Amandaw, 3rd – 11th, AKL

stobaugh6, 11th – 19th, AKL

Franandaj, 13th – 20th, VWL

Franandaj, 20th – 24th, DCL

Rangerxenos, 23rd – 30th, AKL

AspenLL, 29th – May 6th, AKL

Visualauren, 13th – 16th, AKL

Visualauren, 16th – 17th, CBR

So excited to be going back to Akl! Last stay at Akl was in 2010 for 3wks, wow that was a luxury trip! So relaxing considered it was disney with twin 5yr olds and a 7yr old lol.
It was my very first deluxe stay after going to disney for 20 years!!

We've decided not to go for a savannah view as it's a last min trip and we've also booked our first disney cruise.
Adults only.
So my question does anyone have info or pictures of the standard view rooms please.

We did a
To be honest we don't feel that the buses take that much longer even though we know AKL is the farthest away. We found that we don't save much time driving to the parks because then we have to park and take a tram to the entrance or for MK park at TTC and have to take the monorail or ferry. We also like the option of being able to go to another park or DTD and not worrying about moving our car.

We did a 3wk stay a few years ago and didn't understand at all about the things people said about the buses, and how long it took to get to the parks,
We found it no longer then anybodies park, and Infact found staying at the Polynesian last yr, more hassle then Akl due to the fact it shared buses with contemporary and GF!
The buses where frequent for Akl and took around 15mins for MK.
I actually find driving to Mk a major hassle due to having to park then use the monorail or ferry.
The bus was much quicker IMO.

Just booked our first stay at AKL for July 28- August 7 :yay: DS thinks we are staying at POP, he is going to be so happy! Now I just have to keep my big mouth shut. I am so excited to stay at this resort. We visited on one of our past trips and we were amazed at how beautiful the resort was.

Just booked our first stay at AKL for July 28- August 7 :yay: DS thinks we are staying at POP, he is going to be so happy! Now I just have to keep my big mouth shut. I am so excited to stay at this resort. We visited on one of our past trips and we were amazed at how beautiful the resort was.

How exciting..He's going to love you even more...But be careful....

This place is hard to give up, and WILL Become addicting.....One of the best resorts there is...

Have a great trip !:thumbsup2

August

Octoberbaby, Jul 23rd – 2nd, Jambo House

OThopeful35, Jul 28th – 7th, AKL

anjalee6, 3rd -10th, AKL CL

MICKEY'S DREAMERS, 3rd – 13th, AKL

ColinCodyMom, 10th – 14th, AKL

Ebonyeyes, 10th – 21st, AKV Kidani

DizDaD7, 15th – 18th, VB

Pandv_2000, 15th-29th, AKl CL

DizDaD7, 18th – 26th, BWV

amberjean15, 23rd – 30th, AKL

RachelTori, 23rd – 28th, AKL CL

NatalieMT, 24th – Sep 1st, AKL

DizDaD7, 26th – 28th, HH

I apologize in advance as I am sure this question has been asked many times, but I cannot find the response:

We are renting DVC points for a Jambo studio for our upcoming vacation. Are we allowed to use the Kidani pool?

Thanks!

So excited to be going back to Akl! Last stay at Akl was in 2010 for 3wks, wow that was a luxury trip! So relaxing considered it was disney with twin 5yr olds and a 7yr old lol.
It was my very first deluxe stay after going to disney for 20 years!!

We've decided not to go for a savannah view as it's a last min trip and we've also booked our first disney cruise.
Adults only.
So my question does anyone have info or pictures of the standard view rooms please.

We booked std view last time after being a little disappointed with our CL stay the time before that. I had request low floor and near the lobby and we ended up with a great tool right in front of a feeding spot. I'm not sure if that room was std view or an upgrade, but we were thrilled and have booked std view again for our trip starting tomorrow. I've actually requested the same room again, so my fingers are crossed. I'm trying to post the view, but having a hard time from my phone. If you check out my trip report, Our Best Disney Trip Yet, (in my signature) you'll see our view.

Last edited:
I apologize in advance as I am sure this question has been asked many times, but I cannot find the response:

We are renting DVC points for a Jambo studio for our upcoming vacation. Are we allowed to use the Kidani pool?

Thanks!

I can't imagine why not, we have used both pools while staying at Jambo, although we did not stay DVC.

Thanks!
I think some one once reported that when staying at Jambo they were turned away from Kidani kids area, but I suspect that was due to a mis-trained lifeguard or extreme crowding. Guests at Jambo and Kidani can use each other's pools, indeed, a frequent complaint is that the seats in the shuttle van that runs the short jaunt between the buildings are often wet from pool users returning to their respective resort.
BTW, I've added 3 days to my December stay, so in addition to AKL Jambo 12/5-13/2015 which is already noted, can you add AKV Kidani 12/2-5/2015?
Thx.

Staying at Kidani Sept 13-18 :) First time. I am excited and nervous at the same time. We are on the DDP with a refill mug. All the dining options are at Jambo. Mugs can be refilled at the store in Kidani. What are the hours of availability?

Thanks!
You are absolutely allowed to swim at both pools, regardless of where you are staying at & if you're staying on DVC points or Cash.

To be honest, I know these are 2 pools that are on the No Pool Hop list, but it's really not enforced . Especially nothing like SAB...

Staying at Kidani Sept 13-18 :) First time. I am excited and nervous at the same time. We are on the DDP with a refill mug. All the dining options are at Jambo. Mugs can be refilled at the store in Kidani. What are the hours of availability?

Hello gang, thanks for the great information in this thread. I just booked a weekend getaway in May (7-10), after finding some ridiculously cheap airfare. Thought was a quick little low budget trip, so I booked at POP. Anyway, later I found the rate for a standard view room at AKL wasnt too bad and.... well.... i've never been a value type fan! So I upgraded and here we come! It will be our first stay at AKL. We are doing two MK park days only. I rented a car (we fly into Sanford so I pretty much needed to), but after reading this thread it seems the consensus is to take the bus from the resort anyway? Also, yesterday I did a pre-check in online and it gave me some confusing options for my room requests. Specifically, Kudu trail view was listed. So i selected it (along with upper floor). I didnt seem like there is a standard list for choices, none of the other "wings" were listed as choices. Do you think i made a mistake? I dont mind a standard view at all, we will not be in the room very much, probably, with only three nights. But my kids would get a kick out of seeing some wildlife! Also, even though it says "amenities" there I cant figure out how to change it, or does this open closer to travel? We just need bed rails. THanks everyone! See you in FL!

....If you are booked in Kudu Trail, you are getting a savannah view...are you getting a bunk room?

Man ....:( Its been almost 5 months...I'm Missin the Nice weather, but really Missing Disney.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter