Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I am hoping no big crazy changes...... I need to apply for that American express card.....
Hugs to you
Mel
Yes, it's working now and there is no change to value of park passes OR car rental (my next target) It appears the "big announcement" that got panties in a knot was just which city won the concert :P

Well we decided we are going back to Disney next August. So it looks like I am saving airmiles for Disney tickets again. I will need four this year. That seems ambitious even for me. But maybe I can do 3 by next summer. I have 2000 airmiles right now, and I have almost a year. I went and bought three more boxes of popsicle treats. Hey.. don't judge.. it's all for the tickets.:rolleyes1

Well we decided we are going back to Disney next August. So it looks like I am saving airmiles for Disney tickets again. I will need four this year. That seems ambitious even for me. But maybe I can do 3 by next summer. I have 2000 airmiles right now, and I have almost a year. I went and bought three more boxes of popsicle treats. Hey.. don't judge.. it's all for the tickets.:rolleyes1

Yeah!!
I am not the only one buying boxes of popsicles!
Hugs Hon and best wishes on collecting,,it does seem ambitious but I know you can do it!
My Sobeys appears to be out of the itzakadoozie ones but maybe if I pop by tomorrow they might have them in.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

Guys, did you see Sobeys/Safeway has the 190 miles for $150 again this weekend? I have mostly shopped at Save on Foods the past few years, but with my interest in collecting miles for our park tickets have only recently paying attention - is this deal on every weekend?

Guys, did you see Sobeys/Safeway has the 190 miles for $150 again this weekend? I have mostly shopped at Save on Foods the past few years, but with my interest in collecting miles for our park tickets have only recently paying attention - is this deal on every weekend?
Is this for Ontario? I must have missed that. Thanks

edit, just a quick check and only saw 60AM for golf town GC, not for me, but if the other is for Ontario please update us.

Sorry, I should have specified - it is for the "West." I am in Alberta.
Our loss your gain, hope you can take advantage of it. One way is if you play lottos out there, then buy the GC for a few months worth and use it then. Its like being paid to buy lotto. The only real way to win.:rolleyes1

I see enough for about 100 airmiles at Sobey's and then I plan to get two of the Golftown gift cards for another 120. I can hang on to the gift cards and use them to shop end of season sales for Christmas presents for DH. That's about it this week, unless I get another email from Rexall for the Spend $30 get 50 airmiles. I need to stock up on sunscreen.

I see enough for about 100 airmiles at Sobey's and then I plan to get two of the Golftown gift cards for another 120. I can hang on to the gift cards and use them to shop end of season sales for Christmas presents for DH. That's about it this week, unless I get another email from Rexall for the Spend $30 get 50 airmiles. I need to stock up on sunscreen.

I agree. Not much at Sobey's for me this week either. I ran out there this morning after reading next weeks flyer and picked up some more popsicles and hot chocolate. (that way I keep my weekly #'s up and it's going to be a hot weekend).

If you need a Rexall coupon remember that if you shop Fri-Sun and swipe your card you'll get a coupon on the bottom of your receipt for next week (spend 30 get 50AM). I always need milk in this house so it's an easy one for me.

I agree. Not much at Sobey's for me this week either. I ran out there this morning after reading next weeks flyer and picked up some more popsicles and hot chocolate. (that way I keep my weekly #'s up and it's going to be a hot weekend).

If you need a Rexall coupon remember that if you shop Fri-Sun and swipe your card you'll get a coupon on the bottom of your receipt for next week (spend 30 get 50AM). I always need milk in this house so it's an easy one for me.

My oldest son says mom you have a serious "Airmiles" addiction and we need to do an intervention.....saying this while he is eating one of my popsicles.:rolleyes:
I took a side trip out to Milton and picked up 6 more lifesaver boxes...I really can barely shut my freezer door BUT I couldn't see anything worth while in the new Sobeys / Foodland flyer for the upcoming week.
I applied for the Amex card and now just have to wait for it to arrive.
On my road to U.O. pass soon.
Hugs Mel

My oldest son says mom you have a serious "Airmiles" addiction and we need to do an intervention.....saying this while he is eating one of my popsicles.:rolleyes:
I took a side trip out to Milton and picked up 6 more lifesaver boxes...I really can barely shut my freezer door BUT I couldn't see anything worth while in the new Sobeys / Foodland flyer for the upcoming week.
I applied for the Amex card and now just have to wait for it to arrive.
On my road to U.O. pass soon.
Hugs Mel
Well i think you all know what MY son refers to us as .... BUT hey, i just ordered the 2nd Disney Ticket this morning,now who's laughing? I agree that the flyers this week are pretty lackluster. Gonna make a trip to Rexall tonight for a couple of 30.00 transactions cause i HATE to see my balance below 100 :P

Just back from last minute Sobeys for last week flyer. $56 = 275AM, not too bad considering. But that is a lot of fruit pops, good thing this next week is hot.

Just back from Sobey's . I got two of the Golf Town gift cards, and $56 in groceries. 234 Miles. Plus I'll get 50 when I shop at Rexall on Monday. That's it for me this week.

I must have received my BMO MC bonus 100 then, if everyone else still hasn't received their March promo 100. I think we can contact Air Miles support at the end of the month (120 days)
Let me know what you find out about this. I received Feb and April but I did not get the one for March. Since I no longer have the email I'm not sure it will be honored.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter