Adventure Insider Package

Add me to the list of people who have not recieved the insider package yet and I am one very unhappy camper. I am super busy at work and won't be able to call them until this weekend, maybe I will just send them a letter. I love the ABD trips but they are souring my opinion of ABD in general and I might actually look elsewhere this year.

ABD called today and it appears that everything is straightened out and I should be receiving the package and any further communications from now on. If you booked through a travel agent or if you booked through Costco you should call ABD. They told me that the problem was that I booked my most recent trip through Costco (I didn't book all 3 through Costco though). Not sure how I would have received any communication in this case, since the Costco number goes directly to ABD and there is no Costco travel agent as an intermediary to provide me with information. And I got the impression from what I was told that signing up at adventureinsiders.com was supposed to take care of it, but I signed up long ago and still didn't get anything. I'm happy that the problem is cleared up, and I appreciate that they called back quickly to let me know, but the whole process should have been automatic IMHO.

OK, so here's another interesting bit of information I just got from ABD. Whenever you sign up for a new Disney site (like adventureinsiders.com or whatever) when it asks you if you want to get emails from Disney or the family of Disney products you need to SAY YES, because, apparently, each time you sign up for another site with the same email address, it OVERWRITES what you've said previously. So if you said "Yes" on ABD's site, but then "No" on adventureinsiders.com (not wanting to duplicate emails or for whatever reason) the net effect is that you now have it set as "No" for ALL Disney sites. The ABD rep (Yvonne, who is great!) said they themselves just found this out recently. So this *might* solve some of the mystery about people saying "I opted in" but not receiving emails.

And remember that ABC is a part of all that, so if you signed up to vote for "Dancing with the Stars" and opted out there -- same system!

The ABD folks are keeping a running list of folks who qualify as Insiders, but haven't been getting anything, so if you fit into that category, call ABD! They'll be sending them to the folks running the Insider program (it's not the folks in Anaheim).

Sayhello

After repeated website registrations and phone calls to ABD, I have resigned myself to the fact that I am never going to receive the package. Can somebody who received it satisfy my curiosity and tell me what was in it?

After repeated website registrations and phone calls to ABD, I have resigned myself to the fact that I am never going to receive the package. Can somebody who received it satisfy my curiosity and tell me what was in it?

Hi Bobo912,

The package included a book about Greek mythology, a CD of Greek songs, and a little packet of 4 recipe cards. If you were thinking about booking the trip to Greece, this package would definitely get you in the mood to call...

Hi Bobo912,

The package included a book about Greek mythology, a CD of Greek songs, and a little packet of 4 recipe cards. If you were thinking about booking the trip to Greece, this package would definitely get you in the mood to call...

Thanks, DisFan10. That sounds like a nice little package. From what we've heard I guess there will be more to come, so maybe I'll get the next one, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

We have never gotten the package either. I registered myself and we have been on two of their trips. We even booked Greece. I also never get any emails either. Oh well, we will see what else we do not get.

Wellp, so, believe it or not, I *FINALLY* got my Adventure Insider package! :eek: I wonder if WeLoveABD and adambomb85 got theirs??? If anyone else would like me to talk to ABD on their behalf, I appear to have found someone at ABD who has figured out how to get these folks to actually *DO* something!!! Send me your RL name & email address, and I'll talk to her again. I know some people are just disgusted with ABD at this point, but I really truly believe that this Insider program is being run by a separate group. Hopefully things have been straightened out now.

Sayhello

Ours came today too.
Better late than never? Not really. We still feel forgotten and put on the bottom of the pile. It's the same package as everyone got earlier. Why wouldn't they put something different and a note about the overwhelming responce and sorry we didn't get it to you two months ago like everyone else.
Did everyone else already go on 5 ABD's?
Deep breath. I'm done.

Ours came today too.
Better late than never? Not really. We still feel forgotten and put on the bottom of the pile. It's the same package as everyone got earlier. Why wouldn't they put something different and a note about the overwhelming responce and sorry we didn't get it to you two months ago like everyone else.
Did everyone else already go on 5 ABD's?
Deep breath. I'm done.
I was wondering the same thing. Honestly? I think the group running this program ran out, and figured nobody would know the difference, and would just say "Oooo, cool!" when it finally came (since they didn't really indicate in the signup *when* to expect anything from them). I think they were oblivious to the impacts of Social Networking. That's just my opinion, but based on what I've seen, I doubt I'm far off.

Sayhello

Thanks for looking into this Sayhello! Nothing yet on our end--so I'll be on the watch. My view on all of this is pretty simple: it's just stuff. We pick our vacations based on what works for us, the location--swallow hard a bit on the price, but it's been worth it--and enjoy the memories. Promotional materials are fun but not the end all. And based upon the great treatment we received regarding the stolen passports etc at the end of our Peru trip, I cannot say that ABD ignores its guests or doesn't listen to feedback.

A few years ago I wondered about their promotional plans with respect to advertising this product--seemed like the lonely step-child of the Disney empire. That has certainly improved--I am seeing a lot more advertisements in travel magazines, on the web etc. It isn't a flawless operation, but in the scheme of things my complaints are small, my expectations remain large and I look forward to another adventure with ABD in 2012!

Oh--all of this is just IMHO of course!

Well, I received my package today too. But I was already at the point where I just don't care anymore. I guess ABD is trying to differentiate themselves from their competitors, but this isn't the kind of perk I'm interested in. It won't influence who I book with, but the two free hotel nights that Tauck offers will (and already did). I appreciate the effort ABD is making though and I'm glad to see Disney promoting ABD more this year. I hope they are successful in expanding their business. I would like to see them remain an option for the future.

I got my package today also. It is fun to look at, but it won't make a difference in my booking. For, us we need financial incentive to even consider affording an ABD trip.

I was wondering the same thing. Honestly? I think the group running this program ran out, and figured nobody would know the difference, and would just say "Oooo, cool!" when it finally came (since they didn't really indicate in the signup *when* to expect anything from them). I think they were oblivious to the impacts of Social Networking. That's just my opinion, but based on what I've seen, I doubt I'm far off.

Sayhello

I finally got the package today and to be quite honest I am not interested in the "oh a different group" is running the program. IT is ABD's sole responsability to ensure they were all mailed out and since they know full well how many people have taken their trips in the 6 years they have been in buisness so as far as I am concerned they screwed up again. I have just about decided on a trip for next year and it isnt' an ABD trip. They are driving me crazy with the waitlist dates and not being able to give a time frame as to weather or not you will know if the trip will materialize. The trips I was interested in have very few dates available and some of the trips don't have adult only options. I am truly disenchanted with ABD and I don't think I will be traveling with them next year.

I got the Greek package today w/ book, music and recipe cards. We booked Greece (and now cancelled to do DCL Hawaii in October instead). I still want to do another ABD as I enjoyed my first 2 but after comparing costs for our 2012 vacation choices we decided Hawaii is the next trip and will take a break from Europe. I did recently sign up for the Insider info.

Lo and behold in today's mail - what do I find - my Insiders package. I agree about AbD underestimated the power of social media (and of SayHello! - way to go!). It was nice to receive it and hopefully they have added us to future surprises or information that may come out...hopefully...not holding my breathe...

ABD has always suggested that these packages would be sent in waves.

A great many of my clients have received their packages over the last 10 - 12 days.

I believe we have just seen another wave in the delivery schedule.

Must have been another wave of shipments. We received a package today also. Our 9 y/o started reading the book on Greek Myths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter