A trip to the very HOT place! DD arrived at WDW College Program!!

I can't tell you how much we LOVED Cirque!!!! It was amazing. My daughter would like to travel to Las Vegas to see some of the other shows. (Not an immediate plan, but as she becomes more independent).

Yes, you did look just a little wet after Kali! :rotfl: Did you enjoy Cirque du Soleil? I really loved that show! Can't wait to read more about your trip! :surfweb:

I am really enjoying your trip report. :) Our girls are really looking forward to Animal Kingdom. They love zoos. We didn't go there last year but are for sure this time. Did you and Aubre enjoy Cirque du Soleil? My husband and I got to go to it in Feb.'06 and loved it. When we went a lady came in late and sat next to my husband. Because she was late she didn't hear the part about no pics and and took one not long after she sat down. The ushers were there in no time flat and started pointing their flashlights at my husband. He quickly pointed at the woman next to him. They gave her a warning about no flash photography. Luckily she didn't do it again. :)

I have really enjoyed reading your trip report. I am so sorry that you didn't feel well. There is nothing worse than being sick at WDW.

Kelly,

We LOVED this show. I'd love to see some of the others (like my daughter). After watching the Youtube clip, oh, I'd love to see more!!!! It's amazing. I am kicking myself for not getting the program. A good friend told me that when she goes to one of these 'no photos' shows, she buys the program and cuts that up to scrap the event/activity. DUH, why didn't I think of that. So needless to say, I'll be picking that up on our next trip (or have dd pick it up when she's down there).

I heard the announcement over and over, not only no flash photography, but NO photography, video, etc. They even said NO use of cell phones for photographing anything. I saw a lot of flashes going off when it first started and like you mentioned, the usher was there is seconds telling them NO pics.

I am really enjoying your trip report. :) Our girls are really looking forward to Animal Kingdom. They love zoos. We didn't go there last year but are for sure this time. Did you and Aubre enjoy Cirque du Soleil? My husband and I got to go to it in Feb.'06 and loved it. When we went a lady came in late and sat next to my husband. Because she was late she didn't hear the part about no pics and and took one not long after she sat down. The ushers were there in no time flat and started pointing their flashlights at my husband. He quickly pointed at the woman next to him. They gave her a warning about no flash photography. Luckily she didn't do it again. :)

Kelly,

We LOVED this show. I'd love to see some of the others (like my daughter). After watching the Youtube clip, oh, I'd love to see more!!!! It's amazing. I am kicking myself for not getting the program. A good friend told me that when she goes to one of these 'no photos' shows, she buys the program and cuts that up to scrap the event/activity. DUH, why didn't I think of that. So needless to say, I'll be picking that up on our next trip (or have dd pick it up when she's down there).

I heard the announcement over and over, not only no flash photography, but NO photography, video, etc. They even said NO use of cell phones for photographing anything. I saw a lot of flashes going off when it first started and like you mentioned, the usher was there is seconds telling them NO pics.
I have seen some other Cirque du Soleil on TV. I saw one on the Canadian Broadcasting Channel and another on either Bravo or A&E. I can't remember which one it was but it was cool to see even on TV. Not as cool as actually being there but still cool. :) Maybe your daughter can go to the show again while she is there this fall.

Just got caught up on your trip report.:thumbsup2 Your kids are absolutely beautiful. Will be waiting for more.

Oh and I almost forgot the stuff on the Figaro Fries is Ranch dressing.....yummy

Last day!!!! :scared1: Oh, my goodness, I can’t believe we have to go home today. The week actually flew by (as it does whenever you are away from home). I think the older I get the faster the time seems to go.

Actually after Aubre and I enjoyed the Cirque show, we had to catch the bus back to POP… DTD after 11pm, is actually very busy. We’ve never been there that late and of course the POP bus was sooo far away (the last bus stop before the roadway).

We luckily did not have to wait more than a few minutes for the bus. We were back at POP by 11:30 and now it was time to go pack. When we got to the room, Ty and hubby were already wiped out and ready to call it a night. I am a madman (woman) when it’s time to pack. I like to get all the dirty clothes sorted a bit and packed together so the clean clothes are all together (and not getting smelly). Of course the trip down we each had our own suitcase and now I was taking over ALL the suitcases. Not a pretty site.

It was after 1:30 am when I finally got into bed and of course had trouble sleeping as my mind races, what are we forgetting, etc…

The alarm starts at 6am, but dh is already up and moving. He showered and went to get his coffee. I get spastic when it comes to packing, always afraid we’ll forget something, or leave something behind. I shower and start the task of getting the millions of things we brought back into the space it did fit initially. You know, there always I more junk to take home. We brought food items with us, so we thought for sure we’d have some space, but NOOOOO we don’t. If you recall, we had free use of a fridge from a group of TGM-ers, so we had to clean that out (along with the coffee pot) to pack it all up to take to luggage assistance with us when we checked out. My thoughts for the day were to get up and get to A park at rope drop, then come back (we requested a late check out, so that gave us til noon to vacate the room) load up our luggage (cool off a bit) and go get stuff checked in at the airline check in and leave the remaining items with luggage assistance. Then we could go to DTD for lunch and some shopping. We didn’t need to be back at POP until 5pm (or just before).

Well, my plans were NOT the ones we were going to follow. I guess I am unrealistic at times. It took forever (or so it seemed) to get everything packed up. Dh went down to get a cart (as we had this fridge to take to Luggage Assistance) and we worked on getting everything packed up. Finally packed and can’t find one of the locks for the suitcases. We JUST bought these so we’d not have a problem and one got laid down somewhere and now we can’t find it… UGH!!!

FINALLY we are ready to leave our room for the last time. I get emotional about everything and the thought of leaving makes me so sad L

As we make our stroll towards Luggage Assistance and airline check in ds shows me a hidden Mickey. Can you see it? (I made this bigger, hoping you can see this)

2517421240074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

So where do we spend our last day....

I did not realize that. I love ranch dressing, maybe that is why they were sooo good. Thanks for the compliment. I can't believe they are so big (old). Other than our trip in December to see DD at Disney, this is probably the last 'family' vacation. I think she'll be moving our after her next semester. We'll see, oldest DS still comes by a LOT to see us, borrow stuff, eat our food, whatever else he can sneak in there, lol, but I LOVE IT :goodvibes

Just got caught up on your trip report.:thumbsup2 Your kids are absolutely beautiful. Will be waiting for more.

Oh and I almost forgot the stuff on the Figaro Fries is Ranch dressing.....yummy

So we get in the Epcot line (as DD really didn’t’ care which park we went too). Well you figured it, every bus but the Epcot bus comes (and some more than once!!!!) FIGURES!!! My thought was which ever bus we can get on first, would be our park for the morning. It was already 9:15 so we had missed rope drop everywhere.

We hung in and finally got a bus to Epcot. Tons of people show up right after the park opens!!! Going through the bag checked area seemed so congested, it moved quickly, but still just seemed like a LOT of people.

Once inside of Epcot we there was the famed photopass and this was our last chance to get pics done, so of course I had to do that. These were really good. If you haven’t stopped by to see our photopass pics, please do the very last one is a special one that they have resurrected for TINK.

Our Disney Photopass Pictures

2257025570074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Since DS wanted to do Mission Space, we headed in that direction. Since there was only a 10 minute wait, we grabbed fast passes for Test Track and then the kids and I did Mission Space. DD and I did the GREEN side while DS did the ORANGE side (crazy kid). Needless to say, we walked pretty much right in, got into the room (kind of like a big elevator with two tv screens) and it was there that we waited and waited and waited. It started to get very warm in there (many of us were fanning ourselves with our ticket). FINALLY the doors open and we head onto our mission. I debated on skipping out as I do get motion sickness, but was told I would be ok (from a friend who rode before). It was a great ride, but honestly, I was glad it was over and don’t know if I’ll ride again or not (felt queasy).

2087335510074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

We then headed over to the land (or that direction) but the time was so long, we went to see NEMO with maybe a five or ten minute wait. This is a new attraction and it was ‘cute’.

DD & DH in a clam shell
2857441510074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

DS and me on our self portrait
2821718460074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

We emptied that ride and walked through the aquarium area seeing all the different fish (even dolphins). A new Crush show was started and the kids had never seen this, so we got in line. Within about five minutes we were in the theater. After Crush, it was time to use our fast passes for Test Track. Unfortunately when I took my pic of the picture it had the words across?

2701241970074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

After this, it was time to leave the park for the last time!!! So sad. We wanted to go to DTD and there was not a direct bus there, so DD said, lets just take the first buss. It was going to Old Key West. Did you know that the busses from OKW run every ½ hour (not 20 minutes like at POP)… and the stop to wait for DTD is NOT near any cool air conditioned gift shop…. No it is in the 95+ degree heat (some shading). Needless to say, I wouldn’t want to stay there. As much nicer a resort than POP, but I liked all the stops being near each other in case you change minds or anything.

Up next, how long does it take to get to DTD?

Great trip report - just found it and have enjoyed reading all of it! Can't wait to try the Figaro fries - just read about them (and saw a pic) in someone's disney dining report earlier and now I'm really wanting to try them!

So sorry you were sick - been there, done that (different kind of sick, but still know how absolutely miserable it can be!).....

Thanks for a fun report!

Luckily it was probably only 15 minutes, but the bus finally came. We got off the bus in the marketplace, knowing we wanted to check out the shops and get some lunch. Decided everyone could find something at McDonalds so we head down that way. It was so hot already. I couldn’t believe it. We were all exhausted, hot, tired. This makes me rethink my idea of late day flights home. I wanted to ‘get my money’s worth’ so we arrived very early Monday and were leaving late today (Saturday). At this time, I am thinking what was wrong with me???

The only pictures I got at DTD were in front of the Cirque sign (as I didn’t take any the previous night by the theater).

2701566970074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

2787893380074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

We enjoyed lunch and did some window-shopping. I don’t think we bought anything as we were too wiped and honestly we knew we’d be back in a few months.

It was around 2:30 and we were all worn out so we decided we’d go back to POP and just sit in the snack area and relax (in the cool air). DS decided to do some self portraits, lol…

2278078070074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

After arriving back at POP, we got a snack and then took a walk around POP and took some pictures:

2069200420074672119S425x425Q85.jpg
2913128670074672119S425x425Q85.jpg
2120680080074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Giant Playdough
2961755310074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Jungle Book
2528053620074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

A zoomed in shot of the Legendary Years section. So odd to see it just sitting. I’d love to see them turn it into more suites.

2271012460074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Goofy, his car and Tyler

2504171350074672119S425x425Q85.jpg
2161375280074672119S425x425Q85.jpg
2220484140074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Big Wheel
2877696830074672119S425x425Q85.jpg
2092033670074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Mickey Phone
2210401110074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

After our little stroll around POP, it was time to go wait for the bus. We got outside to see one bus loading and getting ready to leave. It was just about 5pm and our bus was supposed to come at 5:15, so we panicked thinking it might of come early. Fortunately, it was the 4:45 running behind!!! That was fine. So we got our stuff situated on the curb waiting our bus and a CM came by and struck up a conversation. He works at POP and is originally from SD. He came to Disney for a College Program and now lives there and works full time for the MOUSE!!! I have heard more and more of this and am worried DD won’t ever want to come home. He was kind and shared some tid bits of information and also his email and phone number for DD so if she had ANY questions when she gets there, she can call him. Very nice. (and no, he was NOT hitting on her).. thankfully.

Our bus arrived right on time and sorry to say, we were officially leaving Disney!!! I hate to go home (but love going home)!!! We did have a delay at the airport, but we just hung out and rested there (bought a book, magazines, food, stuff) to pass the time. Of course, we had to make one stop at the Harley store for more pics on the bike there.

2322413090074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

If you have managed to stick around while I remembered our trip, I want to thank you. I love to read trip reports, and find it hard to pull myself away when I get into one. I know this hasn’t been too exciting, but we’ll be back in three months and two weeks, and I’ll have more to write about.

If you’d like, I’ll update when our DD gets settled into the College Program at Disney and we find where she is working.

Great trip report! I am sorry to see it done. I really enjoyed your Photo pass pictures. The Tink one is so cute. I am glad they have resurrected that one. Do you have to ask them for that pose or will they tell you? I would love to have one with my daughters holding Tink.
I think we'd all love to hear an update after DD gets settled.
Thanks again for a great trip report!
Oh, I also hope you all are feeling better now.

It was a great report. I love reports with pics and great retelling of the trip. :thumbsup2

Definitely do another one when you go next time.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter