A promise to keep - PTR - The secret is out

Donald Ducks wife said:
Hello :wave2:

what size are the boys in clothes? I can look out for Disney clothing in the sales, I always look for Jonah, that's how he has so much Disney stuff, I always buy it in the sales 1 size up to use the year after :)

I buy 140cm for Gailius and 122cm for Ignas. One size up is also a good thing. I'd be very thankful for that.

Boys have no idea of going. And I think this time I'll keep it secret till we go. Just for fun.

I buy 140cm for Gailius and 122cm for Ignas. One size up is also a good thing. I'd be very thankful for that.

Boys have no idea of going. And I think this time I'll keep it secret till we go. Just for fun.

no idea about those sizes, here in the uk we go by age.

ahh they will love a surprise, there great boys :thumbsup2

Donald Ducks wife said:
no idea about those sizes, here in the uk we go by age.

ahh they will love a surprise, there great boys :thumbsup2

well, there comes the difference! Gailius just turned 9 and Ignas will be 6 in a month.

Altough Gailius birthday was on 22nd October, we only celebrated it today due to flu he got over three weeks ago.

Saw a minnie&mickey kissing t-shirt today, wanted to buy it, but didn't like the colors and the print was way too washed out look like.

So we are booked. YAY YAY YAY

Not so yay - only 5 nights. Because SF and Cheyenne are totally booked. Can you believe that? Fully booked! No 7 night stay for us. Because the weekend stay is the big problem.

So we get a 5 night/6 night. Not too bad.
So I have to come up with a new plan. I guess we are going to Paris after all... I need a hotel in Paris for 2 nights now. Any suggestions?

It's a bit disappointing. When you plan everything and have hopes.. On the other hand - we miss the crowds!!!!! And it's cheaper. Oh, and they let me use French offer. And the lady said it's no problem to use any site offer. That's the policy - the cross - booking.

So, after I made a booking and hung up, I came up with the idea - maybe book a better hotel? What do you think?

So we are booked. YAY YAY YAY

Not so yay - only 5 nights. Because SF and Cheyenne are totally booked. Can you believe that? Fully booked! No 7 night stay for us. Because the weekend stay is the big problem.

So we get a 5 night/6 night. Not too bad.
So I have to come up with a new plan. I guess we are going to Paris after all... I need a hotel in Paris for 2 nights now. Any suggestions?

It's a bit disappointing. When you plan everything and have hopes.. On the other hand - we miss the crowds!!!!! And it's cheaper. Oh, and they let me use French offer. And the lady said it's no problem to use any site offer. That's the policy - the cross - booking.

So, after I made a booking and hung up, I came up with the idea - maybe book a better hotel? What do you think?

Have you priced up the better hotels for the longer stay?

Exciting times, as much I get stressed booking - it is also really exciting getting those plans in place!

RoseBug said:
Have you priced up the better hotels for the longer stay?

Exciting times, as much I get stressed booking - it is also really exciting getting those plans in place!

SL comes to 1000 eur as only Montana rooms are left. So 400 eur more.

On the other hand it works out good, we'll spent Saturday in Paris. Just need to book a hotel.

SL comes to 1000 eur as only Montana rooms are left. So 400 eur more.

On the other hand it works out good, we'll spent Saturday in Paris. Just need to book a hotel.

Ouch - that is a little too much more! :( But, yes a day in Paris will be lovely. Hope you find a nice hotel!

I'm sure we will. It all works out very well. (if you can't change the fact, change your attitude :lmao: )

Now I just need to find a hotel and this seems confusing - never been to Paris, have no idea what good price is nor what location I should look for. And how to book the transportation. Would taxi cost a lot? And would they take 7 people with luggage?

So, the newbies don't want to do any character meal, because it's expensive. And they are not interested in photopass, because they can take their own pictures. I did offer to share the cost and the pass, but they said no. So now I'm a bit puzzled of what to do. I want the pass and I could get that for myself and kids. But then what - not add their pictures? We'll be going as a group (or I expect that), so they'll be in pictures anyway.
I'm a bit disappointed about that. I keep hearing it's too expensive, not worth doing etc. Well I told them DLP wont be cheap. I counted the prices, showed the menus, told of previous experiences... They are still not sure if to book the hotel with French offer (35 off and kids go free) as they might find something cheaper. They keep calling me about other hotels they found that are cheaper and I keep asking - what about the tickets?!

Ok, I just let all this out... But I feel so frustrated about all this. Like they are going to ruin our holiday in DLP. I know it's not true, but I feel it coming. I want to to be a good trip, I keep planing things, but it's just not working. Maybe we should go separately once we arrive and they take a look around.

Found a nice price for Ibis hotel in Paris for two night stay. Hotel looks ok, nothing fancy, but I can't expect more for a low price.

So, the newbies don't want to do any character meal, because it's expensive. And they are not interested in photopass, because they can take their own pictures. I did offer to share the cost and the pass, but they said no. So now I'm a bit puzzled of what to do. I want the pass and I could get that for myself and kids. But then what - not add their pictures? We'll be going as a group (or I expect that), so they'll be in pictures anyway.
I'm a bit disappointed about that. I keep hearing it's too expensive, not worth doing etc. Well I told them DLP wont be cheap. I counted the prices, showed the menus, told of previous experiences... They are still not sure if to book the hotel with French offer (35 off and kids go free) as they might find something cheaper. They keep calling me about other hotels they found that are cheaper and I keep asking - what about the tickets?!

Ok, I just let all this out... But I feel so frustrated about all this. Like they are going to ruin our holiday in DLP. I know it's not true, but I feel it coming. I want to to be a good trip, I keep planing things, but it's just not working. Maybe we should go separately once we arrive and they take a look around.

Found a nice price for Ibis hotel in Paris for two night stay. Hotel looks ok, nothing fancy, but I can't expect more for a low price.

how about do what we do when we meet you at DLP? have your own time as a family in the day and meet for a couple of hours and do rides etc together then go your own way.
Just let them pick there own hotel, they will realise on the first day of the prices. and that's a silly attitude for them to have even before going on the holiday that there not going to bother with most of it as its expensive, well they will wish they did. You cant do Disney 'on the cheap'.

Don't let them ruin it for you, this trip is special to you and the boys. Enjoy it!

Donald Ducks wife said:
how about do what we do when we meet you at DLP? have your own time as a family in the day and meet for a couple of hours and do rides etc together then go your own way.
Just let them pick there own hotel, they will realise on the first day of the prices. and that's a silly attitude for them to have even before going on the holiday that there not going to bother with most of it as its expensive, well they will wish they did. You cant do Disney 'on the cheap'.

Don't let them ruin it for you, this trip is special to you and the boys. Enjoy it!

I think I just might do that. We'll see this as we go. We arrive on Sunday and newbies on Monday, so we'll have all day to ourselves. I'll book Inventions, it just wins over Chez Remy. Also I will buy photopass, because I want those photos. But what about sharing?

I loved time with you and Jonah!

so lastny newbies made a booking. But the priced increased over 100 eur because they didn't offer 35% anymore, but only 25%. She wasn't happy about it, but she shouldn't have waited. Oh, and the lady told Cheyenne wasn't available to book being full.

So, the newbies don't want to do any character meal, because it's expensive. And they are not interested in photopass, because they can take their own pictures. I did offer to share the cost and the pass, but they said no. So now I'm a bit puzzled of what to do. I want the pass and I could get that for myself and kids. But then what - not add their pictures? We'll be going as a group (or I expect that), so they'll be in pictures anyway. I'm a bit disappointed about that. I keep hearing it's too expensive, not worth doing etc. Well I told them DLP wont be cheap. I counted the prices, showed the menus, told of previous experiences... They are still not sure if to book the hotel with French offer (35 off and kids go free) as they might find something cheaper. They keep calling me about other hotels they found that are cheaper and I keep asking - what about the tickets?! Ok, I just let all this out... But I feel so frustrated about all this. Like they are going to ruin our holiday in DLP. I know it's not true, but I feel it coming. I want to to be a good trip, I keep planing things, but it's just not working. Maybe we should go separately once we arrive and they take a look around. Found a nice price for Ibis hotel in Paris for two night stay. Hotel looks ok, nothing fancy, but I can't expect more for a low price.
Once they're there they are bound to get caught up in the magic!
Although I do know what you mean. I am a bit worried that my nieces won't make the most of it. I'll be banning the words 'boring' and 'bored'.

I suggested we go separate ways when we're there. They aren't interested in characters and I know my kids are nuts about that.

We could meet for lunch or dinner, maybe to some rides in between. Although I doubt they will eat those places we want to eat. They said no to character meal and Remy and looking more to McDonalds. Basically they would like 30 eur in total meal. My plans are totally different.

And speaking of meal plan....

I hope Toad hall will be open :rolleyes1:cloud9:

I want Inventions, Toad Hall, Hakuna Matata, Restaurant des tars or Plaza gardens (where to eat in Studios????), Colonel Hathi's, I want to do RFC due to atmosphere, but not sure about the menu. Annette's. EoS!!! Casey's corner. Lucky nugget and Cowboy cookout. Bah.. I don't have that many days in DLP :laughing:

We had the same problem, Isila - too many places to eat and not enough days! In the end we did manage to narrow it down and will just have to go back to try the other places!

This is a very very good reason to plan another trip :lmao::lmao:
So, my number one to is is Toad hall, because in 4 trips we've never been there. Lucky nugget - also. Cowboy cookout - I had a great burger there.
So we have 6 days, this means 6 lunches and dinners :cool1:

I feel like planing. So decided to plan our meals. So confused with character dinner :confused3

Anyway, my plan at this moment looks like this.

Lunch Dinner
03 22 Cowboy cookout Cafe Mickey
03 23 Lucky nugget EoS
03 24 Restaurant des stars McDonalds
03 25 Colonel Hathi's RFC
03 26 Hakuna Matata Eos
03 27 Toad Hall ?

Want to do Lucky nugget and Toad hall, because we never had a meal there. Also we have to do a character dinner and I'd love to have one buffet meal. Not sure if Restaurant des stars or plaza gardens.

Today I booked VEA for a ride from CDG to SF. Used VEA kids offer and price was 36eur. We've never done it and kids asked me to take a ride with red Disney bus. So we are going to do it and I hope it will be fun and not too slow.

Also I decided on Inventions instead of CM. Do you think Inventions dinner on arrival night is a good idea? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter