After 3 Years Away it's the Newport Bay TR!

Even though it's not my favourite song, I must admit that I do come over all emotional when I hear several hundred children singing Let It Go together. :-)
Most definitely - goodness knows how many times I have sung that song - but seeing kids eyes light up and their hearts' take flight is priceless.

Are you all packed!? Hope you have a lovely time - I'm so excited to hear all about it xx

Hi Everyone! Here now!

I enjoyed a wonderful flight which was overbooked so for the first time ever, and I mean ever, I received a complimentary upgrade to Business Class. That sure made a 10 hour flight much nicer. The food was fantastic - will include photos later. We were 20 minutes ahead of schedule which I was so glad for because I had a tight transition to catch my TGV train to Disneyland. I made it with literally one minute to spare. The conductor did check tickets shortly after departing CDG - so I was glad I had validated it correctly - I was in such a hurry. My flight landed at 2:00pm and I was at the Disney train station waiting for my Newport Bay Bus at 3:15. So quick!

Check in was quick and easy - no queue- and I love my room. The new rooms are fresh and bright. The renovations have made the Newport Bay so lovely IMO - of course they aren't finished but really I do want to see this hotel be what it was intended so it is about time! I'll post pics later. I think the rooms and hallways are nicer than the pictures but I always feel like that at Disney Resorts.

Crowds! :crazy2: The shocker for me was the crowds at Disneyand Parc yesterday. I went over after check in - saw the parade - the crowds were massive - all through Disney village and the queue to Disneyland Parc to get in at 5:00 pm was a wait. So I stayed about an hour and left - back to the peaceful ambiance of my room. I think it is definitely holiday time here - and I am used to crowds - I live in Beijing. So I think it is just timing really - probably the crowds won't last - but I am glad that I didn't book the Disneyland Hotel (I really thought about it) as the crowds to get through were really massive - and moving back and forth was really a pain- I prefer the remoteness of the Newport Bay at this time. It is quiet and peaceful and the stroll by the lake a welcome respite after the crowded park. So happy with my hotel decision!!:cloud9:

Well I am up at 4:00am - yes - jet lag - but think I will definitely use extra magic hours this morning and check out the Studios later. Plan to be back at the hotel for a swim and sauna by afternoon. At least that is my strategy for the day!:):):)pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Last edited:
Oooh a lovely upgrade and a new room :dogdance: brilliant!

I hope things quieten a bit for you but I like your back up plan in any case.

Looking forward to seeing your photos :goodvibes

Oooh a lovely upgrade and a new room :dogdance: brilliant!

I hope things quieten a bit for you but I like your back up plan in any case.

Looking forward to seeing your photos :goodvibes

The new rooms are very nice!! They are doing major renovations - and I am so glad they are - but I haven't found the renovations to be disturbing really - I am just very glad they are doing them! A beautiful work in progress.

Things should be calm and peaceful by the time you arrive! Unfortunately I had no other option but to travel at this time. So I am glad that I have some time to spend and will see what I can at a leisurely pace.

What a great attitude to have. It's nice to have a slowere pace and take in all the details. Hope the next few days are fabulous and you enjoy it all. Thanks for all the info too xx

Pre Trip Hotel and Flight!

I decided this time around to book an airport hotel before my trip. This was the first time to do this but lugging my bags around the Beijing subway before a long haul flight at 6 something in the morning did not sound fun at all for me. And let's just say I am not getting any younger - I've been working really hard - and I decided to pamper myself a little. I booked the airport Hilton in Beijing and they were having a sale - so I decided to book the Executive Level as it really wasn't much more. This was the first time for me to do this as well and let me just say it was totally worth it! I don't think I will ever go back to hauling my bags around the Beijing subway before a morning flight again - lol! Ok now that I am totally spoiled -

I checked into my hotel at 2pm just so that I would have time to enjoy the amenities! And I didn't waste any time. I had a lovely afternoon tea in the lounge with a lovely pot of Earl Grey (which is not something I find so often in Beijing really) and some nibbles.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Don't know how I managed to miss photos of the lounge nibbles - but I did! They have a great breakfast and I can say I highly recommend this hotel - and definitely think the upgrade is worth it. Well that's for any of you who are planning a trip to Beijing any time soon.

The really lovely bit is because it is Chinese New Year, our flight was WAY over sold. Happily for me they were upgrading LOTS of people to Business Class. This is the first time in 20 years of international travel that this has happened for me so I cannot describe my delight! So of course I took a lot of photos!

ry%3D400

First of all the legroom!
ry%3D400

My really happy face!
ry%3D400

Some reads!

ry%3D480

Oh and the food - appetizers to start! Thank you Air France!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Ok that was the first round of food! LOL! But it was a 10 hour flight!
Round 2-
ry%3D480

Last edited:
So needless to say I arrived into Paris VERY well fed! Honestly I felt well rested too. The only hair raising bit was that I needed to get to the TGV office, collect my tickets and make my train in about an hour or 50 minutes. I new when I booked it that it would be tight but I didn't want to wait another hour and a half for the next train - so I went for it. Happily there was a really great lady working at the TGV office who could see my anxious face and that my train was to depart in say about 7 minutes and she put me through first. I collected my tickets (as I have a credit card with no pin so couldn't use the convenient machines) then made a dart for the train. I made it with literally one minute to spare but all went smoothly. I even remembered to validate my ticket which was good because for the first time ever they actually checked tickets.

I arrived at Marne Le Valle Chessy around 3 pm!
ry%3D400

Because of my mad dash at the airport I had NO time to try to get some Euros so I was hoping I wouldn't need any right away and I didn't - thank you Disney. I looked for an ATM but finding none working nearby I went on to the hotel and checked in. Check in was very quick and easy - there was no queue!

ry%3D400

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

And a few chockie pixie dust coins!
ry%3D480

Little note - just finished my first visit to the pool/sauna/steam room and I must say I am sold! I am now a fan of the Newport Bay Club. :cloud9: It is a three star hotel - not four or five - and it doesn't feel as "deluxe" or solid as say the Yacht Club at WDW (which was designed by the same architect) and I wasn't expecting it to be - but considering it is not a deluxe resort hotel - the pool, sauna and steam room put it into another category for me - let's say a three star hotel with some very nice amenities - +++. The new renovated rooms are fresh and bright, yet whimsical too - and the pool feels just a little "deluxe" to me. The Turkish Bath - aka steam room was - well perfect. I haven't stayed at the Sequoia Lodge or Hotel New York so can't really compare - but I do LOVE the pool amenities at the Newport Bay Club!:love:

I'm going to try out the buffet tonight which I have heard is excellent! We shall see!

sounds great so far! I was expecting the parks to be super busy and I actually found them a bit quieter than I thought they would be. still busy but not mental!

sounds great so far! I was expecting the parks to be super busy and I actually found them a bit quieter than I thought they would be. still busy but not mental!
I am so glad things seemed to calm down a bit. When I arrived, the crowds felt a bit manic but that subsided. Last night I went on numerous attractions at Disneyland Parc with little or no wait. And Dreams was peaceful and happy - not the crush I was fearing.

Days 2-8

I'll just post a few pictures of my days. As you can see the weather was everything from cold and riainy to cold and sunny and everything in between. My favourite meals were Bistro Chez Remy. I also enjoyed learning how to draw some characters at the Animation Academy in the Studios. Attractions that I still think are top notch - Big Thunder Mountain RR, Pirates of the Caribbean, and now I will add Rockin Roller Coaster - and of course let's not forget Ratatouille. Oh and I saw Dreams for the first time this trip - loved it of course!

ry%3D400

Breakfast at the Newport Bay Club - not hot items but I was really loving the bread and cheese.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

During wet and rainy weather, I always find the Studios a good choice - lot's to do inside!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The crowds were really massive at Ratatouille but the Single Rider line did not fail!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Bistrot Chez Remy was so good I booked it twice!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I really loved this dish! The cod on the Plus voucher menu.
ry%3D480

It was really gorgeous. Second time around I tried the steak which was good, but this one I loved!

Over the course of the week, we did have moments of good weather.
ry%3D400

I was thrilled for my first ride of the trip on Big Thunder Mountain RR.
ry%3D400

The queue at opening was huge so I bypassed and went on to Indiana Jones - grabbing a fast pass along the way - then returning for the ride - didn't have to wait long at all.
ry%3D480

The Newport Bay Club was serving breakfast in both the Yacht Club and Cape Cod restaurants - both were great - I think the Yacht Club was newly renovated.
ry%3D480

Breakfast was the same as usual -
ry%3D400

This is the view of the lake from the upstairs part of Earl of Sandwich - very convenient location! Dreary weather though -
ry%3D400

I learned to draw Pooh at the Animation Academy - this is something I often enjoy - "Art of Animation" in the Studios and like to visit as often as possible during a trip. It is basically why I decided to do what I do- I like the stories/films that Disney produces and the positive influence they can have in the lives of children. I may find that drawing Pooh is very useful while teaching kids- just don't know if I will be able to do it quickly enough!

ry%3D400

Wow wow wow love your photos! Business class looks amazing! And the Newport :love: I'm sold! You've got an artist streak, wonderful job on Winnie :thumbsup2
did you eat at Cape Cod after?
Hope you enjoy your last while in the magic

Wow wow wow love your photos! Business class looks amazing! And the Newport :love: I'm sold! You've got an artist streak, wonderful job on Winnie :thumbsup2
did you eat at Cape Cod after?
Hope you enjoy your last while in the magic

Thanks! I hope you have a great stay here! :):cloud9::) Of course I'm a little sad to be checking out today - but time to get back. Enjoy your final prep days and trip anticipation!

I did eat at Cape Cod and while I enjoyed my meal it wasn't my favourite buffet of the trip though perfectly satisfying. Maybe Agrabah was my favourite because I used to live in the Middle East and I was craving hummus(?) - I think I was craving near eastern cuisine to be honest - I also had a meal at Restaurant de Stars yesterday and really loved that one as well. I will be trying Walt's today for the first time ever so I am looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Thanks! I hope you have a great stay here! :):cloud9::) Of course I'm a little sad to be checking out today - but time to get back. Enjoy your final prep days and trip anticipation!

I did eat at Cape Cod and while I enjoyed my meal it wasn't my favourite buffet of the trip though perfectly satisfying. Maybe Agrabah was my favourite because I used to live in the Middle East and I was craving hummus(?) - I think I was craving near eastern cuisine to be honest - I also had a meal at Restaurant de Stars yesterday and really loved that one as well. I will be trying Walt's today for the first time ever so I am looking forward to it.

Oh hope you love Walts - such a beautiful restaurant!
I hate to be asking so much of you but you've just mentioned Agrabah so can I take advantage of your expertise? I was hoping to substitute Agrabah for Cape Cod if it suited so is it ok to ask what was on offer in Agrabah and especially what was on the kids section of the buffet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter