A promise to keep - PTR - The secret is out

We did inventions Sunday brunch about an hour after arriving on our last trip. It was a lovely way to start off the trip but the boys were a little shy with the characters. they were braver a few days later in cafe Mickey and auberge.

I'm a bit puzzled what to do. I'd love to have character dinner on your first night. And it just fits so good in my plan. The newbies arrive and we'll be watching DREAMS, so no good for character dinner. Maybe then third evening? :confused3

I'm going to say something which might not be agreed with but.... bringing friends is a disaster. It makes a fun time a lot more stressful and tests friendships.

Personally, I love DLP. I think it is just the best place in the entire world... I can justify the price and am even happy to pay the higher cost for meals and higher starred hotels.

But with people who haven't been before and don't get the whole Disney thing or who are cautious about spending it becomes awkward - we know the costs, we know the happiness our kids (and we) get from getting a big hug from Mickey during an expensive dinner (even if the food is only ok) we are happy to not get a lie in on holiday so we can get great photos on a deserted Main St or not have to wait 40 minutes for Peter Pan's Flight!

I found when bringing people who don't buy into the whole Disney thing it made for stressful planning and me resenting having to accommodate them!

I know they probably think we are crazy for spending so much but I think they are crazy for limiting themselves. The way I see it is, I have saved hard to be in DLP and it would be a waste not to treat ourselves by having nice, sometimes fancy meals!

I think like Ruth suggested I would be very open with plans and most of all do what is best for you and the boys! Don't get someone else's apprehension ruin what is sure to be a fabulous holiday for you and your two lovely boys. You never know, maybe your friend will get the Disney buzz and be pricing up Castle Club rooms before you know it ;)

Totally get what you mean Kizzy! I was so relieved when my sister was open to my meal suggestions and said she wasn't worried about budget. We're not going totally mad spending but at the same time we won't be counting the pennies.

I'm glad I'm over all this. I really was upset and mad about it, but now I don't care. I'm sure we'll separate and do well on our own. I told newbies my plans, kids requests and things how and when we're going to do it and that's it. I'm not stressing my vacation. I made my meal plans, shere I want to eat and I'm not changing those. When to eat is a subject to change. I want my kids to enjoy character dinner, it would be fun to start our vacation like that, but they might be tired - travel, flight, excitement of arrival. We'll watch Dreams only once, because it's a bit late for my kids and they become grumpy.

and oh what trouble I had with newbies. First of all they kept looking for something cheaper and not thinking about tickets. They would call me about the "better price" hotel and -yes- no tickets. I was mad about their complains, because I had been nice and made all the math - flight tickets, hotel, transportation and even gave idea about meal budget. They knew it won't be cheap, so now I'm not hearing anything about it.

I won't be nice and share my photopass as I sugested we share the expences and the pass, but they said they don't need it. So I'm not giving any photos.

So I guess we'll only meet for breakfast if it's not too early for them, lunch at CS restaurants and maybe some rides.

so, there, I said it all. I feel way better now. :grouphug:

Now to the main question - if it's worth to have dinner at Inventions on first night. I want my kids to enjoy it.

On our first trip we had dinner our first night in Inventions and it was absolutely magical Isila. Chip took Catherine by the arm and danced her down the restaurant as she roared with laughter. I had this on video but the memory card in the camera broke so we lost it along with all the photos from our first few days.

The character interaction has never been bettered in subsequent visits. I do think this is down to how excited we were as it was our first night on our first trip. :cool1:

That's what I thought - a great start. But still I doubt if kids would be tired. On the other hand, slow evening, nice meal, no rush. why not?

I know the wild west show in the village works out at an expensive meal, but I think its something your boys would enjoy, pretending to be cowboys, getting to bang there forks on the table...I love it :rotfl:

it wouldn't be a meal, cause they probably won't eat a thing :lmao::lmao::lmao: I was thinking about that too. Maybe if I got discount tickets :confused3 I admit, I want Inventions. For myself. :love:

Checking some sites for Disney shopping. I'm in a Disney mood.

Nothing :D but I found jackets for my kids and two lovely tops. Not sure about the sizes, have to measure my boys. Not sure if Gailius will fit.

And I found a lovely Minnie top for myself and they didn't have my size :sad1:

So, my boys received a post card from Goofy. And reaction was like ANTMs meet Tyra for first time. Well, something like this
OMG-WHAT.gif

fangirl.gif

Best surprise ever. Thank Donald Duck's wife :flower3:

So, my boys received a post card from Goofy. And reaction was like ANTMs meet Tyra for first time. Well, something like this
OMG-WHAT.gif

fangirl.gif

Best surprise ever. Thank Donald Duck's wife :flower3:

aww that's cute, I wasn't sure if they knew about the trip or not, so didn't want to say see you soon or that.

No, they still don't have a clue. They're still saving the money. I'm not telling before we go :goodvibes

And was such a wonderful suprise :goodvibes

UPDATE :thumbsup2

We booked a hotel in Paris. Now I just need to book transport to hotel and then from hotel to CDG.

I need to update my whole trip plan.

Oh, and I did some great Disney shopping, bought some nice t shirts for my boys... and me :rotfl:

UPDATE :thumbsup2

We booked a hotel in Paris. Now I just need to book transport to hotel and then from hotel to CDG.

I need to update my whole trip plan.

Oh, and I did some great Disney shopping, bought some nice t shirts for my boys... and me :rotfl:

ohh pictures please :wave2: ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter