Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true...none of this:
article-2165404-13CF9918000005DC-273_636x526.jpg
Did that happen?!?!

Loved catching up on all these posts about AKL!! We are going for the first time in September. It will be DS(3)'s first time and DD(8)'s second trip. I think they will just love this hotel. It's still so far off but I a, already excited. The kids don't know yet so I'll have to come up with a great way to tell them. It will be my son's first time on a plane and that's going to be huge in itself!

I will be staying at AKL for my solo trip from June 17-25. Can't wait!

I will be staying at AKL for my solo trip from June 17-25. Can't wait!

June

Sinderelly, May 30th – 6th, Kidani

Dar-VM, 3rd – 10th, AKL CL

Metz172, 7th – 10th, AKL CL

ChgoMusicGirl, 8th – 13th, Jambo House

think-like-tink, 15th – 25th, AKL

Susiec, 15th – 27th, AKL – DH 50th Bday

Coogz, 17th – 25th, AKL

I was on a waitlist for Jambo and finally got it. Staying at Jambo House with Savannah View. I am so excited. It is DVC. Is there anything special I should request for location? Not going until September. 179 days to go.

I was on a waitlist for Jambo and finally got it. Staying at Jambo House with Savannah View. I am so excited. It is DVC. Is there anything special I should request for location? Not going until September. 179 days to go.
September

Tiriggs1, 13th – 18th, Jambo House

Sailored, 15th – 22nd, AKL

wdwphan, 18th - 21st, AKL

punkin413, 26th – Oct 3rd, AKL

Yeah - great to read that a wait list came through!
I believe when you do online check in one of your choices w/ a savanna view villa will be Arusha savanna view, which is what I would choose.

can anyone tell me the hours for the CL room? does it actually close or does it stay unlocked?
tia

They can't lock it -- it's an open area, not a closed room. People in some rooms up there (DVC Club level) need to walk through it to get to their rooms. But they take all the food out.

They can't lock it -- it's an open area, not a closed room. People in some rooms up there (DVC Club level) need to walk through it to get to their rooms. But they take all the food out.
thanks for the reply. it looked like a small room from the pictures I have seen so good to know.

We are renting points for a Standard View studio at Jambo February 6-13 2016. We stayed at Kidani for a week 2 years ago and are excited to try the main building!

:thumbsup2
We are renting points for a Standard View studio at Jambo February 6-13 2016. We stayed at Kidani for a week 2 years ago and are excited to try the main building!
...while Kidani is more 'boutique' and intimate, Jambo is more on a grander scale...I think you are going to love it too!

Huge differences between the 2 , but both are equally awesome. You'll find things you enjoy at Jambo, & then you'll realize that there are things you enjoy more at Kidani, I'm sure...Either route, have a great trip.:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2
...while Kidani is more 'boutique' and intimate, Jambo is more on a grander scale...I think you are going to love it too!
Huge differences between the 2 , but both are equally awesome. You'll find things you enjoy at Jambo, & then you'll realize that there are things you enjoy more at Kidani, I'm sure...Either route, have a great trip.:thumbsup2
Thanks! We did a lot of back and forth between the two buildings on the last trip, and assume we will be doing the same this time.

Thanks! We did a lot of back and forth between the two buildings on the last trip, and assume we will be doing the same this time.
....it's amazing how, although they give off a different vibe, they both feel really welcoming and 'homey'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter