• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Stringbean, a Wingnut, and a plan! (A January '12 PTR) TRIP REPORT STARTED!! 1/16!!

When planning a Disney trip, no concern is strange. We've all done the same thing when it comes to planning our ADR's, yet in the real world, I don't have a clue what I'm eating - when, where, or why - six months from now. :)

It's so funny how you think about these things SO far in advance. "Do you think you'll want steak in 2012?" :rotfl:. Oh the things that planning a trip to WDW does to us...

I realized after reading through I forgot to sub in popcorn:: looking forward to seeing what ADR's you get and more your planning!

J~

Glad to have you aboard!! :goodvibes

Sci Fi sounds really fun! It seems like everyone's complaint was that having a large group was cumbersome in the cars, so a group of two sounds like the perfect size for Sci Fi.

I really wanted to try Beaches and Cream, but with no reservations and since we're eating at the Plaza (plus five zillion other burger places it feels like), my boyfriend chose Kouzzina. I'm hoping to convince him to at least stop by for some ice cream!

I remember my mom saying that when we went to Sci-Fi when I was younger, she didn't like the seating, since I sat in a different row than them. But I definitely think for us it should be fine!

Wingnut and I really enjoy Kouzzina. They have a great variety of items there, despite not having the whimsical atmosphere of Beaches and Cream. I definitely vote to stop by there for ice cream! (And one of the roast beef subs there - they're really good! :laughing:)

I love when Disney Destinations sends me mail! :yay:

I remember for our trip last year this came in a whole monorail-shaped packet. I think park maps were involved too.

Sassagoula Floatworks has gumbo? Awesome.

I love when Disney praises my trip planning decision making.

Thanks for the suggestions, Disney! (But we aren't planning to go to either this trip! :laughing:)

Joanna - this made me laugh :rotfl:

These are more like it!

Does it make me sound horribly uncultured to say that I really don't get the appeal of Cirque?

I'm really really REALLY resolving to see Wishes this trip!

Shopping! That's something I don't need to resolve to do!

Maybe it's me, but 71 degrees does not really spell prime water park weather in my mind.

In other news, my birthday is on Sunday! party: (I love those little partying smilies :laughing:)

Joanna - this made me laugh :rotfl:

These are more like it!

:rotfl::rotfl: Those must dos are kind of boring... maybe Disney should hire me to come up with the new Must-Do lists. They'd be much more alcohol infused :drinking1 And I think I could come up with much more interesting photos to compliment my "must dos" :laughing:

You should make a point to watch wishes (Best to do it on an EMH night - because you can avoid the rush out of the park by enjoying more rides!) There's a really nice spot by the Christmas Shop in Liberty Square that is really uncrowded but still nice and close. Another not crowded spot is on the "lower" path in frontierland - the one that looks like a doc, and takes you almost to Splash. Can you tell that I Loooooove Wishes?

71 isn't too bad for waterpark weather - I wouldn't do it... but last time we were there in January it was in the 50s, and we were on the bus with a family that was going to the waterpark. Brrrrrr. I suppose if your kids love waterslides, but no thank you!

P.S. Happy Birthday in advance!!

Oh Mickey Mail :woohoo: I don't get much of that anymore when i book everything sep and via DVC...I saved my little packet when we stayed 1 night at POP last yr and the little monorail bookelt...have to scrap that somehow :thumbsup2

love how you broke down the stuff inside ;) and you have yet to see Wishes...omgosh you just MUST see it! In Nove we saw it like 6 times from various places in/out of the park :rotfl:

I am a big fan of watching near Tomorrowland so you can see Tink fly by!

and shopping oh yes shopping :cool1:

Oh, I love Mickey Mail, even when they do suggest things I'll never do (American Idol Experience among them!).
I don't get Cirque, either, especially at that price!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY in advanceparty::bday:!

Happy Birthday (in advance) Stringbean! :banana:

It's always exciting to get Mickey Mail! And they were very complimentary of you.....kudos.

Hooray for Mickey Mail! :woohoo:

What are you talking about? 71 is perfect water park weather! Especially from where I come from :goodvibes

Happy early birthday!!!! :bday: Any special plans?

I remember my mom saying that when we went to Sci-Fi when I was younger, she didn't like the seating, since I sat in a different row than them. But I definitely think for us it should be fine!

Wingnut and I really enjoy Kouzzina. They have a great variety of items there, despite not having the whimsical atmosphere of Beaches and Cream. I definitely vote to stop by there for ice cream! (And one of the roast beef subs there - they're really good! :laughing:)

That was kind of our thought process - we haven't been able to find a good Greek place (or any!) in our part of Colorado (who'd've thunk :rolleyes: Also, no cuban food which really disappoints my boyfriend) and as I grew up vacationing on the beach, Kouzzina edges out Beaches 'n' Cream in the 'unusual dining experience' department.

Cirque is really fun! They came and performed at my undergrad and spent the days before the performances doing streetmosphere in our farmer's market, etc. So for me, it might just be residual good vibes for the performers over the cultural value of the performance. I'd definitely choose the Beatles or Michael Jackson shows over the more abstract ones, though.

Happy early birthday!

Happy Early Birthday! I hope you get all the ADRs you want!

Thank you!! :goodvibes Thanks, I'm sure I'll be posting about that soon!

:rotfl::rotfl: Those must dos are kind of boring... maybe Disney should hire me to come up with the new Must-Do lists. They'd be much more alcohol infused :drinking1 And I think I could come up with much more interesting photos to compliment my "must dos" :laughing:

You should make a point to watch wishes (Best to do it on an EMH night - because you can avoid the rush out of the park by enjoying more rides!) There's a really nice spot by the Christmas Shop in Liberty Square that is really uncrowded but still nice and close. Another not crowded spot is on the "lower" path in frontierland - the one that looks like a doc, and takes you almost to Splash. Can you tell that I Loooooove Wishes?

71 isn't too bad for waterpark weather - I wouldn't do it... but last time we were there in January it was in the 50s, and we were on the bus with a family that was going to the waterpark. Brrrrrr. I suppose if your kids love waterslides, but no thank you!

P.S. Happy Birthday in advance!!

Hahaha I can think of some good Must-Do's here too. Idk, I can see a margarita flight and some pastries appealing to the crowd! It would certainly liven up the brochure!

That's what I'd been thinking about the EMH night. We're planning to go to California Grill, so I'm hoping to watch them from the observation deck, but I'm sure that it isn't really the same. Thanks for the in-park location hints!!

Oh man, I couldn't go to a water park when it's that cold! I've actually never been to any of the water parks (I know, this post is making it sound like I've pretty much done nothing except eat cupcakes and drink at WDW :laughing:), but I'm sure that I would probably wait until the weather is a BIT warmer!

Thank you!!!! :goodvibes

Oh Mickey Mail :woohoo: I don't get much of that anymore when i book everything sep and via DVC...I saved my little packet when we stayed 1 night at POP last yr and the little monorail bookelt...have to scrap that somehow :thumbsup2

love how you broke down the stuff inside ;) and you have yet to see Wishes...omgosh you just MUST see it! In Nove we saw it like 6 times from various places in/out of the park :rotfl:

I am a big fan of watching near Tomorrowland so you can see Tink fly by!

and shopping oh yes shopping :cool1:

I love saving all of my little Mickey mail pieces! It makes me so happy when I get something from Disney Destinations! :banana:

I know, I know, I'm really really REALLY determined to see it this time!! I've seen it many times on youtube, but I know that counts for pretty much nothing!

That sounds like a good place too! I'd love to see it on Main Street, but I am so not a fan of crowds, I'll take an alternate angle too! :goodvibes

Hahaha I don't need ANY encouragement to shop (especially at Disney!)...:rotfl:

Oh, I love Mickey Mail, even when they do suggest things I'll never do (American Idol Experience among them!).
I don't get Cirque, either, especially at that price!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY in advanceparty::bday:!

Hahaha same here! Idk, I've always been wary around clowns, and Cirque just does not appeal to me. And no, it is definitely not cheap!

Thank you!!! :goodvibes

Happy Birthday (in advance) Stringbean! :banana:

It's always exciting to get Mickey Mail! And they were very complimentary of you.....kudos.

Thanks!!! :goodvibes

I know, I love when Disney agrees with my planning decisions! (Although I'm sure they'd agree with pretty much any planning decision, starting with "let's go to Disney!" :rotfl:)

Hooray for Mickey Mail! :woohoo:

What are you talking about? 71 is perfect water park weather! Especially from where I come from :goodvibes

Happy early birthday!!!! :bday: Any special plans?

:banana: I love checking the mailbox on Mickey mail days!!

Hahaha alright, I'll take your word for it! (Although I'll probably stick with visiting Epcot instead!) :rotfl:

Thank you!!! :goodvibes Nah, no big plans. Going to dinner with Wingnut and my family. Probably just going to have a quiet weekend :)

That was kind of our thought process - we haven't been able to find a good Greek place (or any!) in our part of Colorado (who'd've thunk :rolleyes: Also, no cuban food which really disappoints my boyfriend) and as I grew up vacationing on the beach, Kouzzina edges out Beaches 'n' Cream in the 'unusual dining experience' department.

Cirque is really fun! They came and performed at my undergrad and spent the days before the performances doing streetmosphere in our farmer's market, etc. So for me, it might just be residual good vibes for the performers over the cultural value of the performance. I'd definitely choose the Beatles or Michael Jackson shows over the more abstract ones, though.

Happy early birthday!

That makes sense! We have a really great Greek restaurant right by us, but we still love going to Kouzzina too! I hope you enjoy it there! We always have :)

Oh wow, that's a pretty cool experience! How fun that you were able to really experience the show for a few days!

Horray for Mickey Mail. :cheer2:

:banana: I love that Disney Destinations return address!!!

:cool1: Awesome Mickey Mail! That's a very cute little brochure! I especially love how they knew your DIS name! :rotfl:

So - birthday????? Did I read birthday??????

Well, then.......

:bday:party::bday:

Can't wait to hear all about the ADRs.

I happen to think 71 degrees is perfect weather, but more for a hot tub, not the water parks!

ps - I did cirque last May. I got an excellent AP or DVC discount (I forget which). The tickets were very reasonable - I want to say no more than $60 a person. It really was a good show. Granted - their costumes are makeup are a bit strange, but the entertainment value of this show can not be beat. It really is mesmerizing. I can't imagine anyone not liking it after seeing it. There is not a bad seat in the house and the athleticism is incredible!

:cool1: Awesome Mickey Mail! That's a very cute little brochure! I especially love how they knew your DIS name! :rotfl:

So - birthday????? Did I read birthday??????

Well, then.......

:bday:party::bday:

Can't wait to hear all about the ADRs.

I happen to think 71 degrees is perfect weather, but more for a hot tub, not the water parks!

ps - I did cirque last May. I got an excellent AP or DVC discount (I forget which). The tickets were very reasonable - I want to say no more than $60 a person. It really was a good show. Granted - their costumes are makeup are a bit strange, but the entertainment value of this show can not be beat. It really is mesmerizing. I can't imagine anyone not liking it after seeing it. There is not a bad seat in the house and the athleticism is incredible!

Hahaha I know!! How smart is Disney??? ;)

I definitely think anywhere between 70 and 75 degrees is wonderful, wonderful weather! :cloud9:

Maybe Cirque is something I need to see in person, not just pictures! That's great that you were able to get a good discount, $60 does seem pretty reasonable for that type of show!

I love Mickey Mail! I just got one of those little packets in the mail a few days ago for my night at Pop! :banana: They always suggest such random things! :rotfl:

Your birthday is this Sunday? So is my DH's! party:

I love when Disney Destinations sends me mail! :yay:

Ah, yes, this is a fun little book, even though it doesn't tell you anything you don't already know. ;)

Hope you have a fun birthday weekend!

17.gif

I love Mickey Mail! I just got one of those little packets in the mail a few days ago for my night at Pop! :banana: They always suggest such random things! :rotfl:

Your birthday is this Sunday? So is my DH's! party:

Yay!!! Haha they really do! And it's always like "we picked this ESPECIALLY for you!" :confused3

:cool1: another July 17th birthday!! Happy birthday to your DH!

Ah, yes, this is a fun little book, even though it doesn't tell you anything you don't already know. ;)

Hope you have a fun birthday weekend!

17.gif

Hahaha that is true. Probably the only thing I really look at it for is the average temparature :rotfl:.

First off, I have added handy dandy chapter links to the first post of this PTR!

Secondly...

ADR's! Have! Been! Maaaaaaaaaaade!!!! :woohoo::yay::cheer2:

I made our ADR's a couple of days ago, and am very excited to share our plans!

Day 1:

We will be landing in MCO around 10am or so, and so I am hoping the powers of Disney transportation will be on our side so we are able to get to our ADR at

Sci-Fi Dine-In at 1:10 pm!

Last year we were pretty (ok, incredibly) lucky when it came to our "getting to Disney" transportation. There was a minimal wait to get onto the ME bus, when we got on, the bus literally left right away. We were the first resort the bus went to, there was no line at check-in, and our room was ready right then.

I can hope for a similar outcome, but I'm definitely not going to count on it!

This is why Wingnut and I decided to make a backup ADR for Sci-Fi later on in our trip. If we are running late on day one, I can just cancel that ADR and we won't have to worry about really "missing" it.

For dinner on our first day, Wingnut suggested we visit a favorite from our previous trip, Beaches and Cream!

So if all goes to plan for lunch, we will hop (okay, Friendship boat :boat:) over to the Beach Club for dinner. I know ideally it's best to go to B&C at an off-hour to avoid crowds, but I doubt we'd be hungry that early after a lunch at Sci-Fi. I do know to go well before Illuminations though, that's when the ice cream crowds will descend!

For dinner on our first day, Wingnut suggested we visit a favorite from our previous trip, Beaches and Cream!

So if all goes to plan for lunch, we will hop (okay, Friendship boat :boat:) over to the Beach Club for dinner. I know ideally it's best to go to B&C at an off-hour to avoid crowds, but I doubt we'd be hungry that early after a lunch at Sci-Fi. I do know to go well before Illuminations though, that's when the ice cream crowds will descend!

Always room for ice cream. :thumbsup2 Do you know if they'll mix flavors when getting a two scoop ice cream? The ice cream place at my undergrad didn't, so I always check if it's allowed when there's orange sherbert and vanilla ice cream on the menu (my favorite combination!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter