A trip to DLP, France, Italy & Eastern Mediterranean

Discussion in 'Australia' started by shushh, Dec 6, 2012.

1. areweindisneyyet

areweindisneyyet DIS Veteran

Great tip. Thanks Wendy. My eldest also loved the Roman Mysteries by Caroline Lawrence. Aimed at 8 to 12 yo

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shushh

shushh DIS Veteran

4. Aussie Wendy

Aussie Wendy DIS Veteran

All caught up on your cruise days finally-sounds like lots of fun times-you really hit the jackpot with your guides for your stops-its more fun with casual locals than more formal tour operators we find too.

5. shushh

shushh DIS Veteran

Aussie Wendy, you're right. We personally prefer the smaller personalised groups even though it may be more expensive. You really do get a lot more out of your day and learn so much more. Of course, this all needs to be balanced with the security that the ship tours provide but with European ports we thought it was generally safe.

6. shushh

shushh DIS Veteran

7. Andona

Andona Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Shushh, thank you so much for your amazing Blog! It's been a pleasure to read and very inspiring :)

Andona

8. shushh

shushh DIS Veteran

Aw..thanks Andona! I hope it does help others with their travel plannjng, even if it is to know where NOT to go!

9. Minniemum

Minniemum DIS Veteran

Shushh, I'm another one singing your blog praises. Loved reading along from start to finish. Your family (including the extended members) seemed to have a wonderfully rich holiday full of educational and cultural information as well as quality family time together.

10. Mum from oz

Mum from oz DIS Veteran

Hi Shushh,

As usual I'm late jumping in. I've been AWOL from the boards lately. I'm slowly working my way through you blog/TR. I'm loving your adventures. Looks like you had a lovely time. I'm halfway through the cruise so near the end. Loving all the photos. We're thinking. Med cruise in 2015 with. Side trip to DLP so I will be using your trip for references! DLP is a very beautiful park.

11. shushh

shushh DIS Veteran

Thank you Minniemum for following the blog and for your kind words. We are very fortunate to be able to travel together as a family and share our experiences together. I know that this is quite a hard thing to do for many people for a multitude of reasons.

Hahaha, nothing wrong with going AWOL! I do it all the time :rotfl2: I find it hard sometimes to stay active with the business of life. Thank you though for reading my blog. I know you tend to travel around May? That's a lovely time to go to Europe! A med cruise would be awesome.

Ok I'd better hurry and finish up the last 2 days of our cruise...

12. shushh

shushh DIS Veteran

13. shushh

shushh DIS Veteran

14. PrincessInOz

PrincessInOz Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!

:wave:

Wonderful, Shushh. I wanna go on holiday with you and your amazing family. :thumbsup2

15. Aussie Wendy

Aussie Wendy DIS Veteran

As PIO said - amazing - and I admire your tenacity in coming back and finishing this day.

16. shushh

shushh DIS Veteran

Thank you Princess for staying faithful and always reading my blog posts :flower3:

17. shushh

shushh DIS Veteran

Thanks Wendy. It was tough, I don't know how people do it after they come back and do it so well too! With great photos and details! I only had the 1 day to finish and it took me nearly 9 months to do it!