at Disneyland.

Do they do it differently at DL vs WDW? I can't wait to see it all.

All the money that is thrown in the water rides and any other water features at WDW is collected by cast members on a regularly basis and any money collected is donated to Give Kids The World.

I'm so glad to hear this. There was so much in the water I was worried they didn't get it. I guess it just accumulates fast.

I was amazed how much you managed to fit in.

Corinna

It was fantastic, especially since we started around noon we were only there for 9 hours. We didn't need to go back to MK since we did everything, so we had an extra day to go back to Epcot later in the trip.

This really looks like an amazing spread. I also love that everything seems to be clearly labelled.

Corinna

It really is, everything is so delicious. And if you have any questions the chefs are right there to help. We kept the second reservation I made they all loved it so much.

Welcome back :) How was your trip? I hope it was fabulous!

It was absolutely amazing. I am still not quite sure if it really happened or if it was just a wonderful dream. Still, all the photos that I took should be evidence enough.

Do they do it differently at DL vs WDW? I can't wait to see it all.

Both Halloween and the holiday season are a much bigger deal at Disneyland. That was part of the reason why I wanted to enjoy the holiday season at WDW this year as we will be at Disneyland for the beginning of the holiday season in 2014. This way I could really enjoy it and get caught up by the magic of it all without permanently thinking how much prettier Disneyland is during the holiday season.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter