A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip (Time to Say Goodbye)

BrooklynnsMommy

DIS Veteran
So we just left our Thanksgiving trip. It is now time for us all to enjoy Disney World for Spring Break and the Flower and Garden Festival. Except only two hobbling old ladies are actually going to enjoy it. The rest of us just have have to transport ourselves through the pictures (there will be tons!) and stories (I can guarantee you some very interesting ones) when they return. MeMom and her friend Kay both very much deserve this break from the stresses of the real world and they will have lots of fun. Two regular members of the MeMom entourage will be missing, me and Brooklynn. For some reason my doctor just did not feel comfortable with me flying to Orlando and walking miles and miles every day when I am 3 weeks away from having princess #2, go figure. So Brooklynn and I will be staying behind in Alabama and relaying live trip updates from MeMom and preparing for Isabella's arrival.

For those of you just joining us let us introduce the cast -

MeMom - she is usually hidden in some form or fashion in every picture. the only way to know it is really her if you meet her in person is if she is down on the ground with her camera trying to get just the right angle with no people in it in the middle of the street at Hollywood Studios.

IMG_1725.jpg

Kay - MeMom's friend from back in the day. Kay is a talker. She will talk to anyone about everything. The only problem is she starts on one thing and drifts to another subject, and then goes to something totally unrelated which leads to something extremely irrelevant and then ends her conversation somewhere else. Don't try to follow the conversation you will get a headache - just slowly back away from the crazy woman (make sure you step over the woman on the ground taking pictures!) and run as fast as you can the other way. Or you can stay and listen because they say laughter is the best medicine!

disneypics624.jpg

disneypic3-1790.jpg

Those of us who have to stay behind:

Brooklynn - she doesn't get to go, because her mommy can't go

IMG_0530.jpg

and me - her mommy who doesn't get to go because she currently looks like this...

DSC00920-1.jpg

The hobbling old women leave first thing in the morning and I will update as often as they call and then when they return we will be counting down to Isabella's arrival and our big family trip at the end of July!

Hey I'm here! Can't wait to see what pictures and stories MeMom is going to come back with :goodvibes

Yea!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!! I know I will be seeing, oh, alot of pictures!! :lmao:

I'll join in, too!

Oh yeah, I'm actually the one going!
Cool.

If you want to know more about me, you can read the other trip reports in my signature.

My friend, Kay, is going with me on this trip. We became friends while working at McDonald's many, many years ago. I'll tell you more about her when I have more time. She has been to Disney World three other times with us. When the kids were little, she and the youngest two of her four kids came along with me and all of my kids, and we had a great time. We stayed with relatives in St. Pete and only went to Magic Kingdom for one day. She came with me a second time when Jill was about to have Brooklynn, and that time Drew and his buddy, Sam came with us. She came along on our March girls only trip last year, and we had a lot of fun on that one. Jill spent a lot of time rolling her eyes at us, I think.

This time, it's just a friends only trip. No kids.
Not really the way I'd like it, but I want this break, and I know she needs this break. I know we'll have a lot of fun when we get there.

I hope we won't bore you too much with this report. We will not have a lot of pretty people in our pictures, unfortunately. No sweet little Brooklynn leading the way, either. It will be a different kind of trip - my first without even one or more of my kids. I've struggled with it a lot, to be honest, but I know that when we get there, we will have a lot of fun. We both work hard, and now it is time to play.

It is yet to be seen if Disney World has as much magic for me without my family. I'm thinking it will not.

First and foremost, I will miss my little Brooklynn. I will be honest. I have shed tears over that.
The trip was originally Kay and I going with Brooklynn and Kay's grandson, Dillon/Dylan. (I'm not sure how they spell it.) Her son's family ended up moving to Colorado, so it was down to three. Between John thinking I would lose Brooklynn (I raised three alone and never lost one once) and me feeling bad for Kay not being able to have her grandson along, it was just best to change it to two for the sake of everyone's feelings.

I had to make up this MeMom and Me trip that Brooklynn already knew about, so Jill and I decided we'd have a Disney Day party with all of her cousins when I get back. We've got some fun things in store for that, if Isabella cooperates and doesn't come way early.

I have to finish a lot of things around here, and if I don't check back in tonight, I'll check in right before we leave in the morning.

Just for those of you who are traveling along with us, here's where you can plan on being.

Wed. - Hollywood Studios
Thurs. - Animal Kingdom
Fri. - Epcot
Sat. - Magic Kingdom
Sun. - repeat whatever park Kay likes best, since she doesn't get to go as often as I do

More later.

I will be thinking about your trip and hoping you soak in lots of Disney magic to bring back to share with everyone! Enjoy!

MeMom - I hope you have a wonderful time!!!!!

Jill - You look AWESOME!! I hope you are feeling good.

Glad to be along for another ride :goodvibes

Okay, so we can forget about the 10 - 2. Maybe I'll try for 11 - 2. :)

Kay got here later than expected and Jarvis was over here eating pizza and Drew came in from school and started clanging bike parts around and ten o'clock came and went without us noticing.

Anyway, things are quieter now. Jarvis went home. Kay went downstairs to sleep on the couch. Trent went to sleep. Drew is clearing my memory cards. And I'm...well, you know what I'm doing.

I'm really truly going to lay down and try to get at least two hours of sleep now. Forgive me for not responding to everyone right now.
I'm glad that you are all coming along with us! :dance3:

i'm in!!!! and i'm excited for the live updates! bring 'em on - i need some disney after the day i've had! :rotfl:

I finally fell asleep a little before midnight, I believe, and would you believe at 1:05 I got a phone call??? It was a wrong number! I will definitely be a zombie tonight!

We're getting ready right now, so I'll sign out. Keep us in your prayers. I really will think of you guys while I'm there. Have a great rest of the week!

Jill will keep you posted, and I'll come back with lots of pictures to share.

See ya real soon!

Brooklynnsmommy - when you are talking to them tell them to ride TOT or EE for me. :lmao:

Hope you and your Princesses are doing well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter