Adult only trip can we use kids AP's to get additional FP's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lori/kylie71 - maybe you are thinking of the magic band FP system at WDW? There if you stay onsite you can pick your 3 a day FP 60 days out, as opposed to 30 days for everyone else.

I was mistaken, I was thinking of a promotion I guess.... since I am staying on SITE for the first time since 1999, I have learned a lesson today as well!
Thank YOU,
--Lori

SOMETIMES Disney runs a deal for hotel stays that is a package and includes ONE extra FP to any attraction per person in your party. But this is not a standard practice, so staying onsite without booking that particular package (when it's available, and it's only for small periods of time once or twice a year and sells out quickly) will not automatically get you more FPs.
There have been various FP offers for onsite guests, since at least 2011.
The early promotions gave FP to all hotel guests, but now guests must book a specific package.
A current example:
AP_FP.jpg

If you stay ON SITE, you do not have to wait for the "window" to open to obtain Multiple fast pass, as you do IF you stay Off SITE.....
Have you been to Disneyland before?

--Lori

Lori, have you been to Disneyland before?? :scratchin This has never been a practice at Disneyland as long as I have been going there, and I've been going for a while.

I would assume the OP has been to Disneyland multiple times since they have Annual Passes.

To answer the OP - Yes, you must have the tickets scanned before you are able to get Fast Passes. One time there was a glitch with one of our tickets that didn't get scanned at the gate and when we tried to get a FP, it said something like "Sorry, this is not a valid theme park ticket" or something like that.

Lori, have you been to Disneyland before?? :scratchin This has never been a practice at Disneyland as long as I have been going there, and I've been going for a while.

I would assume the OP has been to Disneyland multiple times since they have Annual Passes.

I have been twice year, since 1976!
I apologized for mis-info. I have not stayed on SITE since 1999, Before Fast Pass.... I thought I read it somewhere........
Extremely Sorry for any trouble.

Thank YOU!

--Lori

I have been twice year, since 1976!
I apologized for mis-info. I have not stayed on SITE since 1999, Before Fast Pass.... I thought I read it somewhere........
Extremely Sorry for any trouble.

Thank YOU!

--Lori

I think people were annoyed with you because you were kinda mean and judgemental to the OP, but you have apologized and clearly learned a lesson so I think we can all let it Gooooooooooooo :)

(By the way, I didn't think it was a big deal to grab extra fast passes but the Morality Police seem to think so)

I think people were annoyed with you because you were kinda mean and judgemental to the OP, but you have apologized and clearly learned a lesson so I think we can all let it Gooooooooooooo :)

(By the way, I didn't think it was a big deal to grab extra fast passes but the Morality Police seem to think so)

I don't think the morality police came out. The OP asked a question about an idea to circumvent the system. Replies essentially said that one should not take more than they are legitimately entitled to, basically common courtesy.

I don't understand what you mean here, could you be more specific? How would staying on sight allow us to get as you say multiple fast passes? And i assume you meant to say stay on site not sight?
I believe what Kylie was referring to was a promotion by AAA back in the late 90s, early 2000s, where if you booked a DLR room and bought tickets through AAA you were able to hold all the fastpasses at one time (you couldn't get a second fastpass to the same ride until your time came.) But you could hold a FP to Space Mountain, Splash, Indy, Big Thunder, Star Tours and Buzz all at one time without waiting for your 2 hour window. It was called "Enhanced Fastpass". It ceased to exist in the late 2000s when AAA and DIsneyland parted ways.

I believe what Kylie was referring to was a promotion by AAA back in the late 90s, early 2000s, where if you booked a DLR room and bought tickets through AAA you were able to hold all the fastpasses at one time (you couldn't get a second fastpass to the same ride until your time came.) But you could hold a FP to Space Mountain, Splash, Indy, Big Thunder, Star Tours and Buzz all at one time without waiting for your 2 hour window. It was called "Enhanced Fastpass". It ceased to exist in the late 2000s when AAA and DIsneyland parted ways.

Yes, Thank You!

--Lori

There is one thing that will get you extra fastpasses. I only recommend this if you are already interested. If you go to a Disney Vacation Club spiel, they will give you some extra FP to "repay" you for your time out of the park - they said an hour. They offered this on our last day and I didn't want to miss our last minutes in the park so I declined. Ithink also lunch, but I'm not sure. When we stayed a few years ago, they offered a $50 gift card with a note in our room (onsite PP). I would love to do DVC but it is not in our budget so I haven't gone to the presentations.

I don't think the morality police came out. The OP asked a question about an idea to circumvent the system. Replies essentially said that one should not take more than they are legitimately entitled to, basically common courtesy.

I simply asked whether an annual pass needed to be scanned to be able to get fast passes. So basically I was asking how the system was already set up, not for a way to circumvent it. Also as you state I would be taking more than I am "legitimately entitled to". That is also debatable, I purchased all 4 of the annual passes so I feel that I should be able to use them however I wish as long as it is within Disney policy. Now that I know that I can't, I won't, but I don't like being labeled as someone who is trying to cheat or scam the system.

by the same logic, anyone who gets a fastpass using their child's ticket/AP for a ride for which their child is not tall enough is scamming the system.

Long story short, the morality police did come out.

Last edited:
I simply asked whether an annual pass needed to be scanned to be able to get fast passes. So basically I was asking how the system was already set up, not for a way to circumvent it. Also as you state I would be taking more than I am "legitimately entitled to". That is also debatable, I purchased all 4 of the annual passes so I feel that I should be able to use them however I wish as long as it is within Disney policy. Now that I know that I can't, I won't, but I don't like being labeled as someone who is trying to cheat or scam the system.

by the same logic, anyone who gets a fastpass using their child's ticket/AP for a ride for which their child is not tall enough is scamming the system.

Long story short, the morality police did come out.

I'm sorry you're offended. But common courtesy aside, it's common sense that only the owner of the pass can use the benefits of it. Other people using a benefit incorrectly e.g. the short child example, has nothing to do with the legitimacy of your proposed idea. Regardless of who paid for the passes, the person whose name is on it is the exclusive owner of it and its benefits, in this case your children. That's how it works not only with Disney passes but for all other passes we have.

In any case it's good that you asked. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Short child example was purely a mote, beam exercise on being judgmental.

I agree with you, if you paid for it, you should be able to use it. When our son was too short to do rides, you bet we used his ticket to help with fastpasses, because we paid for it. A butt in a ride seat is a butt in a ride seat, regardless if its everyone in your party once or everyone but one once and you twice. We've also been accompanied on our trips by elderly relatives who have no interest in doing most rides and who have allowed us to use their tickets for fastpasses. Again, the ticket has been paid for, and in this case the owner is giving their fastpass away. its not scamming the system, its using what you paid for, or what someone else has paid for and who is willingly giving it to you. No shame in your question mabird.

I agree with you, if you paid for it, you should be able to use it. When our son was too short to do rides, you bet we used his ticket to help with fastpasses, because we paid for it. A butt in a ride seat is a butt in a ride seat, regardless if its everyone in your party once or everyone but one once and you twice. We've also been accompanied on our trips by elderly relatives who have no interest in doing most rides and who have allowed us to use their tickets for fastpasses. Again, the ticket has been paid for, and in this case the owner is giving their fastpass away. its not scamming the system, its using what you paid for, or what someone else has paid for and who is willingly giving it to you. No shame in your question mabird.
You're only entitled to pull an FP of your AP has been used for admission that day. DLR cannot reserve or issue FPs to everyone who has paid for an AP every day their AP is valid. You go to the park, you get to the FP machine first, you're entitled to an FP. Whether or not you give it away doesn't seem to be something Disney has taken a position on. But having to scan your AP or ticket for admission before getting an FP is something they've established as a requirement.

The big difference here is that your family's butts are actually in the park.

You're only entitled to pull an FP of your AP has been used for admission that day. DLR cannot reserve or issue FPs to everyone who has paid for an AP every day their AP is valid. You go to the park, you get to the FP machine first, you're entitled to an FP. Whether or not you give it away doesn't seem to be something Disney has taken a position on. But having to scan your AP or ticket for admission before getting an FP is something they've established as a requirement.

Absolutely no disagreement. My point was, if I've paid for three tickets/APs, and all three tickets/APs have been scanned for entry, then I am entitled to use all three tickets/APs to obtain fast passes as I see fit. If my son wants to go on Indiana Jones with me and his mother, then we get three fast passes, one for each of us. If the wife and I want to go on CA Screaming (which the son is not tall enough for) then the wife and I can get fast passes, and if we so choose, use our son's ticket/AP to get another, which we can use ourselves or give away freely.

Doing this is not "scamming the system" to get "free" fast passes (not your quotes but rather general sentiment of some on this board). Whoever disagrees, I cheerfully invite them to a) have a child, b) take said child to Disneyland, and c) buy said child a ticket to Disneyland, and see how "free" those "free" extra fast passes really are. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter