ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

I am back. Finally, truly back. Had a major "return fake out" because no trip is complete without a final chapter of drama. But that's getting ahead of myself. Like 11 days ahead of myself- which in Trip Report time equals about... ooooh, a year or so. Depending on how long it takes me to drag this thing out for.

The good news is that I've actually already edited the first chapter's photos, but the "bad" news is that the writing and some TR layout decisions could take a little bit of time to settle on. And of course there are replies and some general catching up to do as well. I already know it'll take weeks to catch up on everyone's reports. Especially given that I work Thursday and Friday, and Monday and Tuesday, and leave again for sonny boy's wedding in Kentucky next Thursday.

So, in between loads of laundry tomorrow and getting my poor house back in a livable condition, I can tackle some writing and replies.

Welcome back! Hopefully writing your TR will keep you in the happy space . I still need to finish mine. Can't find that darn pic of Ellen and the other DIS moms. :scratchin oh, and set my alarm for 2 am because I read that Disneyland ressie open at 12am PT. Well they did not today, so trying to go back to slerp. Jim will be getting up in 2 1/2 hours. Good thing tomorrow us a half day.:snail:

Welcome back! I'm not far behind you, I hope you get back into a routine before uprooting it all over again for yet another trip!

You had me at "dinner".

Then you lack any excuse for a long cruise down/over here. Pick yer poi... er, sorry dish. We can start with something I call Kronk's special. I hear it's delicious. As is the grey stuff.

Isn't he? Thought he was down to a size 2.

He ended up being nothing, zero, nada in Orlando. N. Carolina, however was an entirely different story from what I heard while on Islamorada.

Following along to help with my Disney withdrawal.

I'm so glad you are here and have joined in! :welcome::welcome::welcome: and please settle in make yourself comfortable!

Ok, I better get started on playing the game...

Flights and Travel: (80 points available) 55 points
10 points for each departure on time (2 Royal Carriage rides) 1 on time: 10 points
5 points within 1/2 hour (for each) 1 within 1/2 hour: 5 points
5 points for each aisle for me (2 possible) two aisle: 10 points
10 points if we all sit together (each leg) one leg all together: 10 points
20 points if I get any sleep (hint, I have Ambien and I'm not afraid to use it) sleep yes: 20 points

ADRs: (75 points available) 75 points
5 points for each ADR we go to: 11 ADRs 55 points
20 point bonus if we go to all of them (there are 11): yes 20 points

Drinks: (150 points available- this is an ambitious Quest!): 70 points
50 points if I get 1 drink from every letter of the alphabet: no 0 points
10 points for each Challenge drink gotten = 60 (there are 6) 5 challenge drinks: 50 points
10 points for each souvie mug I buy (4 is the plan; 2 may be n/a drinks): 2 mugs: 20 points

Shop Around the World Tour: (85 points available): 65 points
5 points for each Pavilion I buy something in: 11 pavilions 55 points
10 point bonus if I buy something from all 11 Pavilions: yes 10 points
20 point bonus if each one is under $10: no 0 points

Hidden Mickeys: (50 points available)
1 point for every one I find **and post (up to 50 points available) 34 points

Resorts: AoA; AKL (60 points available) 30 points
10 points if room ready on arrival (AoA): yes 10 points
10 points if room ready on arrival (AKL): no 0 points
20 points if upgraded (AoA): no 0 points
20 points if upgraded (AKL): yes 20 points

Completion of "Top 10 Lists": (60 points available): 30 points
*More posts on these to come...
10 points per list if totally completed (4 parks, 2 Resorts): 2 parks, 1 resort: 30 points

Transportation: (50 points available) 20 points
30 bonus points if no wait is more than 15 minutes per ride during entire trip: no 0 points
20 bonus points if all 5 modes are taken (bus, mono, boat, train, ferry): yes 20 points

Miscellaneous Points: (60 + 26 = 86 points available) 50 points
5 points if no one gets any blisters: yes 5 points
5 points if no one forgets anything (hint: I am very organized): yes 5 points
5 points if I actually get 1 photo with a character (hint: possibly at MNSSHP): yes 5 points
10 points for the MNSSHP Pentafecta: HM, Parade, Hallowishes, Hocus Pocus Show, 7 Dwarves Photo: no 0 points
5 points if I do something ridiculous at Yeehaw Bob (we'll see who knows me well): yes 5 points
10 points if I get any "Magic" while wearing my Mickey ears, or button, or grad cap: yes 10 points
10 points for each pool I actually get in: 2 pools 20 points

and
1 point for every Mystery Photo Location you correctly identify (this portion to be played out during TR!)
Ok, this seems like I do not have to allocate any points to it at all right now?

So, the total is 429 points.

Good Morning, Magdalene! (I see your little green light on. :) )

I have put your answers into the official scorekeeper document, and we'll see you did as time goes on.... There were many surprises even for me!

Hey, look what I found! I had no idea you had started this! D'oh.

Well, you're here now, and that's what's important!

What??? What is wrong with you, man!

Have you seen his FB posts?!

I'm here and you are there! Have a fantastic trip! So sorry I'm missing you at WDW!

I know! I would have LOVED joining you 3 for V&As!!!!!! Only by 1 week! :(

:wave: Glad to see you started the TR! I guess you are there now, hope you are having a great time!

And now, I'm back and yes, I did have a most wonderful time! Of course there were some ups and downs, but no trip is devoid of that.

But that's getting ahead of myself. Like 11 days ahead of myself- which in Trip Report time equals about... ooooh, a year or so. Depending on how long it takes me to drag this thing out for.

A year?!?!? Who do you think you are? Me?

I already know it'll take weeks to catch up on everyone's reports. Especially given that I work Thursday and Friday, and Monday and Tuesday, and leave again for sonny boy's wedding in Kentucky next Thursday.

I understand. You certainly have a lot on your plate!

So we'll give you 24 hours.

Oops, my bad! I am totally messed up on my days... it's actually a week from this Thursday, so the 3rd, that we fly out for Andrew's wedding. In case that wasn't clear.

ah. So you have some breathing room.

Then you lack any excuse for a long cruise down/over here. Pick yer poi... er, sorry dish

Temptress.

We can start with something I call Kronk's special. I hear it's delicious. As is the grey stuff.

Er... uh....
Suddenly not that hungry.

He ended up being nothing, zero, nada in Orlando.

A fact of which I'm sure you were infinitely relieved.

Have you seen his FB posts?!

Actually, yes. Good point.

But isn't that why they built The Springs??? To sell you crap you either forgot or don't really need?

That was probably the main gist of it, but to tell the truth, I only went in one shop and did only minor damage there. For my grandkid,s of course. You know, the ones I don't have yet.... I will say, that the nighttime entertainment is top notch and there are almost too many restaurants to choose from.

People go to Springs?
Oh, right. You go for more than 3 days.... Nevermind.

They have really done a fantastic job on the refurb. I really, really thought it was a beautiful place to enjoy, but that's getting WAY ahead of myself.

There's a Harley Store there....

People keep telling me that!

DANG IT. I forgot to visit it and take a photo or two.

Stopping by to say hi! :wave: Hope you're having a fantastic time!!!

Well, hi there, Friend! I sure did!! And even lived to tell about it. ;)

Don't know how I've missed this until now, but now I've found it and caught up!

YAY! You're here, Tanya! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed sharing parts of my dip into Disney with you! How fun that we could meet IRL and get to know each other better. :) :hug:

I'm hoping that you and your family are having a wonderful time and making memories!

Thanks, Glenn, we sure did!! So. Many!

No shirt, no shoes, no service. They never say anything about pants.

You've been talking with Prince Beast at his castle, haven't you?

Donald Duck has not worn pants for 81 years!

:rotfl2:

I can't. Even. Imagine.

Aaaaand, I'm still laughing when I recall this "special" moment.

Can't wait to hear this one!:hyper:

All in good time.

Our little PTR writer is learning the tricks of TR writing. :sad1: Fly little one! Fly!

Yes, I"m sure by the time it's all said and done, you'll be crying just like that ^^.

Did you know that your countdown ticker now says you have 11 months, 3 weeks and 5 days until your Graduation Celebration?! Yay - you get another one!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Is that some cruel joke?! I would love another one, but after the Keys, I'm actually looking very much forward to Guam now.

Are we playing Get Smart????

If you mean Smart Alek, then yes.

One must keep up appearances.

Of course. Always.

I'm so sorry I'm late but I'm here. So proud of you for getting your LPN and rewarding yourself and your family. I can't wait to read or your adventures. I've seen a few snippets on FB.

Hi There!! Super-de-duper glad you are here with us, and you are most definitely NOT too late! Things are only really about to get launched off and it's great to have you aboard. :welcome: and settle on in for all the stories.

I actually got my RN in June and am ready to now "give back" a bit. Hopefully, some trips coming up with my Surgical Center soon-ish.

Oh no!!!! I thought selling the goat was a step to avoid exactly this...

Hope everything will turn out fine!

Nothing to do with animals, and it was a bad-good situation.

Hope everything's okay.

Turned out ok... in the end.

Hey there, hi there, ho there!

Well hi there, Jamie!! Glad you found me!! :welcome: Grab a lounge chair and settle in under the bright, virtual Florida sun for a spell.

You just got the bill, didn't you?

No, but I'm about to. Should I go and take a Xanax first? I have a bad feeling it did cost me about twice as much as budgeted, but I'll get to that too.

I wouldn't stick my neck out to wave to a giraffe.

Yeah, I might lose my camera. Or phone.

I'm here all week. Try the veal.

I did, thanks!

Does penicillin cure the slow clap?

:lmao:

HAHAHA hopefully not too many long transportation waits!! Can't wait to hear about it!

Well, let's just say, I did not purchase the VIP Transportation Package. But should have.

On. You just look more cool that way.

Yes. Clip-ons= Cool :rolleyes2 But I did wear my tiara which more than made up for that.

Got home today : (
But we had a wonderful time! So many new and old things we got to do. Made some fun memories.
Thought of you often when we were there
You must be heading to the Keys now. Have a great time and will look forward to hearing about all your wild adventures.

You looked positively radiant. Vacation does that, doesn't it? I'm so glad I could meet you both and chat for the short time that we did. Got home yesterday and am already deep into fondly remembering all of our fun adventures.

Awwww...I have to change/delete my ticker. :sad1:
We're hoping to go back in 5 years (maybe kids will join)
Maybe in a few years I'll put one back on

Me too. Sigh. Mine says I'll be back in a year. Snork.

Hi Liesa,

I'm here now and can't wait to read all about it.

At least I know the MNSSHP was a success!

Hey there, Karilynn!! It was such fun meeting up with you during the party!! I really loved our line chat! It was a smashing success! I loved every minute of it!

I'M BAAACK!!!!

For all ya'll who don't know of me, I'm Rebekah, Darling Daughter of your magical Hostess. I'm also a nurse, graduated back in 2013, so proud to be able to say Mom followed in my footsteps! (I couldn't find a pompous enough smiley-man, but I degress!)

Just wanted to drop this little crown jewel for you all, Mom says they're really enjoying the Keys so far.

Look at my beautiful parents - King and Queen of the Burger!

Thank you so much for that.

Of course your Mom is supposed to wear a crown, so that fits.

And don't you forget it!

All right, Mike!

Hubba

Oh, you're never boring.

There are plenty of adjectives that might suffice, boring is not one.

All right, Mike!

Hubba hubba

Looking forward to them!

I'll do my best.

Wait. So Mickey peers down your pants and checks.... OMG.

There is no possible way for that to happen with how the costumes are set up. Just sayin'.

Well, no. But I kept pulling a Marilyn Monroe in my droid dress yesterday and had I been commando, I'm sure someone might have noticed! :lmao:

But the breeze might have been nice.

If Mickey doesn't approve..... then they're better stories.

I'll let you all be the judge of that.

All I can say is, this is gonna be one heck of a trip report!

Like I told the PK, I'll do my best. ;)

Wow, now I'm really looking forward to hearing the tales...while we all sat here and went on...:)....

And now, I'm right square with you... going on. With laundry, dishes, (I suppose I should shop a bit today for something that resembles food), and the rain I came home to.

(((((Sigh)))))

It is true.

:sad::sad::sad:

Glad you're back! Hope you had a fantastic trip, I can't wait to hear all about it!

I hope you've got a couple days rest before it's back to work. Vacation can be exhausting!

I did have a couple of days, but as with most things, I have a little (tragic) story about my "couple of days off".

Welcome back!

And how surreal does it feel, after all this time, that it's over?

Surreal? The vacation, yes. The re-entry.... very real, like a bucket of icy water right in the face.

Welcome home!! I hope the trip was all you wanted it to be. I can't wait to read about it!

That and so much more.

Yay! Wonderful mediocre stories from Liesa!

I suppose that's better than crappy, mediocre stories from Liesa.

Gotta have clean undies.
At least that's what Mom always told me.

Did she also throw in the bit about the paramedics and ER staff seeing them if you were in an accident and knowing if they were clean or not? I'm really not why that'd matter since we cut them off anyway.

Yes there is something to be said for clean undies and one's own bed. (yes just trying to console you after vacay...but hope it works) Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures though. And it is great that you do have something awesome to look forward to so soon.

Absolutely. Although, last night, being the first in my own bed for 11? 12? nights, I realized I really need a new pillow. Mine is flat as a pancake.

From someone who needs to start packing tomorrow I understand.

And are you? How about Fran? LOL!

Well that's always nice, and then when you run out you can come down to DL and make some more!

That is actually a very distinct possibility. I still have family in Hemet that I haven't seen in years, and would really like to.

Well that's more exciting than me, but I leave Wednesday for some extended fun, so I guess we'll be waiting a bit for regular installments....

Wait! I guess my aging mind is not remembering this, or maybe I didn't realize? Where are you going??

Yikes! What's it been now? Like a week?

OH come on. Everyone knows undies have 2 sides.

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about it for the next year or so!

Thanks, Irene!! :) I'll try to get things started pretty soon!

Welcome back! Hopefully writing your TR will keep you in the happy space . I still need to finish mine. Can't find that darn pic of Ellen and the other DIS moms. :scratchin oh, and set my alarm for 2 am because I read that Disneyland ressie open at 12am PT. Well they did not today, so trying to go back to slerp. Jim will be getting up in 2 1/2 hours. Good thing tomorrow us a half day.:snail:

THanks, Tammie! By the way, I wore the sweet bracelet you gave to me a lot on this trip! Thanks again for that!

I'm sure you'll finish yours. :) We'll be there when you do.

Welcome home! And is it me, or did that go by really quickly?

Yeah, it did, sadly. But still managed to cram a crap-ton of fun memories in. :)

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great trip and will have some interesting stories for us. :goodvibes

Thanks, Lessa! I am sure you're going to love the stories; thanks for sticking around!

Welcome back! I'm not far behind you, I hope you get back into a routine before uprooting it all over again for yet another trip!

I am trying! Laundry is halfway done, and the dishes are under control. Food in the house, though, is an altogether different story.

A year?!?!? Who do you think you are? Me?

Well, doesn't everyone want to be you?

I understand. You certainly have a lot on your plate!

So we'll give you 24 hours.

GAH, the pressure!!

ah. So you have some breathing room.

A little. A very, very little.

Temptress.

Nailed it!

Er... uh....
Suddenly not that hungry.

Spoil sport.

A fact of which I'm sure you were infinitely relieved.

You have no idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter