• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well I lucked out and I am so excited! I have been saving my airmiles for the last couple of years, never thought I would be able to use them for March Break, so have not even looked, but on a whim I just checked. I got 3 tickets March break Toronto to Fort Lauderdale , perfect times for our cruise I had booked. :yay:

Had enough Hilton points for pre cruise hotel, so I am thrilled.

Does anyone know if I use AM cash to pay at the till, do I still earn AM on my purchase? Planning a big AM shop today at Safeway, and thought I'd cash in my AM cash to pay for it. But, don't want to do that if it means I can't earn AM when I pay with AM cash.

Let me know what you find out about this. I received Feb and April but I did not get the one for March. Since I no longer have the email I'm not sure it will be honored.

I'm still waiting on mine to come through for the March bonus. I'm not sure anyone else here has received it yet as there's a group of us waiting who were going to post when theirs came through. Another week and I'll be calling to ask about it (120 days after March 31). I don't think your email has anything to do with the bonus as its all tied to your AM account. I just had a look at the email they sent me and its said
28699-16_Offer-Hub_Email-2_EN_02.jpg

Things are starting to warm up, and the conditions are just perfect
for loading up on tons of AIR MILES® Reward Miles! Check out
Spring Offer Hub to get the latest offers for even more Miles with
our Partners.

As a bonus, when you use any 3 different offers, you’ll get an
additional 100 Miles*, just because!

The email also had a link to the offer hub to get the individual offers. They said they were going to track the transactions so we didn't need to do anything. I kept track of the offers I took advantage of on a spreadsheet so I can probably help you figure out which ones were on offer. Just a little more patience and hopefully they will come through. If not watch out we crazy AM Moms (and Dads) will be on their case.

Last edited:
Well I lucked out and I am so excited! I have been saving my airmiles for the last couple of years, never thought I would be able to use them for March Break, so have not even looked, but on a whim I just checked. I got 3 tickets March break Toronto to Fort Lauderdale , perfect times for our cruise I had booked. :yay:

Had enough Hilton points for pre cruise hotel, so I am thrilled.
That is fabulous!!! What a huge item in the trip budget taken care of! I would be excited too. Congrats! :)

If I were to buy the 5 day tickets from AM (lets say over the next year and a bit) am I able to add a sixth day on the Disney site? I just know going through the Disney site when I added an additional day it was a small amount, not the full cost for a day. When I link my AM tickets to my Disney account does it matter that it was purchased through AM?
Sorry, I hope I am making sense.

If I were to buy the 5 day tickets from AM (lets say over the next year and a bit) am I able to add a sixth day on the Disney site? I just know going through the Disney site when I added an additional day it was a small amount, not the full cost for a day. When I link my AM tickets to my Disney account does it matter that it was purchased through AM?
You will be able to add a day, but not until you get to the parks. You can add a day to your tickets at any of the Guest Services locations at the front of the theme parks, waterparks, or the two locations in Downtown Disney.
You will pay the small cost to add a day, as Disney tickets are most expensive on day one and go down from there. A six day ticket won't be much more than a five.

You will be able to add a day, but not until you get to the parks. You can add a day to your tickets at any of the Guest Services locations at the front of the theme parks, waterparks, or the two locations in Downtown Disney.
You will pay the small cost to add a day, as Disney tickets are most expensive on day one and go down from there. A six day ticket won't be much more than a five.

Thank you very much!!

When I link my AM tickets to my Disney account does it matter that it was purchased through AM?
The tickets you'll get from AM will be exactly what you anywhere -- hard plastic, credit card type. Simply enter the number on the back of the card in your MDE and POOF ready to go!

Since you can't upgrade to a 6 day ticket until you get there, you will only be able to make the FP+ for the 5 days you have on the ticket now ... once you get there just go in and select the ones you want for your last park day, easy-peasy, have a blast!!!

It is. I just got back from doing the spend $30 get 50. I probably could have found another $20 worth of stuff had I known. Oh well.

It is. I just got back from doing the spend $30 get 50. I probably could have found another $20 worth of stuff had I known. Oh well.

Sorry Hon
I slept in today and just checked my email--it was issued at 8:48 am.
I lost out on a 100 points last week when my son bought a new chair at Staples,,wish the salesperson would have mentioned the very next day we could get 100 airmiles instead of 4 airmiles.
Better luck next time.
Hugs Mel

Sorry Hon
I slept in today and just checked my email--it was issued at 8:48 am.
I lost out on a 100 points last week when my son bought a new chair at Staples,,wish the salesperson would have mentioned the very next day we could get 100 airmiles instead of 4 airmiles.
Better luck next time.
Hugs Mel

I usually don't shop Rexall on Monday. I just needed a few of the things I picked up today. It's just as well that I only purchased what I absolutely needed.

Is it too late to return the chair and purchase it again? I've been known to do that upon occasion.

I got an e-mail about that Rexall offer on FRIDAY .. perhaps i should start providing that heads up, i thought everyone already knew. SORRY, i'm slipping on my duties here!!

I've already got a list ready for me to make that 50.00 mark 3 times! Hate seeing my balance at less than 100 -- pitiful. We earned 2 -- yes TWO at Metro yesterday

I got an e-mail about that Rexall offer on FRIDAY .. perhaps i should start providing that heads up, i thought everyone already knew. SORRY, i'm slipping on my duties here!!

I've already got a list ready for me to make that 50.00 mark 3 times! Hate seeing my balance at less than 100 -- pitiful. We earned 2 -- yes TWO at Metro yesterday

I want to start earning AM and we have a Rexall close by us here in Winnipeg. I signed up for the Rexall newsletter. Will that give us access to these AM deals? Or are they available to everyone even if you're not on the email list? Where can I find these deals locally?

So just back from superstore, no AM but price matching. Saved about $50 in matching, but over all the flyers I had for matching, Sobeys just one item. This is why I cant justify shopping there for just the AM. With my pc points using pc black MC, I'm getting 3-4% back in points. AM at |Sobeys only gets 1-1.5% at the most for reg shopping. I would love to do more but can only when the big things come out. I dont have a Rexall close and the closest one really is big or has a lot of staples.
Glad you all can make the best of it.
Rant over. Happy hunting.
PS. still have 8 cases of Poweraid....lol

I want to start earning AM and we have a Rexall close by us here in Winnipeg. I signed up for the Rexall newsletter. Will that give us access to these AM deals? Or are they available to everyone even if you're not on the email list? Where can I find these deals locally?
First I want to welcome you to both the game of Airmiles-ing and the Disboards, you're gonna like it here!

I get an e-mail from Rexall each week that details the Airmiles offered BUT i'm also getting one direct from Airmiles on Fridays that gives me a heads up to the usual weekend PLUS a link to the coupon for the next week which is almost always BETTER return. How i managed to get those i have no idea .. as well once every 3 weeks or so I'm now getting targeted coupons for Rexall based on my shopping habit again no idea how or when they started this??? I sign up for every newsletter i can find and always click on "sure send me anything" Other than the ones that are targeted (which actually have my collector # on them) anyone can use them. I'll go back to letting others know what I'm receiving -- if it wasn't for this thread i would be able to store something other than frozen treats in the freezer right now AND i wouldn't be waiting for my 2nd pass to show up.

Another thing you can try until the email offers come through is to go to Rexall Fri-Sun and pick up something small that you need. Swipe your AM card at the checkout and hopefully there will be a coupon on your receipt for spend $30 get 50AM for Mon-Thurs the following week. At least that is how it works in parts of Ontario. Another option for you is Safeway/Sobeys. Don't know if you have one close by. I was jealous last week they had chocolate/white milk on with great AM. A staple item and AM too, you can't beat that.

Guys, did you see Sobeys/Safeway has the 190 miles for $150 again this weekend? I have mostly shopped at Save on Foods the past few years, but with my interest in collecting miles for our park tickets have only recently paying attention - is this deal on every weekend?

They've had it the last couple of weekends. I missed out on the first couple as I didn't notice it on the last page of the flyer - it's usually at the beginning. I went this weekend, spent $159 and got 512 am. There were lots of things on sale with bonus AM as well so I focused on stocking up on that stuff. I find it hard to stock up that much at Safeway due to their higher prices, but sometimes, like this weekend, the sales are good, the bonus AM are good, and works out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter