ADR Changers - We still don't know what we want for dinner!

Well, just when I thought I was done....:rolleyes1

I've made 2 changes this week.

The first:

On Monday, Oct 1st we are going to Islands of Adventure. From there, we were going to be brave & drive to Epcot & experience the madness of the 30th anniversary. We had a 5pm ADR at Chefs de France.

Well, I decided that I didn't want to put up with the craziness. So, we are still going to Islands of Adventure. But, instead of going to Epcot, we are going to go back to the resort & get all refreshed. Then, we are going to bring our son to Poly where we will check him into the Neverland Club for kids. This will be our 1st time doing this but I've heard so many good things about it. From there, we will head to Grand Floridian where we have a 730pm ADR for Citricos. :cool1: This will be our 1st signature restaurant ever! I'm very excited to have 1 quiet adult meal on this trip. :laughing:

Second:

Our last full day is Saturday, Oct. 6th. We were going to take a cab to Poly that morning for a 730am ADR at Kona & then head to AK. I have now switched that for a 905am ADR at Tusker House. I'd prefer an ADR before the park opens, but we don't mind doing this right at park opening since AK is our least favorite park. I'm thinking I'll have DH head straight to the safari to pick up FP's & then meet us at Tusker House.

But, here's my conundrum: if an ADR for before the park opens come available, should I take it? Or just leave well enough alone?

Well, just when I thought I was done....:rolleyes1

I've made 2 changes this week.

The first:

On Monday, Oct 1st we are going to Islands of Adventure. From there, we were going to be brave & drive to Epcot & experience the madness of the 30th anniversary. We had a 5pm ADR at Chefs de France.

Well, I decided that I didn't want to put up with the craziness. So, we are still going to Islands of Adventure. But, instead of going to Epcot, we are going to go back to the resort & get all refreshed. Then, we are going to bring our son to Poly where we will check him into the Neverland Club for kids. This will be our 1st time doing this but I've heard so many good things about it. From there, we will head to Grand Floridian where we have a 730pm ADR for Citricos. :cool1: This will be our 1st signature restaurant ever! I'm very excited to have 1 quiet adult meal on this trip. :laughing:

Second:

Our last full day is Saturday, Oct. 6th. We were going to take a cab to Poly that morning for a 730am ADR at Kona & then head to AK. I have now switched that for a 905am ADR at Tusker House. I'd prefer an ADR before the park opens, but we don't mind doing this right at park opening since AK is our least favorite park. I'm thinking I'll have DH head straight to the safari to pick up FP's & then meet us at Tusker House.

But, here's my conundrum: if an ADR for before the park opens come available, should I take it? Or just leave well enough alone?

I think you did good switching to Tusker House - good food and fun - and makes more sense since heading to AK anyway! Doesn't hurt to keep checking for an earlier one - but probably are fine with what you have! That's what we've done.... have someone head to safari for fast passes while we wait to get seated!

And sounds great for the 1st! Much better than original plan was!

I think you did good switching to Tusker House - good food and fun - and makes more sense since heading to AK anyway! Doesn't hurt to keep checking for an earlier one - but probably are fine with what you have! That's what we've done.... have someone head to safari for fast passes while we wait to get seated!

It'll be our 1st time trying Tusker House so I'm excited to give it a try. I'm trying to pack in character meals before our son gets too old. :laughing: I'm glad to know y'all have done that - having a safari FP getter while the others check-in at Tusker. :thumbsup2

And sounds great for the 1st! Much better than original plan was!

Thanks! I was looking forward to trying Chefs de France. But, with our ADR being on the 30th anniversary night, I was really concerned about the crowds & such. :sad2: I'm very excited to try Citricos! :goodvibes

It'll be our 1st time trying Tusker House so I'm excited to give it a try. I'm trying to pack in character meals before our son gets too old. :laughing: I'm glad to know y'all have done that - having a safari FP getter while the others check-in at Tusker. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I was looking forward to trying Chefs de France. But, with our ADR being on the 30th anniversary night, I was really concerned about the crowds & such. :sad2: I'm very excited to try Citricos! :goodvibes

Yeah, am sure you'll enjoy Tusker. Mickey so stinkin' cute in his safari gear - and LOVE the juice there... and the donuts! oh, it's breakfast time now and I am starving!!!

Haven't done Citricos - too fancy for us really super duper picky basic eaters, lol - but sounds like you guys will have nice night together - and bet the kids will have a good time, too!

Okay.... really, 18 days out from trip... and IS all finalized now.

Switched out Captain's Grill breakfast for Cape May - wanted to try CG - but realized we have NO meal with Donald and kinda need him... so CMay it is now.

Also ditched CRT lunch and doing Plaza now. Was planning on this being our LAST time ever to do CRT, but in reality the menu doesn't appeal to us as much now that Major Domo's Favorite Pie is gone, no hot dog on menu anymore for kids (last time son knew always gets one there and kept chanting for a hot dog - he's autistic - and I felt bad, as nothing else there he'd eat). So figured eh, guess just say good-bye to CRT now, no farewell lunch there for us!.... also helps, as now have extra credit to use on another meal, that previously was going to do OOP that one meal.

Resorts - yep. last three nights couldn't figure out -
WAS 1 night YC, 2 movies...
then had to squeeze in AoA... so became 1 AoA, 1 YC, 1 Movies
then came to senses that don't need AoA.. became 1 POFQ, 1 YC, 1 Movies.
then realized didn't like movies on our last night -
thought about doing 1 Movies, and 2 YC - would be best and easiest.. but came down to the money.
Now am finalized at 1 Movies (better day so have time to spend at resort that is sentimental to the kiddos) - 1 YC - and last day Sports - only because need something cheap, one kid wants to do Sports again, and is a place we really don't need to take time out to spend time at resort to hang.

But saying it again... I am finished!
really.. no joke, I am finished switching stuff around!

My main issue is we have so much we want to fit in... yet make it all flow as smooth as possible.
So ended up with:
23 ADRs plus food court breakfast on departure day
and 4 resorts (which is nothing for us!)

So what changes has everyone else made lately!??

Stitch: I think those are some great changes! :thumbsup2 Cape May to get Donald & the Plaza for a lunch. We love the Plaza. Good food & big portions. And I love their french fries!

No changes over here as of now. No, wait, I lie! We were going to be doing the Yak & Yeti CS for lunch on our AK day. But, I decided that we're trying so many new places this year that I wanted to stick with a familiar option. So, we'll be doing lunch in AK @ Flame Tree BBQ. Yum! DH was very happy since that's his favorite place. :goodvibes

Hi gang... I'm back.
I just wrote an extremely brief report on dining...All I can say, is beware of the chicken!!!!
Weather was extremely unusual when we were there and we had rain ( like over half to full day ) , 5 out of the 7 days we were there. Better that it rained while we were in WDW rather than when we were on the cruise. It rained the first day of cruise briefly ( enough to bring the sale away party indoors ) and then it stopped right when they got things started. The party was still in the atrium which was unfornuate but, it would have started raining if they tried to shift it again ( Murphys law type of thing ).
Hope everyone is doing well , guess I should get to work now

Hi gang... I'm back.
I just wrote an extremely brief report on dining...All I can say, is beware of the chicken!!!!
Weather was extremely unusual when we were there and we had rain ( like over half to full day ) , 5 out of the 7 days we were there. Better that it rained while we were in WDW rather than when we were on the cruise. It rained the first day of cruise briefly ( enough to bring the sale away party indoors ) and then it stopped right when they got things started. The party was still in the atrium which was unfornuate but, it would have started raining if they tried to shift it again ( Murphys law type of thing ).
Hope everyone is doing well , guess I should get to work now

Welcome Back!

Uh oh....that doesn't sound good about the chicken! :crazy2:

Do you have a link to your dining report? Are you doing a trip report? I know....questions, questions, questions! :rotfl:

I'm not quite computer savy so not sure about how to set up the link thing. I didnt really do anything in detail. It's under the dining reviews- the rain really put a damper on things in terms of travel and such. Most of the time despite pochos, we were drenched trying to get to restaurants and attractions. Not really going to do a trip report ( it all seems like such a long time ago now ). We were cold and wet most of the time and I lost my ankles around the third day ( not sure why but I had severe, severe swelling ). My ankles just reappeared yesterday. Otherwise, it was fine. I think we tried to cram too much in the first few days ( but glad we did because those were the only days without rain) however, it made us pretty tired and cranky. Loved, loved, loved the Magic, Memories and You show against the castle before the fireworks.

No worries! I'm sure I can find the review! :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry y'all had crummy weather!

How was the cruise?

our trip is 114 days away , I have already redone our ADR's twice ,
my DF's first real all Disney all adult vacation , he has never done ddp

first draft looked like this

day 1
via napoli
CG

day 2
crystal palace breakfast ( changed this to Boma , DF wanted no characters)
WCC
MNSSHP

day3
yak&yeti
boma

day4
kona breakfast
paradisio 37 lunch
fulton's late supper

day 5
LC early lunch
La Hacienda

day6
Cape May (changed to captain grill breakfast)
T-Rex

then it sunk in that it was adult only , I am seriously thinking of culinary school and wanted to do more signatures , DF agreed , he said it was ok if i didn't take him to the themed places , he is a quiet guy and WCC would be too hectic for him anyway .....

so

day 1
F&W booths
CG

day2
Captain Grill breakfast
Paradisio early supper
MNSSHP

day3
yak&yeti ( wavering on this one)
flying fish

day4
Kona
Fultons

day5
Via Napoli
Artist point

day 6
boma
T-Rex ( DF loves dinasaurs)

only issue is , i am starting to thing about Narcosee's ....... ahhhh , any suggestions of where to fit tht in , and what to omit ?

Hi :wave: my name is Erin and Im an ADR changer.... here is my dilema:
My last dilema for all of my ADR's is the F! package. I have scheduled MM's, my kids really want to eat at Sci-Fi but we are eating at burger type places a few times while here. If I give up the F! package for Sci-Fi, should I just take my chanceson waiting in line for Fantasmic!? Its a 5 crowd level. UGH! Opinions on which is better? Or what I should do?

You guys have my head spinning with all the changes:rotfl2:

Me too!! I thought I was bad - I have for our upcoming trip, changed ADR's 3 times now:confused3, and will probably change one or two more before we depart.

Glad to know there are others out there like myself, and others that are worse too! :thumbsup2

Hi :wave: my name is Erin and Im an ADR changer.... here is my dilema:
My last dilema for all of my ADR's is the F! package. I have scheduled MM's, my kids really want to eat at Sci-Fi but we are eating at burger type places a few times while here. If I give up the F! package for Sci-Fi, should I just take my chanceson waiting in line for Fantasmic!? Its a 5 crowd level. UGH! Opinions on which is better? Or what I should do?

In my opinion Mama Melrose is way better eats than sci-fi , and I loved being seperated from the crowds , it is very worth it , very , especially with a busy park ..... hmmmm, now i'm thinking I need a F package ......wonder what changes i need to make to fit that in :lmao:

In my opinion Mama Melrose is way better eats than sci-fi , and I loved being seperated from the crowds , it is very worth it , very , especially with a busy park ..... hmmmm, now i'm thinking I need a F package ......wonder what changes i need to make to fit that in :lmao:

:lmao:
***DISCLAIMER***** dont tell me this is too many adr's I know it is lol I just need opinions

What if we did
B. H&V 8 am pre RD
L. F! @ MM 12:20 or 1:35(havent decided)
S. Sci Fi for a milkshake or fries... or both!
D. 50's PT cafe

DD wants Sci-Fi and its her bday trip, I want the preferred seating for F! :headache:

our trip is 114 days away , I have already redone our ADR's twice ,
my DF's first real all Disney all adult vacation , he has never done ddp

first draft looked like this

day 1
via napoli
CG

day 2
crystal palace breakfast ( changed this to Boma , DF wanted no characters)
WCC
MNSSHP

day3
yak&yeti
boma

day4
kona breakfast
paradisio 37 lunch
fulton's late supper

day 5
LC early lunch
La Hacienda

day6
Cape May (changed to captain grill breakfast)
T-Rex

then it sunk in that it was adult only , I am seriously thinking of culinary school and wanted to do more signatures , DF agreed , he said it was ok if i didn't take him to the themed places , he is a quiet guy and WCC would be too hectic for him anyway .....

so

day 1
F&W booths
CG

day2
Captain Grill breakfast
Paradisio early supper
MNSSHP

day3
yak&yeti ( wavering on this one)
flying fish

day4
Kona
Fultons

day5
Via Napoli
Artist point

day 6
boma
T-Rex ( DF loves dinasaurs)

only issue is , i am starting to thing about Narcosee's ....... ahhhh , any suggestions of where to fit tht in , and what to omit ?

I really like your ADRs. Two thoughts:

1. Yak & Yeti: I have never eaten there. But, I have heard soooo many wonderful things on many TR's about that restaurant. I would keep it. I hear the fried green beans & the cream cheese wonton desserts are delicious!

2. Narcoosee's: Again, I haven't eaten there but hear wonderful things about it. If you want to fit it in, could it work on day 4 & give up Fulton's? :confused3

Hi :wave: my name is Erin and Im an ADR changer....

Welcome, Erin! :goodvibes

You guys have my head spinning with all the changes:rotfl2:

:lmao: Just wait until y'all do ADRs for the ladies' trip. I bet there may be a few changes....and not just ADRs. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Me too!! I thought I was bad - I have for our upcoming trip, changed ADR's 3 times now:confused3, and will probably change one or two more before we depart.

Glad to know there are others out there like myself, and others that are worse too! :thumbsup2

Hi, there! You're definitely not alone. And some of us suffer from ADRchangeritis more than others. :sad2: I've actually been surprisingly good for our upcoming trip. I think I've only made 4 or 5 changes. That's a new low record for me! :thumbsup2

Hmmm....that may be hard....I don't know if I would change any of your ADRs for MM. But, that's just me.

:lmao:
***DISCLAIMER***** dont tell me this is too many adr's I know it is lol I just need opinions

What if we did
B. H&V 8 am pre RD
L. F! @ MM 12:20 or 1:35(havent decided)
S. Sci Fi for a milkshake or fries... or both!
D. 50's PT cafe

DD wants Sci-Fi and its her bday trip, I want the preferred seating for F! :headache:

Is it doable? Yeah. But, do you really want to do all of that? :confused3

If you're determined to give DD Sci-Fi for her bday & get the F! package, I would do MM for lunch & Sci-Fi for an early dinner. I would take off 50's. Not because I don't like it but it just may be too much to squeeze in.

it sure is a lot of restaurants to pack in to one day , if I were you I would drop H&V , early MM lunch if that will give you fantsamic passes , sci fi snack and late dinner at prime time if possible .

Hi, everybody!

It's been a busy few weeks over here & I have forgotten to post about a change I made.

On our last day in Disney we are going to AK. We were going to eat at Kona Cafe this morning for breakfast. I have now changed it to Tusker House. This will be a 1st for us so I'm excited. It's right at 9am when the park opens. My DH will probably grab our safari FPs then come meet us.

Then, we were going to have lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. This is my DH's favorite place to eat in all of Disney. But, I have convinced him to try the counter service option of Yak & Yeti. Another 1st I'm excited to try.

Now, I had planned for us to leave the park that afternoon & go check out the Boardwalk area. We were planning on eating at a restaurant that doesn't take ADRs (ESPN, Beaches & Cream, etc.) But, I felt this was very lackluster for our last night. So, now we will be attending the Hoop Dee Doo Revue at 615pm.

I'm excited about our changes!

Hope everyone is having a great summer! :goodvibes

I am sitting back and letting them go with all the changes !!:rotfl2:But being me I will have to make some trouble in there with asking if the restaurant has poles or something like that!!!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter