*Adult* wedding guests who should not have been invited...

Unfortunately, the first wedding that I went to for a HS classmate had an open bar. I was only 18, but hey, it was free, right! I got so drunk, but I'm told the worse I did was giggle so much trying to puck a napkin off the floor. It felt like someone was holding me down!

If there were any incidents at either if my sons' weddings, I wasn't aware of it! (Thank heavens!)

Here's the scenario (about 30 years ago): Young bride is marrying older "mystery man" (you know...nobody knows much about him, how he makes his money - "he has deals", he's out of town and unreachable a lot, etc.).

The wedding is in a nice hotel. Wedding is going to start shortly but the groom hasn't showed up yet (he's supposed to be bringing the officiant with him). Now, her (definitely uninvited) ex-boyfriend walks in. He's tipsy but is behaving himself, so he's allowed to stay.

"Mystery Groom" arrives in a tux but with no officiant with him. He does however, have a teenage boy with him who is apparently a son that nobody knew about. All concerned adjourn to another room for discussion. Father of the bride comes out shortly and says there is not going to be a wedding today but please help yourself to drinks and snacks and he will be back out in a while. Some people leave but most want to hang around and find out what's happened.

Some of the wedding party come back out (needless to say, the bride has departed) and slowly the word gets out: "Mystery Groom" (hereafter referred to as "Scum of the Earth") hasn't actually got around to divorcing his last wife yet. Buzz, buzz, buzz. "Scum of the Earth" then comes out and is circulating around talking to people. Afore-mentioned ex-boyfriend approaches him with his hand out. "Scum" obviously thinks he means to shake his hand and extends his. Ex-boyfriend then delivers a KO punch directly to "Scum's" nose and knocks him unconscious. Ex-boyfriend is spirited away. "Scum" is carted off to the emergency room where he will hopefully have some human decency transplanted.

Everybody drinks as much as possible, presents brought to the hotel are handed back and all concerned go home to start life over.

Two years later, bride marries a real nice guy and as far as I know, has lived happily ever after.

At one point in my life, I would have thought the light saber fight between the bride and the groom would have been darling, but I actually found myself commiserating with the bride's grandmother. She had a look on her face that said, "I missed my Bunco game for this?" Certainly not the worst wedding guest behavior I've seen, but I had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom with a fit of giggles.

This isn't really about unruly guests, but it's a funny wedding story.

DH really wanted the son of one of his mentors as the ring bearer at our wedding, so I agreed, provided that the real ring was secure in the Best Man's pocket, and not on the pillow. It's a good thing I insisted, because as Jimmy came down the aisle, the fake ring rolled off the pillow under the pews on the groom's side of the church. Luckily, he was almost to the altar and the ring had momentum - DH's father grabbed it as it rolled by his feet and passed it up to the Best Man. When it came time to exchange rings, Jimmy was horrified to realize that he didn't have the ring anymore and proceeded to check the floor all around him, his pockets and asked everyone around him (in a stage whisper) if they had the ring. In the meantime the rings were blessed and exchanged with the little glitch that the Best Man pulled the fake ring out of his pocket and gave it to the minister, who took it without really looking at it. Best Man realized his mistake, reached out to take the ring back while the minister insisted on holding on to it. This little tug-of-war went on for about 30 seconds (it seemed like an eternity!) when I reached out, grabbed the fake ring, jammed it on my thumb and gave the Best Man a look that said "come up with my ring or die right here and now!" He found it right away and the ceremony went on without further ado.

Later at the reception, my mother, who had a front row seat to the whole fiasco, and I were laughing about it when DH asked what was so funny. We said "Jimmy and the ring!" DH looked perplexed and had absolutely no idea what we were talking about. He was oblivious to the whole episode!

Queen Colleen

My BIL (the best man) whose toast consisted of talk of a dog (that wasn't their family pet) growing up that liked my husband. The toast contained not a single word about me or us or anything wedding related.

The girls who walked in off the street to dance because "it looked like we were having fun". Oh, wait they weren't invited in the first place. My cousin who was drunk during dinner and hit the waiter carrying the flaming Baked Alaska and nearly started the place on fire.

Yes, I could have done without all of them.

When my mom and stepfather married, they held their wedding and reception in the community hall of our apartment complex. My aunt flew in from the East Coast, and asked if she could invite a longtime friend of hers who lived near my parents. The friend came, and brought an uninvited guest with her. Both wore swimsuits and flip-flops to the wedding and reception. My aunt was furious, and that was the end of the friendship.

At my sister's wedding her SIL's then boyfriend had a row with the SIL and stormed off to the hotel room and punched a hole in the wall in temper. Fortunately he owned up and paid for the damage

At a recent wedding the groom's twin sister set his hair on fire during the sparkler "retreat". (I don't what else to call it- when the bride and groom were leaving for the evening and everyone waved sparklers around. Note to self- do not mix alcohol and fire!).
Twin sis thought it was HYSTERICAL. The bride- not so much.

Some of these made me laugh so much!!

I don't have any stories from weddings I've attended, and I pray that I don't have any stories after my wedding next summer.
However... I used to work at a hotel, and one wedding springs to mind.

The bride wasn't feeling well, so she went back to her room for a lie down. The wedding breakfast was finished, and the DJ was in full swing. She called down from the room saying there was a problem with the lights. I went up to investigate. Long story short, a few of the couples friends had been into the room earlier in the day and had a little fun (or what they thought was fun)! They'd put empty chip wrappers under the bed sheets, and they'd unscrewed all the light bulbs just enough that they wouldn't work, but they wouldn't fall out! Needless to say, the bride and groom had an extra fee on their bill - electrician call out fee!
This was the same bride that I undressed... her MOH didn't want to ruin her nails undoing all the buttons on the back of the Bride's dress, so they asked me!

Attended a wedding where the bride got high before the ceremony, and the whole bridal party got either high or drunk during the reception. Which led the a guest or groomsman (can't recall) attempting to jump from the 2nd floor hotel walkway into the pool. He didn't make it and broke a few bones.

At my wedding we ended up with a few additional guests than those who had RSVP'd. Our day of coordinator asked my aunt to let me know that they would be charging us for a few additional plates of food. No biggie. Instead my aunt takes it upon herself to announce that it looks like they and my grandparents wouldn't be eating. Misunderstanding that didn't need to be announced.

At my brother and SIL's wedding 3 yrs ago we ended up at the little bar in the resort lobby drinking til 2ish. During that time one of my brother's friends got so drunk I was concerned he was going to make a mess and I got help taking him outside where he passed out. A bit later one of the resort staff came by with a golf cart to take M back to his room and when they picked him up to throw him on the cart his foot landed on the peddle and the cart flew forward with no one driving and hit a firepit throwing him out of the cart onto the ground. By the time I made it outside after making sure someone else made it to their room I arrived just in time to witness one of the groomsmen trying to wake him up and it can't be explained but the way he said "Hey M, this is your boy Will" had me doubled over howling with laughter, it still makes me laugh. They finally got him back to his room and he was fine the next morning if not a tad hungover. I should add my brother and SIL were in the lobby with us and my brother was more than a little drunk and had his tux pants on inside out. Later my SIL told me that she's had several people tell her that the wedding was one of the best parties they've ever been to! The wedding itself and reception were both absolutely lovely with no issues, it was the afterparty where things got entertaining. My mom and I have the same (unique) laugh and my grandfather commented to her the next morning "why were you up at 2 am laughing so much??" she looked at him and said "do you think it was really me?" haha I guess I woke him up laughing at the golf cart fiasco.

We were talking about this last night & I remembered 1 more, it was at my wedding.

Who shouldn't have been there - my groom:rotfl2::rotfl2: Well more clearly - his GIRLFRIEND!! :confused3 So 96 days later I reversed my decision, can you say annulment. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Nothing major for first story: my mother and her then husband were doing a vow renewal after 10 years. The husband's paternal side of the family (aunts, uncles, cousins and their children) of about 20 or so people had RSVP'd that they would be coming. Come the day of the wedding, my mother is waiting to walk down the aisle, and none of these people have shown up. About 30 minutes pass before we give up on waiting and get on with the ceremony. They never showed up, not even for the reception. Never hear from them again (and mother and husband divorce a year later).

I have an entertaining one for my borther-in-law!
It's the wedding rehearsal dinner and my brother-in-law and his fiancee want people to give speeches at the rehearsal and not the wedding, since they are on a strict time limit for the wedding. Finacee's sister gets up to speak and it is unbearable. I had been around Finacee's sister before and she is the type of person who just seems to have lots of problems and she can only say negative things. During her whole speech she talked about how terrible my brother-in-law was for taking her sister away from her, how she was going to miss her sister and how unfair it was all for her. Then she demands that they (brother-in-law and finacee, bride and groom) stop looking at her while she gives her speech! Even though she is sitting right next to the bride! The sister continues her rant for several long minutes with the bride and groom awkwardly looking to opposite way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter