Adventure Insider Package

abdalums

Earning My Ears
After four great adventures, we didn't book one this year because of scheduling issues. Given the economy, I thought it would be smart of ABD to market aggresively to loyal adventurers. They were apparently reading my mind. Today I received a fun package welcoming me to Adventure Insiders that included "gifts" as clues to a new destination. I was excited to see it is Greece! We have been waiting for Greece. As an insider--having already traveled two or more times with ABD--we will get a special preview on August 29. I have marked my calendar and I am ready to book. I am hopeful there will also be a early booking and/or loyalty discount. That would really excite me. I feel for those who needed to book a trip and couldn't wait for ABD to announce destinations and dates. I would suggest that you give that feedback to customer service. It seems silly that Disney is willing to lose customers by waiting until the end of August. Now, I need to keep my fingers crossed that I will book a trip that doesn't get canceled. We don't have much wiggle room in our calendar. So, anyone else interested in going to Greece?

How was this package delivered? I haven't gotten anything from ABD after 3 trips, including one last month. I will be really PO'ed if I don't get something from them. In previous years they sent out emails about loyaltly discounts to other past guests and I didn't get one. If ABD ignores me this time I'll probably be traveling with a different company again next summer.

My travel agent sent me an email last week with some information and said she signed me up for the Insiders Club as well. I have not received anything. I know my sister rec'd the same email from her and she has done 2 trips with ABD. Will have to ask if she got anything.

The package was delivered by UPS. It included a book of Greek Myths, a CD of Greek folk songs and greek recipes. The enclosed letter also said that we would receive free door-to-door transfer service to and from the airport. I thought that was previously included. One thing I have learned from fellow travelers on our adventures, there seems to be a randomness to perks. When we booked, our first two adventures we went through ABD directly. Then, I heard about Costco travel. So, last year we booked our Germany trip through Costco. We received $1000 in Costco gift cards! Additionally, we received the Disney perk of a free cruise for 4. (We didn't end up taking the cruise as the dates didn't work for us.) What was interesting is other travelers didn't get the cruise perk because they booked early (but didn't get an early booking discount) through an independent travel agent. So, those who booked early actually had no benefit, and the cruise perk couldn't be applied retroactively. So, it will be interesting to see who is an "adventure insider." i would suggest that if you don't receive a package that you call customer service and find out what's up.

My sister got teh cruise through an independent agency. It was about booking the trip between a set of dates, not where you booked it. I know she had to go with her second set of date choices, her first choice was full. Those must have been the people who booked early. While they did not get the cruise, I guess they got first picks.

Hmmm... Have not received a package either and I did sign up for that. We have done 5 ABDs already so we should qualify. They did call me last weekend and scheduled a talk with the VP. Don't really know exactly what that is about but they said new exciting things to come that I might be interested in.

Now I'm jealous. No VP wants to talk to me. :rotfl: I am wondering if Disney is reaching out to people who were loyal for years (in our case four) and then didn't book this year.

We received a free cruise on the Dream last Feb. It was great. Disney even paid for the tips. We put in for our daughter's Feb. vacation and said they were full. We declined and sure enough they called a couple weeks later and said you have the date. That is one thing that they did right.:banana:

Now I'm jealous. No VP wants to talk to me. :rotfl: I am wondering if Disney is reaching out to people who were loyal for years (in our case four) and then didn't book this year.

If that's the case, I'll be traveling with somebody else next year and give ABD a reason to reach out to me. But maybe I haven't gotten the package yet because my UPS guy usually comes around 6:00 in the evening. :)

My sister just got hers as well via UPS

Bobo, did your travel agent sign you up? do you need to even sign up?

My sister just got hers as well via UPS

Bob, did your travel agent sign you up? do you need to even sign up?

Is Bob me? I don't have a travel agent. From what Kevin said about the perks for 2+ timers, I didn't get the impression we would need to sign up for anything. But if we need to, I haven't been informed of any way to sign up.

Is Bob me? I don't have a travel agent. From what Kevin said about the perks for 2+ timers, I didn't get the impression we would need to sign up for anything. But if we need to, I haven't been informed of any way to sign up.

If you received the email from Kevin, there is a paragraph which says:

"Please make sure that you visit www.adventureinsiders.com before Sept. 12, 2011 and enroll in the program.", which I did.

Our UPS guy also comes in late so we'll see later today...

We didn't sign up before receiving the package. However, we did need to sign up to view the the trip preview for August 29.

Thanks, tufbuf. I didn't email Kevin. I forgot that he mentioned that. That's just silly though. Why don't they just send it to everybody who has taken more than 2 trips. Or at least send an email and let people who don't use a travel agent know that they can sign up. I guess I won't be looking for the UPS guy this evening and I won't get an invitation to the Aug 29 preview either. All of the good vibes I had after returning from SWS are wearing off.

How did they say the early booking will be done? It's not like we can book it online, we still have to call ABD and most likely they'll say to wait one more day.

Once again, ABD is choosing to eliminate anyone but U.S. residents from this program. This is completely ridiculous and unfair. I qualify for loyalty programs from every other company I deal with, and ABD always says "must be a resident of the 50 United States" - couldn't take part in the webcast, can't join the Adventure Insiders, but they'll gladly take my money for one of their trips. And when asked for an explanation, they can't give one - just keep repeating that it's only available to U.S. residents.

Not happy with ABD right now :sad1:

I have found they reach out to folks who haven't booked recently. I put off booking this year because I was waiting for the details on the DIS trip, and they sent me a "VIP" package (didn't really contain much).

But you can sign yourself up for this "Insider" program. Perhaps your travel agent did that for you?

Sayhello

The package was delivered by UPS. It included a book of Greek Myths, a CD of Greek folk songs and greek recipes. The enclosed letter also said that we would receive free door-to-door transfer service to and from the airport. I thought that was previously included.
This perk is from *your home* to your *departure airport* and back transfer service. To my knowledge, ABD has never offered that before.

Sayhello

This perk is from *your home* to your *departure airport* and back transfer service. To my knowledge, ABD has never offered that before.

Sayhello

And I am wondering if there is a limit to the distance from home to airport. We usually drive 200+ miles away to fly international since the airfare is much better than flying from our local airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter