ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

The day-by-day ones were SO AMAZING!!! Totes going to do this from now on. But a LOT more on this at some point....

Well, maybe someday I'll commit to a big trip with more than a couple months of planning time. That would probably help. Although apparently I do need deadlines, or very little happens. I am starting to research the PNW Spring Break trip, but very slowly and tentatively. It depends very much on certain projects getting approved, as to whether or not it can happen. And I really ought to concentrate on that part, or there won't be any trip to plan!

Damn it! Now I'm hungry!

Come to think of it... I am too! I should probably eat something before I head to work.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I just noticed that you put feminine hygiene on his packing list. I'm sure he appreciated that.

Also, bug spray? They give that stuff away now, don't they?

That was the list that Brook threw into our monster packet. I think everything was on there including the kitchen sink. And yes, bug spray is all over the place including the parks. I should have pilfered it since I got bit a few times down in the Keys.

Well, maybe someday I'll commit to a big trip with more than a couple months of planning time. That would probably help. Although apparently I do need deadlines, or very little happens. I am starting to research the PNW Spring Break trip, but very slowly and tentatively. It depends very much on certain projects getting approved, as to whether or not it can happen. And I really ought to concentrate on that part, or there won't be any trip to plan!

So you're a deadline kind of girl! Extrinsic motivation is helpful to be sure.

Yes, do let me know how your PNW trip planning progresses! I'm happy to help. :)

First was the hair work. See how beautiful it is?

You are way braver than me. I do not like for anyone to see me while I'm processing. The results are beautifu!

I only do pedies because those are the only nails I have that don’t look like they’ve gone through a chipper Fargo-style.

Me too! Can't bring myself to spent the money on a Mani just to have it look bad by the next day. But I do get one before Disney since I won't be doing dishes and such while I'm there. This last last trip I had to so they would look good for the wedding pictures.

the final Mickey Mail arrived!

Mickey Mail is the best mail!

(turns out , I should have left him with a hulluva lot more than this)

Foreshadowing.

Danielle loves to get Henna. I work with someone from Afghanistan (she says Persia), she had to go to New Orleans to get henna for a wedding ceremony she participated in a few months back. I love hearing about her culture.

So now you're all beautified and ready for your trip.

You are way braver than me. I do not like for anyone to see me while I'm processing. The results are beautifu!

Just some added silliness to keep it fun. That, and the "done" ones stink too. ;)

Me too! Can't bring myself to spent the money on a Mani just to have it look bad by the next day. But I do get one before Disney since I won't be doing dishes and such while I'm there. This last last trip I had to so they would look good for the wedding pictures.

I suppose I could get gels now, or something, but they'd be trashed in a few days if I was lucky. I'm a chewer, no lie.

Mickey Mail is the best mail!

::yes::

Foreshadowing.

Just a li'l. :)

Danielle loves to get Henna. I work with someone from Afghanistan (she says Persia), she had to go to New Orleans to get henna for a wedding ceremony she participated in a few months back. I love hearing about her culture.

How neat that you get to have a glimpse into her culture! How often does Danielle spring for it? Does she get it locally?

So now you're all beautified and ready for your trip.

The travel alone has its own set of magical moments.

Weird. Somehow missed that chapter.
I'll be back to read it a bit later. Promise.

I read the chapter earlier but missed some of the nuances.

I was a chewer on my nails too but polishing them keeps me from biting because it tastes NASTY! The gel nails work for me as they are very strong. I realize you can't have it at work, but you'd be surprised when on vacay how long it stays and can hold up.

That packing list was pretty crazy. I'm not sure I even bring half of the items mentioned! I hope your hubby remembered his makeup, makeup remover and like everyone else pointed out, his feminine hygiene products, or is that code for something else?

On the mystery picture, I'm going to guess Art of Animation?

I'm going to get more specific and guess you're in a Nemo themed room.

:nods:

Yep.

I love the Henna!! It's a great idea!! I have a real tattoo actually and have considered getting more..but the Henna might be a better way to ease into it!

Seriously? You started this BEFORE you even left, already at page 13, AND I'm just getting here. ...??? :headache: At least I got to actually make the trip I think. ..... waiting for confirmation. :rolleyes1

:rotfl2::rotfl2: No wonder he's so angry!
Really? How did you get all those kids???

One must keep up appearances.
Oh, that's not ALWAYS high on her agenda. ..... :rolleyes:

Good Morning, Magdalene! (I see your little green light on. :) )

I have put your answers into the official scorekeeper document, and we'll see you did as time goes on.... There were many surprises even for me!
Like how quiet and mature I really am instead of my DIS image.....? :blush:

I looked at the prices for what they do in the Morocco Pavilion and basically I could get the amount that is JUST the part near my thumbs- the flower only… NOT including the vines- for around $25. What a total and complete rip off.
Yes, the Morocco pavilion is a rip off, but unfortunately it's one of those things where they "have you". Last trip oldest DD saw the henna and wanted it to show off a school when she got home. I think it was $30 or $40 and it was just a couple fingers and the back of her hand. Just generic patterns as well, not an actual flower or anything. But it was pretty and it was something to remember, so I guess that's what counts.

How often does Danielle spring for it? Does she get it locally?

So far she has gotten henna at Epcot in Morocco several times and in Animal Kingdom in Africa. She has also gotten it when we went to Orange Beach, AL. I don't know of a local place. Getting it done on vacation makes it more special for her. She would never get a real tatoo, doesn't even like the ones that rub off and never has.

We interrupt this TR for a PSA regarding one of our own... it is close to my heart, and therefore I want to ask you to keep ( @dglilbit ) Dayna's little one, Evie, in your thoughts and prayers.

For those of you who don't know her or have forgotten, her sweet little daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia about a year ago or so and is REALLY struggling right now with the chemo side effects. She has a FB page called Evie's Journey that you can find:

Here

Honestly, it makes my own struggles seem like mosquito bites when I see her suffering in a hospital room with rashes, mouth and digestive tract sores, and fevers.

I know it would encourage Dayna and Evie to know there are a BUNCH of her DISFamily Peeps sending positive thoughts, prayers, and notes of encouragement their way! Take a moment to drop them a line or two to say hello and send a little bit of DISLove!

Weird. Somehow missed that chapter.
I'll be back to read it a bit later. Promise.

I miss stuff all the time. Don't worry about it. Things will be here for a while. ;)

I read the chapter earlier but missed some of the nuances.

Glad you could go back and re-read and catch those nuances!

I was a chewer on my nails too but polishing them keeps me from biting because it tastes NASTY! The gel nails work for me as they are very strong. I realize you can't have it at work, but you'd be surprised when on vacay how long it stays and can hold up.

Actually, I really am more of a cuticle chewer. But you're right, they are a no-go for work; even polish is frowned upon. Perhaps someday I will take the plunge with the gels.

That packing list was pretty crazy. I'm not sure I even bring half of the items mentioned! I hope your hubby remembered his makeup, makeup remover and like everyone else pointed out, his feminine hygiene products, or is that code for something else?

I think it is one that is meant to have every single things that could possibly ever be needed at Disney. An all-inclusive sort of deal. :) As far as I remember, he did remember everything he needed....

Unlike someone else in our party....

On the mystery picture, I'm going to guess Art of Animation?

You are an astute Disney Princess.

I'm going to get more specific and guess you're in a Nemo themed room.

:nods:

Yep.

Close, but not quite.

I love the Henna!! It's a great idea!! I have a real tattoo actually and have considered getting more..but the Henna might be a better way to ease into it!

Thanks, Kathy! Henna is so pretty, and I like it because of the very intricate designs that are traditionally used. From the way I understand it, there are more Hindu-influenced designs and more Islamic-influenced designs. The vary according to where the artists live and such. I prefer the Islamic ones as they are more geometric and "line-y". The Hindu, are more flowery and viney. Actually, now that I think on it, I like a mixture of both... LOL!

Seriously? You started this BEFORE you even left, already at page 13, AND I'm just getting here. ...??? :headache: At least I got to actually make the trip I think. ..... waiting for confirmation. :rolleyes1

Well, yeah. I couldn't help myself.

Yes, you made the trip. And it was quite a little par-tay!

Oh, that's not ALWAYS high on her agenda. ..... :rolleyes:

HEY! I behaved myself.

Mostly.

Like how quiet and mature I really am instead of my DIS image.....? :blush:

OH yes. SO. MUCH. :rolleyes2:lmao: BTW, I can't wait to pull of the pix from Yeehaw Bob's. That was a riot!

Yes, the Morocco pavilion is a rip off, but unfortunately it's one of those things where they "have you". Last trip oldest DD saw the henna and wanted it to show off a school when she got home. I think it was $30 or $40 and it was just a couple fingers and the back of her hand. Just generic patterns as well, not an actual flower or anything. But it was pretty and it was something to remember, so I guess that's what counts.

It's like the face painting, which admittedly, I've thought about springing for multiple times. Less of a rip-off than the henna. Whereas the henna they do is VEEEERY basic compared to outside the parks, the face painting is topnotch. You are very right, it will definitely be very memorable for her and that IS what's important in the end.

So far she has gotten henna at Epcot in Morocco several times and in Animal Kingdom in Africa. She has also gotten it when we went to Orange Beach, AL. I don't know of a local place. Getting it done on vacation makes it more special for her. She would never get a real tatoo, doesn't even like the ones that rub off and never has.

I can totally see that. There are some things that become fun traditions and that's completely ok! You can get henna kits online for doing your own, but you need to be very, VERY careful of the kind and quality of the paste. From the research I've done, the black henna can cause some serious skin reactions and burns, so if she wants to try it, make sure it's the brown henna and mixed with quality oils.

Sorry I had to miss that evening of revelry. And no photoshopping me into any of your pictures to try and insinuate otherwise.......

Oh no you don't....

Besides everyone knows I neither own nor know how to work PS. You're stuck forever with your shenanigans. Just like the rest of us.

We interrupt this TR for a PSA regarding one of our own... it is close to my heart, and therefore I want to ask you to keep ( @dglilbit ) Dayna's little one, Evie, in your thoughts and prayers.

For those of you who don't know her or have forgotten, her sweet little daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia about a year ago or so and is REALLY struggling right now with the chemo side effects. She has a FB page called Evie's Journey that you can find:

Here

Honestly, it makes my own struggles seem like mosquito bites when I see her suffering in a hospital room with rashes, mouth and digestive tract sores, and fevers.

I know it would encourage Dayna and Evie to know there are a BUNCH of her DISFamily Peeps sending positive thoughts, prayers, and notes of encouragement their way! Take a moment to drop them a line or two to say hello and send a little bit of DISLove!
Liesa, there is no link here, unless it's an edit? Praying for Evie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter