A WISH for Cold Tea? Ana's aMAWzing Disney Trip! 12/1-12/7 ~Last Entry~ p.127

It's already been six months?!? Wow, time flies! Prayers going up for Juliana!!!!!!

3 more days left on the TR...Tim, I only have 4 days until I leave! Move it, move it! I want to find out what happens at the end! :laughing: ;)

Good luck with the scans and blood work Tim. Tell your little angel I say good luck and I'm send prayers and good vibes. :goodvibes Poor Kid, getting poked with needles is never fun. :guilty:

Thanks to everyone for posting!!! I wanted to let you all know that on Friday (25th) Juliana has her 6 month scans scheduled. I can't believe it has already been 6 months since her last scans and bloodwork. If you have time to say a little prayer for her that everything will be fine, we would appreciate it. :goodvibes I'm sure it will be, there has been no indication otherwise. After this clinic visit she only has 3 more to go before she is considered cured!!!!

will definately keep her in our prayers! sending lots of pixie dust too!

Originally Posted by that's nice
Thanks to everyone for posting!!! I wanted to let you all know that on Friday (25th) Juliana has her 6 month scans scheduled. I can't believe it has already been 6 months since her last scans and bloodwork. If you have time to say a little prayer for her that everything will be fine, we would appreciate it. I'm sure it will be, there has been no indication otherwise. After this clinic visit she only has 3 more to go before she is considered cured!!!!
No matter how great they've been feeling and acting, the scans are always a little nerve racking and scary. Elliot has his in 2 weeks and I am already dreading it. Does she have to be sedated? Elliot does, and I think it's the worst part. How soon after do you get the results? I am sure you'll receive nothing but good news but you all will be in my thoughts until given the all clear! :hug:

What a nice long update! :) Sounds like a decent meal. Lots of great character interaction! :cool1:

Very jealous that you got to see Osbourne Family Lights. That is HIGH on my list! Your pictures were great. :thumbsup2

I read they are starting to finish another section of Pop - Maybe it can be a Toontown section?:confused3
Oooooh, what a great idea!!!! Maybe you need to email that idea to the Disney higher-ups!!!! :lmao:

Finally subscribing!

I'll text you on Friday morning and will keep Juliana in my prayers until then!

With the way our clinic runs late, we could probably just meet for dinner! :rotfl2::rotfl2:
:welcome: Christopher!

Sounds good! We usually don't get stuck there for too long, but there has been times we were there for hours (and hours). popcorn::

It's already been six months?!? Wow, time flies! Prayers going up for Juliana!!!!!!
Thanks Brook. I can't believe it is time either.

3 more days left on the TR...Tim, I only have 4 days until I leave! Move it, move it! I want to find out what happens at the end! :laughing: ;)
I highly doubt I'll be done in 4 days. :surfweb: Aren't you gonna have internet access in that upscale hotel you are staying in? :lmao:

Good luck with the scans and blood work Tim. Tell your little angel I say good luck and I'm send prayers and good vibes. :goodvibes Poor Kid, getting poked with needles is never fun. :guilty:
Morning Tim ,Ana is in my prayers still !!:worship::hug:
will definately keep her in our prayers! sending lots of pixie dust too!

Thanks guys... :grouphug:

No matter how great they've been feeling and acting, the scans are always a little nerve racking and scary. Elliot has his in 2 weeks and I am already dreading it. Does she have to be sedated? Elliot does, and I think it's the worst part. How soon after do you get the results? I am sure you'll receive nothing but good news but you all will be in my thoughts until given the all clear! :hug:
Does Elliot need CAT scans every time? The first time Juliana had a CAT scan she was sedated, then the next time the doctor that did the 'quick' sedation(sorry, I don't remember what it was called) wasn't there so they were going to knock her out for a few hours for the 5 minute scan. We practiced with her laying still and we took the chance that she could do it. She was 2 at the time and the tech said she never seen a child her age do that.

We just do x-rays and ultra-sounds now, along with a checkup and blood work. We usually get the scan and blood work results the same day. Usually.

What a nice long update! :) Sounds like a decent meal. Lots of great character interaction! :cool1:
Dinner was good, it didn't BLOW us away or anything... but that was OK. The prices were decent and it was a solid meal. We saw so many characters this day. Some little princess was getting spoiled. princess: :lmao:

Very jealous that you got to see Osbourne Family Lights. That is HIGH on my list! Your pictures were great. :thumbsup2
Thanks!!!! The lights were amazing! :rainbow:

Time to schedule that December trip! ::yes:: ;)

Does Elliot need CAT scans every time? The first time Juliana had a CAT scan she was sedated, then the next time the doctor that did the 'quick' sedation(sorry, I don't remember what it was called) wasn't there so they were going to knock her out for a few hours for the 5 minute scan. We practiced with her laying still and we took the chance that she could do it. She was 2 at the time and the tech said she never seen a child her age do that.

We just do x-rays and ultra-sounds now, along with a checkup and blood work. We usually get the scan and blood work results the same day. Usually.

He has to get a CT Scan and MRI in March, then 3 months later he gets an x-ray and ultrasound, then 3 months later the CT and MRI again, and so on.

WOW ~ I don't remember if I commented on your updates since my computer was down. I went on a few times while at work but I couldn't comment much

I have to say that the pic from HS of Juliana is absolutely adorable & one of my favs as well.... :) I can not believe that lady with the dress.... I guess she was hoping that you would offer it to her... :confused3

I showed my husband the pic of your calamari because he loves it ~ he really appreciates good pics of food so keep em comin he says even though melody makes fun of you :lmao:

We absolutely LOVE the pic of Juliana with her head to Mickey's nose... so cute :)

Your pics of the lights were AWESOME!!! The girls asked if that would still be there when we get there.... LOL

Your updates always make us smile.... keep them comin.... THANKS!!!!

Just read a bit more and wanted to say good luck with the scans and hope everything goes smoothly. :hug:
Thanks Carissa. :)

He has to get a CT Scan and MRI in March, then 3 months later he gets an x-ray and ultrasound, then 3 months later the CT and MRI again, and so on.
I guess it has to do with the regimen Elliot is on. I'm sure his is more intense due to the stage Wilms he had.

I was getting to those updates just rolling out of your little mind lately, Tim. And not a sign of one in four days. Seems to me that we need to get this back on schedule, don't you think? ;)

I have to say that the pic from HS of Juliana is absolutely adorable & one of my favs as well.... :) I can not believe that lady with the dress.... I guess she was hoping that you would offer it to her... :confused3
There was NO WAY I was offering that dress to anybody.. Although if she wanted to offer me 10K I might have REALLYYYYYYY thought about it! :lmao::lmao:

I showed my husband the pic of your calamari because he loves it ~ he really appreciates good pics of food so keep em comin he says even though melody makes fun of you :lmao:
LOL I'm not sure if I have many more food pics... Tell your husband I will post what I have though. :thumbsup2

We absolutely LOVE the pic of Juliana with her head to Mickey's nose... so cute :)
Thank you. :goodvibes

Your pics of the lights were AWESOME!!! The girls asked if that would still be there when we get there.... LOL
AWWWWWW I hope you told them the truth. ;)

I wish they were there all the time. ::yes::

Your updates always make us smile.... keep them comin.... THANKS!!!!
No problem! Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

I was getting to those updates just rolling out of your little mind lately, Tim. And not a sign of one in four days. Seems to me that we need to get this back on schedule, don't you think? ;)
HAHAHA... you have me dying over here!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I will have something up tonight... meaning you will get to read it in the a.m.! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

::yes::Kathy is back with her gentle, nudging ways!

Our alarm clock went off- and by alarm clock I mean Juliana- at 7am. I guess it was time to wake up. We got ready then took a nice morning walk over to the Gingerbread house for breakfast.

Juliana had a VERY important call to make...

DSC00942.jpg

The menu changes daily but I'm pretty sure I had eggs & french toast- hold the grits. Once again, the place was buzzing with volunteers who were more than happy to carry your tray, get you something to drink, and clean up for you. They always had smiles on their faces and they were a pleasure talking to.

After breakfast, we stopped for a quick picture.

DSC00943.jpg

We walked back to the villa and grabbed the car. We were going to Sea World- which was both exciting and a little scary. I didn't do too much research before hand on Sea World but we had a trump card in our pocket- personal tour guides! Melody's cousin's wife and the boys were meeting us at Sea World. This was the last week of their AP so it worked out perfectly!

The drive was no more than 20 minutes. On the way, the skies were getting darker and darker. It wasn't looking good. We were pulling into the parking lot when the skies opened up. We found a spot and the rain was coming down so hard. I checked the radar on my phone and there was only 1 narrow band of showers. Melody called her cousin's wife and she was just pulling into the parking lot. We both sat in our cars for about 10 minutes when the rain finally decided to slow. I checked the radar again and the rain was passing. We were happy about that! Time to head into the park.

DSC00944.jpg

We stopped to pick up a map and show schedule and saw the the dolphin show 'Blue Horizons' was starting shortly. So thats where we headed.

Some flamingos on the way.

DSC00946.jpg

We made it to the show with about 10 minutes to spare.

Waiting for the show to start.

DSC00949.jpg

The show has various dolphins, birds, acrobats, divers.. what more could you want?

The theatre..

DSC00952.jpg

Acrobatic 'birds' on trapezes.

DSC00957.jpg

This is hard to see but the dolphin is out of the water with a trainer standing on its nose.

DSC00962.jpg

That's one big dolphin.

DSC00963.jpg

This guy was riding 2 dolphins while standing on them.... I wanted to do that!

DSC00965.jpg

Few other shots...

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

The show was really good. The kids watched wide eyed the whole time. We grabbed the strollers and walked over to see if the kids could feed the dolphins. They have set times for the feedings and we were arriving a little late. There were people already feeding them but they do it with 3-4 different groups. We went over to the line and talked to someone about getting the kids in. They sent us to a side entrance and there was another family waiting there who was staying at GKTW. We chatted with them for a few minutes till it was our turn.

Our time came, and we were instructed to stand away from the water near the wall. The kids were listening very well... and the sun was starting to break through!

DSC00972.jpg

The workers came over with fish for the kids and they even gave free fish to Juliana's cousins. After everyone received their fish it was time to feed them.

Juliana was so funny. She had no problem picking up the fish and dropping them in the dolphins mouth. Her cousin didn't want to touch his fish so Juliana got an extra tray!

DSC00975.jpg

I took a short video but for some reason I cannot get it to upload? I will keep trying....

Can you can see the little ledge in the water? The trainers had the dolphins come over and lay on the ledge and Juliana was able to pet the dolphins! She really loved that!

DSC00976.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

We had a great time with the dolphins and it was one of the highlight's of the trip. We left the feeding area and I spotted one of the coasters- Manta.

DSC00947.jpg

So I went on Manta while the girls took the kids to the aquarium.

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00982.jpg

Back to Manta.... picture this... the track is above you and you are sitting in a seat with your feet dangling.. (thanks google!!!)

seaworld-manta.jpg

Right before you take off, your seat rotates 90 degrees forward so you are no longer looking straight but you are looking straight down. Like this..

sea-world-rides-manta-1.jpg

The ride takes off and has about 6 loops in it. It was a rush.. until I got off. Man, I was really dizzy. It was a total different sensation than a sitting coaster. I called the girls and they were still in the aquarium so I stumbled like a drunk sailor over to another coaster- Kraken. This was just your normal coaster with about 9 loops in it. I loved it! I would of tried to ride it again but Melody was wondering where I was at this point. I walked back over to meet them to see what else Sea World had to offer.

Up next... Sharks, rides, & Killer Whales!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter