A WISH for Cold Tea? Ana's aMAWzing Disney Trip! 12/1-12/7 ~Last Entry~ p.127

Tim, The photos are amazing! You did a wonderful job capturing the show, I want your camera! HOW did you ever manage to get the shot of the trainer standing on the dolphin? I Loved seeing Juliana feeding those BEAUTIFUL dolphins...they are gorgeous, but don't hold a candle to your pretty ladies, I loved the photo of all of you at GKTW (second one in after Ana had the important phone call) :lmao: That is awesome that you had "tour guides" and company to help you around and that coaster...WILD! Did it hurt your back (asks the old lady) :rotfl2: The cousins in the aquarium are too cute!

I have one thing more to say...What do you mean you skipped the girts???? :scared1: This southern lady says if you don't like grits, you simply haven't had them cooked properly to enjoy! Come on down to NC and I will fix you some that will turn you into a convert. Just ask my hubby, he HATED them when he met me...or so he thought...:lmao:

LOVE your Sea World update! :flower3:

I agree, your photos are like post cards. Whats the camera again?

How cute Juliana and her cousin are together. I take it he was feeling much better from your previous meeting with them. Wow, I'm surprised that the oldest didn't want to feed the dolphin. I totally would've enjoyed that.

Ha-ha, the Manta. Can I tell you everytime I drive past Sea World and see people on the ride I swear I can hear them. Or maybe it's because I'm sitting there pretend screaming along. LOL, the fiancee thinks I'm crazy when I do it but I have fun. :rotfl:

Great photos Tim!!
love the "phone call" and aquarium shots!

my DH would of been all over those coasters too, me not so much! good thing you didn't lose your breakfast :lmao:

so great Ana got to feed the dolphins, its a fun thing to do! (I'm taking Megan to Discovery Cove on our trip, can't wait to experience swimming with the dolphins)

This guy was riding 2 dolphins while standing on them.... I wanted to do that!
Me too!!!

Juliana was so funny. She had no problem picking up the fish and dropping them in the dolphins mouth. Her cousin didn't want to touch his fish so Juliana got an extra tray!
Dolphins are cool.:cool2: I'm glad she got a chance to feed and pet them. Even better, I'm glad she went through with it and enjoyed it rather than being scared of them.

The ride takes off and has about 6 loops in it. It was a rush.. until I got off. Man, I was really dizzy. It was a total different sensation than a sitting coaster. I called the girls and they were still in the aquarium so I stumbled like a drunk sailor over to another coaster- Kraken. This was just your normal coaster with about 9 loops in it. I loved it! I would of tried to ride it again but Melody was wondering where I was at this point. I walked back over to meet them to see what else Sea World had to offer.
That was very nice of the moms to give you a little solo time to hit the big kid rides.:thumbsup2 I love rollercoasters but have never been on one of them that lays you on your stomach like that. It looks like a lot of fun. We may have to make our first visit to Sea World sometime so I can check it out...

Our alarm clock went off- and by alarm clock I mean Juliana- at 7am. I guess it was time to wake up.
Do not attempt to hit the 'snooze' button. That's child abuse. :rotfl2:

Juliana had a VERY important call to make...

DSC00942.jpg
I hate to break it to you, Tim, but she's just pretending to make a call. You can tell because the banana is upside down.
I didn't do too much research before hand on Sea World but we had a trump card in our pocket- personal tour guides! Melody's cousin's wife and the boys were meeting us at Sea World.
Did you make them wear funny "tour guide" hats? I would have. :rotfl:

The drive was no more than 20 minutes. On the way, the skies were getting darker and darker. It wasn't looking good. We were pulling into the parking lot when the skies opened up. We found a spot and the rain was coming down so hard. I checked the radar on my phone and there was only 1 narrow band of showers.

Wow, remember the old days when you had to actually wait to watch the weather on the local news? Or sit around through 4 commercials for them to read it on the radio. Heck, the other day I checked the newspaper for the weather - the map they had printed there was like 14 hours old!

The show has various dolphins, birds, acrobats, divers.. what more could you want?
That show looks pretty cool! Great pictures!
This guy was riding 2 dolphins while standing on them.... I wanted to do that!
Me too! Last time we were at the local pool, I had each kid grab a foot and drag me through the shallow end while I scooted along on my butt. I was kind of the same, but not really. :sad1:

The workers came over with fish for the kids and they even gave free fish to Juliana's cousins. After everyone received their fish it was time to feed them.

Juliana was so funny. She had no problem picking up the fish and dropping them in the dolphins mouth. Her cousin didn't want to touch his fish so Juliana got an extra tray!
Awesome! We go to do this a few years ago - the kids loved it. And as an added bonus - your hand smells like dead fish the rest of the day!:thumbsup2
Back to Manta.... picture this... the track is above you and you are sitting in a seat with your feet dangling.. (thanks google!!!)
I haven't done Manta yet, but Six Flags Great America near Chicago has a similar ride - Superman. It's really cool and makes you feel like you're really flying! Do you get wet on manta? I heard you get pretty close to the water.

Great update, Tim. We've not been to Sea World since Andy and Mark were probably around 9 and 7. I think the next time we are in Disney for a long period of time as opposed to only four or five days, we will have to get back.

You can just see the excitement in Ana's face as she was feeding the dolphins. And how nice that they gave free fish to her cousins as well. :goodvibes

As for your roller coaster trips -- glad it was you buddy and not me. Nope, too darn old to handle those. I would have been on my way to the hospital after that first one. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

And I just love this:
anaonphone.jpg

I love Sea World! Granted, I haven't been to the one in Florida yet......:rolleyes1. DH wants to spend all of our time in Disney, go figure.:lmao:

Ana looks like she had a blast feeding the dolphins! Hooray for her being able to pet them!:thumbsup2

Coaster drunk, huh? Not something that usually happens on Disney coasters.:lmao:

DSC00942.jpg
RING, RING, RING, RING, BANANA PHONE!!!

There's a flash video floating around the internets, where this guy goes crazy after hearing the Raffi song "Banana Phone" but no one else can hear it but him. It has some profain language so I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to post a link here. However anyone who wants to see it just search "Banana Phone Flash Video". I thought of this as soon as I saw this picture. Here is the song though Banana Phone by Raffi, which doesn't have any dirty words, it's a kids song actually, it's by the same guy who sings the Baby Baluga song.

These two are so cute!!!

That's one big dolphin.

DSC00963.jpg
:eek: Is this the Alpha Dolphin??? I think this is the biggest Dolphin I've ever seen.

AWWWW, how awesome that you guys got the feed the Dolphins!!!! Hopefully you can get that video working. I'd love to see it.popcorn::

:rotfl: This is cool!! Great shot.

We have a coaster just like this at our local Six Flags - Great America called Superman. It's a really cool coaster, like you said, way different sensation than a regular sit down coaster. However, I always freak out when we're going up for the first drop. I always feel like I'm going to fall. Once the coaster gets going I'm ok though. Kathy probably knows what coaster I'm talking about since she grew up in the Chicagoland area like me.

Awesome update with loads of great pictures!

That coaster looked well, I just don't know how I'd have done. It might have gotten "messy".

Feeding dolphins looked SOOOOOO cool. I know Anara would love that- what little kid (or adult) wouldn't??

So, did Ana learn "banana phone" on her own? or did Daddy teach her?

Kathy probably knows what coaster I'm talking about since she grew up in the Chicagoland area like me.

Kristin, you are right. We have a couple of those at Great America. I believe it is either King's Island or Cedar Point in Ohio that has some very similar. My oldest made me do one of them and that was the LAST time you got me on one. I won't even do Rock & Roll anymore. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

DSC00942.jpg

Can you hear me now? Can you hear me now?

Great picture, except for that ugly shirt you're wearing. :rolleyes:

The show has various dolphins, birds, acrobats, divers.. what more could you want?

Must you even ask? Pyrotechnics! :thumbsup2

The workers came over with fish for the kids and they even gave free fish to Juliana's cousins. After everyone received their fish it was time to feed them.

She got to feed the dolphins?! That's awesome!

Back to Manta.... picture this... the track is above you and you are sitting in a seat with your feet dangling.. (thanks google!!!)

Right before you take off, your seat rotates 90 degrees forward so you are no longer looking straight but you are looking straight down. Like this..

The ride takes off and has about 6 loops in it. It was a rush.. until I got off. Man, I was really dizzy. It was a total different sensation than a sitting coaster. I called the girls and they were still in the aquarium so I stumbled like a drunk sailor over to another coaster- Kraken. This was just your normal coaster with about 9 loops in it.

:faint:

Better you than me! I hear for their next "thrill" ride, they're just going to line people up to have them jump off a building. :rotfl:

Sea World look amazing. Their show are always enjoyable to watch. Especially when you are an animal lover....:rotfl: Feeding the dolphins look like so much fun.

Nice update Tim. We visited Sea World back in '05 and my kids got to feed the dolphins too -- they loved it.

Where can I get one of those banana-phones? Is that just a GKTW thing? ;)

Great update Tim! Or should I say Timmy? Got that from Kathy!:laughing:

Love this sweet pic of Ana with her banana phone! She looks very into her conversation, who was talking to? Cinderella?
DSC00942.jpg

We've never done the Orlando Seaworld but we've done the San Diego one and it was a blast! Sooo much fun! It looks like you guys enjoyed it too. This is an adorable pic of the two cousins. They look excited for the show to begin!
DSC00949.jpg

Whoa, you took some excellent pics of the dolphin show!:thumbsup2 This is a dolpin? I thought it was a baby whale!:laughing: He's huge!
DSC00963.jpg

I love that Ana was fearless while feeding the dolphins! What a special thing to be able to do. She looks adorable feeding them.:cutie:

Ok dude, that coaster looks AMAZING! I soooo would've gone on it! DH and I love unique coasters like that one. We pretty much go on everything and now my girls love coasters too. In San Diego, they have a coaster called Journey to Atlantis that is part coaster, part water ride. It was cool but kinda tame.

Years ago, I went on that Batman coaster at Six Flags NJ and thought it was incredible because you hang under the track. Now that Manta one you did, wow! I'm sure I'd have been a tad dizzy too afterward. Did you see anyone puking?:laughing: Very fun that you were able to ride a couple of thrill rides while there.:thumbsup2 Looks like another fabulous day for you all. And I love Ana's outfit, was it one of the Big Give presents?

Looking forward to the rest of Seaworld, although I have a tiny fear of sharks so I hope you're not planning to include pics of them!:eek:

looks like a fun SW day so far...i went on the superman ride at Six flags like that...many that was a weird feeling going down the first hill and into the loop

like you said dizzy city after that

so prob. wasnt a good move to make that our first coaster of the day, didnt help the other rides much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter