ADR Changers - We still don't know what we want for dinner!

I am sitting back and letting them go with all the changes !!:rotfl2:But being me I will have to make some trouble in there with asking if the restaurant has poles or something like that!!!:rotfl2:

You need to ask what their "in restaurant dancing" policy is before booking ADRs. :lmao:

I am definitely in the right place! Amandaw - I'm with you...my email inbox with all of my ADRs and ADR cancellations is completely excessive and ridiculous, but I can't help myself. And just when I thought I had it right, I decided to switch resorts so...looks like change is in the air. :-) We are going to be staying at the BC for 7 nights in September. MNSSHP our last night. DS5 and DD16mo so character meals are definite must dos. Also on the deluxe dining plan. I know many say it's not worth it, but if we're going to do the character meals and signature restaurants, etc. we usually save money (shock!) especially with DH and my tastes. :-) Generally I try to mix some of our favorites with some new places to try. I'll give you a rundown after I get the most current ADRs scheduled. :-)

amandaw said:
So, I'll get the party started with 1 of my many ADR conundrums. In real life, we are not big breakfast eaters. My DS (he'll be 4 in March) likes breakfast a lot. But he's good with anything from pop tarts to a full on breakfast (eggs, bacon, toast, etc). But, for some reason, in our Disney life, I find myself wanting to book all of those table service breakfast meals. These are all of the ones I'm considering for our December trip:

Kona Cafe (this would be our 1st time)
Chef Mickey's (we've done it before & our son loves it)
Crystal Palace (would be our 1st time; our son likes Pooh bear & friends but doesn't love them)
Kouzzina (another 1st for us)
Cinderella's Royal Table (yet another 1st for us - I know I'm the only girl in my family but darn it I want to eat in the castle! :lmao:)
Tusker House (another 1st - this 1 is probably at the bottom of my list)

While I think they would all be great, I don't want that many big breakfasts during our weeklong vacation. I can't tell you how many times I've changed my minds on which ones we'll do this time around. Any words of wisdom out there about my list?

I will probably get a bunch of booing on this one, but I wasn't as impressed with Kona and their tonga toast...CM is a definite yes for us, but they also do dinner if that works better. Crystal palace we generally do as well, but my DS loves Tigger. :-) CRT was a first for us during our last trip and we had an awesome dinner in the castle and my DS liked the princesses (and LOVED) Ariel. Tusker House will be a first for us this coming trip! Also like Hollywood and Vine (breakfast or lunch) and we're doing Ohana this time since DS has a newfound love of Lilo and Stitch. Also loved the strawberry soup at 1900 park fare breakfast and am considering Akershus this trip.

amandaw said:
...I'm always worried about just trying to make everything as good as possible for my family.

:sad:

I know the feeling...I'm a perfectionist for some reason when it comes to Disney vacations...

hooch11bear said:
Yeah, it's in the Dolphin. I think the only reason he wants to go there is because of the lobster. Not quite sure what I would get there. Just curious to see what others opinions are. He ususally picks out the restaurants he likes according to what kind of seafood they have there. Now, I like to pick a restaurant according to what kind of desert they have :rotfl:

We love Narcoossee's for their surf and turf and Fulton's anything. :-). So excited they're part of the DxDP even if they do take 2 credits.

LuvLuvLuv said:
Sheila! Their lunch is great!! I'm not a fancy eater by any means... but they have a realllllllly good burger and fries!! Onion Soup, Burger and Fries, and a piece of Chocolate Cake!! Simple meal!! Tell DH to look at the menu again!!

Mmmm...that sounds devine to me!

princessbride6205 said:
Our other problem is that about half of the TS places we like are in Epcot, but I can't plan to be in Epcot every day.

That's my problem too! So I switched our resort from CBR to BC. :-). Problem solved! Sorta...

amandaw said:
I was just thinking about Hollywood & Vine. We've never done that character meal before. I know my son would love the characters, especially now that Jake from the Neverland Pirates is there. But, I really don't want to do breakfast because that could mess up the TSM strategy. :confused3 Wonder if lunch is any good.......

Surprisingly, yes it was good at lunch. The salmon was pretty yummy if I remember correctly and I was happy to go for lunch so as to not have the same breakfast buffet items as most of the places do!

And AmandaW, good luck with your DS and Haunted Mansion. mine's 5 almost 6 and he still refuses. Even though he loves Halloween and is really looking forward to MNSSHP and the parade, etc.

amandaw said:
You're right....it is hard to mess up breakfast! The later breakfast could work....maybe do the last breakfast ADR of the day so that it's like brunch. Now, you have me wanting to see Jake! :laughing: Am I wrong in thinking that Jake is also doing meet & greets in Animation Courtyard?

He's right outside the Disney Junior show and I've heard they do a dance party there with him and other Disney Junior characters during evening EMH!

amandaw said:
To me, the pain of leaving Disney is eased somewhat if you can have one last Disney moment before leaving. :thumbsup2:

Thinking of spending our last morning with a character meal? Perhaps Akershus since we'll be at BC. But are 2 princess meals too much for one trip? My son loves Ariel and will put up with the others. My DD is only 16months, but she seems to like the Disney princesses? And I love Snow White and Belle. :-)

I am definitely in the right place! Amandaw - I'm with you...my email inbox with all of my ADRs and ADR cancellations is completely excessive and ridiculous, but I can't help myself. And just when I thought I had it right, I decided to switch resorts so...looks like change is in the air. :-) We are going to be staying at the BC for 7 nights in September. MNSSHP our last night. DS5 and DD16mo so character meals are definite must dos. Also on the deluxe dining plan. I know many say it's not worth it, but if we're going to do the character meals and signature restaurants, etc. we usually save money (shock!) especially with DH and my tastes. :-) Generally I try to mix some of our favorites with some new places to try. I'll give you a rundown after I get the most current ADRs scheduled. :-)

:welcome: I'm so glad you found us! :goodvibes

You are most definitely in the right place! I'm constantly cleaning up my email inbox to get rid of the reservation emails that I have cancelled.

7 nights at BC sounds great! I used to not think much about that resort but the more I see/hear about it, the more I want to stay there. It looks really pretty.

I really want to try the DXDP one day. I looked to see if it would save us any money for our upcoming trip and it really didn't. Maybe another year. I can't wait to see your schedule of ADRs.

I know the feeling...I'm a perfectionist for some reason when it comes to Disney vacations...

I think we just all work so hard for our vacations & look forward to them so much that we just want it to be the best it can be.

I will probably get a bunch of booing on this one, but I wasn't as impressed with Kona and their tonga toast...CM is a definite yes for us, but they also do dinner if that works better. Crystal palace we generally do as well, but my DS loves Tigger. :-) CRT was a first for us during our last trip and we had an awesome dinner in the castle and my DS liked the princesses (and LOVED) Ariel. Tusker House will be a first for us this coming trip! Also like Hollywood and Vine (breakfast or lunch) and we're doing Ohana this time since DS has a newfound love of Lilo and Stitch. Also loved the strawberry soup at 1900 park fare breakfast and am considering Akershus this trip.

I won't lie - you are the 1st person to say that they didn't like breakfast at Kona. But, hey, if you didn't like, you didn't like, right? :confused3 To each their own! These are the ADRs I ended up with (at least for now :lmao:):

Citricos (just me & DH though, DS will be in the Neverland Club)
'Ohana breakfast
H&V breakfast
Via Napoli
Crystal Palace
'Ohana dinner
Tusker House
Hoop Dee Doo Revue

And AmandaW, good luck with your DS and Haunted Mansion. mine's 5 almost 6 and he still refuses. Even though he loves Halloween and is really looking forward to MNSSHP and the parade, etc.

That's too funny that he won't ride the Haunted Mansion but loves all of the Halloween activities. I really hope Reid is going to follow through & ride it.

Thinking of spending our last morning with a character meal? Perhaps Akershus since we'll be at BC. But are 2 princess meals too much for one trip? My son loves Ariel and will put up with the others. My DD is only 16months, but she seems to like the Disney princesses? And I love Snow White and Belle. :-)

I don't think 2 is overload. Just as another option - since y'all are staying at BC - what about the character meal at Cape May Cafe for that morning?

I've been absent for a while, but had to re-join this discussion! I'll just jump right in!

I won't lie - you are the 1st person to say that they didn't like breakfast at Kona. But, hey, if you didn't like, you didn't like, right? :confused3 To each their own! These are the ADRs I ended up with (at least for now :lmao:):

Citricos (just me & DH though, DS will be in the Neverland Club)
'Ohana breakfast
H&V breakfast
Via Napoli
Crystal Palace
'Ohana dinner
Tusker House
Hoop Dee Doo Revue

That's too funny that he won't ride the Haunted Mansion but loves all of the Halloween activities. I really hope Reid is going to follow through & ride it.

I don't think 2 is overload. Just as another option - since y'all are staying at BC - what about the character meal at Cape May Cafe for that morning?

Amanda, I think Reid will really love these ADRs! I'm not much of a breakfast person, but I do love Ohana for breakfast. I love the fruit, the bread, the coffee, the beautiful view of the lagoon and the fact that they bring all the items to you. (And I love Disney bacon - is that crazy? Yes, it is.) I took our youngest (without older brothers) to H&V for breakfast and he had a blast. The food was fine, but his chance to dance with Jake and the very happy CM who was leading the dancing - priceless. Our server was wonderful and we had a great time. I understand it's not the best breakfast ever, but it's SO fun for a Disney Jr. fan and his mom! Via is a new family favorite - everyone loves it - great atmosphere, friendly service and yummy pizza. Also had to comment on Tusker - we really enjoy the variety - all five of us were happy with the selection and the character interaction was quite good. Loved Ohana for dinner before our two older boys became "Disney adults" and we had to be more picky about our fixed price meal choices. Crystal Palace - which meal? And I remember our oldest LOVED hoop-de-doo when he was little. Haven't been there in a while because the two older boys have outgrown it a bit - but I think Reid will have a great time. And I actually really like the food there (and the sangria!) Please report on Citricos - one of the few signatures we haven't tried yet and I would love to hear your report!

We're the same with our 5-year-old and Haunted Mansion. He won't do it. But I'm not one to talk - I've been going to DL and WDW since I was two years old, and I refused to ride Haunted Mansion until I was in college. Really.

Two princess meals is definitely not overload! Our youngest went through a princess phase right around the time of his 4th birthday and his wish was to have dinner with Belle and breakfast in the castle. And that's what we did!

I've been absent for a while, but had to re-join this discussion! I'll just jump right in!

Welcome back! I feel so bad that I neglected my own thread for some time now. It's just been a hectic summer.

Amanda, I think Reid will really love these ADRs! I'm not much of a breakfast person, but I do love Ohana for breakfast. I love the fruit, the bread, the coffee, the beautiful view of the lagoon and the fact that they bring all the items to you. (And I love Disney bacon - is that crazy? Yes, it is.) I took our youngest (without older brothers) to H&V for breakfast and he had a blast. The food was fine, but his chance to dance with Jake and the very happy CM who was leading the dancing - priceless. Our server was wonderful and we had a great time. I understand it's not the best breakfast ever, but it's SO fun for a Disney Jr. fan and his mom! Via is a new family favorite - everyone loves it - great atmosphere, friendly service and yummy pizza. Also had to comment on Tusker - we really enjoy the variety - all five of us were happy with the selection and the character interaction was quite good. Loved Ohana for dinner before our two older boys became "Disney adults" and we had to be more picky about our fixed price meal choices. Crystal Palace - which meal? And I remember our oldest LOVED hoop-de-doo when he was little. Haven't been there in a while because the two older boys have outgrown it a bit - but I think Reid will have a great time. And I actually really like the food there (and the sangria!) Please report on Citricos - one of the few signatures we haven't tried yet and I would love to hear your report!

Ooohhh....you're making me very excited about the ADRs I've chosen! :dance3: I'm really excited to try breakfast at 'Ohana. Even more so than dinner. I was so happy to finally, after trying year after year, get an ADR for dinner there. But, the breakfast is what has me most excited. I think it's because it will be the only breakfast where I can just sit & have the food brought to me to eat. :rotfl: We are doing breakfast at Crystal Palace. I'm still a little torn on this meal. I hear it's great. Reid likes these characters but doesn't love them. I think I'm going to keep it though & at least cross it off our ADR bucket list. At least it's a pre-park opening ADR! :thumbsup2 I'm so excited to try Citricos. We've never done a signature restaurant before. I will definitely let you know what I think of it! And I think HDDR will be a fun way to end the trip.

We're the same with our 5-year-old and Haunted Mansion. He won't do it. But I'm not one to talk - I've been going to DL and WDW since I was two years old, and I refused to ride Haunted Mansion until I was in college. Really.

I really hope Reid is going to at least try it this year. I'm prepared to entice him with good old-fashioned bribery. :rotfl2:

Ok so as of right now, I have the following ADRs:

Breakfasts - Hollywood & vine, Ohana, chef mickey's, CRT, Akershus, captains grill, Tusker house

Lunches - crystal palace, coral reef, mama Melrose's (Fantasmic pkg)

Dinners - rose and crown, Narcoossee's, Fulton's, Tony's town square, kouzzina, garden grill

Would love to be able to try via Napoli and/or le cellier, but not sure there are times available or where to fit them in based on schedule...may have to change some things around a bit more...*shocker right?*. :-)

We're trying a bunch of new places this time around which makes me super excited! We're on the DxDP, hence why I tend to go overboard on the TS meals...Thoughts?

Ok so as of right now, I have the following ADRs:

Breakfasts - Hollywood & vine, Ohana, chef mickey's, CRT, Akershus, captains grill, Tusker house

Lunches - crystal palace, coral reef, mama Melrose's (Fantasmic pkg)

Dinners - rose and crown, Narcoossee's, Fulton's, Tony's town square, kouzzina, garden grill

Would love to be able to try via Napoli and/or le cellier, but not sure there are times available or where to fit them in based on schedule...may have to change some things around a bit more...*shocker right?*. :-)

We're trying a bunch of new places this time around which makes me super excited! We're on the DxDP, hence why I tend to go overboard on the TS meals...Thoughts?

I definitely think you have some great ADRs there! :thumbsup2

If I remember correctly, your kids are young, right? Do you think they'll be ok with so many TS meals? The only reason why I ask is because my son (who's 4) doesn't always do so well with the TS meals. Do you care if a lot of your park time is used for ADRs? I hope I'm not sounding critical - I just wanted to give some points to ponder.

Also, y'all are doing DXDP for 7 nights right? How many dining credits is that?

amandaw said:
I definitely think you have some great ADRs there! :thumbsup2

If I remember correctly, your kids are young, right? Do you think they'll be ok with so many TS meals? The only reason why I ask is because my son (who's 4) doesn't always do so well with the TS meals. Do you care if a lot of your park time is used for ADRs? I hope I'm not sounding critical - I just wanted to give some points to ponder.

Also, y'all are doing DXDP for 7 nights right? How many dining credits is that?

DS is 5 and he's awesome. Always has been. :-). DD on the other hand...not sure...I'm thinking the character ones she should be fine with because there's other stuff going on. Otherwise no real clue honestly.

7 nights - so 21 credits. Ack!! Most days I only have 2 meals scheduled (and did Signature dining a few times for that reason). All the character meals are great for us because it's an ac place to get pics and autographs instead of standing in line in the heat. We've been so many times that I'm not too concerned with the time factor, as long as it's an enjoyable use of time for all! So should I cancel a couple to play it more by ear you think?

DS is 5 and he's awesome. Always has been. :-). DD on the other hand...not sure...I'm thinking the character ones she should be fine with because there's other stuff going on. Otherwise no real clue honestly.

7 nights - so 21 credits. Ack!! Most days I only have 2 meals scheduled (and did Signature dining a few times for that reason). All the character meals are great for us because it's an ac place to get pics and autographs instead of standing in line in the heat. We've been so many times that I'm not too concerned with the time factor, as long as it's an enjoyable use of time for all! So should I cancel a couple to play it more by ear you think?

I definitely think the character meals are a good idea so that you don't have to stand in the heat. Especially with having a baby.

And you know your kids best, so if you think they're fine with those restaurants, then I say go for it. Only one way to find out, right?

I think I may be doing some math wrong here but I keep counting 19 credits with those ADRs. Were you wanting to work in Le Cellier or Via Napoli to use up some credits?

amandaw said:
I definitely think the character meals are a good idea so that you don't have to stand in the heat. Especially with having a baby.

And you know your kids best, so if you think they're fine with those restaurants, then I say go for it. Only one way to find out, right?

I think I may be doing some math wrong here but I keep counting 19 credits with those ADRs. Were you wanting to work in Le Cellier or Via Napoli to use up some credits?

Haha yeah, I have a couple extra credits that may be used for CS or something...I have lunch on our first day open and dinner the day we go to HS for Fantasmic! And I'm not completely sure I will keep the Kouzzina ADR although it's convenient. :-)

Haha yeah, I have a couple extra credits that may be used for CS or something...I have lunch on our first day open and dinner the day we go to HS for Fantasmic! And I'm not completely sure I will keep the Kouzzina ADR although it's convenient. :-)

I gotcha! I didn't even think of CS meals. I really want to try Kouzzina one day. It just never seems to work out for me. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter