• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Anyone know
Can I use a $100.00 LCBO gift card (bought at Sobeys) at the LCBO to buy 3 $25.00 Gift cards and a bottle of spirits.? Thinking of doing this to stock pile a few xmas stocking stuffers.
Hugs Mel
It is an option, you are buying product, so they might let the cards slip by as well. good luck

How long do the miles collected at Sobeys take to post to your account? I've had other more recent ones show up but not my last trip to Sobeys :(. I've never really shopped there but wanted to try out this airmiles for Disney passes thing ;)

For any given week, Sobey's collects your AM (Sunday - Saturday). These are usually posted Wednesday evening thru Friday morning the following week. Occasionally something goes amiss and it takes until the second week to get them posted.

For any given week, Sobey's collects your AM (Sunday - Saturday). These are usually posted Wednesday evening thru Friday morning the following week. Occasionally something goes amiss and it takes until the second week to get them posted.
Thanks for that information. We don't have a Sobeys around us, and shop Foodland. Yesterday, following the leads above ^^, and with the fact that we were doing a family get together (relatively) close to Sobeys, I insisted we stop. 161 points later, we were good to go. Now, I'll know when to expect the points. Foodland's usually go on on Saturdays, so by Monday I know what I've gotten.

So we ended up doing the ice cream and popsicle treats deal 4 times. That's 12 boxes of treats, though some only were boxes of four. We had been going out for ice cream once a week at about $15 per trip. We are back to eating better and are eliminating that tradition in favour of the Skinny Cow or a popsicle after supper a few times a week. Less calories, way less money in the long run, and 300 airmiles. Win! :)

So we ended up doing the ice cream and popsicle treats deal 4 times. That's 12 boxes of treats, though some only were boxes of four. We had been going out for ice cream once a week at about $15 per trip. We are back to eating better and are eliminating that tradition in favour of the Skinny Cow or a popsicle after supper a few times a week. Less calories, way less money in the long run, and 300 airmiles. Win! :)
Was that foodland or sobeys? How much were the boxes?

Was that foodland or sobeys? How much were the boxes?
That was at Sobey's. It was 4.99 for select Haagen-Dazs, $4.99 for tubs of Nestle frozen greek yoghurt or select Skinny Cow treats, and $2.99 for the Nestle FruPops, or Itzakadoozie's. So the deal was 75 airmiles for buying 3 (of any of the ones I mentioned). The best deal obviously was to buy the ones that were $2.99 because it ended up being $7.50 in points for spending $9. We got a few of the more expensive ones as well just because that is what we wanted.

The Itzakadoozie's are really good. Made with natural fruit juices. Yum!

Just redeemed a whole bunch of my AM for 3 7-day Disney World tickets. We won't be using them until May 2018 but I was afraid that AM may pull the tickets or the prices would go up before I got them. I am now waiting for DH to receive his first Amex Bill so that they will post the bonus 2000AM. I'm halfway to getting the rest of the AM needed for another park ticket using his AM. A few more popsicle trips and a gift card offer should do it.

I hate watching my balance go down but I'll have park tickets in hand by the end of the week. Yay!

The Itzakadoozie's are really good. Made with natural fruit juices. Yum!

Just redeemed a whole bunch of my AM for 3 7-day Disney World tickets. We won't be using them until May 2018 but I was afraid that AM may pull the tickets or the prices would go up before I got them. I am now waiting for DH to receive his first Amex Bill so that they will post the bonus 2000AM. I'm halfway to getting the rest of the AM needed for another park ticket using his AM. A few more popsicle trips and a gift card offer should do it.

I hate watching my balance go down but I'll have park tickets in hand by the end of the week. Yay!
Congratulations!! That must be a great feeling. To have four passes paid for by airmiles is also a huge chunk of the trip budget taken care of! :)

And the Itzakadoozies pack well in the freezer.................:drive:,,,need more points.
new_iztakadoozie_4_x_80_ml_en.png

Hugs Mel

Guys, total newbie question and apologies if this is in a very obvious place, but out of curiosity, how many air miles for WDW passes? I usually use my air miles for domestic flights and am an avid collector for that reason, but have not looked into using them for anything else.

Log into your airmiles account --go to dream reward --go to events and attractions--go to Fun and Attractions USA
Adult 3 day base ticket Walt Disney World is 3350 Airmiles
Child 3 day base ticket Walt Disney World is 3125 Airmiles

Hugs Mel

Universal Orlando Florida
Child 2 Day Park to Park is 2050 Airmiles
Adult 2 Day Park To Park is 2425 Airmiles
Hugs Mel

Soon I will be ready to switch my cash rewards over to dream rewards and start collecting for my 2018 trip to Universal Orlando.

American Express Platinum card questions
Do you have to keep the card for a minimum amount of time?
Do you loose the 2000 Airmiles points if you cancel within a certain period of time.?
Can you make payments online,if not how do you make payments?.
Do most places take this form of payment, (credit)?
Thanks
Hugs Mel

BREAKING NEWS------------
Not really breaking, but here is a way to help out some of your friends that just have airmiles wasting away. As most on here hopefully know as of Dec 2016, airmiles will start to expire your airmiles older than 5 years. They will keep doing this every quarter after this.
If you overhear friends or coworkers doing this then you can help them out. If they have enough points offer to "buy" there dream points for your tickets. Pay them the same redemption that they would get if it was cash rewards, 95/$10. Therefore a 5 day adult is 3550 = $375. That's in Can$ so you are helping out yourselves and friends and everyones happy.
I only bring this up because I have been lucky this past 2 weeks to have been approached by 2 separate workers to help them with their points before they expire but had all their points in the dream, not money. They also did not like their other options they could have used them on and were not going on any trips in the near future.
Just some food for thought on how to help out all.
Good Luck

Do you loose the 2000 Airmiles points if you cancel within a certain period of time.?
Thanks
Hugs Mel
we have this, no amount of time to keep after you have had your points. We cancelled right after we got them and paid our bills. Amex is not as popular as the other two, but it can be done. Always ask, most gas stations will.

Thanks
Hugs Mel

I have been using my AMEX exclusively since I got it. Rexall, Sobeys, my dentist (not all do), the car dealership (for service), everywhere I've gone recently seems to take it. (IKEA, shoe stores) As Mort said just ask.
There wasn't anything specific on their website about cancelling (as there was on the M/C website) but we plan on keeping ours for 10 months and cancel them before the fee for next year kicks in.
You can make payments online through your own bank.

BREAKING NEWS------------
Not really breaking, but here is a way to help out some of your friends that just have airmiles wasting away. As most on here hopefully know as of Dec 2016, airmiles will start to expire your airmiles older than 5 years. They will keep doing this every quarter after this.
If you overhear friends or coworkers doing this then you can help them out. If they have enough points offer to "buy" there dream points for your tickets. Pay them the same redemption that they would get if it was cash rewards, 95/$10. Therefore a 5 day adult is 3550 = $375. That's in Can$ so you are helping out yourselves and friends and everyones happy.
I only bring this up because I have been lucky this past 2 weeks to have been approached by 2 separate workers to help them with their points before they expire but had all their points in the dream, not money. They also did not like their other options they could have used them on and were not going on any trips in the near future.
Just some food for thought on how to help out all.
Good Luck

I did this with a friend I'm travelling with in December. She had tonnes of AM to use. She purchased both our airline tickets and I paid her back using her AM card to get her new AM (ones that won't expire for 5 years). Had I thought about it sooner she could have purchased our park tickets as well.

Her husband is about to pick up a huge TV to use up the rest of their AM.

How does redeeming for flight using AM work with a World Elite M/C. You are supposed to get your flights for 25% fewer AM but how do they know you're entitled to this when you make your booking on the AM site.

Can someone who's done this walk me through it.

How does redeeming for flight using AM work with a World Elite M/C. You are supposed to get your flights for 25% fewer AM but how do they know you're entitled to this when you make your booking on the AM site.

Can someone who's done this walk me through it.
As soon as your on the site and looking at flights it will automatically show the reduced points. As long as your card is registered, which on sign up it should be. No issues, this is how I booked sept flights/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter