*Adult* wedding guests who should not have been invited...

Oh! I just recalled one. DH's sister and her husband have no intention to have kids. They have never wanted them and it has never been a secret--they dated 18 years and people used to ask when they would finally get married and have kids and they would say they may or may not get married, but there would never be kids. At their wedding her boss and friend of many years stood up to give a speech which basically was a LONG rant about how they will never be a family if they do not have children, and getting married is pointless if they do not get over their "selfishness" and create a family, etc. I think everyone was too stunned to shut him up or take the mic (plus, he was her boss) but it was SO rude and hurtful. I was terribly angry on their behalf.

Didn't you just want to walk up, take the mike, say "Imma let you finish but..." and then turn it off and hand it back to the DJ/band leader? THAT would have been awesome!

Never had issues with adults at weddings. Guess we were lucky! Now kids weren't too bad but annoying getting under r everyone's feet. I prefer kid free weddings. Lol

Oh I like this game

At ours, my MOH ended up in the parking lot with on of my DH friends. Nice
Even better, she ended up dating the hookups brother a few years later. She was a friendly girl...

Went to a wedding last summer, my DH boss's son. A co-worker and his wife left, we wre all sitting outside. Next thing we know he is back with a drink. Turns out he forgot to give hte couple his card, so he came back in for that. And where was his wife? Waiting in the car while he 'just ran in'. What a tool

I would like to go back and uninvite a couple of my husbands cousins. One who gave us a check that bounced and cost us a bank fee and the other, who was recently divorced and RSVPed for himself and a guest who was not invited, then no-showed.

I have been to a wedding where a fight broke out. The brides father and step father. Very sad for the bride.

Well my ex wife showed up to our wedding. I should have uninvited her. No real crazy stories but she was scrambling to get people to come at the last minute because a lot of people flaked. So I met a few kid her coworker's parents who didn't speak English. My sister also invited a friend though we didn't give her a plus one. I never met the girl before but she was in all our photos because she sat in the aisle.

2)My DC's wedding: at a "member's only club" that the bride's dad was a longtime member of, our "country cousins" came in denim short shorts, wife beaters, and flip flops after stowing their kids at the closest McDonalds playland. When stopped and told there was a dress code, responded: "Hey, we were only told that kids weren't invited".
Yours?
Terri

That so reminds me of a friend's wedding, it was a guy I worked with and he warned us that the bride's family were real country folk lol. He mentioned it several times as perhaps being an issue since his own parents were so snooty lol. The bumpkins did not show up at the wedding, but came just after the reception started. So in they walk - the Clampetts - all in jeans, and talking loudly and saying things like "ain't this a hoot" and "Where the bride be at?" and my husband (whom I did not think to warn about them, it had dropped off my radar) looked at me in all seriousness and said "I just don't...is this some kind of interactive dinner theatre?" I nearly lost it. :lmao:

As he predicted, I later saw my friends' parents giving him a blasting over it, but he had no choice.

On a happy note, they are still happily married after 20 years! Woo-hoo.

So in they walk - the Clampetts - all in jeans, and talking loudly and saying things like "ain't this a hoot" and "Where the bride be at?" and my husband (whom I did not think to warn about them, it had dropped off my radar) looked at me in all seriousness and said "I just don't...is this some kind of interactive dinner theatre?" I nearly lost it. :lmao: Woo-hoo.
:rotfl2:

My own wedding.

Rehearsal went well, perfect timing, no issues.

Wedding day,

Walked down the aisle, totally uneventfully. Standing at the front of the church in front of family and friends.

Suddenly...

Side door of the church bangs open.

Now-EX-SIL and her two kids come in - not very quietly. Of course her heels must have had nails in them, because she made enough noise walking for ten tap dancers.

Thank GOD we didn't include her in the wedding itself.

I have a friend who is known for ALWAYS being late to everything. But when his son was getting married, we flew out to their city and stayed in a hotel. He said he'd pick us up on the way to the wedding. Father of the groom - he'll get us there on time, right? Wrong. He got to our hotel about 20 minutes after the ceremony was supposed to start. The whole way there he was talking to his son on his cellphone ("I'm almost there, I'm right around the corner" - we were NOT right around the corner) and driving like an idiot. Everyone was so annoyed at him by the time we got there, standing around waiting to start the ceremony.

My wedding was relatively uneventful, but my sister, who always seems to have things happen, has some incidents:

1. She had her wedding gown, and my mom had her MIL gown, custom made by a young man who had recently been featured in our paper for his work. By the time my sis and mom got to his studio, there was something seriously wrong - he was weak and could hardly finish a sentence. He assured my mom and sis that their gowns would be done in time, but as the wedding drew closer and closer, the dresses were not anywhere near done. They were finally completed by the desinger's mom, but when we got them, they were a mess - the seams were crooked, the shoulders were different widths, etc. Sadly, the designer passed away from AIDS-related complications just 2 months later.

2. At the reception for the same wedding, we were winding down the festivities at 11:45 pm, and the tornado warning sirens went off. A funnel cloud was spotted about 10 miles north of us. The entire wedding party, guests, hotel employees and other hotel guests were all herded into an airless basement storage room. There was my sis, in her lopsided wedding gown, mingling with other guests who were awoken from sleep and in their bathrobes. Quite a scene.

At my wedding my cousin's boyfriend had way too much to drink. I remember another cousin holding him up on the way back from the men's room and planting him in a chair. I didn't pay any more attention to him. After we got back from our honeymoon, my mom told me the drunk boyfriend announced to my cousin (at my wedding) that he had a wife and three kids in another country. He only came here to work and save enough money to bring them too. He and my cousin were living together and had a one-year old boy. I missed the aftermath of his revelation, but apparently my cousin was not happy about it!

When I was in college and had been dating my DH for four years, a high school friend of mine decided she liked him. She called him several times to ask him out. He said no and reminded her that he was still with me. She said I didn't have to know. She and I had been pretty good friends in high school, so I was quite surprised. One time after that I saw her in the grocery store. I know she saw me but she stood frozen, intently studying a package of cheese. I didn't say a word to her. So about three years later, I walked into my wedding reception and there she was. She was, of course, not invited. She had come as the guest of a friend who was invited. I don't blame him. He didn't know we were no longer friends. I did, however, think that she should know better than to show up at our wedding. She came right over to me and gushed about how happy she was for us. I was polite. Later she told one of my bridesmaids that she came to see all of her other friends whom she knew would be there. It wasn't that she had any desire to attend our wedding. Whatever! She moved to another state, got married and had four kids. After a few years, an old boyfriend of hers (whom I know well) decided he wanted to reconnect with her. He moved to that state with the express intention of "stealing her away from her husband" (his words). She left her kids with the husband and now lives with the boyfriend and his son. Kind of makes me sick.

Oh my! That does not bode well for the future family dynamics, does it?

How could you guess:rotfl2::rotfl2:. I think it lasted about a year. She was arrested for DV - can you say anger management.

Somehow I have a feeling that Bride may have been perfectly justified in whacking MIL in the head.

In most cases :thumbsup2 this time the MIL took away her like 20th drink:cheer2:

Reactions: HM
We did not have alcohol at our evening reception either. DH was a little taken aback at first at the idea, but neither he or I ever drink, and I didn't want any issues caused by drinking. Probably nobody would have gotten out of hand, but everybody got along fine without it and we saved money :)

We do not drink and did not have alcohol at our evening wedding either. We did not hear any complaints.

My mom tells the story of my Aunt's wedding years ago. I was there, but as a flower girl so I don't remember.

My aunt hung out with a rough crowd, and got married really young to a guy with a drug problem. The wedding reception was a free for all - people drunk and strung out dancing on tables and the card box was stolen along with most off the gifts.

My grandmother (MOB) is a no nonsense farmer woman. She finally had enough after telling a 20 something idiot guy to stay off the tables only to have him climb up there again. I guess he was lying on his belly on the table writhing around to the music when she picked him up by the collar and the seat of the pants, strode across the room in her floor length gown, hollering to my mother to open the door for her. She then chucked him right out into the middle of the parking lot like she would a bale of hay. It only took her another 3 minutes to completely clear of everyone else. At 82 years old, this woman is still a force of nature today.

My mom still laughs till tears run down her face when she tells the story.

Last edited:
A couple months before the wedding, we were standing in future FIL's driveway when a young gal whipped into the drive on a low tire & asked if future FIL could put some air in her tire. Being a farmer, of course he could. But, we found the whole exchange odd as she pretty much treated the stop as if she was pulling into a service station.

FF to the wedding day. This same gal & some guy crashed our reception.

So, we definitely had someone who didn't belong, but no she wasn't invited.

Reactions: HM
Our wedding was pretty drama free. The craziest thing that happened was a bridesmaid (we'll call her S) got drunk and was photographed as she took a photo down her dress with her cell phone to send to her boyfriend.

My friend's wedding the same bridesmaid as above (S) really made a name for herself. I had just had my second miscarriage a few weeks earlier so I was ready for a few drinks. The reception was open bar and the bride sat S and I right next to the bar. We both got pretty drunk but I handled myself better than she did. She reached between the legs of one of the groomsman and grabbed his crotch. Then she went out on the dance floor and grabbed the bottom of one of the guests dresses, pulled it down and let go. This made the dress fly up and everyone saw her everything!

S was riding back to the hotel with DH and I. When it came time to leave we couldn't find her. We looked everywhere. We went back to the hotel to see if she had come back but she hadn't. We checked all the local bars on the same street and drove up and down the road looking for her. Finally we went back to the venue and the mother of the bride was packing up. She said you must be looking for S. Out she stumbled with vomit in her hair and wearing someone else's shawl.

Turns out the handicap stall in the bathroom looked like a closet which is why I couldn't find her when I was looking in the bathroom for her. I don't remember if they found her there or she stumbled out of the bathroom to find the reception had ended.

The bride was mortified!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter