Adventure Insider Package

I know I have signed up for the Insider and we did the ABD Germany last year but have gotten nothing (no emails, mail) about early booking and very disappointed.

It's been over a week now and still no package. Not sure if I should be :sad1: or :mad:. I don't really care about the package, but I do care about not being informed of any benefits that are or will be available for past guest. If I don't get something by the 15th I guess I will call ABD, but I'll be a bit irritated if it comes to that.

:eek: That is just awful on not getting it . Still for me the jury is out on what agency i will use. The prices are just too much sofar.:confused3

It's been over a week now and still no package. Not sure if I should be :sad1: or :mad:. I don't really care about the package, but I do care about not being informed of any benefits that are or will be available for past guest. If I don't get something by the 15th I guess I will call ABD, but I'll be a bit irritated if it comes to that.

You are not alone Bobo I didn't get a package yet either, I don't know if it is because they didn't ship it yet or if because since the storm over the weekend there has been a rather large tree blocking the street and another tree blocking the another street and UPS couldn't get to my house!

Tozzie, I hope our packages are on the way. I would be less skeptical if this were the first time, but ABD sent out emails in past years about the $100 loyalty discount and I didn't get those either. Seems like all I ever get are the mass marketing emails they send to anybody whose ever registered at Disney Destinations. Maybe tomorrow...

Tozzie, I hope our packages are on the way. I would be less skeptical if this were the first time, but ABD sent out emails in past years about the $100 loyalty discount and I didn't get those either. Seems like all I ever get are the mass marketing emails they send to anybody whose ever registered at Disney Destinations. Maybe tomorrow...

I don't get those emails either, maybe you and I are on some sort of bad list or something. I book through a travel agent now and I get all the information through them.

Did you get your packages yet??

I received our travel agreements in the mail the other day, and there was a "welcome back" type letter. It said that they've included some "special touches" in the vacation package, and mentioned a gift. But nothing looked different from our prior package, just the normal info on trip insurance, the travel agreement, etc. There wasn't a gift, and I didn't hear anything about that when I booked. Sort of funny, since I don't really think the gift is going to anything exceptional, but I would like to get it, since it appears that I was supposed to.

Have any of the other "early bookers" who've received their agreements in the mail seen anything like this?

I've gotten nothing and I don't think I ever will. I'm going to wait until the 15th since supposedly they are shipping packages up to that date. But it's been days since anybody has mentioned receiving a package, so I have a feeling that all the ones ABD is sending have already been shipped. So I plan to call next week and ask them to be sure to include me in the future. I am not at all pleased with the situation.

We have not received anything either. I did ask about it when talking to the ABD rep re pre and post nights on the Greece trip, and she was going to look into it. (I also want to note that my son had left his sunglasses at one of the hotels in our recent ABD trip to Peru, and ABD has found them and is mailing them to us--so I can't complain about the service/attention!)

I received our travel agreements in the mail the other day, and there was a "welcome back" type letter. It said that they've included some "special touches" in the vacation package, and mentioned a gift. But nothing looked different from our prior package, just the normal info on trip insurance, the travel agreement, etc. There wasn't a gift, and I didn't hear anything about that when I booked. Sort of funny, since I don't really think the gift is going to anything exceptional, but I would like to get it, since it appears that I was supposed to.

Have any of the other "early bookers" who've received their agreements in the mail seen anything like this?

I didn't receive the insider package yet either, it isn't even the package itself put the point of the whole thing and the games ABD is playing.

My confirmation letter mentioned the "free gift" that I had chosen as well. The booking agent never mentioned it.

DW and I:confused3 enjoyed both of our ABD trips. However, I am disappointed that, more than 45 days after our return from Germany, we still have not received a survey for feedback let alone anything about perks for booking an upcoming trip. As a repeat traveler, you would think that ABD would want to intice us to return. However, since they have not even sent us a survey despite a phone call to our travel agent, I am wondering if they are concerned about the loyal customer (who in this case is a DVC member).:confused3

DW and I:confused3 enjoyed both of our ABD trips. However, I am disappointed that, more than 45 days after our return from Germany, we still have not received a survey for feedback let alone anything about perks for booking an upcoming trip. As a repeat traveler, you would think that ABD would want to intice us to return. However, since they have not even sent us a survey despite a phone call to our travel agent, I am wondering if they are concerned about the loyal customer (who in this case is a DVC member).:confused3

That is about the only consistent thing I receive is the surveys after my trip usually within a few days of returning home

We just booked a trip and in the packet of info was the form to sign for surveys etc--did you fill something like that out? (This topic seems to come up every now and then--but generally it seems surveys go out, people are contacted, the VP has even made calls to people...so I respectfully disagree that ABD is not concerned re customer feedback or loyal customers. I'm not a DVC member, so not sure what special perks that provides--I know it is a timeshare deal, but we looked at it and it didn't seem to really pan out for ABD trips.)

That is about the only consistent thing I receive is the surveys after my trip usually within a few days of returning home

Same here. The only thing I consistently receive from ABD is the post-trip survey. I always sign the form in the reservation packet saying it is okay to contact me. It's a mystery to me why I am left out of everything else.

I called ABD today and the rep couldn't even find me in their system. Of course, I am there somewhere. When I call to book a trip they are able to find me. Anyway, she entered my info on adventureinsiders.com, which I had already done on 8/24 when tufbuf was kind enough to post the link. And she said she would send an email to someone to have the package shipped to me "if there are any left." And then I complained about what a poor job they are doing of implementing their return guest program. I am not a happy camper.

We have not received that Adventure package either. I have called and spoken with 3 different people about it. My husband and I both registered. We had an unusual booking problem (unusual for us, since our previous experiences have been wonderful customer service). We booked Greece the day before the official booking day. I asked for a pre night in the hotel and was told OK and given the price. When I received our information package, which btw didn't mention anything about a gift or anything else, (we booked through Cosco, so maybe that's why) it didn't show the pre night. I called and was told pre nights were sold out, they wouldn't be adding any more and she could give me the hotel phone number to book it myself, but Disney wouldn't provide transportation. I called again, spoke to a different agent, who said pretty much the same thing, but said he would see what he could do. When he didn't call back after the weekend, I called again. I got the first agent again. She insisted there was nothing they could do, the subject was closed, Burbank had spoken. I asked for a supervisor (I remained calm through all this, while there was steam coming out of my ears). The agent balked at me speaking to a supervisor, but I was finally able to convince her to pass me along. The supervisor said she would see what she could do after all the proper apologies. Well, the following day, she called back and said that we were all set with our pre night and she was trying to find out about our insider package. I think we all have to be persistant, but it's weird that Disney is letting customer service get so sloppy. I know I have read similar stories on the disboards from others, so I wasn't too shocked when we had to work so hard to get what we wanted.

I have travelled on 3 ABD's and recieved surveys promptly after the first 2, but on our last ABD in July we received no survey - and I have the paperwork that shows I sent the permission form. Definitely no rhyme or reason to who gets the survey.

I already got the survey from ABD for my Knights & Lights trip, but no sign of any insider package or anything. Like others, the only reason I knew about it was from Kevin or stuff that was posted here.

Go figure!

Sayhello

I called ABD today and the rep couldn't even find me in their system. Of course, I am there somewhere. When I call to book a trip they are able to find me. Anyway, she entered my info on adventureinsiders.com, which I had already done on 8/24 when tufbuf was kind enough to post the link. And she said she would send an email to someone to have the package shipped to me "if there are any left." And then I complained about what a poor job they are doing of implementing their return guest program. I am not a happy camper.

That's really messed up. I'm surprised they didn't blame it on the computer system or some other IT problem... :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter