After 3 Years Away it's the Newport Bay TR!

Oh I wish I had paid more attention to the kids offerings!! Sorry, I can't recall! But maybe others will chime in or I'll have a brainwave and remember.

What I do remember are a lot of mezes (salads/starters) - eaten with flat bread - I love these so this was right up my alley. But it certainly wouldn't be for everyone's taste! Carrot salad, eggplant and olive oil, cucumber, yogurt, & mint salad, lentil salad, burghal salad, tomato salad - all of these had really nice olive oil and varying spices of the region and really great hummus and I am a picky hummus eater. Also olives - which were ok - (I lived in Turkey for seven years so I am definitely picky on the olive front).

For mains there was a spicy fish dish with pilav - loved this, chicken dish also regional, moroccan sausages, couscous which was really nice, a saucy tomato based vegetable dish to go on the couscous, swarma fixings (flatbread, shaved kebab (lamb I think), onions, yogurt etc. to go on it - I do remember a lot of kids getting this), for dessert of course baklava and various tarts which were kind of similar but with various fruits, also fresh fruit, and not so sweet saffron cookies.

Well, hope that gives you an idea anyway -

I am now famished lol!
Thanks so much for your help. My sister and I are keen to try it but I'm not sure about the kids. I might post a question on the main board. Thanks for all the info x

Hello :wave2: long time no see :wave:

I'm loving reading about your trip. The NPB looks really good too :thumbsup2 Yayy for the single rider line at Ratatoullie, fantastic. Nice to hear you enjoyed Chez Remy, we loved it too :cool1:

Sounds like you've had a great time so far - no doubt you'll be back home now. How cool working for Disney! Well done :goodvibes

I am now famished lol!
Thanks so much for your help. My sister and I are keen to try it but I'm not sure about the kids. I might post a question on the main board. Thanks for all the info x

Hope someone can give you more info!! I would have the same question if I was taking my niece!:)

Hello :wave2: long time no see :wave:

I'm loving reading about your trip. The NPB looks really good too :thumbsup2 Yayy for the single rider line at Ratatoullie, fantastic. Nice to hear you enjoyed Chez Remy, we loved it too :cool1:

Sounds like you've had a great time so far - no doubt you'll be back home now. How cool working for Disney! Well done :goodvibes

Hello! I think I did read your last trip report - checked out your dining review on Chez Remy's Bistro in fact!:) It was a very nice trip - good to see the things I have missed! But yes, I am back to work on Saturday (one of our busiest days) - but I do enjoy working for Disney!pixiedust:

Oh I did have a brain wave about kids offering at Agrabah when looking at some photos! They had tomato pasta (rigatoni) and meatballs in pasta sauce plus vegetable lasagna - didn't try it but I do remember now it was there!

Sounds like you enjoyed the trip! you lucky duck eating in chez Remy twice. we loved it too. and if say you were grateful for the single rider queue!

Oh I did have a brain wave about kids offering at Agrabah when looking at some photos! They had tomato pasta (rigatoni) and meatballs in pasta sauce plus vegetable lasagna - didn't try it but I do remember now it was there!

Thank you. Now that is an option. Going to have a discussion with the kids later :)

Your whole trip seems fantastic so far and I'm so glad you had such a great time!! pixiedust:

I'm also excited to hear that the Newport Bay Club was quite nice, especially with all the renovations. I had looked halfheartedly to figure out what the breakfast offerings were but I've been too lazy to actually figure it out, so I'm happy to see your pictures!

It's a bummer about the crowds, but at least it all worked out well... I never have any idea of when European holidays and stuff are, so I'm a little nervous I'm going to be shocked when I get there! Right now at home the parks would be fairly empty, so I don't have a clue!

I'm also excited to hear how you enjoyed Walt's!

What a lovely TR. :wave: Really pleased you had such a good time and lots of pixiedust: from the flight upgrade to the newly renovated hotel room. :goodvibes I'm doing a short solo trip to DLR Ca next month and really looking forward to it. :thumbsup2

Sounds like you enjoyed the trip! you lucky duck eating in chez Remy twice. we loved it too. and if say you were grateful for the single rider queue!

Yeah, that single rider queue saved me :)- I know I wouldn't have waited for 120 minutes which is probably the lowest time I saw on the regular queue.
Your whole trip seems fantastic so far and I'm so glad you had such a great time!! pixiedust:

I'm also excited to hear that the Newport Bay Club was quite nice, especially with all the renovations. I had looked halfheartedly to figure out what the breakfast offerings were but I've been too lazy to actually figure it out, so I'm happy to see your pictures!

It's a bummer about the crowds, but at least it all worked out well... I never have any idea of when European holidays and stuff are, so I'm a little nervous I'm going to be shocked when I get there! Right now at home the parks would be fairly empty, so I don't have a clue!

I'm also excited to hear how you enjoyed Walt's!

The hotel was nice - the interior, and the pool area were just fine. It was the outside that was covered in scaffolding, tarps - etc. Looks like they are doing the siding and the roof - really BIG job it looks like to me. You can order hot items for breakfast too - for somewhere around 6-7 euros I think, but I was eating so much amazing food anyway - I didn't want the extra- LOL!

If you are going in a week I do think the crowds will be better by then - at least what I have looked at indicates they will. Plus the Swing into Spring things have started so that's nice!! Hope you have a great trip!!!pixiedust:

Oh and Walt's was nice - I had a great table overlooking Main Street USA - I just wish I had ordered a different main. The butternut squash was excellent and the creme brûlée but I wasn't as fond of the salmon as I thought I would be. But I think most everything at Walt's is nice!

What a lovely TR. :wave: Really pleased you had such a good time and lots of pixiedust: from the flight upgrade to the newly renovated hotel room. :goodvibes I'm doing a short solo trip to DLR Ca next month and really looking forward to it. :thumbsup2

Oh lovely a solo trip to DLR Ca! :daisy: Have a great time! pixiedust: I think Disney is the perfect place to have solo trips - so easy to travel and lots to do. :cloud9:

Hello! :flower:

Really enjoying your trip report. I am very excited because I have just booked for Newport Bay in August - I've never been before so it's great seeing your photos!

So glad you have booked for August!! The pool at the Newport Bay is so lovely I would love to enjoy it in the summer! Have a great trip!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter