AGLET – We're Gonna Tour The World Together! Updated 11/9!!!

Mmmmmm. Delicious Cali Grill. I've never timed it right to see Wishes from there. Someday I'll figure it out!

Totally with you on the bizarre-o floor numbers/elevator confusion at the Contemporary. I always end up outside of convention rooms and have no clue how I got there.

OH! Okay, I totally see it now. I'm actually wondering how I missed it before! :rotfl: Thank you for circling it for me!

I could have sworn I commented on your Cali Grill post but I can't find it! :confused3 Lost in cyber space?
Anyway, looks like a really lovely meal. What a fantastic view! Too bad the desserts weren't much to your liking. I don't like drinking coffee but I do like coffee flavoured things. :rotfl:

Seriously. Spicy kazan roll. I'll be eating it 16 weeks from today and trying not to lick the plate but I make no guarantees.

Best.sushi.ever. :love:

Moving on...honestly, I've yet to be impressed with a dessert from CG. I mean, they're okay...but just okay. I'm usually way too stuffed by the time it hits the table anyway. ;)

Mmmmmm. Delicious Cali Grill. I've never timed it right to see Wishes from there. Someday I'll figure it out!

Totally with you on the bizarre-o floor numbers/elevator confusion at the Contemporary. I always end up outside of convention rooms and have no clue how I got there.

Haha I'd love to try to figure out the timing better next time!

It really is weird! It just seems like we didn't end up on the number floor we wanted to more often than not! :laughing: I don't think we found convention rooms though!

OH! Okay, I totally see it now. I'm actually wondering how I missed it before! :rotfl: Thank you for circling it for me!

Hahaha no problem! It is a little blurry!

I could have sworn I commented on your Cali Grill post but I can't find it! :confused3 Lost in cyber space?
Anyway, looks like a really lovely meal. What a fantastic view! Too bad the desserts weren't much to your liking. I don't like drinking coffee but I do like coffee flavoured things. :rotfl:

Hahaha that's happened to me before too! It really was a fantastic meal! I'm not really a fan of coffee, drink or flavor.

Seriously. Spicy kazan roll. I'll be eating it 16 weeks from today and trying not to lick the plate but I make no guarantees.

Best.sushi.ever. :love:

Moving on...honestly, I've yet to be impressed with a dessert from CG. I mean, they're okay...but just okay. I'm usually way too stuffed by the time it hits the table anyway. ;)

Wingnut LOVED that sushi!! Yay for getting to have it again soon!

I know what you mean, the dessert I had was a bit lackluster (although Wingnut loved his!). But I was also definitely way too full to really have dessert anyways!

(Who am I kidding...full or not, I'd have eaten dessert if it was good! :rotfl:)

We woke up the next morning, and got ready for another Disney day, sure that we wouldn't experience transportation issues on our way to breakfast that day, because right down the pathway at Kona Cafe!

I think it's the motto of "always leave extra time when travelling in Disney" that sticks so securely in my mind that makes us perpetually early for our ADR's. Which is how we ended up loitering at the sushi bar outside of Kona at 7:15 that morning, waiting for the figurative gates to open.

Polynesian pic while we waited:

I decided to visit the nearby pin cart while we waited for 7:30 to arrive. I didn't get anything while I was there, thankfully I've never gotten into the Vinylmations or pin trading or any of those other Disney vices.

(Just dining. And Disney Dooney's. :rolleyes1)

(I also didn't get anything because the cart was not open for business yet.)

I meandered back to Wingnut, and we watched as a CM approached the podium. Breakfast time!!

We were very excited for our breakfast, as it had been a favorite from the year before, AND I was able to eat Tonga Toast, I mean cinnamon, again!

Good morning!

I had really enjoyed my hot cocoa here last time around, so I was sure to order it this morning again, despite my plan to eat a giant slab of sugar for my most important meal of the day.

:-)thumbsup2)

Clearly, our server was on the same page as me, not only giving me a heaping portion of whipped cream, but filling the spoon with it as well!

Wingnut loves loves loves the Lilikoi juice (and its other Disney property varieties), and so I made sure to remind him that this was one of the restaurants he was able to order it at.

W: Whatever that juice is called, it really is V8 Splash mango. That's why I love it. Lili-something juice? It's Disney for "we'll serve this at Animal Kingdom Lodge too, and nobody will notice." :laughing:

Then our batch of condiments arrived.

Clearly, at least one of us had ordered the Tonga Toast. Although if Wingnut had his way, the strawberry sauce would be served with everything on the menu. Including the Lilikoi juice.

Cue fanfare:

Yes, this was my plate, as promised in my PTR, the Tonga Toast was ordered! It was warm and sweet as usual. (Tonga Toast, if you have not experienced it yet, is banana stuffed sourdough bread, rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with the aforementioned strawberry compote.) I don't actually use the strawberry compote (not because Wingnut steals it all), but because there actually IS a limit to the amount of sugar I can consume for breakfast! :laughing:

A cross-section.

I had ordered the ham as my side meat (unaware at the time that you can also get an egg as a side. How great is that??), and it was a little more undergriddled than I had hoped for, but still good. W: Next time, I just want to have that sauce. I love that sauce.

(Told you.)

For his breakfast, Wingnut chose The Samoan. (Which is poached eggs with Hollandaise served over smoked pulled pork hash.)

W: I could have done without the microgreens growing out of the top of it. The pork had a nice spice to it, and the Hollandaise was tasty. I really liked the crouton hash underneath.

Stringbean full of sugar:

(Yes, my shirt is a hint as to where we were headed that day.)

Leaving the Polynesian, we headed for the bus stop. I took a picture of the monorail while we waited for the bus to arrive.

A few minutes later, we were off to our park choice for the day, in plenty of time for rope drop. (Or so I had thought...)

I always get so excited to try new dining places at Disney! Where are the new places you're going to be trying??

Akershus - Jill, John, and Brooklynn have been, but it will be the first time for Bella and me.

Plaza - We have an 11:00 ADR, so after a normal park opening morning, we'll eat and then probably go on back to the room for swim and naps.

Via Napoli - I am trying to decide between mushroom and prosciutto & melon. The latter intrigues me. If they had ham and pineapple, that would be my first choice.

Hurricane Hannah's - I have been told they have awesome burgers, so when we are over there visiting Wigd and Shocker, I plan to check on that. :thumbsup2

I think it's the motto of "always leave extra time when travelling in Disney" that sticks so securely in my mind that makes us perpetually early for our ADR's.

Polynesian pic while we waited:

We're always early, too, but when you get the chance to take nice pictures as you wait, that's a good thing.

I decided to visit the nearby pin cart while we waited for 7:30 to arrive. I didn't get anything while I was there, thankfully I've never gotten into the Vinylmations or pin trading or any of those other Disney vices.

I fought off pins for a while, but now I love to get one or two or three or four per trip that represent something fun we did, some new place we stayed, one of the girls' first times on a ride, etc. I love my pin board, and I keep at school right behind my desk to bring me instant happiness when I need it. :goodvibes

I do like Tonga toast. A lot. ::yes::
But I have to scrape out most of the banana mush. I just like a slight hint of the flavor, and I don't like the texture of the cooked banana. I do use the strawberry topping. Tonga toast is a winner, for sure.
The problem is, macadamia pancakes are also served here.
I like those also. A lot. :)

Oh, to be at the Polynesian this morning enjoying breakfast! :love:

I love that juice, too, and I find it funny that they serve it at Tusker House and call it something else. LOL.

I love how your server filled up your spoon with whipped cream. Your hot chocolate looks yummy !!

I vote Hollywood Studios for your park for that day. Psst - they let people in early now to avoid the TSM melee.

AHHH, what I wouldn't give for Tonga Toast for breakfast this morning! Mana of the gods, I swear! I think there is nothing better than starting a morning at the Kona Cafe, surrounded by the sounds and smells of the Poly lobby and leisurely watching the monorails go by!

I also love that you can get Tonga Toast at Captain Cooks, which I will be doing on our next trip. That way I don't have to worry about DS sitting through a sit down meal! :thumbsup2 Same yumminess, less hassle!

Oh, tonga toast. Sweet, sweet, literally sweet tonga toast. Happy sigh. :cloud9:

Sitting at Kona, sipping lilikoi juice, devouring tonga toast...it's sort of my happy place.

STOP THE PRESSSES....You mean I can just, like, mosey on down to my local grocery store and pick up a bottle of Liloki juice or whatever the heck its called in various Disney locations with a tropics and/or slightly exotic theme??? :banana: That makes me very happy, indeed, as I also love that juice.

I skipped the Tonga Toast and went with the Samoan while we were there for breakfast. It was delicious. Overall, we loved our breakfast there. :thumbsup2

And you're going to AK next, am I right? ;)

I fell three updates behind this weekend but now I'm all caught up!

Firstly (I think we all agree that 'firstly' is definitely a word, no?), your haircut is super cute! I need to get mine cut so badly...it's seriously been 2 years since I've had it done...I don't think I have quite enough to donate though.

I totally understand your feelings on the Poly. I really do want to stay there at some point, but I get the whole "it's really dark" thing. I was looking at pictures on someone else's TR a while back and I remember thinking that the room was really dark. And as I said previously, I had trouble navigating POP so I can only imagine how lost I will get at The Poly when I have a surplus of foliage to contend with and no 50 foot Disney icons. I already feel conflicted about it...:confused3

Secondly - Cali Grill...THANK YOU. We're going there this July for the first time and I was already really looking forward to it...you totally made me even more excited! And thank you for pointing out that the CR is confusing. I think I'll just have the mob wait upstairs on the 14th floor while 1 or 2 of us go down to check in. Seems pointless to have 8 people crammed into the Mystery Elevator, only to cram back in after check in.

Thirdly - I freaking love Tonga Toast. WITH the strawberry compote. I don't think I've ever had an experience where something was too sweet for me (yay for my endorphins, not-so-yay for my weight loss goals :laughing: ) Oh yes...and Lilikoi Juice (also called Jungle Juice at Boma) is AMAZING!

Yess, a Kona review! I'm eating there for my first time in Sept, only going to try the tonga toast! It looks sooo good!

Tonga Toast!! I've wanted to try it for years!! We had an ADR there in '09 and ended up sleeping through it... Bad!! This year we have an ADR there for EARLY on our Epcot Day... I haven't figured out how to get there on time from CSR though the person on the Disney Dining line said that buses won't go there that early?

The Samoan is what I will guess my hubby will eat!!

I believe the juice is POG juice no?

Mmm love me some Tonga Toast! :thumbsup2

Meeting up with P&F at DHS I hope!

Tonga toast is one of those things I've been meaning to try, along with my mom. We have grand plans of getting it from Captain Cook's one day and sharing it, because, yes, there IS a limit to the amount of sugar I can handle first thing in the morning. :laughing:

We saw P&F a couple times when we were there, and I kept hoping you'd get to meet them!

Your server knows what's up! Whipped cream in a spoon yall. It's the new thing.

Yeah, what is with the plant on top of Wingnut's breakfast? That just doesn't look appetizing. :laughing:

Hooray for Hollywood!

I had to laugh at Wingnut's thoughts during the meal. I am also not a fan of microgreens growing out of my dinner. Also, I don't want a microgreen salad. I want iceburg and romaine with lots of bleu cheese dressing. :lmao:

The juice is V8? Good to know, because I like it a lot, and when I drink a V8 product I feel very virtuous. I'll have to pick some up for one of those days when all I want to eat is cheese and potato chips. :thumbsup2

The Tonga Toast looks and sounds delicious. I'll have to give it a try one of these days.

Mmm that Tonga Toast looks SO good! :banana: I don't like bananas though, that's why I didn't get it when we went to Kona! However, I feel like I could possibly eat around the middle...

Brandon got the Samoan when we ate there too, he really liked it! We're going to have to go back there in November, I think! I just need time to fit it in! :laughing:

Aww, your shirt is so cute! I finally started watching Phineas and Ferb, I really like it! :yay:

Wow! I have only met 1 other person that is allergic to cinnamon! I wish my allergy would fade away, but it seems as though my food allergies have actually been getting worse :sick:

So happy for you that you got to enjoy the Tonga Toast! I will live vicariously through your trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter