AGLET – We're Gonna Tour The World Together! Updated 11/9!!!

Wow - nice on the soft opening. I have never just walked in HS! I would LOVE that!

I love all your creative muppet pictures. I especially love the fountain details - they are great. I think my nephews are really going to enjoy the muppet attraction. :goodvibes

I love that you got to walk in like that...and mill about.

The M&G area was always very very packed when we went by. Super cool that you were able to not only get to see it without a crowd...but that you had the foresight to know that you might not get a later chance.

You have now got me pretty excited to see Muppet Vision 3d! It has been way too long since we have done it. maybe as long as since 2007...

OMG, I love the Muppets. I also love your title "NOT THE SUN, BUT THE MOON!". :lmao:

FYI, I am watching that documentary right now based on your recommendation. :thumbsup2

OMG. 'Pictures in My Head' gets to me EVERY TIME. I'm just like, "Yes, YOU WILL REUNITE!" Oh man. The Muppets just win at everything.

I will have to look that movie up! That sounds awesome.

I love your love of the Muppets. It's just great. THOSE GUYS.

I've never been to Hurricane Hannah's, but it sounds great too!

A couple of people say it has incredible burgers, so I am going to give it a try. Sometimes, the best burgers are at unexpected places. The two best that I have ever had on Disney property have been at All-Star Sports and Goods to Go at OKW. Didn't expect either of them to be anything more than a burger, but both were awesome!

We are ALWAYS early for our ADR's...I hate being late to anything! :laughing:

We're early birds, too. On time is late for us.

It is a bit banana-y, although I have heard of people not really liking bananas still enjoying it (MeMom, for one!).

I just have to scrape most of the banana mush out and leave a tiny bit for flavor and it's all good. :thumbsup2

Hahaha same here!! I'm a big food separator! :laughing:

I'm so glad it's not just me!! I'll try pretty much anything, but my food CANNOT touch! If I'm at a buffet, I try SO hard to keep everything separate. If I order something & it's touching, I separate it as best I can before I can eat...DBF thinks I'm crazy. Okay, yeah, maybe he's right. :lmao: But really, I'm so weird about it!

You guys would not be able to eat around me - unless maybe we had dividers between our plates. I'm a big food mixer-upper! :)

Never having experienced the rope drop madness at DHS, but having heard legend of it, I think that the soft opening is a fantastic idea. People trickle into the park, rather than rushing in one large group. And then there wasn't a big huge line for TSM!!

Rope drop at Hollywood and the Toy Story Trot (aka Mad Dash) is an experience, for sure.
It's kind of funny, and I have always said I would like to see it from a bird's-eye view. I bet it looks crazy to see a bunch of little ants running down the pathway. It amazes me to see how silly some people are - adults who are hopping over bushes and such to be there three seconds faster. It does get a little ridiculous when the cast members are telling people to please not run and supposedly intelligent adults are zooming by them, totally not listening, and setting that example for the kids they are dragging along or pushing in strollers. :sad2:

I don't really think they are supposed to be doing this! :eek: :laughing:

A few weeks ago, I noticed a movie called Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey on our Netflix. I had really wanted to watch it, and then Wingnut's sister told us how great it was, and then I REALLY wanted to watch it. And so I did.

And all I can say is YOU ALL NEED TO WATCH THIS MOVIE. NOW. NOWNOWNOWNOW.

I would love to check this out. Sounds interesting.

Nice update. The Muppets area has been long overlooked, I think, and it's nice to see it getting a resurgence of love from this generation. :)

That Phineas and Ferb meet and greet area is too cute! I want to meet them on my next trip, I wish Perry was with them though. :banana:

Aww, I love the Muppets! Bean Bunny is one of my favorites!

I saw that movie about Elmo's puppeteer! It is really good! The part with Jim Henson's memorial is so sad, though. I never knew what he died from, so I googled it after watching that, and it's just so sad. :sad1:

Cool update, Love the Muppet pics, we never get to slow down and get a god look at all the signs so it is neat to see them in your TR.

Fun update! I love the muppets, and am in the process of making DD watch all of the old Muppet movies. She sings Rainbow Connection all day long.

Being Elmo is really good! I really enjoyed it.

When we were at DHS they did the soft open thing too. Probably saved some injuries as I DH really to plow through some people. :lmao:

I thoroughly enjoyed your tour of the Muppets. They hold a lot of fond memories for me because it used to be one of my kids' favorite shows when they were little. And their dad loved to do an imitation of the Swedish Chef which really got them laughing.

Sounds like we had pretty similar experiences going into DHS. :goodvibes And I did know about the cereal. For some reason, I was in 8th grade or so at the time, they became like, the "it" snack to bring in your school lunch. :confused3 As in, all the cool kids would bring little baggies of the stuff in their lunches. Whatever... it was yummy, though. "Pictures in My Head" is a great song. I really cannot say enough good things about the new Muppet movie and the music, which I get to listen to.... A LOT. Max loves it. :lmao: I saw that Elmo doc on Netflix and wondered about it. Perhaps Mark and I will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Thank you for a great visit through Muppet Vision!

Funny, I don't think I have ever heard of a soft opening, what a great idea!

We're back from our trip and I'm all caught up with your report. Every time I see a post about breakfast at Kona, I think "Lisa ya'll need to go there sometime." I am sure that John would absolutely love the Tonga Toast since his sweet tooth looks something like a sabertooth lion's. :rotfl:

I'm sure you were excited when you realized that you were able to take advantage of the soft opening at Hollywood Studios. And, you really lucked up getting a Fastpass for Toy Story Mania with a return time so early in the day. :thumbsup2

Ahhhhhh! I love the Muppets! Thank you very much for the thorough tour :)

Can I say how much I hate that the Muppet Store is really just a regular Disney gift shop with only marginally more Muppet stuff than they have everywhere else? Grr and harumph.

Hahaha you're welcome!!! Oh I know!! Now it's the Muppets/Phineas and Ferb/everything else in every other store! :laughing:

I LOVE Statler and Waldorf!!! DBF actually got me a shirt once with them on it! And he pictures you got around that area are great; I really love the Swedish chef's sign. :rotfl:

That's awesome!! I think they're hilarious! It was nice getting to spend some time in the area early in the morning!

Now that you have completely jogged my memory... I DO remember Croonchy Stars! I think I may have even conned my parents into purchasing it once or twice! My parents were not fans of kids cereals, so they were a pretty rare event in our house. It is totally sad that I clearly remember the day my mom let us buy BOTH Cherry Coke and Cabbage Patch Kid cereal, and THEN have them for dinner! :laughing:

Glad you guys got in once last muppets, it must have been fun having the preshow area to yourself. Did anyone else join you, or did you have a private showing as well?

:rotfl: Cherry Coke and Cabbage Patch Kid cereal???? Dinner of champions for sure!! :thumbsup2 I remember my favorite thing was when my mom would buy the little 10 pack of sample-sized cereals, and getting a different one every time!

I think like 3 other people joined us, but we were pretty much on our own for the Muppets first showing!

I totally agree with the whole "Rizzo is under-represented" thing. He's my favorite Muppet and I never see him in anything! Barely in Muppet Vision and not at ALL in the recent film! So upsetting...he's so sarcastic and I just find it really refreshing.

Love your Perry shirt! And I LOVE all of the Muppet Vision pics. I am quite the Muppet fan. I am also convinced that I am one. :P

He SO is!!! He's hilarious! I know, I'm always disappointed when he isn't featured more prominently!

Thanks!! Hahaha wouldn't it be awesome to be a Muppet??

Wow - nice on the soft opening. I have never just walked in HS! I would LOVE that!

I love all your creative muppet pictures. I especially love the fountain details - they are great. I think my nephews are really going to enjoy the muppet attraction. :goodvibes

It really was nice!! Much more peaceful than the reports I had read of the rope drop!

Thanks!! I love the whole Muppets area! I hope your nephews enjoy it too!

I love that you got to walk in like that...and mill about.

The M&G area was always very very packed when we went by. Super cool that you were able to not only get to see it without a crowd...but that you had the foresight to know that you might not get a later chance.

You have now got me pretty excited to see Muppet Vision 3d! It has been way too long since we have done it. maybe as long as since 2007...

It was nice to relax a bit and enjoy the details! It really was packed every other time we passed by! I thought it'd be a good idea to get some pictures while no one else was around!

Aww you definitely need to go back!!

OMG, I love the Muppets. I also love your title "NOT THE SUN, BUT THE MOON!". :lmao:

FYI, I am watching that documentary right now based on your recommendation. :thumbsup2

Hahaha all of the credit for this title goes to Wingnut, actually!:

Me: Name a Muppets quote. About a sentence or two long. :rotfl:

How did you like it??? I hope you enjoyed it!

OMG. 'Pictures in My Head' gets to me EVERY TIME. I'm just like, "Yes, YOU WILL REUNITE!" Oh man. The Muppets just win at everything.

I will have to look that movie up! That sounds awesome.

I love your love of the Muppets. It's just great. THOSE GUYS.

It gets me every time too!!! I know, I get all GO TEAM MUPPETS! watching it!!

Hahaha we really do have an enthusiastic love of them! :laughing:

Love Muppets!!! :love:

Is this the had you're looking for???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-MUPPET-...-/270977055999?pt=US_Hats&hash=item3f177dbcff

I've found that if I can't find it at the store, then chances are it'll be on eBay... :rolleyes:

Thanks!! That one is very similar! I had seen it on eBay, but wanted to try my chances in the parks first!

A couple of people say it has incredible burgers, so I am going to give it a try. Sometimes, the best burgers are at unexpected places. The two best that I have ever had on Disney property have been at All-Star Sports and Goods to Go at OKW. Didn't expect either of them to be anything more than a burger, but both were awesome!

We're early birds, too. On time is late for us.

I just have to scrape most of the banana mush out and leave a tiny bit for flavor and it's all good. :thumbsup2

You guys would not be able to eat around me - unless maybe we had dividers between our plates. I'm a big food mixer-upper! :)

Rope drop at Hollywood and the Toy Story Trot (aka Mad Dash) is an experience, for sure.
It's kind of funny, and I have always said I would like to see it from a bird's-eye view. I bet it looks crazy to see a bunch of little ants running down the pathway. It amazes me to see how silly some people are - adults who are hopping over bushes and such to be there three seconds faster. It does get a little ridiculous when the cast members are telling people to please not run and supposedly intelligent adults are zooming by them, totally not listening, and setting that example for the kids they are dragging along or pushing in strollers. :sad2:

I don't really think they are supposed to be doing this! :eek: :laughing:

I would love to check this out. Sounds interesting.

Nice update. The Muppets area has been long overlooked, I think, and it's nice to see it getting a resurgence of love from this generation. :)

I agree with that, that the best food is sometimes in the most unexpected place! Those burgers sound awesome!! And it sounds like you have your Tonga Toast process down to a science! :thumbsup2 I'm not a big fan of mixing up my food, but I know lots of other people who like doing it! Kind of like Remy in Ratatouille, discovering the new flavors!

That'd be awesome to see Rope Drop from above! People really do get ridiculous trying to get to attractions sometimes, to me, it's just a ride!! If everyone was just nice and calm, the exact same end result would happen!!

Awww I am always happy to give the Muppets lots and lots of love!! :love:

You skipped meeting P&F?!?! :faint:

Sadly, yes, we did. The line was just way too long!!! I settled for a cardboard cutout of Perry instead! :laughing: Oh, and Duckymomo!

That Phineas and Ferb meet and greet area is too cute! I want to meet them on my next trip, I wish Perry was with them though. :banana:

Aww, I love the Muppets! Bean Bunny is one of my favorites!

I saw that movie about Elmo's puppeteer! It is really good! The part with Jim Henson's memorial is so sad, though. I never knew what he died from, so I googled it after watching that, and it's just so sad. :sad1:

It really is cute! That'd be fantastic if they had a real Perry!!

Aww Bean is a cutie! He's just trying to help!! :laughing:

Isn't it just the saddest thing? Jim Henson truly was absolutely brilliant.

Cool update, Love the Muppet pics, we never get to slow down and get a god look at all the signs so it is neat to see them in your TR.

Thanks!!! The Muppets area is definitely one to slow down and take in the sights around. There's so much to see!

Fun update! I love the muppets, and am in the process of making DD watch all of the old Muppet movies. She sings Rainbow Connection all day long.

Being Elmo is really good! I really enjoyed it.

When we were at DHS they did the soft open thing too. Probably saved some injuries as I DH really to plow through some people. :lmao:

Thanks!!! Awww that's so fun! I sing the Rainbow Connection a lot too! :laughing:

Isn't it a great movie? I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

I really bet it did! It seemed so nice and peaceful!

I thoroughly enjoyed your tour of the Muppets. They hold a lot of fond memories for me because it used to be one of my kids' favorite shows when they were little. And their dad loved to do an imitation of the Swedish Chef which really got them laughing.

Welcome! Glad to have you here!! :)

Thanks!! Awww that's such a fun memory! :goodvibes

Sounds like we had pretty similar experiences going into DHS. :goodvibes And I did know about the cereal. For some reason, I was in 8th grade or so at the time, they became like, the "it" snack to bring in your school lunch. :confused3 As in, all the cool kids would bring little baggies of the stuff in their lunches. Whatever... it was yummy, though. "Pictures in My Head" is a great song. I really cannot say enough good things about the new Muppet movie and the music, which I get to listen to.... A LOT. Max loves it. :lmao: I saw that Elmo doc on Netflix and wondered about it. Perhaps Mark and I will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Hahaha that's awesome that the Muppets were the cool trend cereal! I don't actually remember the cereal, but it looks good!

The new Muppets movie is great, isn't it? I love that it really did capture the spirit of the Muppets, and brought in a whole new fan base!

Definitely check out the Elmo documentary, it's really fascinating!

Thank you for a great visit through Muppet Vision!

Funny, I don't think I have ever heard of a soft opening, what a great idea!

Any time!!! I think the soft opening is a regular thing now at DHS, it seemed to work well while we were there!

We're back from our trip and I'm all caught up with your report. Every time I see a post about breakfast at Kona, I think "Lisa ya'll need to go there sometime." I am sure that John would absolutely love the Tonga Toast since his sweet tooth looks something like a sabertooth lion's. :rotfl:

I'm sure you were excited when you realized that you were able to take advantage of the soft opening at Hollywood Studios. And, you really lucked up getting a Fastpass for Toy Story Mania with a return time so early in the day. :thumbsup2

Welcome back!!! I hope you guys had a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Hahahaha John and Wingnut sound like they are on the same sugar tooth page!! You definitely should give Kona a try then!

I couldn't believe our return time was within the same hour!! It was perfect!

Been reading the entire thread, and I'm loving it.

I'm currently down here at the Poly for the week, also in Tokelau, I can understand how you feel bout the resort, but I don't know, I think it has quite a few positives, but then again I'm a sucker for Earth Tones, Reds, Oranges, etc so it doesn't feel like I'm surrounded by depressing colors.

Yum! I love Tonga Toast! How nice to be able to just walk from your room to Kona Cafe!

I will have to check out that movie about Elmo! Sounds very neat since I am a Muppet nut!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter