• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A trip to DLP, France, Italy & Eastern Mediterranean

Awesome shots of your day at Venice. You're making me want to go back there!

The food looks great. And I couldn't believe that you disorganised a non-english tour! WOW! You must have been busy in the lead-up to the holiday.

Oh Shushh. I could see my bedroom window from the Grand Canal view. Just beautiful. Love the Colour of the sky. Hope you made new Years.

I adore Venice and we have been lucky enough to visit twice now. The weather looks gorgeous and what a wonderful place to see the New Year. As always wow you covered so much in one day. Will the children be able to keep up the skiing back home in winter? We have never skiied but the resort looked fantastic. As for cocktails-just half a one always seems to make me so sick...now a glass of wine or champagne or prosecco (when in Venice...) that's a different story.

Awesome shots of your day at Venice. You're making me want to go back there!

The food looks great. And I couldn't believe that you disorganised a non-english tour! WOW! You must have been busy in the lead-up to the holiday.

PIO, you have no idea how crazy it was before we left. I didn't sleep the 24 hours before the flight...not by choice!

I have never been this disorganised for any trip! We will be winging Florence...

Oh Shushh. I could see my bedroom window from the Grand Canal view. Just beautiful. Love the Colour of the sky. Hope you made new Years.

Oh what a wonderful place to stay! I do remember now from your previous TR!

I adore Venice and we have been lucky enough to visit twice now. The weather looks gorgeous and what a wonderful place to see the New Year. As always wow you covered so much in one day. Will the children be able to keep up the skiing back home in winter? We have never skiied but the resort looked fantastic. As for cocktails-just half a one always seems to make me so sick...now a glass of wine or champagne or prosecco (when in Venice...) that's a different story.

Lucky you having the opportunity to visit twice. I think I mentioned this before but I have a soft spot for Italy and I simply love Venice.

We are fortunate that the children are doing well to maintain the pace! The day of rest after skiing helped a little as did the travel day. We would love the children to be able to ski again sometime soon to consolidate their skills...so maybe NZ?!? I'm still working on DH for that one :rotfl2:

Shushh - I sneaked ahead to your foggy day at Venice. What a fabulous day and what great pictures. Love the colours and the Disney find!

And you'll do fine winging it at Florence. Lots of walking and markets. :thumbsup2

Shushh, so glad to find your post today! Venice looks so beautiful :goodvibes I'm taking notes... :thumbsup2

Andona

PrincessInOz said:
Shushh - I sneaked ahead to your foggy day at Venice. What a fabulous day and what great pictures. Love the colours and the Disney find!

And you'll do fine winging it at Florence. Lots of walking and markets. :thumbsup2

Sneak ahead anytime! Sometimes I forget to post the link here. Thank you for your encouraging words and for reading along whilst you're away!

Andona said:
Shushh, so glad to find your post today! Venice looks so beautiful :goodvibes I'm taking notes... :thumbsup2

Andona

Venice is beautiful even in fog. It just takes on a different quality. We were surprised at how many people were up and about even on NY day.

I have been "reading ahead" also, your Venice pics are wonderful.
Re skiing in NZ, I get the impression that there are some very good package deals for Aussies to go to Queenstown ( Coronet Peak & The Remarkables) and Wanaka ( Cardrona & Treble Cone). Certainly we have seen LOTS of Australians at Cardrona when we have been there. Cardrona is our favourite for a family friendly ski field :thumbsup2

I have been "reading ahead" also, your Venice pics are wonderful.
Re skiing in NZ, I get the impression that there are some very good package deals for Aussies to go to Queenstown ( Coronet Peak & The Remarkables) and Wanaka ( Cardrona & Treble Cone). Certainly we have seen LOTS of Australians at Cardrona when we have been there. Cardrona is our favourite for a family friendly ski field :thumbsup2

Thank you! I never really took much notice of ski specials before as I'm not really a skier, so these suggestions help! Will definitely be researching them after this trip.

I love how you find someing a little different in the Disney stores as you change country got lots great stuff in Zara for the girls. Venice in the fog looked amazing, as did the islands. Love the colors. Food looks great.

:happytv: staying tuned for the next instalment.

Due to a terrible head cold and an inability to sleep for 3 hours last night I have finally managed to completely catch up, whew.

I have loved every minute of your journey so far and I think I even glimpsed a few shots of Jonah looking at the camera and gasp, smiling :rotfl:.

The one thing that is missing young lady, is pictures of you. Please please please make more of an effort to get in front of the camera. If not for yourself, for your children later on.

Venice just looks super duper stunning. I cannot wait to go there one day. I enjoyed seeing your castle in Carcassone (did I spell that right).

And Club Med - are you serious. That is some great luxury for parents right there :cool1:. Wowsers.

Can't wait to see and read more.

Your photos are stunning.

I love how you find someing a little different in the Disney stores as you change country got lots great stuff in Zara for the girls. Venice in the fog looked amazing, as did the islands. Love the colors. Food looks great.

:happytv: staying tuned for the next instalment.

I've been visiting all the stores to look for city specific merchandise like in New York. Other than Paris, so far the Italian stores don't have them. There was however a pretty good sale on! Minnie PJs for 10euros...

Due to a terrible head cold and an inability to sleep for 3 hours last night I have finally managed to completely catch up, whew.

I have loved every minute of your journey so far and I think I even glimpsed a few shots of Jonah looking at the camera and gasp, smiling :rotfl:.

The one thing that is missing young lady, is pictures of you. Please please please make more of an effort to get in front of the camera. If not for yourself, for your children later on.

Venice just looks super duper stunning. I cannot wait to go there one day. I enjoyed seeing your castle in Carcassone (did I spell that right).

And Club Med - are you serious. That is some great luxury for parents right there :cool1:. Wowsers.

Can't wait to see and read more.

Your photos are stunning.

Sorry to hear about the head cold and the lack of sleep. Thank you for reading despite that! I hope you feel better soon :hug:

Thank you for the compliments! Jonah has been having a great time. Currently all three children are being spoilt with nana and grandpa travelling. This will get worse as soon as my parents and family join us...

I do have photos of me...I just hate posting them!!! Will try harder to post them :rolleyes1

Love Jonahs Mickey shoes. They are fantastic. All of the kids look like try are having so much fun. Their smiles reach their eyes.

What I love in Italy is the food. So fresh and simple and filling and out of the main cities. Cheap. You almost feel like you are cheating them. We have passed through Bologna twice. It is on my list for our next Italy trip for sure.

Awesome!

I love Bologna. We had friends living there and as a consequence, we spent a bit of time in that city. It was a great place to use as a hub to Florence and towards Venice.

Your pictures take me back and I'm glad to see that the food reputation seems to remain intact.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter