A trip to the very HOT place! DD arrived at WDW College Program!!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by pjstevens, Aug 19, 2007.

1. BuzzandAriel'smom

BuzzandAriel'smom DIS Veteran

We were there 8/6-8/15 and we all got sick too. We had sore throats and hacking coughs. I hear ALOT of people with the same cough. Luckily it wasn't the kind of cold that knocks you down for a few days!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. goofiecrazy

goofiecrazy Mouseketeer

You dont see many peope from the little state of Delaware!!Where from De are u from?My Disney family is from Wilmington.Where did u get the stuff to decorate the door and window?

4. pjstevens

pjstevens Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder

Wendy,

OMG!!!!! We live in Claymont, but I work on Concord Pike, which is considered Wilmington. If you'd like, send me a pm.... I'd love to 'meet' another dis-er from close by. Most of my decorations were the free hdmh paint samples. I laminated them to protect for our trip back in a few months. I used place mats from the dollar store and then the 'stickers' on the door were actually those wallpaper clings. They stick great to the door and leave no residue. Unfortunately, our trip last year, I was able to find a bunch of them, but passed them along to another dis-er who was decorating their room. This year, only found the one mickey and goofy. Oh, well. Have to keep my eye out again for next trip (oh btw, I got those at the dollar store also). Used Christmas lights (remember an extension cord) around the window (one little string was enough.)

5. pjstevens

A couple shots of leaving Epcot at night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. thptrek

thptrek DIS Veteran

I would guess that they won the night in the castle. The camera and the watching of the DVD player sounds like what has happened when some DISers won won the castles stay won.

When we were in WDW in March I had LGMH tags on my camera case and never saw a DISer the whole week. It just goes to show you that although there are a lot of us, the park is really big.

7. pjstevens

I was wondering that, as they were in Epcot and didn't know if they only awarded the castle to MK guests. I was not able to see what they were shown, and wondered if the won the DVC or the trip thing.

8. MissMichelle

MissMichelle DIS Veteran

Love the photos...Too bad you got so sick...I know the feeling..I felt AWFUL my last 2 days in WDW and I hated feeling that way there. puts a damper on vaca :(

Can't wait to read more!

9. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

Ok just found this tr and just got caught up. great so far. Sorry not feeling well in Disney.

10. pjstevens

Here's a photo of hubby and tyler on the segway (taken with Tyler's phone).

[​IMG]

11. tinknme

tinknme <font color=green>I happened to be posting on the

Great TR so far, look forward to reading more! Sorry to hear you were not feeling well.

12. PrincessAlways

PrincessAlways DIS Veteran

August trip? I can't imagine how hot it was! :confused3 We were there the first week of June & I thought the heat was unbearable at that time! Sorry to hear you were not feeling well. :sick: It seems like your naps helped a little. Can't wait to read more...:surfweb:

13. pjstevens

Day Four (at least part of day four) – Magic Kingdom

[​IMG]

Well, awoke Thursday, not feeling quite as bad, thank goodness. Still trouble breathing though. We hit the bus by 8am wanting to make sure we are there for rope drop this time. DH and I were there last year and rode Splash and BTMR a couple times (again and again without waiting) cause we were there at rope drop.

Well, much to our surprise when we got there, there was NO ONE waiting to get it. The gates were open and Main Street was practically empty.

[​IMG]

Stopped for some photo pass pics and found out it was EMH… HOW IN THE WORLD DID I MISS THIS???? We do not normally go during these hours, but were amazed at how ‘empty’ if felt. Found out we couldn’t go to Adventure land yet so we went to Fantasyland

This is my family walking into the castle
    [​IMG]

When we got to the other side of the castle we found where everyone was. We walked right onto IASW (as annoying as this can get, it’s a tradition for us).

[​IMG]

We then walked into Mickey’s PhilharMagic. We like this show and it was cool and relaxing. When we got done that it was just after 9am, so off to Adventure land. NO ONE was on the walkway.

[​IMG]

Walked over to Splash and there was a 20 minute wait so we got fp for BTMR and got in line for splash. This was probably the very longest we waited for anything all week (thank goodness, I can’t stand waiting in line). We got wet on Splash as we were in the front row this time. Our ride photo

[​IMG]

After wards, walked a little then it was time for our fp. After that we took the train to Toon Town. We took the pathway that comes out to the side of Space Mountain. The stand by line at that time, wasn’t too bad (I honestly don’t remember what it was) so we went ahead and got in. This was an awesome ride, UNLESS you are 6’ and get stuck in one of the front cars (of either section). Hubby was squished and his legs were so cramped. He was the one responsible to hold the ‘bag’ while on this ride. This is the small back pack I keep my camera, wallet, money, passes and ponchos in. Well fortunately, he held on good to that cause he lost his Brita water bottle. We’ve been using these for three years now (the best investment I’ve made) and now we are down one water bottle. We did have a good time though, so grabbed fp on the way out.

Walked around Tomorrow Land and did Carousel of Progress (walked on) and Transit Authority (walked on). Did the Monster’s Inc Laugh Club. This was adorable. Hubby was picked to ‘talk’ to one of the monsters. This was a short wait as it was starting five minutes from when we went in (so a nice short wait).

Well, I will have to end here, but will try to do the rest of this day tomorrow. On a side note, still sick here, not as bad, but not better yet, dd is struggling along, but now ds and dh are sick. What a mess.

14. pjstevens

I'd like to thank all those that have been hanging out and reading about our adventure. I love sharing our Disney memories. And as 'easy' as this is, you think I'd journal in my scrapbooks :rotfl: Maybe some day I'll do that...

I think that this link will work to view our photopass pictures. I have not ordered the cd yet as I am waiting to see if I get a code for a discount.

Our Disney Photopass Pictures

15. mymainmouse

mymainmouse Mouseketeer

I have been enjoying your trip report!:goodvibes I hope you all are feeling better soon. It seems like when you have a cold or bug in the heat and summertime they seem so much worse. Get better soon.:)

16. pjstevens

Kelly,

Thanks so much. Still struggling here but better than last week. I see your trip is real soon. Enjoy Mickey and friends. Tell them all 'hi' from me. :goodvibes

17. pjstevens

PrincessAlways,

I see you are from PA, do you fly out of Philly (or are you on the 'other' side)? From your siggy, I see you have a 'long' weekend trip coming up. What constitutes a long weekend? Do you go Friday to Monday? See the wheels are turning and I'm trying to 'justify' a weekend trip in October to check on dd princess:

18. scottny

Great Photopass pics. I love the "Tink" pic. I was told they are no longer doing it so I could not have it done. :sad2:
    Looking forward to the rest of your report.

19. pjstevens

Scott,

That was from our last day and I was so excited when the photographer said to do that (I knew what he was doing, having seen them over the years, but never fortunate enough to have one). As soon as he was done, I said, thanks so much, I've always wanted that. He said they were resurrecting that shot. While we were there, the Orlando paper had an article on them 'revamping' Tink... so hopefully you'll be able to get that on your next trip.

20. scottny

Thanks for the info, hopefully next year it will be there when I go cause I really want one.

21. winniethepoohsmom

winniethepoohsmom DIS Veteran

I wanted to tell you that I loved your video of fantasmic. My digital camera does'nt have sound and I took a video clip of wishes and it looks great but I would've loved to have sound with it. Linda