Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW Kimmar067, When is your Easter Vacay, next year....Ours is really wacky, and we may end up doing DCL...:confused3, OF course w/ a 1 night stay at AKL..LoL Possibly

The only good thing about this miserable rain is that it's getting rid of the ugly snow.

thanks for this great information. Its nice its all in one place. Now onto my story and question :) My family like many others try to do things on a budget but this year i wanted to have a nicer hotel and deiced on the AKL. I am going for my first ever star wars weekend. So my one sister loves animals and the other has been to Africa in the last 3 years. So i upgraded from a standard room to a savannah view. Later on after some research and talking to a CM, i went from that to the standard concierge room. The selling point was it was a savannah view or arusha(sp?) view and it came with the club level. It was onl like 45 dollars per person for the two night so i figured, I've spent more money on more silly things lol So im super excited, friday is our Star Wars day and Saturday in the am afternoon we are going to visit an uncle who my aunt passed away the other day.

ANYWAYS, onto my questions :)

1. I saw in this thread standard concierge was an arusha(sp?) view or a pool view? I thought it was Savannah or arusha view
2. What is an arusha view?
3. What would you consider the best?
4. An floor recommendations, I was hoping to ask for floor 4.
5, How about any room that you particularity love. Trust me at the rate I'm paying i probably wont be back so there's little to no chance ill take the room you want next time on your trip lol.
6. Check in is at 3pm, we will more likly end the starwars day early, check in around 1 or 2. Say the room isnt ready can we still go up to the club?
7. Is the club the only thing on that level or could say someone not with club level get up there? IM only asking because it seems pretty easy to press the elevator button to 6 and get off with out anyone noticing.
8 Check out. One of my sisters leaves at around 1 or so maybe a little earlier because of her drive back to MCO what time are we able to use the club till? Is it midnight of the day we check out(which i doubt)
9. is there anything special i should ask for that a first time guest wouldnt know to ask or even think about that the concierge can"do " for us. Anything at all that you can think of

I know thats a lot of questions but those are the one i didnt find answers for, if they are out there , sorry i missed them. I tend to get easily confused so if you are answering a question for me, just number it so i remember what my question was ;) It tough to get old lol

thanks for this great information. Its nice its all in one place. Now onto my story and question :) My family like many others try to do things on a budget but this year i wanted to have a nicer hotel and deiced on the AKL. I am going for my first ever star wars weekend. So my one sister loves animals and the other has been to Africa in the last 3 years. So i upgraded from a standard room to a savannah view. Later on after some research and talking to a CM, i went from that to the standard concierge room. The selling point was it was a savannah view or arusha(sp?) view and it came with the club level. It was onl like 45 dollars per person for the two night so i figured, I've spent more money on more silly things lol So im super excited, friday is our Star Wars day and Saturday in the am afternoon we are going to visit an uncle who my aunt passed away the other day.

1. I saw in this thread standard concierge was an arusha(sp?) view or a pool view? I thought it was Savannah or arusha view
5, How about any room that you particularity love. Trust me at the rate I'm paying i probably wont be back so there's little to no chance ill take the room you want next time on your trip lol.
6. Check in is at 3pm, we will more likly end the starwars day early, check in around 1 or 2. Say the room isnt ready can we still go up to the club?
7. Is the club the only thing on that level or could say someone not with club level get up there? IM only asking because it seems pretty easy to press the elevator button to 6 and get off with out anyone noticing.
8 Check out. One of my sisters leaves at around 1 or so maybe a little earlier because of her drive back to MCO what time are we able to use the club till? Is it midnight of the day we check out(which i doubt)
9. is there anything special i should ask for that a first time guest wouldnt know to ask or even think about that the concierge can"do " for us. Anything at all that you can think of

I know thats a lot of questions but those are the one i didnt find answers for, if they are out there , sorry i missed them. I tend to get easily confused so if you are answering a question for me, just number it so i remember what my question was ;) It tough to get old lol

Arusha is one of the savannas. So an Arusha View room would be a room with a view of that savanna (as opposed to a room with a view of the Sunset Savanna or the Uzima Savanna).

Five and Six are DVC, if that helps narrow it down.

5, How about any room that you particularity love.
I have heard that it is not a good idea to request a particular room. If that room is not available, the room assigners don't know what you liked about that room, so it will be hard for them to figure out what other room would make you happy. I have heard that you are better off asking for what you like (a high floor, a low floor, a corner room, a room near the elevator, etc.).

Yes.

When you get in the elevator, you have to hold up your Magic Band in order to be able to press the button for the 6th floor. If you have not paid for Club Level, your Magic Band will not allow you to press the button for the 6th floor.

I've only stayed there once, DVC Club Level, so I can't answer all of your questions.

I've not stayed club, but information about AKL is confusing because of all the different room categories. The AKV DVC concierge villas are on the 6th floor where the lounge is. Those villas have various views. The regular AKL concierge rooms (which it sounds like you've booked) are located on the 4th floor and all have Arusha savanna views.

Last edited:

You have a Club Level resort reservation, not DVC, so this is what you can expect: You WILL have a guaranteed Savanna View -- it will be Arusha, which is the Savanna just outside the lobby. You WILL be on the 4th floor -- no need to request the floor.

Your room will be one of the "regular" resort rooms with a few extra added touches, including evening turn-down. Rooms are normally in the first pod off the lobby on Kudu and Zebra Trails -- they try to keep the CL rooms close to the lobby so it's not such a bad hike to the Lounge on 6!

You can check in and go to the Club Lounge any time the day of your check-in. They are open from 7:00am to 10:00pm - you are welcome to use the Lounge ANY time on check-in day and up to close (10pm) on your check-out day!

Please utilize the IPO (Itinerary Planning Office) prior to your visit. They can make any reservations you want. The CMs in the Club Lounge will also be happy to assist you with anything you need during your stay.

Enjoy your stay! :cloud9:

Please utilize the IPO (Itinerary Planning Office) prior to your visit. They can make any reservations you want. The CMs in the Club Lounge will also be happy to assist you with anything you need during your stay...

...I was going to suggest the same thing....they are your best resource.

Thanks for the info on the Kudu Trail request, I tried it when I checked in online tonight, maybe we'll get lucky and get a Savannah view!

I think some one once reported that when staying at Jambo they were turned away from Kidani kids area, but I suspect that was due to a mis-trained lifeguard or extreme crowding. Guests at Jambo and Kidani can use each other's pools, indeed, a frequent complaint is that the seats in the shuttle van that runs the short jaunt between the buildings are often wet from pool users returning to their respective resort.
BTW, I've added 3 days to my December stay, so in addition to AKL Jambo 12/5-13/2015 which is already noted, can you add AKV Kidani 12/2-5/2015?
Thx.

December

Disneyfirsttimer10, 5th -12th , Jambo

Sndral, 2nd – 5th, Kidani

Sndral, 5th – 13th, Jambo House

Aladora, 9th -16th, AKV

KanataDad, 10th -12th, AKL

Lovinallthingsdisney, 14th – 22nd, AKL

Nuts4Dale, 20th – 27th, Jambo House

Staying at Kidani Sept 13-18 :) First time. I am excited and nervous at the same time. We are on the DDP with a refill mug. All the dining options are at Jambo. Mugs can be refilled at the store in Kidani. What are the hours of availability?

September

Tiriggs1, 13th – 18th, Kidani

Sailored, 15th – 22nd, AKL

punkin413, 26th – Oct 3rd, AKL

AKL Sept. 30-Oct. 3. Can't wait to share it with my son and my niece!

October

punkin413, Sep 26th – 3rd, AKL

beckykarstetter, Sep 30th – 3rd, AKL

CatManDoo, 1st – 7th, Jambo House

dizneegirl71, 17th – 24th, Kidani

LJSquishy, 21st – 30th, AKL

RachelTori, 25th – 28th BC

PNO4TE, 25th – 30th, BLT

Wellesleyprincess, 28th – 31st, AKL

RachelTori, 28th – Nov 4th, CSR-Business Class

Hello gang, thanks for the great information in this thread. I just booked a weekend getaway in May (7-10), after finding some ridiculously cheap airfare. Thought was a quick little low budget trip, so I booked at POP. Anyway, later I found the rate for a standard view room at AKL wasnt too bad and.... well.... i've never been a value type fan! So I upgraded and here we come! It will be our first stay at AKL. We are doing two MK park days only. I rented a car (we fly into Sanford so I pretty much needed to), but after reading this thread it seems the consensus is to take the bus from the resort anyway? Also, yesterday I did a pre-check in online and it gave me some confusing options for my room requests. Specifically, Kudu trail view was listed. So i selected it (along with upper floor). I didnt seem like there is a standard list for choices, none of the other "wings" were listed as choices. Do you think i made a mistake? I dont mind a standard view at all, we will not be in the room very much, probably, with only three nights. But my kids would get a kick out of seeing some wildlife! Also, even though it says "amenities" there I cant figure out how to change it, or does this open closer to travel? We just need bed rails. THanks everyone! See you in FL!

May

AspenLL, Apr 29th – 6th, AKL

Mickeymedic, 1st – 4th, AKL Expedition Everest Challenge

Moon Dreamer, 3rd – 8th, AKL

MammerJammer, 3rd – 9th, AKL

ah10is, 4th – 11th, AKL

RachelTori, 5th – 7th POFQ

DgBg100106, 5th -8th, BCV (Flower and Garden)

ThisIsJason, 5th – 11th, Kidani

Kcpinwdw, 7th – 10th, AKL

RachelTori, 7th – 12th, CSR- Business Class

Dolphingirl47, 11th – 14th, BCV

Drp4video, 13th – 16th, AKL

The Sunrise Student, 14th – 25th, AKL CL

JaxMummy, 15th – 23rd, AKL

Disneyfirsttimer10, 16th -20th BLT

Disneyfirsttimer10, 20th-24th, AKV Kidani

Josh704, 23rd – 30th, AKL

Ahoward, 30th – Jun 3rd, AKL

Sinderelly, 30th – Jun 6th, Kidani

Please add us
October 6-14 Jambo House

October

I’mfarfaraway, 6th – 14th, Jambo House

PNO4TE, 25th – 30th, BLT

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2015

If you have any updates please let me know...

April

Amandaw, 3rd – 11th, AKL

stobaugh6, 11th – 19th, AKL

Franandaj, 13th – 20th, VWL

Franandaj, 20th – 24th, DCL

Rangerxenos, 23rd – 30th, AKL

AspenLL, 29th – May 6th, AKL

Visualauren, 13th – 16th, AKL

Visualauren, 16th – 17th, CBR

May

AspenLL, Apr 29th – 6th, AKL

Mickeymedic, 1st – 4th, AKL Expedition Everest Challenge

Moon Dreamer, 3rd – 8th, AKL

MammerJammer, 3rd – 9th, AKL

ah10is, 4th – 11th, AKL

RachelTori, 5th – 7th POFQ

DgBg100106, 5th -8th, BCV (Flower and Garden)

ThisIsJason, 5th – 11th, Kidani

Kcpinwdw, 7th – 10th, AKL

RachelTori, 7th – 12th, CSR- Business Class

Dolphingirl47, 11th – 14th, BCV

Drp4video, 13th – 16th, AKL

The Sunrise Student, 14th – 25th, AKL CL

JaxMummy, 15th – 23rd, AKL

Disneyfirsttimer10, 16th -20th BLT

Disneyfirsttimer10, 20th-24th, AKV Kidani

Josh704, 23rd – 30th, AKL

Ahoward, 30th – Jun 3rd, AKL

Sinderelly, 30th – Jun 6th, Kidani

June

Sinderelly, May 30th – 6th, Kidani

Dar-VM, 3rd – 10th, AKL CL

Metz172, 7th – 10th, AKL CL

ChgoMusicGirl, 8th – 13th, Jambo House

think-like-tink, 15th – 25th, AKL

Susiec, 15th – 27th, AKL – DH 50th Bday

July

Denamac, 20th -26th, Jambo CL

Octoberbaby, 23rd – Aug 2nd, Jambo House

OThopeful35, 28th – Aug 7th, AKL

August

Octoberbaby, Jul 23rd – 2nd, Jambo House

OThopeful35, Jul 28th – 7th, AKL

anjalee6, 3rd -10th, AKL CL

MICKEY'S DREAMERS, 3rd – 13th, AKL

ColinCodyMom, 10th – 14th, AKL

Ebonyeyes, 10th – 21st, AKV Kidani

DizDaD7, 15th – 18th, VB

Pandv_2000, 15th-29th, AKl CL

DizDaD7, 18th – 26th, BWV

amberjean15, 23rd – 30th, AKL

RachelTori, 23rd – 28th, AKL CL

NatalieMT, 24th – Sep 1st, AKL

DizDaD7, 26th – 28th, HH

September

Tiriggs1, 13th – 18th, Kidani

Sailored, 15th – 22nd, AKL

punkin413, 26th – Oct 3rd, AKL

October

I’mfarfaraway, 6th – 14th, Jambo House

PNO4TE, 25th – 30th, BLT

November

RachelTori, Oct 28th – 4th, CSR-Business Class

PNO4TE, Oct 30th – 3rd, Coronado Springs

VeronicaBride, 13th – 18th, BCV

shameless3, 17th – 20th, AKL

VeronicaBride, 18th -22nd, AKL

1buckeyegirl, 21st – 24th, AKL CL

YoCoLifSavr, 21st – 28th, Jambo House

1buckeyegirl, 24th Disney Magic

Jbausch, 25th – 28th, AKL

JenniferLea

December

Disneyfirsttimer10, 5th -12th , Jambo

Sndral, 2nd – 5th, Kidani

Sndral, 5th – 13th, Jambo House

Aladora, 9th -16th, AKV

KanataDad, 10th -12th, AKL

Lovinallthingsdisney, 14th – 22nd, AKL

Nuts4Dale, 20th – 27th, Jambo House

January

February

March

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter