ABD Backstage Magic 7/31 - 8/5/11

Thank you, Kevin. That's a spectacular list of tips!

Apologies to everyone for not finding more time to spend on the boards. Last time I posted, I think we were getting ready for the maiden voyage of the Disney Dream at the end of January. Well, the last night of that cruise, my mom's shoe got caught in the marble/carpet flooring outside the theatre, and she fell and broke the top of her arm near the shoulder. Out of work for about two months and unfortunately couldn't even get it in a cast. Long recovery that's still ongoing with physical therapy 3 times a week. She's still improving bit by bit, and the MRI didn't show any rotator cuff damage. I expect she'll be tired walking around all day on this trip, but she's determined. And then my dad had to have some minor surgery, so for a while there I was the only hale and healthy member of the family!

I'm sure I've missed plenty of happenings over the last few months, but I can't wait to meet everyone in CA. I couldn't make it to chat this past Thursday because I was out that evening for my birthday. But I'm still anxiously awaiting my real birthday present, which is this trip :banana::banana::banana:

Jen

Did she ask how you prefered your lox? :lmao:

:rotfl2: NO!

Kevn, thank you for taking the time to type up all of these tips. I really appreciate it and know many others do as well. :thumbsup2

Thank you, Kevin. That's a spectacular list of tips!

Apologies to everyone for not finding more time to spend on the boards. Last time I posted, I think we were getting ready for the maiden voyage of the Disney Dream at the end of January. Well, the last night of that cruise, my mom's shoe got caught in the marble/carpet flooring outside the theatre, and she fell and broke the top of her arm near the shoulder. Out of work for about two months and unfortunately couldn't even get it in a cast. Long recovery that's still ongoing with physical therapy 3 times a week. She's still improving bit by bit, and the MRI didn't show any rotator cuff damage. I expect she'll be tired walking around all day on this trip, but she's determined. And then my dad had to have some minor surgery, so for a while there I was the only hale and healthy member of the family!

I'm sure I've missed plenty of happenings over the last few months, but I can't wait to meet everyone in CA. I couldn't make it to chat this past Thursday because I was out that evening for my birthday. But I'm still anxiously awaiting my real birthday present, which is this trip :banana::banana::banana:

Jen

I look forward to meeting you, Jen! I am sorry to hear about your mom and hope she enjoys the trip anyway. :)

Howdy all, just popping in to say "HI" from Yosemite Valley - we are staying at Curry Village for anyone that knows the area.

Really looking forward to meeting you all! Can't wait!

We had a fab day in Monterey/Carmel and Santa Cruz yesterday with a Dis'er we met back in 2008 on the EBPC cruise - I've said it before and I'll say it again - Dis'ers are amazing people - he picked us up at 7am and we didn't get back until after dinner - we say EVERYTHING in the area. We never would have seen half of it without him.

Tomorrow we are going to do a couple of short walks in the morning before its too hot then the afternoon in the museum(s) - aircon... ;)

Then off to SF for Disney Family Museum and a few other odds and ends :rotfl2:

See you all real soon!

p.s. I hope you all like MELTED chocolate from New Zealand :rotfl2:

I look forward to meeting you, Jen! I am sorry to hear about your mom and hope she enjoys the trip anyway. :)

Good luck with your lox challenge. Have to say lox and a bagel is one of my favorite breakfasts! And it technically isn't raw, even though it's not "cooked."

We had a fab day in Monterey/Carmel and Santa Cruz yesterday with a Dis'er we met back in 2008 on the EBPC cruise - I've said it before and I'll say it again - Dis'ers are amazing people - he picked us up at 7am and we didn't get back until after dinner - we say EVERYTHING in the area. We never would have seen half of it without him.

I was actually born in Monterey. Able to return for a vacation there when I was 15 - love the area! Glad you enjoyed it :thumbsup2

This time next week, we'll be on an airplane, nearly to California. Woohoo!!! Can't wait to meet everyone! :yay:

It was great to see so many of you in chat last night! We're getting closer!

ABD just called me to confirm a few things including birthday, emergency contact, etc. Not sure if anyone else will or did get a call, but I figured I'd let you guys know.

And be warned...

This was the perkiest woman I have ever talked to. :rotfl2:

I must have talked to the same woman. She was sitting on her happy cushion. I had called to check out an ECV for Loni "recent total hip replacement" and she was very upbeat and tried to be as helpful as she could. This must be a trait you must have to work for ABD. Suit cases are ready for packing...

Hehe.

Is anyone else getting that fluttery excited feeling yet? We only have a few days left, guys and gals. This is it! :thumbsup2

Hello All,
Can't wait to see everyone once again. Kevin, thank you for the list is really helps. Hopefully the weather is nicer than it is here in NM. See you soon!!

We are thinking about going to "Cars 2 3D" at the El Capitan Theatre on Saturday the 30th. the cost is about $20-$30 per seat. I don't think their will be any trouble in getting walk-up tickets. The times are 4:00 and 7:00pm. if anyone is arriving Saturday and would like to join us please let us know. Looking forward to a great time, Jerry & Loni

Oh im getting giddy, Im waking up and thinking about the trip! So excited.
At work I keep saying " I dont know if you heard the rumour? Im going to California".

Lmao Sara I just posted that on a few FB walls!!

It's 6 am and I can't sleep!!! I'm going on a jet planeeeee to Cali in TWO days! -running around in circles-

Hi All! :wave:

Just wanted to pop-in and wish you all a great trip to Disneyland and Southern California! Can't wait to see pictures.

Thanks, Aaron! :thumbsup2

ralph-brennans-jazz-kitchen_alt.jpg

Hi All,

A few of us are going to Ralph Brennen's August 3 at 6:30. We are hoping to go then so we can get back to the parks for fireworks or Fantasmic. I will make the reservation tomorrow. If anyone would like to join us, we would love to have you!

Nikki

Thanks, Aaron! :thumbsup2

Hi All,

A few of us are going to Ralph Brennen's August 3 at 6:30. We are hoping to go then so we can get back to the parks for fireworks or Fantasmic. I will make the reservation tomorrow. If anyone would like to join us, we would love to have you!

Nikki

Please count DataTully and I in for Ralph Brennan's! I'm allergic to bell peppers, and I've had some concerns about eating there, but they're bound to have something they can make without them... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter